SexoutNG - 2.6.81 - 11-Oct-2013

Quick question. I noticed there is a beta version.  Would it be better to stay with the current release and report any wonkiness I find or fix?  Or would it be better to upgrade to beta? I'm trying not to be a nuisance.

I updated to the beta and it seem to be very good so far. Pride usually don't upgrade very often without making sure it won't blow up your computer... lol. You should be safe. That being said If I was in mid game and it worked just fine, I wouldn't upgrade. I would wait until I finished the game first then go back and upgrade so long as there are no game breaking bugs. It just so happens I was working on some things and was upgrading as well.

Use beta if:

- You want to see if a bug you found in release has already been fixed.

- You're a modder that needs a new feature it has.

- You are a helpful person and want to test -- insufficient testing of beta leads to bugs in release.

- You just like to be bleeding edge.

Sexout Shared Resources (SSR) is outdated but is included in case you are using an old mod that hasn't been switched to SCR. I am not aware of any current versions of mods that still need SSR, so you should just untick it from loading in FOMM and ignore it.

Installing the files manually or with anything other than FOMM is strongly discouraged. If something goes wrong, the first thing someone will tell you is to go back and install everything with FOMM to ensure all files are in the right location. If you want to do it on your own, then you're on your own.

Does anybody have the steps to forcing Sexout to play animations? I lost the thread that contained the steps to it. It was in the very first Sexout thread but I dont think that thread is in the archives anymore after some server migration or w/e.

Hopefully Pride knows what Im talking about. I cant continue my work till I get this sorted unfortunately so any help is appreciated.

No thats for modding. The one Im talking about is just a simple way to call animation in-game with actors and force it to play. Its a bunch of console commands that can be put in a bat file and used easily for testing animation pairs or threes. Cant believe I lost such important info.....god fuck damnit.

Looks something like this:

set "1c000dc0".anim to 1403
set "1c019333".actora to getself
set "1c019333".actorb to player
cios 1c0027A8

Installing the files manually or with anything other than FOMM is strongly discouraged. If something goes wrong, the first thing someone will tell you is to go back and install everything with FOMM to ensure all files are in the right location. If you want to do it on your own, then you're on your own.

Very good. Well, might you know why MO ends up throwing an exception when it parses the script? I prefer to use MO over FOMM or NMM given it has a lot more functionality (including profile support). I think of it as the spiritual successor and more up to date version of FOMM. If not, should I ask the developer(s) at Mod Organizer?

Very good. Well, might you know why MO ends up throwing an exception when it parses the script? I prefer to use MO over FOMM or NMM given it has a lot more functionality (including profile support). I think of it as the spiritual successor and more up to date version of FOMM. If not, should I ask the developer(s) at Mod Organizer?

according to the wiki you can use both so long as you open the FOMM through MO.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs.

That wiki seems to have a lot of good info if you still intend to use MO.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what he was referring too was the tutorial pridelsayer made when he first introduced sexout.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14221-sexoutng/page-4?do=findComment&comment=47459

The main page had a direct link to some samples he made to for animators to use sexout animations directly ingame.

There was much more on the main page but most seem to be lost from what i can tell but i think it was in this 200 threads from the orginal sexout.

This one seem to be for 3somes:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14221-sexoutng/page-5?do=findComment&comment=47591

Yup thats the one. Surprised its still here, a forum search turned up nothing last week :-/  I forgot that sexout actually published the full info in the console so I tried to use the load order in FOMM but the one in FOMM does not match the numbers that sexout wants. I assumed that maybe Pride changed the way you force anims in console. I can get back to work now thankfully.

Perhaps when he gets back he can start copy and pasting the wonderful info he puts into these threads (relevant data of course) and place that file into Sexout itself. This way a developer like you beck11 can get some of the info that is needed to do development. Being that it is a .txt or word doc in the Sexout itself it can be updated as he changes form or processes.

EDIT

Holy crap..

I think I just read the script and actually understood what just went on. Went to the second post and understood that as well. :D There might just be some hope for me after-all.