I think I've found where I failed. There is an installer option for esl-tagged esp for iWidgets, which states that one should remove .esl plugin for the list, and I failed at noticing that. So, if someone else has similar issue I guess they've also done that.

1 minute ago, DREAMWINGMUSIC said:

Problem solved. 
"BeeingFemale 2.8.1 Patch V14d 14/09/2019" is not supported in SL Widgets. Uninstalling it, widgets shown correctly. hope it helps other player

There was a similar issue before. Try to move being female below slwidgets in the load order. There are no direct code dependencies to beingfemale. Seems like it messes up mcm initialization somehow. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aria1989 said:

help the sheeps invade the skyrim how do i stop appearing in the screen i press no icon or purge in the iwant status bar but nothig seems to stop them from  reappearing 686567095_SkyrimSpecialEdition15_11_20216_08_39.png.649d67c8ef384c6dd5f62ff443b78cc0.png

you've installed examples from iwantstatus bars. Run that fomod again 

On 10/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, DREAMWINGMUSIC said:

I use LE ver.
ALL toggle options and widget show options are not valid, although hard-dependency is cleared.

20211025013318_1.jpg.60128203c4f62ba49ade3f17e234c9fd.jpg

I'm having the same issue on SE.

Widgets appear, but don't seem to update to the actual status, and nothing in SLWidgets MCM is working. All toggles are grey, and disable/enable does nothing when clicked.

It shows iWant Status Bars as not found, although that mod is definitely working and load order is as described a couple pages back. iWant Widgets > Status Bars > SLWidgets.

Tested on new game.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, Ukelule said:

I'm having the same issue on SE.

Widgets appear, but don't seem to update to the actual status, and nothing in SLWidgets MCM is working. All toggles are grey, and disable/enable does nothing when clicked.

It shows iWant Status Bars as not found, although that mod is definitely working and load order is as described a couple pages back. iWant Widgets > Status Bars > SLWidgets.

Tested on new game.

dependency check toggles are for information - they just show status.

enable/disable works when you exit the mcm menu. Don't spam it

on your screenshot bars is saying OK

Hello, first of all thank you for your mod, however I keep having issues with it.

I (somewhat) recently started a new savegame, however the MCM menu keeps missing. I already tried using the modified script you posted in this thread as well as changing the load order (plugins & MO2 order) to no avail.

What's bothering me even more though, is that the Widgets are drawn fine and area actually displaying stuff, but only ever get updated after loading a savegame (so no live-updates).
So if I load a game where my character is at 100 arousal it would correctly display that value in the widget, but even after "releasing" it several times it keeps stuck in that state. (same for the other widgets, just using this as an example)

I don't necessarily need the MCM to show up since I don't intend to change any of the toggles as long as its working, but as you might guess the missing update is rendering it kinda useless.

On a sidenote, in my previous save it was working fine (MCM & update) and the loadorder did not change much (mostly removed unused plugins or stuff that caused more problems than fun). 

Is there anything I could try to get it working properly or am I missing something obvious?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

2 hours ago, HannoJojo said:

Hello, first of all thank you for your mod, however I keep having issues with it.

I (somewhat) recently started a new savegame, however the MCM menu keeps missing. I already tried using the modified script you posted in this thread as well as changing the load order (plugins & MO2 order) to no avail.

What's bothering me even more though, is that the Widgets are drawn fine and area actually displaying stuff, but only ever get updated after loading a savegame (so no live-updates).
So if I load a game where my character is at 100 arousal it would correctly display that value in the widget, but even after "releasing" it several times it keeps stuck in that state. (same for the other widgets, just using this as an example)

I don't necessarily need the MCM to show up since I don't intend to change any of the toggles as long as its working, but as you might guess the missing update is rendering it kinda useless.

On a sidenote, in my previous save it was working fine (MCM & update) and the loadorder did not change much (mostly removed unused plugins or stuff that caused more problems than fun). 

Is there anything I could try to get it working properly or am I missing something obvious?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Thx for the feedback. 

Here is a thread about mcm issues :

https://sites.google.com/site/bettervampires/faq/mcm-doesn-t-show

It works for me and 99% of users fine but maybe relying on mcm init calls is a bad idea. 

I'll look into how to omit any crucial initialization in the MCM init.

Maybe that's the reason mods have install button in mcm to activate later... 

Try this patch release pls. MCM init code moved to quest scripts.

SLWidgets 2.0.2 (SE).zip

Edited by crajjjj
6 hours ago, crajjjj said:

Thx for the feedback. 

Here is a thread about mcm issues :

https://sites.google.com/site/bettervampires/faq/mcm-doesn-t-show

It works for me and 99% of users fine but maybe relying on mcm init calls is a bad idea. 

I'll look into how to omit any crucial initialization in the MCM init.

Maybe that's the reason mods have install button in mcm to activate later... 

Try this patch release pls. MCM init code moved to quest scripts.

SLWidgets 2.0.2 (SE).zip 370.12 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for the quick reply.

Since I'm using alot mods featuring a MCM I'm (unluckily) fairly experienced with certain menus not showing up and I know about the common fixing attempts. What I forgot to mention now that I think of it is that I'm using Skyui Resort to replace the default MCM, so perhaps this changes something that interferes with your MCM creation / init?

So if the MCM is going to work properly the "live-update" issue should be resolved as well?

I'll report back if the patch you provided helped to resolve the issue. Probably going to get at it in roughly an hour.

*EDIT*
Got around testing it. The updating of the icons seemed to work fine (only tested arousal related ones), the MCM is still missing.
I'll check what happens if I start a new game with the current setup + the patch later on, as soon as I got time for it.

