Popular Post xRCx Posted September 13, 2021 Popular Post Posted September 13, 2021 (edited) What is and how to use the Convoy System in "Just Business" to send your captured NPCs to your settlements Be welcome to another “Just Business” tutorial. This time we are going to show the “Convoy System” for those of you who are trying out this awesome mod and do not yet understand how to fully use it. This feature may be tricky to find/understand /use, since it’s relatively new and it is not a “must” in order to send your victims to your settlements or for the mod to work properly. It is more an optional tool. Also, since it needs to follow some steps, it may not be an obvious nor straight forward tool to use. So, enough introduction, let’s get down to business (pun intended). First of all: if you haven’t, you need to check out both sell and capture tutorials first (and of course mod’s description), since this tutorial is written under the assumption that you already know those basic mechanics of the mod, especially the “capture” tutorial, since the Convoy System relapses on it and this tutorial itself is an extension of it. WHAT IS THE CONVOY SYSTEM? It is a way to send or follow your captured NPCs (guarded by up to 4 guards and the Convoy Leader) to one of your settlements minimizing the risk of them to escape, in a way war prisoners are guided in real life. You can follow two paths: since they are following the Convoy Leader to the settlement and not you, you can send them, guided by the Convoy Leader and the guards, to a settlement you previously chose so you can go and continue your adventures while they are on their way, OR you can follow them all the way down, and even capture more NPCs on your way. It’s up to you. But, what makes this tool useful if it isn’t part of the main mechanics and I can do basically the same shit without it?, you may ask. Well, basically, it adds two things: group automatization and immersion. We just covered a bit of the automatization part, but, why immersion? Well, because they are guarded all the way from point A to point B on a straight line (like war prisoners). They are not running like headless chickens behind you, and you don't need to send them on their own, which also ruins immersion. Returning to the automatization, if the settlement they're heading to has empty duties, they will be assigned to them automatically (the whole group until the duties are filled). BUT ALSO, if you have some... ehhmmm... empty "restrictive" stuff at the settlement, they will be assigned automatically to it too (see mod's page for what you need to do before for this feature to work correctly), so, that way, if you let them go on their own, or if you stay with the group, at your arrival to the settlement you are going to see the marvelous way this mod works with that automatization. One last point is that the Convoy Leader and the guards will also continue with their previously assigned duties after they arrive (yes, they can have an assigned duty AND their 2nd job is the convoy. NOTE that this will only work if you send them back to the settlement they were previously assigned to before you called the convoy). HOW CAN I MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN? Ok, ok, everyone calm down, I know it was a long lecture and by this time you may be impatient to know the how, so let’s start the show already, for God's sake! Here’s a step-by-step guide for you to follow in order to squeeze the most juice out of this feature. Remember to read at least the “capture” tutorial first before you continue beyond this point or you’re going to visit a dark place full of doubts, misery, and scary shit, and I know you don’t want that. Ok, first things first. Before you even try to use this tool, you need at least 1 NPC with a submission score of 100, not 100.000001, not 99.999999. Exactly 100. This NPC needs to be assigned to a settlement already. To know his/her submission score, talk to the settler, select “Info” and then “About”. When you have one, as I do, you need to talk to him/her again and assign as Convoy Leader by selecting “About your work…” and “I’m appointing you head of the convoy”. It doesn’t matter if (s)he is assigned to a duty already, (s)he can have a 2nd job as the Convoy Leader and that is not going to end his/her recent duty. If you want to assign some guards to the convoy too (up to 4, all of them need 100 submission points), then this is the time to do so. To assign them, you need to talk to them and select “About your work…” followed by “I assign you a guard…”. This is completely optional as the convoy can work with the Convoy Leader only. Although, I recommend to assign guards as it minimizes any escape attempts. 2 guards will be ok for small groups (6-10) and 4 for larger groups (11 and more). The guards need to be assigned to a settlement already (ideally, the same one as the Convoy Leader for the mod automatization tools to function at full capacity). After that, you can go and continue your game normally, and with that, I mean continue hunting, because that’s why you downloaded this mod, don’t cha? Now that you are finished with your relaxing hunting session, it is time to call it for a day. But wait… you are not going to bed with those 21 recently acquired raiders following you, are you?, unless you are hosting one of those special parties, of course. But if you are not, then it is time to call the convoy through your Pip-Boy via the Slave Control System holotape. (Note: the holotape is automatically added to your Pip-Boy when you download the mod. If