On 1/23/2024 at 5:59 PM, bubba999 said:

Alright, did some testing of the 2.4 on a new game. Innkeeper percent is working again.

But, my PC gets the recruitment dialogue with every female just like before.

Wait, by recruitment dialog do you mean the one with a Persuade check as well? If so, that's supposed to be happening. I thought the request was to add a toggle switch to flip that on/off at will.

Edited by Horred
On 1/23/2024 at 10:01 PM, chasm said:

Okay, I used the console to set the variable and then it works.  So I've got a problem with the MCM control.

There were some issues with MCM sliders/toggles in v2.3.0, and just upgrading to 2.4.0 didn't cure them. I had them, and at least one other reporter. Was this your case as well, or did you start a new game with 2.4.0 as recommended? If an older game, try the Purge procedure I posted last page (fire your hookers if any first). It's not a guaranteed success, but I was able to use it and things were back working.

10 hours ago, Horred said:

did you start a new game with 2.4.0 as recommended?

I didn't upgrade to 2.4 since you said it needed a new game and I'm not ready to start one. I was disappointed to not get to upgrade!

I did the purge procedure with no luck, so I did one additional step and instead of just turning the plugins back on, I did a reinstall of this mod (of my same 2.3 version) thinking maybe I had a corrupt pex file for the MCM.  Then my MCM did start working, but I still didn't get dialogs.   So when confirming the MCM was working by checking the "bb_maxparty..." variable, just for the hell of it I set the variable up by one more via the console and the dialogs did start showing.  I'm not sure setting changes like "solo" or "auto" are actually working still.  Haven't checked yet.

Actually, I tried far more than just one additional step, like messing with the json file, but nothing else seemed to have a positive effect.  I found a few negative ones though.  Such as if I did a Fallrim cleaning with the mod disabled, EVERYTHING broke!

I might poke it a little more in the console to get the settings all where I want them, or at least verify they are where I want them, but it's functional enough for now.  I'll come back for the latest next time I start a new game.
Thank you!

4 hours ago, chasm said:

I didn't upgrade to 2.4 since you said it needed a new game and I'm not ready to start one. I was disappointed to not get to upgrade!

I did the purge procedure with no luck, so I did one additional step and instead of just turning the plugins back on, I did a reinstall of this mod (of my same 2.3 version) thinking maybe I had a corrupt pex file for the MCM.  Then my MCM did start working, but I still didn't get dialogs.   So when confirming the MCM was working by checking the "bb_maxparty..." variable, just for the hell of it I set the variable up by one more via the console and the dialogs did start showing.  I'm not sure setting changes like "solo" or "auto" are actually working still.  Haven't checked yet.

Actually, I tried far more than just one additional step, like messing with the json file, but nothing else seemed to have a positive effect.  I found a few negative ones though.  Such as if I did a Fallrim cleaning with the mod disabled, EVERYTHING broke!

I might poke it a little more in the console to get the settings all where I want them, or at least verify they are where I want them, but it's functional enough for now.  I'll come back for the latest next time I start a new game.
Thank you!

I've got one more thing for your 2.3.0 game, which... "might" help a little? Delete all scripts from 1-12-2024, at 21:28. Let TDF2023 overwrite those. These are the LE scripts that crept in during the animation job. Best of luck, and sorry for giving you a bum version to base your game off of.

On 1/21/2024 at 6:54 PM, Horred said:

Done some testing, things look good. I still recommend a new game, but I found a way to restore an existing one:

1. Fire your hookers, and do the MCM Uninstall option
  2. Save and close, as directed
  3. Open your save in Re-Saver, and do a purge on Sexlab TDF Aggressive Prostitution, TDF Enhanced Prostitution, and any of the plugins you're using (PAHE and Enhanced Rape have data IIRC)
  4. Save As (a new save file), then go into your mod manager and disconnect (but don't uninstall) all of the above
  5. Start up your game, ignoring the missing files message
  6. Let it run a few minutes, until you can confirm the menu(s) have disappeared from MCM
  7. Save and close game
  8. Turn your plugins back on, and re-load the game
  9. Let it run a few minutes, until the MCM Registered Menu(s) message appears
  10. Save, close, open game
  11. Adjust your settings as you like. Save and Close one more time

At this point I had a perfectly working MCM as well as a clean log.* Before the debug code was re-commented out, I saw the Scanner was back up & running. Hookers could be hired, propositions offered, and so on. Didn't go much further, but it looked restored to pre-2.3.0 glory with a few bonuses.

Just came back to playing skyrim and tried the above instructions:

I haven't done extensive playtesting yet. Just played for an hour after using the above method. Seems to work without issues so far on my setup.

