AAF INSTALL ISSUES. HEEEEELP!!!!

i know theres instuctional vids out there. but one says one thing and one says similar but might vary. can some just tell me STEP BY STEP how to install this? ive tried using NMM. Ive tried manual but most likely misplaced a file or two. #1 which is the preferred method?? if manual can some one please tell me how. which folders need to be where please? I cant progress with this issue holding me back. 

Edited by Two Bucks
  • Two Bucks changed the title to AAF INSTALL ISSUES. HEEEEELP!!!!
42 minutes ago, Two Bucks said:

i know theres instuctional vids out there. but one says one thing and one says similar but might vary. can some just tell me STEP BY STEP how to install this? ive tried using NMM. Ive tried manual but most likely misplaced a file or two. #1 which is the preferred method?? if manual can some one please tell me how. which folders need to be where please? I cant progress with this issue holding me back. 

Do not be fooled, you DO NOT need to get rid of NMM, been using it for years, tried the others and didnt like them, there is NOTHING in your NMM causing this.

16 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Do not be fooled, you DO NOT need to get rid of NMM, been using it for years, tried the others and didnt like them, there is NOTHING in your NMM causing this.

Citation from the AAF Fucking Manual ?: "

With all that said, we HIGHLY SUGGEST you use either Vortex or MO2 as your mod manager.

We will NOT be providing support for Nexus Mod Manager or manually installed mods."

If he will need support for installing (and reading his post I'm sure he will need) he have to use MO or Vortex. 

47 minutes ago, Bee78 said:

Citation from the AAF Fucking Manual ?: "

With all that said, we HIGHLY SUGGEST you use either Vortex or MO2 as your mod manager.

We will NOT be providing support for Nexus Mod Manager or manually installed mods."

If he will need support for installing (and reading his post I'm sure he will need) he have to use MO or Vortex. 

I like how you tried to be aggressive, like it helped get your point across with "AAF Fucking Manual", so I'm the type that reacts to how I'm treated. You don't need fucking vortex or fucking MO2, I don't give a flying fuck if they support it or not, cause the mod manager doesnt fucking matter.  Is that better for you? did you understand what I was saying now?

You do not need Vortex or MO2 if you did, then it wouldn't work for me and many others that use NMM without any issues. Why is there not a page on how to use NMM, cause you don't need it, it easy.  Vortex is a mess at times and MO2 is alright, but nothing great, Further more, mod support? Yeah thats an overused word in modding, most people make a mod and don't reply to questions for weeks, its laughable.

Edited by Guest

NMM > Vortex or MO2................................................................................................................................................................. 0.02

Vortex or MO2 > NMM................................................................................................................................................................. 0.02

Getting butthurt not realizing the AAF Fucking Manual has "Fucking" in the title............................................... Priceless

:joy:

6 hours ago, -Caden- said:

I like how you tried to be aggressive, like it helped get your point across with "AAF Fucking Manual", so I'm the type that reacts to how I'm treated. You don't need fucking vortex or fucking MO2, I don't give a flying fuck if they support it or not, cause the mod manager doesnt fucking matter.  Is that better for you? did you understand what I was saying now?

You do not need Vortex or MO2 if you did, then it wouldn't work for me and many others that use NMM without any issues. Why is there not a page on how to use NMM, cause you don't need it, it easy.  Vortex is a mess at times and MO2 is alright, but nothing great, Further more, mod support? Yeah thats an overused word in modding, most people make a mod and don't reply to questions for weeks, its laughable.

The mod manager does 'fucking' matter because the way that NMM handles files is absolutely fucking atrocious. If you know what you're doing with it, that doesn't mean it will work for someone else.

And for the record, we might be one of the few actual 'mod support' discord servers around. Good luck getting help in Nexus's own discord.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
10 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Let me be perfectly clear here: Everything aside from Vortex and MO2 can't be supported because other methods allow for to many user-based errors, what makes offering support close to impossible.

if you think you're good enough for fully manual installations or using outdated mod managers then more power to you, even though going fully manual is pretty arse-backwards.
Before you now tell me your lifes story about how experienced you are because you started modding who-knows-when, doing who-knows-what: Many are perfectly capable of doing things old-school but they don't because it makes no sense as it doesn't offer any additional control.

So please stop advertising anything aside from the officially supported methods to new users unless you want to give support to those.
Feel free to join the AAF Discord so we can assign you to those users.