it happens that you can't see it: go to the "Just Business" MCM menu, select "Debug and Other" and clic "Update". Return to game and you should see a notification top left. Now, open your Pip-Boy > Misc > Sup!, I'm the holotape and you should see me here now). You are going to see that a quest starts, and the convoy will begin its way to your location (which you can follow through the map by activating the quest). You don’t need to stay at the same place if you don’t want to, waiting for them to arrive. The convoy will change its destination to reach you if you move. After their arrival, the Convoy Leader will talk to you automatically. Select the “Expect guidance” option. Note: If your patience is below 0 and/or your PC needs to rush to the next mission because time is priceless, then you can previously assign a fast travel for the convoy at the MCM options (right at the “Convoy Settings” option). After that, the convoy will wait on its place. Now it’s time to talk to your captured NPCs (1 by 1) to assign them to their new life full of hard work without payment (just like any marketing startup agency) cof … I mean… to assign them to the convoy. When you talk to them, you’ll find a new dialogue that says "You will go under escort”. Select it. Once you have assigned all your captured NPCs to the convoy, then you need to talk again to the Convoy Leader and tell him/her to go to the settlement of your preference by selecting the “Go to your destination” option, aaaand you’re finally done. Piece of cake, right? Remember: if you send the convoy to another settlement that is not the one it came from, they will lose their previously assigned duties (their main job other than the convoy) automatically. Here's an example of the Convoy at work. You can see the Convoy Leader (front of the line), 2 guards (sides) and the prisoners in between. Also, as you can see, the prisoners are following them and not you, giving you the chance to go somewhere else or catch more prisoners on your way to the settlement. Be aware that if you encounter enemies on your way, the prisoners and the Convoy are going to attack them, meaning that the formation will be disbanded. After the enemies are killed, the Convoy will return to formation and continue their way as before. C'mon, you talk too much!! Let’s finish already!! Ok, ok, jeez… Last but not least, none of this stuff is going to work if you don’t have at least the 0.7.5 version of the mod, but I’m absolutely and completely sure you took care of that before reading all this bible chapter instead of trying to use the convoy feature with the wrong version and then rage in the support section, RIGHT? O.o Enjoy and thanks for reading! Special thanks to ignotum_virum for this great mod, and to SlaveHunter311 for the "Sell" and "Capture" tutorials and the great chat. Edited June 2, 2022 by xRCx 25
murf Posted September 14, 2021 Posted September 14, 2021 Interesting. Thanks for the detailed examples.
SlaveHunter311 Posted September 14, 2021 Posted September 14, 2021 Good Job xRCx! I am glad to see some one else is out there hunting women and forcing them to work naked. Your a man after my own heart. It makes me want to start playing again. Which I probably will now. Anyway here are links to my 2 tutorials. I will include a link to yours in both of mine now. 1
xtions Posted September 20, 2021 Posted September 20, 2021 I am very much enjoying the mod. I would like to use the convoy function, but after following the steps listed above, I do not have the "call convoy" option in the pipboy. I'm sure I must have missed something, but I can't figure out what. Any help is appreciated.
xRCx Posted September 23, 2021 Author Posted September 23, 2021 (edited) On 9/20/2021 at 6:19 PM, xtions said: I am very much enjoying the mod. I would like to use the convoy function, but after following the steps listed above, I do not have the "call convoy" option in the pipboy. I'm sure I must have missed something, but I can't figure out what. Any help is appreciated. 'ight, let's see if any of these questions give us the answer for your problem: 1. Did you assign a Convoy Leader? 2. Is the Convoy Leader assigned to a settlement already? 3. Do you have in your pip-boy's inventory the "Slave Control System" holotape? 4. Did you try to call the convoy before capturing any raider/gunner/etc.? 5. If you already captured some NPCs, are they following you when you try to call the convoy? Edited September 23, 2021 by xRCx
xtions Posted September 23, 2021 Posted September 23, 2021 12 hours ago, xRCx said: 'ight, let's see if any of these questions give us the answer for your problem: 1. Did you assign a Convoy Leader? 2. Is the Convoy Leader assigned to a settlement already? 3. Do you have in your pip-boy's inventory the "Slave Control System" holotape? 4. Did you try to call the convoy before capturing any raider/gunner/etc.? 5. If you already captured some NPCs, are they following you when you try to call the convoy? Thank you for responding. Yes, to all of the above.
xRCx Posted September 24, 2021 Author Posted September 24, 2021 6 hours ago, xtions said: Thank you for responding. Yes, to all of the above. Ok. Given the case of 'yes' to all of the above, the problem should be the number 4, try asking for the convoy once you have captured some NPCs. If that doesn't solve the problem, it leads me to a couple of new questions: Is the holotape displaying any info in your pip-boy's screen at all or do you have a black screen? When you select the holotape, your PC introduces it or there's no animation at all?