Edited by libertyordeath

this mod working great now, no more crashes during dances 👍, not sure if they should autodance w/o being in auto hoe mode though, would be nice to be able to select tags or animations and hoe them out to citizens pets and horses🤣

On 1/26/2024 at 6:35 PM, libertyordeath said:

Just came back to playing skyrim and tried the above instructions:

I haven't done extensive playtesting yet. Just played for an hour after using the above method. Seems to work without issues so far on my setup.

Update: 10 hours now. Zero problems.

I noticed something odd however, which i suspect is part of the original TDF and was likely done on purpose: Most of the Companions in Jorrvaskr (living in the meadhall in Whiterun) cannot be clients. The option simply doesn't show up - at least not inside the building. I should mention that i have the Dirty Deeds mod and the werewolf quest active, so that might be interfering.

Question / Possible minor bug or just bad UI-design in original TDF:

Do the sex-type chances in the MCM config menu apply to the player only, or prostitutes too?

For testing, i set vanilla "sex" chance to "10" and both oral, anal to "0". Then i hired 4 prostitute and pimped them to clients. Still got occassional oral animations. And nope: Not foreplay, not just a stage in the anim: Plain oral main anims start to finish.

It's possible the error is on my side (or rather, the creator of some animpack i have installed), but before i search through 100's of anims and their tags, i thought maybe it's just that those config settings are player-only, and ignored by active/independent hookers.

Edited by libertyordeath
1 hour ago, libertyordeath said:

Question / Possible minor bug or just bad UI-design in original TDF:

Do the sex-type chances in the MCM config menu apply to the player only, or prostitutes too?

For testing, i set vanilla "sex" chance to "10" and both oral, anal to "0". Then i hired 4 prostitute and pimped them to clients. Still got occassional oral animations. And nope: Not foreplay, not just a stage in the anim: Plain oral main anims start to finish.

It's possible the error is on my side (or rather, the creator of some animpack i have installed), but before i search through 100's of anims and their tags, i thought maybe it's just that those config settings are player-only, and ignored by active/independent hookers.

Good question. From what I can see in the scripts, only the Player is governed by the Sex Type weights. Theirs is a couple of set motions based on actor sex. Might be something to improve upon in the future?

For players, it's just a general weight on the random number; your example was picking a number from 1 to 20, with 1-10 sex and 11-20 oral. Once a category is chosen, it's a set series of tags being delivered to SexLab based on Sex of both client and player.

5 hours ago, Randy77 said:

this mod working great now, no more crashes during dances 👍, not sure if they should autodance w/o being in auto hoe mode though, would be nice to be able to select tags or animations and hoe them out to citizens pets and horses🤣

I thought the auto-dancing out of "sequence" was part of the v2.3.0 mess-ups. Did you see it in a fresh game of version 2.4.0? If so, I'll look into it a bit deeper for next version.

Fresh game for me, this week. I'm still trying to get my slave empire set up, which I'll use to build the pimping empire. Haven't made it to much hooker testing yet.

Edited by Horred
5 hours ago, libertyordeath said:

Update: 10 hours now. Zero problems.

I noticed something odd however, which i suspect is part of the original TDF and was likely done on purpose: Most of the Companions in Jorrvaskr (living in the meadhall in Whiterun) cannot be clients. The option simply doesn't show up - at least not inside the building. I should mention that i have the Dirty Deeds mod and the werewolf quest active, so that might be interfering.

It's not the guildhall itself. At least two of the Companions (Aela and Farkas) are potential followers, which would block them from Propositioning. Not sure about the others. If you switch on Follower Clients allowed, at least temporarily, you should be able to solicit them. Let me know if that doesn't work.

19 hours ago, Horred said:

For players, it's just a general weight on the random number; your example was picking a number from 1 to 20, with 1-10 sex and 11-20 oral. Once a category is chosen, it's a set series of tags being delivered to SexLab based on Sex of both client and player.

Err wait what? Do you mean it used those weights for NPCs while ignoring the configsettings, or do you mean it would have used the above weights on player proposition?

Because if it's the later, i don't understand how that makes sense: If the MCM settings are "Sex=10, Oral=0, Anal=0", then how would it come up with "1-10=Sex, 11-20=Oral, Anal=Never"? 

Either way: Yes, potential future feature, because i don't think people expect those weights to be player-only. Also please make the weighting more intuitive - either by changing the algo or a more descriptive tooltip. For example, if i were to set "Sex=3, Oral=2, Anal=1", then intuitively i would expect sex to have 50% chance, oral 1/3, and anal 1/6.

