Can't help but notice this mod positively floods the papyrus log with errors. I don't have bm licenses installed and it still seems to try to call functions/get forms from them. It doesn't seem to make the mod malfunction but it does make troubleshooting papyrus issues a pain in the ass. I think something is malfunctioning with dependency detection because the MCM reports BM licenses as installed when it isn't.

On 12/24/2023 at 10:46 AM, Yomikaki said:

Can't help but notice this mod positively floods the papyrus log with errors. I don't have bm licenses installed and it still seems to try to call functions/get forms from them. It doesn't seem to make the mod malfunction but it does make troubleshooting papyrus issues a pain in the ass. I think something is malfunctioning with dependency detection because the MCM reports BM licenses as installed when it isn't.

Good catch! I haven't seen it because I've had BM Licenses in for a while. Script was trying to read a variable before it checked if the mod was installed. I reversed it and the error went away. Fixed for next version, already well in the works.

16 minutes ago, mythcraft said:

mod is not working properly, mcm changes revert back and no dialogue for followers 

New game, or an old one you added this to? Is it an update from an older version, or first time installing this?

You can try to use the Reset Quests function on the last menu page, see if it helps? First I've heard of an issue like this, never seen it, so advice is a bit short. Will try to help, if I can.

On 12/27/2023 at 5:42 AM, Horred said:

New game, or an old one you added this to? Is it an update from an older version, or first time installing this?

You can try to use the Reset Quests function on the last menu page, see if it helps? First I've heard of an issue like this, never seen it, so advice is a bit short. Will try to help, if I can.

Forgot to mention, this did not happen in the last version of 2.1.4, I have a save with no sl mods installed, and I enable/run all sl/loverslab mods at once from that save, so its modded but without any sl mods. That save does not break any of the other sl mods.

19 hours ago, mythcraft said:

Forgot to mention, this did not happen in the last version of 2.1.4, I have a save with no sl mods installed, and I enable/run all sl/loverslab mods at once from that save, so its modded but without any sl mods. That save does not break any of the other sl mods.

Thanks for writing back, that was a big clue! I caught one thing that might affect this, and had already patched it.

If the installed mods list changes during game (remove or add mods), now the MCM script will look for this and adjust variables accordingly. It was formerly set to only check once per game, so it didn't detect your mid-game changes. Big oversight on my part, even though it's considered a no-no in Bethesda games... As of my next version, just open the MCM menu to the last page (Uninstall/Repair) and it should all be re-detected and (hopefully) then work for you.

As for ETA, just testing out a couple final features and next version should be available in a couple of days.

19 hours ago, mythcraft said:

Thanks for writing back, that was a big clue! I caught one thing that might affect this, and had already patched it.

If the installed mods list changes during game (remove or add mods), now the MCM script will look for this and adjust variables accordingly. It was formerly set to only check once per game, so it didn't detect your mid-game changes. Big oversight on my part, even though it's considered a no-no in Bethesda games... As of my next version, just open the MCM menu to the last page (Uninstall/Repair) and it should all be re-detected and (hopefully) then work for you. This not only changes the toggles in MCM, it sets the variables the mod needs to run properly for this/that soft dependency.

As for ETA, just testing out a couple final features and next version should be available in a couple of days.

7 hours ago, Horred said:

If the installed mods list changes during game (remove or add mods), now the MCM script will look for this and adjust variables accordingly. It was formerly set to only check once per game, so it didn't detect your mid-game changes. Big oversight on my part, even though it's considered a no-no in Bethesda games... As of my next version, just open the MCM menu to the last page (Uninstall/Repair) and it should all be re-detected and (hopefully) then work for you. This not only changes the toggles in MCM, it sets the variables the mod needs to run properly for this/that soft dependency.

no problem, good luck on your modding.

There's a suggestion but not necessary to implement if its too difficult, is it possible to show the location of the hired npcs in the mcm menu and another option to give them the ability to move around rooms that have loading screens or move from one location to another finding clients.

Just dropping a quick warning here for users who are considering to use this mod:

You may be unable to remove this mod without reverting to an earlier savegame. Not by disabling the mod, not by using the "uninstall"-option, and neither by using resaver. On my setup the result was always "savegame corrupted" when trying to load the resulting save. This is not specific to TDF, but only this "enhanced" addon. I've successfully removed and readded the main TDF mod in the past. This addon instead seems to be unremovable. On my setup at least. Your mileage may vary.

10 hours ago, libertyordeath said:

Just dropping a quick warning here for users who are considering to use this mod:

You may be unable to remove this mod without reverting to an earlier savegame. Not by disabling the mod, not by using the "uninstall"-option, and neither by using resaver. On my setup the result was always "savegame corrupted" when trying to load the resulting save. This is not specific to TDF, but only this "enhanced" addon. I've successfully removed and readded the main TDF mod in the past. This addon instead seems to be unremovable. On my setup at least. Your mileage may vary.

