Request Tormented Souls nude mod

3 minutes ago, Tehman4 said:

I highly doubt this part, if any mods were to be made, it'd probably be with UABE, and UABE lets you create a standalone mod installer which is as easy as can be.
Even then, the other option is just extracting a handful of files to the game directory, which is again, pretty easy, though it'd have to be updated every time the base game updates too.

As for the other stuff, I think the main problem right now is that the nude model is designed exclusively for cutscenes, so it probably doesn't have the same rig as the clothed model. Ideally the only thing that needs to be done is to take the rig from the clothed model and weight paint the nude model onto it. It's just tedious to do, especially if you don't know what you're doing, which I personally don't.

Creating a nude mod for this game shouldn't be much harder than for Tales of Arise, there's just much less interest for this game than ToA.

See, I didn't know you could make an installer with UABE. That makes this job much easier at least for mod installers. So if the weight painting is the case, duping the weights from a combined costume mesh would do the trick without doing it manually. That is IF the weight painting is the case. Once again I can't be sure because I haven't looked into it. But if it is the weight/rigging than this mod should be pretty easy to do.

• 2 weeks later...

You can find two character mods here https://gamebanana.com/games/13969 . One swaps the original character model with Fiona Belli (from the PS2 game Haunting Ground) and the other one with Heather Mason (from Silent Hill 3). Both mods were made by a Patreon creator named user619 (https://www.patreon.com/user619). Unfortunately he doesn't seem to make any nude mods, at least i haven't seen any on his patreon page.

1 hour ago, lover2014 said:

You can find two character mods here https://gamebanana.com/games/13969 . One swaps the original character model with Fiona Belli (from the PS2 game Haunting Ground) and the other one with Heather Mason (from Silent Hill 3). Both mods were made by a Patreon creator named user619 (https://www.patreon.com/user619). Unfortunately he doesn't seem to make any nude mods, at least i haven't seen any on his patreon page.

he is known paid modder, u can ask him for any mod but he charges like 70$ =_=

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 4:58 AM, Tehman4 said:

I highly doubt this part, if any mods were to be made, it'd probably be with UABE, and UABE lets you create a standalone mod installer which is as easy as can be.
Even then, the other option is just extracting a handful of files to the game directory, which is again, pretty easy, though it'd have to be updated every time the base game updates too.

As for the other stuff, I think the main problem right now is that the nude model is designed exclusively for cutscenes, so it probably doesn't have the same rig as the clothed model. Ideally the only thing that needs to be done is to take the rig from the clothed model and weight paint the nude model onto it. It's just tedious to do, especially if you don't know what you're doing, which I personally don't.

Creating a nude mod for this game shouldn't be much harder than for Tales of Arise, there's just much less interest for this game than ToA.

I started digging into some of the files. You have to use something called Asset Studio because UABE isn't currently compatible with newer Unity games, and UABEAvalonia is utterly useless since it doesn't support any of the plugins that allow you to extract assets. If anyone is having trouble setting up Asset Studio let me know.

Anyway, what I found was pretty interesting, it doesn't look like what we'll need is a model swap. It looks like there's actually only one model and one set of textures for Caroline's body. So the nude model that's used in the cut scene is the same one you use throughout the game, she's just clothed. I could be wrong, but I haven't found any additional models or textures of her in the files, and the nude model is grouped with all of the models for her clothing. This might mean that all you need to do is "hide" her clothing or apply transparent textures to them.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, _DingleBerry_ said:

I started digging into some of the files. You have to use something called Asset Studio because UABE isn't currently compatible with newer Unity games, and UABEAvalonia is utterly useless since it doesn't support any of the plugins that allow you to extract assets. If anyone is having trouble setting up Asset Studio let me know.

Anyway, what I found was pretty interesting, it doesn't look like what we'll need is a model swap. It looks like there's actually only one model and one set of textures for Caroline's body. So the nude model that's used in the cut scene is the same one you use throughout the game, she's just clothed. I could be wrong, but I haven't found any additional models or textures of her in the files, and the nude model is grouped with all of the models for her clothing. This might mean that all you need to do is "hide" her clothing or apply transparent textures to them.

So in theory it would be to configure the game so Caroline doesn't wear the right outfit?

1 hour ago, mortanios said:

So in theory it would be to configure the game so Caroline doesn't wear the right outfit?

Right, and there's probably a few different ways to accomplish this. You could try removing the files for her clothing outright, but this could end up causing the game to crash or not work properly. You could alternatively alter the files so that they still exist but contain no mesh in them, or you could simply replace the textures for all of her clothing with transparent textures so her clothes are essentially invisible. The best solution, however, would be to determine how the game itself is removing her clothing and to manipulate whatever values it's using. There may be a flag somewhere that determines when her clothing is and isn't visible.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, _DingleBerry_ said:

that's not true, there is nothing under her clothes

4 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

that's not true, there is nothing under her clothes

How much of her body can you confirm is missing? I'm pretty sure that most of her lower body is still visible under her dress and she's wearing panties. It's very possible, perhaps even likely, that some of the parts of her body that are underneath her jacket are made transparent to avoid clipping, but the skeletal mesh being used during gameplay could still also be the "nude" one from the cut scene.

So I was messing around with dnSpy and found something interesting in Assembly-CSharp.dll. This made me wonder if someone who actually knows what they're doing could edit these so that she just uses the nude mesh instead of outfits. ?

Also, there seems to be implications of a nurse outfit which isn't in game yet.

Untitled-1.png

Edited by Sermounstis
17 hours ago, Sermounstis said:

So I was messing around with dnSpy and found something interesting in Assembly-CSharp.dll. This made me wonder if someone who actually knows what they're doing could edit these so that she just uses the nude mesh instead of outfits. ?

Also, there seems to be implications of a nurse outfit which isn't in game yet.

Untitled-1.png

If there's an ID that corresponds to the nude one, it should be as simple as hardcoding it on line 24!  There's probably few enough of them that you could experiment by passing in some low values and see if it changes thing at all.  0 is probably the default, I'd try throwing in 1,2 and 3 respectively.  E.g `this.EnableSkin(0);`

There should be a list of those enums somewhere else though, you would think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, matt179 said:

+1 for another person showing interest in the nude mod. I'll be honest, its actually half the reason i bought the game. I assumed there would be a mod already!
Happy to pay for a mod if someone can point me in the right direction

@PEPEELORDD are doing a mod, but theres more or less 3 weeks that he dont say nothing more here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...