I am having a strange issue, when using the normal 2.0 version, the MCM menu shows up but in game i get no widgets and the options in the MCM are greyed out. When using the 2.02 version you uploaded here the widgets show up in game but there is no MCM menu at all. The compass at the top of the screen also disappears.

Yeah, you are right.

Started new save again, everything seems to work fine now. I guess after version 2.0 refused to work I tried version 1 and accidentally saved over without thinking. 2.02 seems to work fine on a fresh save.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: It feels like SL Widgets having trouble working together with Conditional Expressions, or vice versa. SL Widgets MCM didn't load, and the same goes for Conditional Expressions, although the Widgets are displayed on the screen. And often than not, when I launch the game and try to load save with SL Widgets 2.02 installed in it, the game crashes on load on black screen: loading screen is done, but the game crashes right after it. This time it's version 2.02, I re-checked with fresh save several times to make sure. Save launches fine if Conditional Expressions was not installed, but there are still issues with MCM not loading.

Edited by dadgs
On 12/11/2021 at 11:58 PM, dadgs said:

Edit: It feels like SL Widgets having trouble working together with Conditional Expressions, or vice versa. SL Widgets MCM didn't load, and the same goes for Conditional Expressions, although the Widgets are displayed on the screen. And often than not, when I launch the game and try to load save with SL Widgets 2.02 installed in it, the game crashes on load on black screen: loading screen is done, but the game crashes right after it. This time it's version 2.02, I re-checked with fresh save several times to make sure. Save launches fine if Conditional Expressions was not installed, but there are still issues with MCM not loading.

after 2 hours of troubleshooting i come here and you have the answer, this mod 100% has issues with Conditional Expressions Extended, which is weird considering the author of this mod worked on both (i dont know if Conditional Expressions without the extended patch would have issues too, i'm too tired to keep troubleshooting now)

disabling CEE the widgets start loading and working perfectly, i feel like the save corruption i had while testing my game before might even be related to this too

4 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

after 2 hours of troubleshooting i come here and you have the answer, this mod 100% has issues with Conditional Expressions Extended, which is weird considering the author of this mod worked on both (i dont know if Conditional Expressions without the extended patch would have issues too, i'm too tired to keep troubleshooting now)

disabling CEE the widgets start loading and working perfectly, i feel like the save corruption i had while testing my game before might even be related to this too

I use them together in 2 mod lists. Cee has strict installation instructions. If you don't follow them it'll crash(specifically if you install in a save with already running ce) 

10 hours ago, crajjjj said:

I use them together in 2 mod lists. Cee has strict installation instructions. If you don't follow them it'll crash(specifically if you install in a save with already running ce) 

i'm starting a new playthrough, so yeah it is a new game

maybe the combination of these 2 mods + another unknown one is making everything fall apart? i have a shit ton of mods so it could be anything (modlist down bellow)

edit: after further testing it might be a issue with the ESL version of iWant Widgets? trying the ESP with a esl flag version things seem to be worked fine now even with CEE and SL Widgets installed... weeeeeird 

edit2: nope just a fluke, it works some times, and some it doesn't when it doesn't want to

modlist.txt

Edited by 2Dimm
On 12/14/2021 at 6:56 AM, sirgilly said:

This is a great mod, love the concept and when it works it’s great. It’s just a shame that there seems to be something unreliable in the updates. It appears to simply stop and no longer update widgets. Not sure why.

Thought about giving some feedback again and yeah, basically this ^

I started a completely new game without updating or changing anything about SL Widgets (loadorder etc). Still the MCM doesn't show up for me, but like I mentioned in previous comments it doesn't has to as long as the Widgets work, what they do... mostly.

Sometimes they just seem to stop updating, perhaps in conjunction with reloading the MCM list (as I mentioned before I'm using the SkyUI Resort patch that got a built in reload option, tho I'd assume it's similar or the same as the SKI_ConfigManagerInstance command). If this problem occurs (unfortunately no clear indicator except for manually checking Arousal and seeing no proper representation for its current value in the widgets) it will also persist for any following saves for me.

I'm also not really experiencing any script-lag that might affect the update procedure of the widgets, it just seems to happen out-of-nowhere by times (for me). I think the MCM reloading got a "good" chance to cause it, but it also happened without doing anything before.

Unrelated to the updating issue: Back then when we were exchanging messages in this thread you asked if I had any ideas or suggestion to tackle the MCM issue. I really don't know if it could be even remotely help and if it's worth the shot at all (you obviously know more about your own code and except for changing a few lines I didn't work with papyrus scripts yet myself) but maybe an implementation of the MCM by using MCM Helper could help for people where the MCM never shows up (or if it does, it doesn't function as intended).
I don't know if there's any real difference of the Initialization of your MCM and any menu created with MCM Helper assets, I just noticed that a mod I added to my setup today loaded flawlessly and its using said Helper.