Might be some new quests/variables that haven't been accounted for in the Reset/Uninstall sections yet. I'll look into it for next version, thanks for the heads up.

Did you try using "Purge Plugin" on TDF Enhanced in ReSaver before removing the mod, by chance? I often get out of those "Save Game Corrupt" losses this way.

Also, if by chance you took my mod out and left the main mod in, that could be a really wonky situation I'm not sure any program (or modder) could account for--same quests/different scripts & variables, and worse...

On 12/29/2023 at 2:50 AM, mythcraft said:

no problem, good luck on your modding.

There's a suggestion but not necessary to implement if its too difficult, is it possible to show the location of the hired npcs in the mcm menu and another option to give them the ability to move around rooms that have loading screens or move from one location to another finding clients.

What do you mean by their location? It already tells you what area they're in. Do you mean distances and directions, like you see in some other mods like PAHE? It's possible with some good math and scripting to back it, but the bigger question is where to fit that on the interface. That page gets quite long if you build an empire. :)

Cross-area hooking might be difficult, as in very difficult. Detecting potential clients in these areas in advance, even more difficult still. Perhaps it could be done to some specific areas via Location Type, like "LocationTypeInn" e.g.? Would have to be tested out a bunch before it could be considered "safe for general usage".

42 minutes ago, Horred said:

Might be some new quests/variables that haven't been accounted for in the Reset/Uninstall sections yet. I'll look into it for next version, thanks for the heads up.

Did you try using "Purge Plugin" on TDF Enhanced in ReSaver before removing the mod, by chance? I often get out of those "Save Game Corrupt" losses this way.

Also, if by chance you took my mod out and left the main mod in, that could be a really wonky situation I'm not sure any program (or modder) could account for--same quests/different scripts & variables, and worse...

Methods i tried (in each case i did so on a new throwaway save, so no damage was carried over between attempts)

1. Disable the enhanced addon only.

2. Disable main mod and addon

3. Purge both plugins in resaver, disable both and then load the save

4. Use the "uninstall"-feature in the mod, make new savegame, disable both mods, then load the save

All of the above were done in a small home, with nobody else than me around. No prostitutes have been used for 10 days and auto-approach is disabled (Yet the function keeps trying to run and failing according to papyrus log. The error-spam from this mod is the main reason i wanted to remove it and see what happens).

P.S.: Aside from the bugs and uninstall issues, i hope this addon does not go down the feature-creep route, by adding complex features like the mentioned cross-area tracking. Instead i'd like it to focus on small but meaningful additions to existing mechanics.

Stuff i could think right away:

1. Group acts on self-prositution. Like while a client is following the player, one can talk to another NPC and invite him. If available installed animations are a concern, you could make this an option and limit it to 3P, since there's plenty animpacks for that. Pricing doesn't neccessarily need a config option. You could just make it half-price for every additional actor and that's it.

2. Group acts on automatic supervised NPC prostitution (the "i don't have time to"-option). Again, could be an option and limited to 3P.

3. Better support - or maybe documentation - for making "Work here/in a city" compatible with NFF. From my quick testing, it seems if i have a follower with a homebase and dismiss her, she uses the NFF-homebase AI package instead of the "work here/in a city" package. I don't really have a preference for how this should work - just would like there to be a doctrine on how to handle it.

Edited by libertyordeath

Small bug after upgrading to this version mid game (from the previous version).
I get the dialogue "You wanna make some coin with that body? (Persuade)", and if I get a positive response I get no further TDF dialogue.  The person just follows me around forever. (until I use a different mod to recruit and dismiss them, either as a follower or slave).

After reading this page I'll try to remember to try that "repair" option in MCM.

Update:  Ran it and now I have dollar signs on a lot of MCM items.

Edited by chasm

Looks like next patch will be skipping new features, and concentrating on fixing things up. After a short break for the change-of-year, of course.

@chasm What type of person was this. Just an NPC? Already a follower or slave, beforehand?

@libertyordeath Sorry my advice was moot. I'm definitely going to look into this Save Corruption for next patch. As for the NFF followers, AFAIK from the original mod followers were not eligible for these slots, so even getting the message was in error. Followers were only allowed in party hooking slots, because of this issue. It could be handled differently (allow it, and Dismiss follower), but I'd have to see what it takes to interface with NFF first. I'm a regular user of that mod, so testing it won't be an issue.

Also planned is fixing up the Save/Load settings features I added a while back, to account for all the new variables and such added since. I'm sure more will pop up, thanks to you all for reporting your issues!

Update:  Sorry.  False alarm.  "TDF's Prostitution and Pimping Independent prostitutes" was loading after this (both assets and esp) and causing the problem.  Flipping the order fixed it. 
Sorry again.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:47 AM, Horred said:

What do you mean by their location? It already tells you what area they're in. Do you mean distances and directions, like you see in some other mods like PAHE? It's possible with some good math and scripting to back it, but the bigger question is where to fit that on the interface. That page gets quite long if you build an empire. :)

Cross-area hooking might be difficult, as in very difficult. Detecting potential clients in these areas in advance, even more difficult still. Perhaps it could be done to some specific areas via Location Type, like "LocationTypeInn" e.g.? Would have to be tested out a bunch before it could be considered "safe for general usage".