*EDIT2*
In a new game it still doesn't show up for me, but apart from that its working properly too.

*EDIT3*

Starting a "new game" by using "coc qasmoke" in the mainmenu did actually initialize it. The successful initilization was even the first notification to show up. To start a new "normal" game I'm using AS-LAL, but idk if that's of any importance since I'd think that it's used by quite alot of people which would result in more reports about this issue if its directly connected.
When I tried again it didn't show up again though.

Edited by HannoJojo
Added information
7 hours ago, HannoJojo said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Since I'm using alot mods featuring a MCM I'm (unluckily) fairly experienced with certain menus not showing up and I know about the common fixing attempts. What I forgot to mention now that I think of it is that I'm using Skyui Resort to replace the default MCM, so perhaps this changes something that interferes with your MCM creation / init?

So if the MCM is going to work properly the "live-update" issue should be resolved as well?

I'll report back if the patch you provided helped to resolve the issue. Probably going to get at it in roughly an hour.

*EDIT*
Got around testing it. The updating of the icons seemed to work fine (only tested arousal related ones), the MCM is still missing.
I'll check what happens if I start a new game with the current setup + the patch later on, as soon as I got time for it.

*EDIT2*
In a new game it still doesn't show up for me, but apart from that its working properly too.

*EDIT3*

Starting a "new game" by using "coc qasmoke" in the mainmenu did actually initialize it. The successful initilization was even the first notification to show up. To start a new "normal" game I'm using AS-LAL, but idk if that's of any importance since I'd think that it's used by quite alot of people which would result in more reports about this issue if its directly connected.
When I tried again it didn't show up again though.

Thanks a lot for testing

Just did two quick tests of 2.0.2 on dnddc list - both went ok.

At this point I don't know how it can be improved - the init is as minimalistic as in 1.1.0

If you have any suggestions - I'm always open to them.

14 hours ago, crajjjj said:

Thanks a lot for testing

Just did two quick tests of 2.0.2 on dnddc list - both went ok.

At this point I don't know how it can be improved - the init is as minimalistic as in 1.1.0

If you have any suggestions - I'm always open to them.

Since another mod is making some unforseen problems and the save is fairly fresh I'll probably start a new game anyway, so I'll check again if the menu shows up. As I said in my initial post I'm fine with the MCM not showing as long as the display works as intended, but the whole situation is quite puzzling.
I mean as my (small round of) tests showed it is actually able to initialize as intended, but the next time using the exact same steps it didn't...

I also don't think that it has to be improved, theres probably just one small thing screwing things up with my modlist. However thanks to SKSE plugins and .esl it's fairly extensive and tracking the issue time-consuming.

As for a suggestion.. I'm absolutely not a fan of configuration spells / books, but perhaps that could be used as a dirty workaround (perhaps as a separate patch / version) until a probable cause for the issues that some ppl are having with the MCM is found. That being said, idk how much work it would be creating it with the way your mod is currently build and it's questionable if the number of people with these issues is big enough to warrant the extra work.

*EDIT*
I really did nothing different, but this time the MCM showed up after starting a "normal" new game... I mean.. I'm glad, but I don't see why it would suddenly work. Anyway, this happened with the 2.0.2 patch you uploaded, so perhaps the other day it was just unlucky that it did not initialize...

*EDIT2*
Ok, so the MCM shows up now, but every option is disabled (Widgets are also not drawn or selectable in iWant Bars). Also this time the MCM for PoserHotkeys Plus SSE isn't showing up. I'm aware that you got nothing to do with said mod, but mentioning it nevertheless, since that one showed up fine before when this mods MCM didn't.

*EDIT3*
And another try. Again, the MCM shows up, everything is greyed out and no Widgets are drawn. PoserHotkeys Plus did show up fine this time though. I'm going to start a new game without your mod enabled and only activate it after everything else loaded.

Edited by HannoJojo
Added information
3 hours ago, HannoJojo said:

*EDIT3*
And another try. Again, the MCM shows up, everything is greyed out and no Widgets are drawn. PoserHotkeys Plus did show up fine this time though. I'm going to start a new game without your mod enabled and only activate it after everything else loaded.

Edited 1 minute ago by HannoJojo
Added information

Already did that. Unfortunately for me it isn't working. Everything else you wrote is the same in my setup. slWidgets bar loads on second loadgame, when SL Framework automatically instals, without MCM. If i do manual instal for SL Framework without loading game, then on next loadgame mcm for slWidgets loads up but everything in menu isn't working, and no actual widget.

1 hour ago, bulletbass said:

Already did that. Unfortunately for me it isn't working. Everything else you wrote is the same in my setup. slWidgets bar loads on second loadgame, when SL Framework automatically instals, without MCM. If i do manual instal for SL Framework without loading game, then on next loadgame mcm for slWidgets loads up but everything in menu isn't working, and no actual widget.

try the papyrus logfile to see if there's something. Double check the load order iwant widgets, statusbars, slwidgets. What does debug tab says when it does load? Also do you have the same behavior with 1.1.0? 

hmm i have several of the supported mods but no widgets (icons or bars) appear for them in iWant.  Defeat, Fertily mode 3, Parasites and Chaurus.

The ones that do work are Arousal, FHU, and Apropos2.

Any clue?

Also, Awesome work Crajjj :D

edit - might try that 2.0.2 version

Edited by eicosa
8 hours ago, eicosa said:

hmm i have several of the supported mods but no widgets (icons or bars) appear for them in iWant.  Defeat, Fertily mode 3, Parasites and Chaurus.

The ones that do work are Arousal, FHU, and Apropos2.

Any clue?

Also, Awesome work Crajjj :D

edit - might try that 2.0.2 version

the ones you mentioned appear on condition only