Request Tormented Souls nude mod

I don't have much experience with Unity except for extracting assets using AssetStudio. I think I found the nude body. The pussy has no texture. It's just blank.

Spoiler

tormented_souls.thumb.png.0d9e4a92d35a040e9ce0dc74018da62e.png

Maybe we can do some file replacements to swap the body models? I remember some older unity mods using UABE but when I tried to open the asset files in UABE it said they were not supported so no idea what we can do.

18 minutes ago, fraggerman said:

I remember some older unity mods using UABE but when I tried to open the asset files in UABE it said they were not supported so no idea what we can do.

You have to use this updated version of UABE: https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA which opened the asset files just fine for me.

Where did you happen to find the nude body btw, ie in which asset file?

I tried looking for myself and ended up trying something by deleting the meshes for the jacket, dress, belt, ribbons etc hoping the nude body was simply underneath, and somewhat worked in that the pieces of clothing were indeed deleted, but nude wasn't exactly what was underneath, when there was anything at all lol. 

Edited by alig200
9 minutes ago, alig200 said:

Where did you happen to find the nude body btw, ie in which asset file?

The nude body mesh and texture are in sharedassets7. The mesh is called body_LP and the texture is called CarolineNude_body_AlbedoTransparency.

I am using the files from the Demo though. So they might be in a different asset file or have a different name in the actual game.

Edited by fraggerman

So they're definitely named the same, but they're found in sharedassets10 for the full game. Unfortunately I have no clue how to use the nudy body mesh to replace Caroline's normal body.

The nude body is all one full mesh except for the head, whereas the normal body (found in sharedassets1) is made up of individual meshes for each part such as boots, legs, belt, blouse, jacket, head (includes neck and part of breasts), hair, ribbons etc.

I tried deleting all but the legs of those meshes and then replacing the legs with the nude body, but unfortunately this turned Caroline into an unholy abomination so I've pretty much given up. I've never even tried doing anything like this before for a Unity game, so I have absolutely no idea what to do for anything sadly, but hopefully somebody else might know and hopefully chime in.

Edited by alig200
6 minutes ago, GuiRush said:

Hello! A little help we can do is keeping this topic highlighted here, so it has more views and can get some modder's attention.

Won't really work, you are better off paying someone to make it. Its pretty much how all mods are made now, unless its AAA game. Then you'd get a standard one. I wanna play this game to and am holding off till Oct, or if by some miracle a Nude mod. Every game is better with a Nude mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 2:39 AM, sus808 said:

Actually would've made more sense if she were forced to remain naked throughout the entire first stage until she "finds" clothes somewhere. At least that would've added more tension than her conveniently "finding" her clothes across the tub.

My thoughts exactly. It would make much more sence. Devs unfortunately think different.

Even if someone got a mod working for this game it's installation would be beyond many mod user's capacity to figure out. There isn't a way to throw a mod in with little issue in Unity games like you can in an Unreal game.

But if someone were to try and get a mod working they would have to do some testing to see how the model works. If the main character's costume model is divided into multiple parts, they would have to try and remove just one mesh part and see how that reflects on the model in game. If there is distortion on the model it may indicate that the game is looking for bones that are in the missing part. If the game needs the bones from the missing part, you could likely rename the bones in the nude model to match the bones in the part that was removed.

If all the costume parts have the complete skeleton you would just need to set the nude mesh to the root position, which would probably be the boots. It may be best to see if you could open the various costume parts in a hex editor and try and find some references to what the mesh needs to function properly, such as physics or animation plugins. The nude model may use a completely different one from the costume parts and may have to be routed and baked into the nude mesh to make it useable by the game for animation. 

Then again, the things I've suggested may be wildly overcomplicated and the people who have tried may just be missing a tiny detail. Who knows?

7 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

Even if someone got a mod working for this game it's installation would be beyond many mod user's capacity to figure out. There isn't a way to throw a mod in with little issue in Unity games like you can in an Unreal game.

I highly doubt this part, if any mods were to be made, it'd probably be with UABE, and UABE lets you create a standalone mod installer which is as easy as can be.
Even then, the other option is just extracting a handful of files to the game directory, which is again, pretty easy, though it'd have to be updated every time the base game updates too.

As for the other stuff, I think the main problem right now is that the nude model is designed exclusively for cutscenes, so it probably doesn't have the same rig as the clothed model. Ideally the only thing that needs to be done is to take the rig from the clothed model and weight paint the nude model onto it. It's just tedious to do, especially if you don't know what you're doing, which I personally don't.

Creating a nude mod for this game shouldn't be much harder than for Tales of Arise, there's just much less interest for this game than ToA.

Edited by Tehman4