I don't expect you to give it a try at all, like I said as I don't even know if it could make a difference, but yeah... thought I'd mention it if I'm writing in here again anyway^^

Dear @crajjjj,

I really like this mod but it really doesn't like me.

SE(last pre AE version), SexLab 1.63 (latest), new game: Version 2.0 loads its MCM menu fine, but states that IWant Status Bars is not ready and no icons show.

They are IWantWidgets.esl > iWantStatusBars.esp > SLWidgets.esp ordered, as per instructions earlier in this thread.

iWantWidgets is esl named but MO2 shows no info about this, iWantStatusBars is esl flagged esp, as is SLWidgets.

I am also using your Conditional Expressions Extended.

1.1.0 worked apart from being unable to activate preganancy toggle but I don't really want to go back to it without exhausting 2.0's chances.

Included: load order, modlist, papyruslog.0

I know that you are concentrating on CEE right now but if this helps you half as much as it helps me then we hopefully both win.

Thank you again for the work you've done and how it has improved my Skyrim experience.

loadorder.txt modlist.txt Papyrus.0.log

1 hour ago, ethethetheth said:

Dear @crajjjj,

I really like this mod but it really doesn't like me.

SE(last pre AE version), SexLab 1.63 (latest), new game: Version 2.0 loads its MCM menu fine, but states that IWant Status Bars is not ready and no icons show.

They are IWantWidgets.esl > iWantStatusBars.esp > SLWidgets.esp ordered, as per instructions earlier in this thread.

iWantWidgets is esl named but MO2 shows no info about this, iWantStatusBars is esl flagged esp, as is SLWidgets.

I am also using your Conditional Expressions Extended.

1.1.0 worked apart from being unable to activate preganancy toggle but I don't really want to go back to it without exhausting 2.0's chances.

Included: load order, modlist, papyruslog.0

I know that you are concentrating on CEE right now but if this helps you half as much as it helps me then we hopefully both win.

Thank you again for the work you've done and how it has improved my Skyrim experience.

loadorder.txt 11.33 kB · 0 downloads modlist.txt 19.33 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 253.13 kB · 0 downloads

There are lots of errors in the log file. Make sure you are starting a new game. Also use slwidgets v2.0.2. You can't switch slwidgets 1->2 midgame. If you've installed correctly no errors should be there. 

P. S. Babo dialogue is quite script heavy. If previous points do not help try to play around with load order. 

29 minutes ago, crajjjj said:

There are lots of errors in the log file. Make sure you are starting a new game. Also use slwidgets v2.0.2. You can't switch slwidgets 1->2 midgame. If you've installed correctly no errors should be there. 

P. S. Babo dialogue is quite script heavy. If previous points do not help try to play around with load order. 

Thanks for the speedy and helpful reply. It was a new game but I don't know if I effectively cleaned out 1.1 before the upgrade. I'll eyeball the archives (extracted just to temp folders outside MO2) for 1.1 and 2.0 for creation dates and check against files in my MO2 folder to make sure. I'll also install the 2.0.2 you posted earlier to see how that goes. Thanks again.

Edit: scratch what I wrote about creation dates. I wasn't helping myself or anybody else with that blather. Installing now.

Edited by ethethetheth
Forgot how Windows and archives work.

Dear @crajjjj,

I'm back, and sorry to be a bother.

v2.0.2 picked up iWantStatusBars fine now, but - also now - no icons seem to exist for it to display.

iWant Status Bars - Bars tab

Spoiler

iWantStatusBars_bars_screeny.jpg.2b1c010045ffac0d9614c7e57262b541.jpg

SLWidgets General tab

Spoiler

SLWidgets_general_screeny.jpg.8fbc0488b75b6945da72537a08d7d962.jpg

I moved out my old mods\logs and config files\SKSE\Plugins\FISS\iWant\iWantStatusBars\settings.xml and replaced it with a blank one you offered to an earlier poster in case that was also causing problems or was going to be posited as a solution (hopefully to save your time) but there was no difference so I returned it to where it was.

Clicking enable/disable in SLWidgets debug tab makes it quickly flicker and then say it is enabling with no change in the result. it has never said it is disabling. I am waiting between these actions in order not to spam the mod.

I'm a little further forward but stumped again...

Edit: I did a replace, not a merge in MO2. Could that be where I've gone wrong?

Edited by ethethetheth
thought of another possible cause.
On 12/19/2021 at 11:00 AM, ethethetheth said:

Dear @crajjjj,

I'm back, and sorry to be a bother.

v2.0.2 picked up iWantStatusBars fine now, but - also now - no icons seem to exist for it to display.

iWant Status Bars - Bars tab

Reveal hidden contents

iWantStatusBars_bars_screeny.jpg.2b1c010045ffac0d9614c7e57262b541.jpg

SLWidgets General tab

Reveal hidden contents

SLWidgets_general_screeny.jpg.8fbc0488b75b6945da72537a08d7d962.jpg

I moved out my old mods\logs and config files\SKSE\Plugins\FISS\iWant\iWantStatusBars\settings.xml and replaced it with a blank one you offered to an earlier poster in case that was also causing problems or was going to be posited as a solution (hopefully to save your time) but there was no difference so I returned it to where it was.