Just wanted to express some appreciation for the mod.  I'm playing with increased difficulty and everything was pwning me so I just spent several days in game whoring myself out and building a pimping empire so I have enough Septims to upgrade my equipment so I can finally go adventuring.  This magic sword that took down that dragon was purchased with blood, sweat, and... other fluids lol.

Small bug report, though could be a VR thing.  If I let a dance run to completion, the NPC will t-pose afterwards and be unable to move.  My workaround so far when this happens is to get the NPC a client to start a sex scene which will get them out of t-pose.  I could also ask them to stop dancing before it completes and that works as well.  I'm using FNIS along with Nemesis for creatures so it could be an interaction with those two as well.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:18 PM, libertyordeath said:

Err wait what? Do you mean it used those weights for NPCs while ignoring the configsettings, or do you mean it would have used the above weights on player proposition?

Because if it's the later, i don't understand how that makes sense: If the MCM settings are "Sex=10, Oral=0, Anal=0", then how would it come up with "1-10=Sex, 11-20=Oral, Anal=Never"? 

Either way: Yes, potential future feature, because i don't think people expect those weights to be player-only. Also please make the weighting more intuitive - either by changing the algo or a more descriptive tooltip. For example, if i were to set "Sex=3, Oral=2, Anal=1", then intuitively i would expect sex to have 50% chance, oral 1/3, and anal 1/6.

Misread you. No, shouldn't have played oral in that context. I'll see if something is wrong in the math, for next version.

21 hours ago, kamithemoon said:

Just wanted to express some appreciation for the mod.  I'm playing with increased difficulty and everything was pwning me so I just spent several days in game whoring myself out and building a pimping empire so I have enough Septims to upgrade my equipment so I can finally go adventuring.  This magic sword that took down that dragon was purchased with blood, sweat, and... other fluids lol.

Small bug report, though could be a VR thing.  If I let a dance run to completion, the NPC will t-pose afterwards and be unable to move.  My workaround so far when this happens is to get the NPC a client to start a sex scene which will get them out of t-pose.  I could also ask them to stop dancing before it completes and that works as well.  I'm using FNIS along with Nemesis for creatures so it could be an interaction with those two as well.

That's 99% a VR issue, maybe with both animation workers in, as well? I've never seen this on the PC side, and unfortunately don't have/can't afford VR equipment to test it.

ok so i just tried to use this mod but i can't get the mcm to load when i open my mcm menu the TDF Prostitution thing is there but if i click on it it is just empty does anyone here know how i can fix this? i am trying this on a new save as well by the way so yeah i am a little confused on whats happening.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:10 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

ok so i just tried to use this mod but i can't get the mcm to load when i open my mcm menu the TDF Prostitution thing is there but if i click on it it is just empty does anyone here know how i can fix this? i am trying this on a new save as well by the way so yeah i am a little confused on whats happening.

Just to check, you're using TDF2023 and NOT the Legendary Hookers Plugin of yesteryear? Nor the Pahe-TDF plugin that comes with TDF 2023? I ask because those seem to be the most common causes of this type of issue.

Also check install order. TDF Enhanced should be installed 'after' TDF2023, so it can overwrite a couple 100/so scripts.

Edited by Horred

Very simple feature proposal: Seperate client arousal requirement in MCM for player autoapproach mode.

I could justify this by appealing to "realism" like most people would do (takes more "motivation" for a client to approach, than be approached). But realism has never been a good justification in gamedesign. In fact some of the worst - and ironically most unrealistic - mechanics in mods have been justified by realism.

So here's a more pragmatic justification: So far i never use the autoapproach feature of this mod, because i find it annoying and disruptive (according to murphies law, it will kick in at the worst possible moment). But at the same time, i do find it weird that my char can be standing half-naked near a bunch of men with 99 arousal, and they just stand there saying nothing. No reaction.

Now i could install a bunch of other mods that trigger responses and approaches, but every single one of those mods either: 1. Doesn't allow me to say no. 2. Likewise kicks in randomly when i don't want it. 3. Is buggy or badly designed. 4. Does not compensate my char! Without boring you with a wall of text, let's just say that from an RP perspective, there's no reason my char to have sex for free, unless she's the one taking initiative.

So this got me thinking: "What if i use the autoapproach feature of TDF after all, but set the client arousal requirement really high - like 90 - so it rarely kicks in and only when some NPC is hot as hell? That would solve the above mentioned scenario, still allow my char to say "No!", and i'm getting paid. So i went into the TDF config and checked: Whops, client arousal req is global. Can't set it seperate for player autoapproach. And i don't wanna raise the global, because then it gets really hard to find willing clients.

