SexoutNG - 2.6.81 - 11-Oct-2013

In that case, I think I'll pull the trigger on Sexout and SCR plus maybe SexoutSex. I'm not into the pregnancy, lust, etc side of things. I'd love to give tryouts a go, but on my last playthrough I made a mess of things. Probably because I started with the beta, then back to stable, then to a later beta. Ad in a mix of SCR stable then beta, SSR, etc. You get the picture. My savegame was so bugged, I just uninstalled FNV and gave it a rest. :)

Generally you can actually do that pretty safely. The problems probably came from the evolving nature of SCR and SSR when used in combination, we knew that was going to cause some level of problems. Going back and forth from betas and such shouldn't cause any issues though -- at least not with Sexout and Tryouts.

Definitely if you do go to a beta of a mod, you will often need to use the sexout beta as well (if there is one) -- and conversely you generally can't use the release non-beta of sexout with betas of different mods. Often what happens is a specific mod beta is released that relies on features in the sexout beta, so rolling back sexout means you have to rollback those mods as well.

Still shouldn't need a clean save though, and that rollback thing is not always the case, just sometimes.

All the mods should make it plain which version of sexoutNG they require, and they should actively be checking the sexout version as well and throwing up warnings (and then stopping) if you have a version that's too old. Not all do, but they all SHOULD. ;)

Anyway, one last question. If I get the latest Sexout, SCR beta, latest tryouts with their respective dependencies, am I safe? Meaning can I complete every quest? I won't install the Fiends or Khans plugins since they were buggy for me last time.

Yes. If all you want is tryouts, you don't need SCR either, though many other sexout mods do require it.

As jaam said.

This will only remove them from the actors involved in the scene that it's cast on, though. If you want to remove/stop all sexout stuff everywhere in the world -- disable sexout in FOMM. It doesn't track all ongoing acts at present, though I think in the future it will.