xtions Posted September 26, 2021 Posted September 26, 2021 (edited) On 9/23/2021 at 7:11 PM, xRCx said: Ok. Given the case of 'yes' to all of the above, the problem should be the number 4, try asking for the convoy once you have captured some NPCs. If that doesn't solve the problem, it leads me to a couple of new questions: Is the holotape displaying any info in your pip-boy's screen at all or do you have a black screen? When you select the holotape, your PC introduces it or there's no animation at all? When I opened the tape, there was the option to do something, not remembering what it was right now, but the call convoy option was not there. For now, I have moved over to using the "Human Resources" mod. I appreciate your help, but the other mod is a better fit. I suspect one of the other 120 mods I have loaded may have been affecting yours. Edited September 26, 2021 by xtions 1
Fallout4Shepard Posted December 3, 2021 Posted December 3, 2021 Really, many thanks for the guide, simple and clear. However I can't leave without to ask: next time use a bigger or more rounded text style please. I don't know what is the screen resolution that people uses arround, but for me was a bit... pain on eyes. Hope don't offense, just an honest request.
xRCx Posted February 3, 2022 Author Posted February 3, 2022 On 12/3/2021 at 5:12 PM, Fallout4Shepard said: Really, many thanks for the guide, simple and clear. However I can't leave without to ask: next time use a bigger or more rounded text style please. I don't know what is the screen resolution that people uses arround, but for me was a bit... pain on eyes. Hope don't offense, just an honest request. Nah, no worries, non taken. Yeah, the problem is that I use a pretty goddamn big screen for my pc, so, even the smaller fonts look big enough, that's why i usually err with the font size, but I promise next time I'm gonna leave the default font when writting. If you have problems reading the tutorial, you can zoom in if you want to. If you are on laptop, just use the pad same as with your smartphone when you try to zoom in/out. If you are on desktop, just press ctrl+mouse wheel (or maybe don't since i'm looking that your message was 2 months ago, sorry for the late response). Thanks for your feedback!
SlaveHunter311 Posted February 5, 2022 Posted February 5, 2022 (edited) On 2/2/2022 at 11:01 PM, xRCx said: Nah, no worries, non taken. Yeah, the problem is that I use a pretty goddamn big screen for my pc, so, even the smaller fonts look big enough, that's why i usually err with the font size, but I promise next time I'm gonna leave the default font when writting. If you have problems reading the tutorial, you can zoom in if you want to. If you are on laptop, just use the pad same as with your smartphone when you try to zoom in/out. If you are on desktop, just press ctrl+mouse wheel (or maybe don't since i'm looking that your message was 2 months ago, sorry for the late response). Thanks for your feedback! Why not just edit the post? You can resize the font if you really want to. It's under those three dots at the top blue bar on the right side of the screen. Just left click and scroll down to edit. I edit my posts constantly before they are done. Edited February 5, 2022 by SlaveHunter311
crest1425 Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 I'm sure I've probably just read over the solution to my problem however I can't seem to find it so figure I'd just ask. How do you get the slave holotape? It's not in my inventory and idk if you have to pick it up or if it's auto placed in inven. Any help is appreciated
SlaveHunter311 Posted February 26, 2022 Posted February 26, 2022 (edited) On 2/14/2022 at 7:51 AM, crest1425 said: I'm sure I've probably just read over the solution to my problem however I can't seem to find it so figure I'd just ask. How do you get the slave holotape? It's not in my inventory and idk if you have to pick it up or if it's auto placed in inven. Any help is appreciated Fortunately, it is fairly easy to find the "Slavery Controle System," even though it is not self-explanatory. First hit pause and scroll to the "Mod Configuration Menu." Next, scroll to "Just Business." Next, scroll to "Debug and Other." In that menu pick the "Update" option. Leave the "Mod Configuration Menu." You will get a prompt telling you whether "Just Business" was updated or not. More importantly, the "Slavery Controle System" will be inserted into your inventory. No explanation, no expectation for it. Just be glad you can get it. Open your Pipboy to check your inventory. You will find a cassette tape labeled "Slavery Controle System" in your "MISC" inventory space. You can use it with your Pipboy, although to open its full functionality insert it into a terminal. Pretty simple if you know what to do right? Sorry if the pictures were a bit dark but I think they get the point a crossed. Edited February 26, 2022 by SlaveHunter311
xRCx Posted March 4, 2022 Author Posted March 4, 2022 On 2/4/2022 at 10:13 PM, SlaveHunter311 said: Why not just edit the post? You can resize the font if you really want to. It's under those three dots at the top blue bar on the right side of the screen. Just left click and scroll down to edit. I edit my posts constantly before they are done. Ohh cool, good to know. Thanks for the info. I'm a bit swamped with life stuff right now, but I will at the first chance. Sorry for the late response. Also, thanks for the help answering questions, really appreciate it. 1
Two Bucks Posted April 25, 2022 Posted April 25, 2022 any chance of getting them to go to nuka world? only place i can sell them. theres the mod that turns the Marina into a slave hub but it caused to many issues for me.