Edited by CGi
8 hours ago, CGi said:

Let me be perfectly clear here: Everything aside from Vortex and MO2 can't be supported because other methods allow for to many user-based errors, what makes offering support close to impossible.

if you think you're good enough for fully manual installations or using outdated mod managers then more power to you, even though going fully manual is pretty arse-backwards.
Before you now tell me your lifes story about how experienced you are because you started modding who-knows-when, doing who-knows-what: Many are perfectly capable of doing things old-school but they don't because it makes no sense as it doesn't offer any additional control.

So please stop advertising anything aside from the officially supported methods to new users unless you want to give support to those.
Feel free to join the AAF Discord so we can assign you to those users.

Cool story, I call BS, there is no reason for NMM to not be supported but thank you for the long, non-useful post after you talk about some life story BS. I never said manual, I said NMM. Not an advertisement, its facts, NMM works too.

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You mean Vortex and MO2 can be supported because they allow for many user-based errors ?

Exactly, they just try and scare new users into using shit, cause they don't want to be bothered with "supporting" certain mod managers, its not more than that an all opinion based BS.

11 hours ago, murf said:

NMM > Vortex or MO2................................................................................................................................................................. 0.02

Vortex or MO2 > NMM................................................................................................................................................................. 0.02

Getting butthurt not realizing the AAF Fucking Manual has "Fucking" in the title............................................... Priceless

:joy:

Who' butthurt? Seems the author of AFF would then huh, since in needs to be in a title cause you create a mod that you have to jump thru hoops to install..hmm

8 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

For the average user, NMM is absolute dogshit.

cool opinion

8 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

The mod manager does 'fucking' matter because the way that NMM handles files is absolutely fucking atrocious. If you know what you're doing with it, that doesn't mean it will work for someone else.

And for the record, we might be one of the few actual 'mod support' discord servers around. Good luck getting help in Nexus's own discord.

It's called learning, right, cause I never see a daily post of how MO2 users need help with something simple of vortex screwed something up cause the are so "user friendly" ?

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You mean Vortex and MO2 can be supported because they allow for many user-based errors ?

Wow... so much wisdom. Try again and maybe add an explanation so you can be taken serious.

20 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Exactly, they just try and scare new users into using shit, cause they don't want to be bothered with "supporting" certain mod managers, its not more than that an all opinion based BS.

You have no clue what you're talking about, as you have proven three times by now. NMM, FOMM and the like are basically like installing manually but i can understand if you fail to see that. We all started somewhere but most listen to others to progress. You may want to try that approach.

23 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Cool story, I call BS, there is no reason for NMM to not be supported but thank you for the long, non-useful post after you talk about some life story BS. I never said manual, I said NMM. Not an advertisement, its facts, NMM works too.

You can call it what you want and based on your behaviour there's no need to explain it to you because as you have proven with this post, you'll just twist words and facts and not provide any explanation while demanding one. You're not the end-of-all, not all-knowing and neither the most experienced user around.

Aside from that: We can choose what we want to provide support for but unlike you we can actually provide a reason, but as stated: Not in case of you.
But if my post struck a nerve, what it obviously did seeing that you tried to mirror something i said back, then maybe think about your posts some more before you post.

Edited by CGi
10 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Who' butthurt? Seems the author of AFF would then huh, since in needs to be in a title cause you create a mod that you have to jump thru hoops to install..hmm

cool opinion

It's called learning, right, cause I never see a daily post of how MO2 users need help with something simple of vortex screwed something up cause the are so "user friendly" ?

You're a moron. The guide is not written by AAF's author. So not only do you not understand how mod managers work, you neither understand who you're talking to and what you're talking about.

You stick with your mod manager and we stick to what we want to support, what excludes NMM, FOMM and Kortex. Deal with it.

Edited by CGi
1 minute ago, CGi said:

Wow... so much wisdom. Try again and maybe add an explanation so you can be taken serious.

You have no clue what you're talking about, as you have proven three times by now. NMM, FOMM and the like are basically like installing manually but i can understand if you fail to see that. We all started somewhere but most listen to others to progress. Youi may want to try that approach.

You can call it what you want and based on your behaviour there's no need to explain it to you because as you have proven with this post, you'll just twist words and facts and not provide any explanation while demanding one. You're not the end-of-all, not all-knowing and neither the most experienced user around.

Aside from that: We can choose what we want to provide support for but unlike you we can actually provide a reason, but as stated: Not in case of you.
But if my post struck a nerve, what it obviously did seeing that you tried to mirror something i said back, then maybe think about your posts some more before you post.