Clicking enable/disable in SLWidgets debug tab makes it quickly flicker and then say it is enabling with no change in the result. it has never said it is disabling. I am waiting between these actions in order not to spam the mod.

I'm a little further forward but stumped again...

Edit: I did a replace, not a merge in MO2. Could that be where I've gone wrong?

I am having the same issue exactly - before 2.0.2 it showed status bars not ready, with 2.0.2 it says ready but has no available icons, changes to update interval does nothing, mod permanently says "disabled" on mcm

EDIT: Seems like it is Apropos? I removed that and things work now. Maybe I had a bad version.

Edited by DayTri
New info
On 12/14/2021 at 6:56 AM, sirgilly said:

This is a great mod, love the concept and when it works it’s great. It’s just a shame that there seems to be something unreliable in the updates. It appears to simply stop and no longer update widgets. Not sure why.

That's super weird - any data on that? Did you try enable disable to reregister them in iBars?

10 minutes ago, crajjjj said:

That's super weird - any data on that? Did you try enable disable to reregister them in iBars?

I couldn’t resolve in game, but I have found it rights itself on reload. Maybe I am running too many scripts and once it is put off it doesn’t get going again. As long as I am doing plays in shorter bursts or not doing lots of events it works fine.

11 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

I couldn’t resolve in game, but I have found it rights itself on reload. Maybe I am running too many scripts and once it is put off it doesn’t get going again. As long as I am doing plays in shorter bursts or not doing lots of events it works fine.

24 minutes ago, crajjjj said:

I wonder if there could be some problem caused by a soft dependency shared by both conditional expressions and SLWidgets, causing them both to break if used together without the soft dependencies? Both SLWidgets and conditional expressions MCM menus disappeared mid-save for me and seem to work sporadically, which is weird since no other mod has that problem.

Crajjjj which of the SLWidgets dependencies do you play with in your game?

9 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

Seems like an ibars issue https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8743463-iwant-status-bars/page-10#entry98998218

I was having similar issues after adding babo dialogue. In general I'd stick to mods that are battle tested in wabbajack lists

And for long runs avoid adding heavy mods.

11 minutes ago, DayTri said:

I wonder if there could be some problem caused by a soft dependency shared by both conditional expressions and SLWidgets, causing them both to break if used together without the soft dependencies? Both SLWidgets and conditional expressions MCM menus disappeared mid-save for me and seem to work sporadically, which is weird since no other mod has that problem.

Crajjjj which of the SLWidgets dependencies do you play with in your game?

Check out tsukiro/licentia mod lists - using them as a base
I play with - fhu/apropos/FM+. Was playing D&DDC for a while but now it's gone for good.

Hi @crajjjj.

Thank you for the update. 

I kinda expected it already, but yeah, the issues I mentioned remain.
When I started the game and loaded my most recent save it immediately showed the MCM initialization message and after refreshing the MCM its MCM did show up. However as you can see in the attached screenshots the toggles remain greyed out, although the dependency check appears to be run successfully.

After updating the previously working Widgets stopped working too (this might not be related to the update though, as the issue might have occured earlier and was just "baked" into the following savegames).
Just like the previous version (and on new games) the mod follows the simple but frustrating equation of "MCM Working = Widgets not working" (they work fine most of the time as long as the MCM doesn't show up)

I did not try the Debug options yet in this version, but since the other behaviour is the same I'd suppose the toggles won't work in my case again.

In your updated Troubleshoot Section you mention BaboDialgoue causing (different) issues. Do you think it could be causing the issues I'm experiencing too? I wouldn't call my setup light on the scriptload but it's certainly not very heavy either as I don't experience script lags that would indicate so.

You also mention hud mods causing issues, but I'd assume that's not a part of the issue in my case since the widget display is working fine (as long as the MCM is not active)?

I'd like to check the SLWidget userlogs, but apparently the latest one was created on December 22 so it seems like they aren't generated as they should either (perhaps because the MCM isn't active in my game most of the time?)

EDIT:

Tried it again with an older savegame where the widget update was definitely fine. 
Init message didn't show up this time, MCM is missing after the refresh too but Widgets (and updates) are still working.

Restarted the game and tried again with the same save.
This time the init message appeared again, MCM shows up, everything still greyed out, Widgets (and updates) stop working.

Additional Edit:
Removed Babo Dialogue, saved game (Widgets working) then installed latest version of your mod. Init message showed up, MCM appears, toggles are still not toggleable and widgets aren't working anymore.

ScreenShot149.png

ScreenShot148.png

ScreenShot147.png

Edited by HannoJojo