xRCx Posted May 7, 2022 Author Posted May 7, 2022 On 4/25/2022 at 1:22 AM, Two Bucks said: any chance of getting them to go to nuka world? only place i can sell them. theres the mod that turns the Marina into a slave hub but it caused to many issues for me. iirc is not possible, just inside the commonwealth. If that mod you say has that place flagged as a settlement, you can see if it appears when you tell to the convoy leader to go to their destination. If it doesn't, then unfortunately is not possible.
Anonym0us2DF1CD Posted June 15, 2022 Posted June 15, 2022 On 2/25/2022 at 10:01 PM, SlaveHunter311 said: Fortunately, it is fairly easy to find the "Slavery Controle System," even though it is not self-explanatory. First hit pause and scroll to the "Mod Configuration Menu." Next, scroll to "Just Business." Next, scroll to "Debug and Other." In that menu pick the "Update" option. Leave the "Mod Configuration Menu." You will get a prompt telling you whether "Just Business" was updated or not. More importantly, the "Slavery Controle System" will be inserted into your inventory. No explanation, no expectation for it. Just be glad you can get it. Open your Pipboy to check your inventory. You will find a cassette tape labeled "Slavery Controle System" in your "MISC" inventory space. You can use it with your Pipboy, although to open its full functionality insert it into a terminal. Pretty simple if you know what to do right? Sorry if the pictures were a bit dark but I think they get the point a crossed. Wait, how did you get the other submenus for the mod (like "Slaves Settings" and "Convoy Settings") in MCM? Is there some extra mod involved or something? Is there something I missed?
xRCx Posted June 22, 2022 Author Posted June 22, 2022 On 6/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, Anonym0us2DF1CD said: Wait, how did you get the other submenus for the mod (like "Slaves Settings" and "Convoy Settings") in MCM? Is there some extra mod involved or something? Is there something I missed? Not at all. Just click where it says "Just Business" and the submenus will appear
Anonym0us2DF1CD Posted June 23, 2022 Posted June 23, 2022 On 6/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, xRCx said: Not at all. Just click where it says "Just Business" and the submenus will appear I clicked, there is nothing there, just "Count for Population", "Slaves Tracking", and "On/Off Hunter Mode"
xRCx Posted June 28, 2022 Author Posted June 28, 2022 On 6/23/2022 at 3:57 PM, Anonym0us2DF1CD said: I clicked, there is nothing there, just "Count for Population", "Slaves Tracking", and "On/Off Hunter Mode" Ok, I see. Then it should be because of the version you have installed. For those submenus to appear as you see them, you need to have the version 0.7.5 of the mod. Aside of that, no other thing is required, just the MCM mod that you already have.
tecckblade Posted January 9, 2023 Posted January 9, 2023 if the convoy leader dies how do u appoint a new one ?
xRCx Posted January 10, 2023 Author Posted January 10, 2023 On 1/8/2023 at 9:30 PM, tecckblade said: if the convoy leader dies how do u appoint a new one ? The same way you appointed the first one, just be sure the new one fulfill the requirements
tecckblade Posted January 10, 2023 Posted January 10, 2023 1 hour ago, xRCx said: The same way you appointed the first one, just be sure the new one fulfill the requirements that was not working, the issue is I had/have crime and punishment and my character had Mole rat disease and it kept killing my settlers. It killed my Convoy leader and it still registered as being alive but was 1000% dead, SO I solved it by, turning off the mod in mo2 starting the game saving without JB then going back to mo2 and starting JB over... yea it sucks that I lost all the guards and the few slaves I had but it fixed it I can now create a new convoy leader, just got to put these bastards on some upside drown crosses for a few hours to make them compliant...BUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. but on a real note if anyone knows of another way other than deactivating everything i am sure it will help someone with that issue. it was sort of a mod conflict with crime and punishment, 1
goDnroHdeZ Posted October 4, 2024 Posted October 4, 2024 I know this mod is kinda old news. But does anyone else know a fix to the scenes not loading after dialogue? I have everything installed and I think they might just be outdated but thought id try here before uninstalling everything...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now