My behavior? ? Disagreeing with your opinion is a behavior? Upset CGI that not everyone agrees with you? Aww it will be ok. My OPINION is that if you need a whole discord of support just to install a mod, that should be red flags on the mod in question. You're right, I know nothing, is there a bow emoji that I can put here to bow to you, and the support team that needs to be in place?

3 minutes ago, CGi said:

You're a moron. The guide is not written by AAF's author. So not only do you not understand how mod managers work, you neither understand who you're talking to and what you're talking about.

You stick with your mod manager and we stick to what we want to support, what excludes NMM, FOMM and Kortex. Deal with it.

Thats a great approach lol, "use the mod manger we tell you too of f off" great support.

7 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

My behavior? ? Disagreeing with your opinion is a behavior? Upset CGI that not everyone agrees with you? Aww it will be ok. My OPINION is that if you need a whole discord of support just to install a mod, that should be red flags on the mod in question. You're right, I know nothing, is there a bow emoji that I can put here to bow to you, and the support team that needs to be in place?

So we instead send users completely new to modding to the likes of you? Yeah... that's a no as you'll just cause them misery.
And so far you presented no opinion but a bias. Feel free to look up the difference.

6 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Thats a great approach lol, "use the mod manger we tell you too of f off" great support.

Our choice, not yours. Users using other means are free to look up how to use them.
i'm sure you can at least understand this as i fail to find simpler words to say it.

5 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Yes, my behavior is in question. ?

That's what you get caught up on? You have my condolences.

Edited by CGi
2 minutes ago, CGi said:

So we instead send users complete new to missong to the likes of you?

Where did I say this? Grasping much? My advice would be not to use a mod that requires other to support even getting it to work.

3 minutes ago, CGi said:

Our choice, not yours. Users using other means are free to look up how to use them.

Did I state anything different at the start of this convo? Advice I would give, following installation order on the description page with NMM. simple. most people don't read instructions as you know.

4 minutes ago, CGi said:

That's what you get caught up on? You have my condolences.

Just pointing out the obvious. You call my behavior into question cause I disagreed and gave my opinion and they resort to name calling? Honestly CGI, never saw this in you a year ago. This modding stuff went to your head a little when others disagree. 

Never claimed to know it all, but I do know what works and so do you, NMM still works and you know it.

29 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Where did I say this? Grasping much? My advice would be not to use a mod that requires other to support even getting it to work.

Yes, you did. Questioning our decission you suggest your way of doing it and arguing it you try to enforce your way as the right way.

Aside from that: Suggesting that a mod is bad because the support team only gives support for a limited range of options is just bad and another try of you enforcing your bias.

Did I state anything different at the start of this convo? Advice I would give, following installation order on the description page with NMM. simple. most people don't read instructions as you know.

Just pointing out the obvious. You call my behavior into question cause I disagreed and gave my opinion and they resort to name calling? Honestly CGI, never saw this in you a year ago. This modding stuff went to your head a little when others disagree.

First of all: Yes, i went a bit overboard calling you a "moron" which seems to have a more negative meaning than i thought. So please accept my appology.

What i tried to convey is that your assessment was not the smartest as it lacks investigating to make any such statement.

So to explain the case to you:
We did support FOMM and NMM until we had plain to many users not managing using them, so i cut FOMM support from the installer. NMM support is still in it, which i thought of cutting, because there are still some experienced users who use it. But aside from "because i'm used to it" no one managed to present a sounding argument for NMM.
Aside from that: New users would have to learn NMM so they might as well learn Vortex or MO2 and in case of those two, we don't have to explain or establish a fixed installation order as this can be established at any time later on, what cuts down on problems a damn lot.
So after over a year we plain decided to not offer any support for FOMM or NMM because whenever we did not specifically state that we can't support NMM, we had newcomers use it instead of Vortex or MO2 what resulted in hour long support sessions, some spanning over 2 or 3 days.

Never claimed to know it all, but I do know what works and so do you, NMM still works and you know it.

i never claimed NMM doesn't work, i only talk about support here and i took the time to explain our stand on this above.
We did not decide out of the blue, we did it for valid reasons because unless you gave support for a single mod for a longer period of time, then you can't even imagine what you face in troubleshooting sessions. i still get surprised to this day, having never thought some of this is even possible.

Edited by CGi

P.s.: We will help people who use NMM if we see they know how to use it. Else we won't bother because of the rats tail that giving support to people, who don't know its intricacies, has.

P.p.s.: People who know how to use NMM won't need any support so there's that too.

We didn't have a single experienced NMM user asking for support. Only newcomers who tried using it.

Edited by CGi