where is the sexlab framework?

Everytime i go to skyrim sexlab and download the full version I get re-directed to MEGA then I click download and a bunch of files open in 7zip. none of them seem to be the framework itself, what exactly am i supposed to place in the mod manager to get this thing working? I feel like i am missing something super obvious here but can't figure it out and so have been locked out of using loverslab :(

7zip file.PNG

12 minutes ago, kungzow1 said:

Everytime i go to skyrim sexlab and download the full version I get re-directed to MEGA then I click download and a bunch of files open in 7zip. none of them seem to be the framework itself, what exactly am i supposed to place in the mod manager to get this thing working? I feel like i am missing something super obvious here but can't figure it out and so have been locked out of using loverslab :(

7zip file.PNG

ALL OF IT constitutes SexLab Framework. It has ALL those things (in those files) in order for it to work. Go up one level in your browser to where it says SexLabFramework etc. and point your mod manager at that.

Yes, definitely use the one for Special Edition.

Never unzip or try to move individual files into your game/mod manager. You need to whole compressed file, then locate the button to install mods from a local file (every mod manager has one) and you use it to add the contents of said zipped file. Install process after that point is as any other mod, complete the installation and verify the mod/plugins are enabled in your mod manager, sort your loadorder and run any other required tools (for example for Sexlab you need FNIS).

from an entry by @anjenthedog

if you mean the program, google 7-zip

if you're confused about the filename, archive files (mods) usually use the .7z file extension and are usually named something like  somethingoranother.7z

so if you want to install a mod that has been downloaded and saved to a local folder,

1. open vortex
  2. From the left panel, choose "mods"
  3. In the mods panel, look for a button called  Install From File
  4. Click it
  5. Navigate to the locally stored mod file (ie, c:/someplace/I/downloaded/to/whateveritis.7z) and select it
  6. Click OK
  7. Now it will install similarly to when you click the vortex button at a nexus modpage.
  8. Do whatever Vortex say you need to do, wait for Vortex to compile the new configuration and deploy the new configuration, and you're done. 

(Edit: this presumes you've already installed any/all of the dependencies it requires to operate properly