One potential bug i haven't thought about: If this feature were implemented, then what happens if the player sets autoapproach arousal lower than the global arousal req? Not really sure - just mentioning it so you can think about it.

EDIT: In the long run, i suspect it's probably a good idea to have seperate MCM pages for player prostitution settings and NPC prostitution. Takes out all the confusion about which settings apply to whom, and allows max flexibility in playstyles. So this way you can make the UI easier AND more powerful. That's pretty rare. Normally any addition in complexity automatically makes the interface harder to understand and use. In this case instead, clearly seperated settings for player and NPCs actually would make it easier to navigate and understand.

Edited by libertyordeath

Finally decided to upgrade to TDF2023 from an ancient, but working TDF with TDF Enhanced Prostitution 1_0_3.  I installed, in the following mod loader (left side MO2):

TDF2023

TDF Enhanced Prostituition 2.4

TDF Enhanced NWS Followers 2.4

TDF Enhance Voice BSA 2.4

Started a new game and I'm not seeing recruit dialogues - before there was a dialogue option for any NPC, something like "Would you like to make some money with that body?"  Once an NPC became a follower, the dialogue was "Would you like to make some money for us?  I have the Clients Requred per Hooker set to the default 0.  

I'm wondering if I'm expecting something that doesn't happen automatically with this version?  I'd recruited a follower to see if there were any TDF recruitment dialogues - no change. 

I made one other major change in this playthrough - eliminated the Bijin and Men of Winter NPC replacers in favor of High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0 (All Vanilla NPCs).  That mod is working great.  However, when I first started a new game with that mod and its requirements, but with the old TDF Aggressive Prostitution - v2_2_5_5SE\TDF Independent Prostitutes Legendary SLEN SE combination, there was also no recruitment dialogue.  

I'm sure I'm doing something stupidly wrong.  Any troubleshooting ideas (assuming that I'm just seeing how this mod is supposed to work)?

56 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

I'm sure I'm doing something stupidly wrong.

Did some further research on this issue and found this pretty easily, so I'm doubly stupid.  Sharing it here for others similarly encumbered.  I also never realized you had to have a certain amount of cash since I use Lorkhan and usually stocked up on cash well before testing TDF. 

7 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Did some further research on this issue and found this pretty easily, so I'm doubly stupid.  Sharing it here for others similarly encumbered.  I also never realized you had to have a certain amount of cash since I use Lorkhan and usually stocked up on cash well before testing TDF. 

Thanks for the refrain; helps me as well when it comes up in bug reports next time. ;) 

It will be a few days before I can get back to working on this, main job and a couple side jobs hitting all at once. Everyone needs some 3D art ASAP it seems... But when I do, one of the plans is to add an MCM toggle to allow players to turn this dialog option on/off (by request). Just to confuse this even further... 😈

---I'll have it set to on by default, simply because it's expected behavior on this old mod.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Welcome to the new (hopefully improved) TDF Prostitution! (Still wondering what TDF stands for, after all these years...)

Edited by Horred
1 hour ago, Horred said:

EDIT: Forgot to add: Welcome to the new (hopefully improved) TDF Prostitution! (Still wondering what TDF stands for, after all these years...)

It's the initials of the original author of "Prostitution and Pimping"...TheDriedFinger.

13 hours ago, Horred said:

Welcome to the new (hopefully improved) TDF Prostitution! (Still wondering what TDF stands for, after all these years...)

Loving it so far! 

One bug I think I've run into, I think.  I tried the automatic setting for the PC.  She was approached, agreed to perform and to a price.  The expected behavior, for me at least, was that the next time she spoke to the John, the payment dialogue would appear.  Instead, I got the initial, "would you be willing" dialogue.   Saying yes just lead to the same result.  If she says she's busy, though, the payment dialogue would appear with the next conversation with the John.  

Not really too much of any issue but wondering if I have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks again for your help as I transition.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:24 AM, Dez65 said:

Loving it so far! 

One bug I think I've run into, I think.  I tried the automatic setting for the PC.  She was approached, agreed to perform and to a price.  The expected behavior, for me at least, was that the next time she spoke to the John, the payment dialogue would appear.  Instead, I got the initial, "would you be willing" dialogue.   Saying yes just lead to the same result.  If she says she's busy, though, the payment dialogue would appear with the next conversation with the John.  

Not really too much of any issue but wondering if I have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks again for your help as I transition.

Welcome aboard! This dialog worked the last time I tried it out. I'll be sure to give it a look next time I have time for play (might be a few days yet). Doesn't sound like an installation bug.