Don't worry about this feature its not necessary, I forgotten that the mod already tells the locations XD my bad. Thanks for the update, will test it later.

54 minutes ago, 117xxx said:

Error: File "BM_Licenses.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

2.2 version still have something wrong in scaning

Thanks, and good timing was working on scripts. Found it! Was a second block of the same "license checking" script in the MCM configuration file.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:49 PM, libertyordeath said:

3. Better support - or maybe documentation - for making "Work here/in a city" compatible with NFF. From my quick testing, it seems if i have a follower with a homebase and dismiss her, she uses the NFF-homebase AI package instead of the "work here/in a city" package. I don't really have a preference for how this should work - just would like there to be a doctrine on how to handle it.

Got more info on this. I was right, the original setup intent was keeping followers out of the Roaming/City Hookers groups. However, only the "Current Follower" faction is being accounted for. It needs bits like "potential" and "Dismissed" followers, as well as "Current Hireling" faction which I believe NFF uses in some capacity. I found it listed in a ConsoleUtil check of Lydia as an NFF follower (as Rank -1), recently dismissed to steward the CC Farm.

So I think the best approach is to just keep it as intended, and extend the checks to include more possibilities. Followers can remain in a class of their own (just Party Hookers). You can still hire many friendly NPC's to come work for you with high persuasion, and there's always the Slave route to build up your pimping empires. I used the latter route in my test game for 2.2.0

On 12/30/2023 at 8:26 PM, libertyordeath said:

Methods i tried (in each case i did so on a new throwaway save, so no damage was carried over between attempts)

1. Disable the enhanced addon only.

2. Disable main mod and addon

3. Purge both plugins in resaver, disable both and then load the save

4. Use the "uninstall"-feature in the mod, make new savegame, disable both mods, then load the save

All of the above were done in a small home, with nobody else than me around. No prostitutes have been used for 10 days and auto-approach is disabled (Yet the function keeps trying to run and failing according to papyrus log. The error-spam from this mod is the main reason i wanted to remove it and see what happens).

I went through the RESET and UNINSTALL functions today, added my own missing quests and spells from recent updates/features. I then combed through the original mod's quests and found a good 50 or more missing...some of them key scripts. Realize you said they weren't causing a corrupt save error, but it wasn't good either.

Any rate, I've tried a complete uninstall a few times, including and not including removing all the extra files (scripts, animations, etc.) as well. I only did this after running the UNINSTALL function--trying to support otherwise would be madness on my part. While I cannot get a "Clean Save" out of this--had the same 218 Unattached instances every attempt despite efforts--I have not had a single corrupt save. I didn't use a quiet cell (Tamriel). Tried without bothering to remove animations via FNIS, as I've had 3 mods recently give me corrupt saves over animations--pin-boned, but still loaded. Think this is about the best I can do without going really crazy on it.

Posted (edited)

Save/load features are also combed through, and I think I have all the needed variables accounted for. I also added a bit to erase the contents of your Slave Display Names JSON on either UNINSTALL or on starting a New Game. Still need to test the latter.

In addition, because of what I saw on an NFF follower I added DismissedFollowerFaction and CurrentHireling condition checks to all the dialogs, quests and packages using the "Follower Clients Alllowed" toggle. As well as the newer TDF_SlaverFaction. Hopefully this quiets down any false checks that have been reported recently.

Will need to test a bit more locally, and I can't guarantee 100% success on all fixes, but if it looks well enough on my end I'll get this out in the next couple days or so.

EDIT: JSON erasing works on a new game as well. It's technically a Debug function I'm using, but it does the job I need done quickly/neatly. ;)

(Disclaimer) It doesn't erase the file, just the entries...any/all slave names and form ID's you accumulated in your last-game travels, so your list doesn't get bloated w/ redundancies. If for some reason you want to keep the old entries as well (e.g. playing two+ games at once), just save a copy and overwrite after starting your new game and before "hiring" any slaves.

Edited by Horred
On 12/31/2023 at 4:46 PM, chasm said:

Small bug after upgrading to this version mid game (from the previous version).
I get the dialogue "You wanna make some coin with that body? (Persuade)", and if I get a positive response I get no further TDF dialogue.  The person just follows me around forever. (until I use a different mod to recruit and dismiss them, either as a follower or slave).

After reading this page I'll try to remember to try that "repair" option in MCM.

Update:  Ran it and now I have dollar signs on a lot of MCM items.

Just finished testing out the RESET function, after overhauling it like the UNINSTALL as described above. I'm seeing all messages, no dollar signs. Not sure if it is working 100% as a Reset should, but at least we have a clean book cover to start with. :)