Request Tormented Souls nude mod

Yeah, nude model does exist in the game (the main character model and the nude model has different skeletons and slightly different sizes). But what I meant is that I think the nude model was never used on the main character herself, so you cannot swap to the nude model using source code as seen in the source code screenshots.

Although there could be a choice to mod it directly using Unity engine, but after importing it to blender, it looks very complicated to edit (multiple body meshes instead of just one mesh, bizarre XYZ translation of the skeleton+mesh , and also strange vertex groups naming), so I have no idea how to mod it with Unity engine either.

Edited by ZenithMob
7 hours ago, Nordir said:

That's right, the opening scene is pre-rendered. But, there must be a nude model in the assets.

Warning: Spoilers ahead!

Hide contents

20230414221640_1.thumb.jpg.ed86b625452c253acb967e596bcfb855.jpg20230414221646_1.thumb.jpg.6f0206fb75bd53a7dd89195280a36a64.jpg20230414231830_1.thumb.jpg.bcfd0cf6e4ccbaf0e1824b3e0ca7769b.jpg

The cut scene is in-engine, almost all cutscenes nowadays are, although I do remember a time cutscenes were stored and played in a video format. But the fact that it is in-engine means that yes there is in fact a nude model that the engine must call in for the scene. And since it moves it also must have a skeleton that can probably be swapped in for the character skeletal mesh.

Someone would have to change Caroline's normal costume mesh parts and replace them with the corresponding nude mesh parts to make this mod work and I'm not even sure if there would be texture issues once the assets were replaced. This game's file structure is strange with duplicates everywhere so it would be difficult to determine which asset file has Caroline's mesh parts which are loaded in game. I think I found the assets already, but I have little to no time to actually mess around trying to get the mod to work currently.

19 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

Someone would have to change Caroline's normal costume mesh parts and replace them with the corresponding nude mesh parts to make this mod work and I'm not even sure if there would be texture issues once the assets were replaced. This game's file structure is strange with duplicates everywhere so it would be difficult to determine which asset file has Caroline's mesh parts which are loaded in game. I think I found the assets already, but I have little to no time to actually mess around trying to get the mod to work currently.

If you don't have time, share what you have found that way whoever else wants to take a crack at this, doesn't have to start at square one. (Meaning if you think you found the assets, share the locations.)

A mod is built step by step. Unless it took you 10 seconds to find them, even sharing that will help others reduce the their time trying to figure it out making it more accessible.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2023 at 3:03 AM, Hakufu1021 said:

If you don't have time, share what you have found that way whoever else wants to take a crack at this, doesn't have to start at square one. (Meaning if you think you found the assets, share the locations.)

A mod is built step by step. Unless it took you 10 seconds to find them, even sharing that will help others reduce the their time trying to figure it out making it more accessible.

Just signed up for this... it's really mind boggling how complicated it seems to be, compared to other games. That being said, i have close to zero experience with modding but wanted to atleast try to understand it a little bit instead of waiting for someone to deliver it all. The more people are working together, the easier it should be. As of now you have to pick out all the information out of this (admittedly very short) thread. Like what kind of tools are probably helpful for modding on this game?

1. UABEA (Unity Assets Bundle Extractor Avalonia) 
  2. AssetStudio 
  3. DNSpy

With UABEA you can replace textures but you will have to find them in one out of a hundred "sharedassets" files, so you'll need to know what to find. This is where AssetStudio helps. It can open the whole folder and search through all the meshes, textures and so on and displays them aswell. But replacing them only works with UABEA as far as i know. Haven't tried DNSpy yet but judging from the posts that could be a useful tool aswell.

Swapping out a character as a whole without body parts seems to be possible too, since someone else ported characters from other games into there. Should be possible with the nude body too. Step 2 would be getting the skeleton and animations to work. Should be possible aswell since it moves in the cutscenes. It's possible, the question is just, how?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 11:12, assassin394 said:

+1

Ya hay un modelo desnudo en el juego. ¿Tal vez sea posible cambiar eso con el modelo vestido?

440978228_Captura de pantalla (287).png.cb8ba457eb7531dada48c3a52c958b1a.png

360333229_Captura de pantalla (281).png.7f1b846d360d49d02ff90d9f3a240b4e.png

I, like the creators of the game, am Chilean and I am more than sure that they made the nude model of the first cinematic a complete mesh, unlike the one you use throughout the game (clothed) there are several meshes with their own skeletons to trolling us... Since they knew that more than one would think of doing Model Swap and to avoid that they did this since obviously it was an extra job for the developers to put each mesh of clothing separately with separate skeletons instead of doing it the same compared to the previous model (I risk saying that it was the first one they made before the dress) there are games like Fatal Frame that resort to making separate skeletons when the mesh is in different files, for that reason the modders who took care of those games made a program that cut the meshes with their skeletons to solve this problem. I suspect that whoever ported characters from other games to this used the same method but obviously doesn't say it because it doesn't suit them.

• 2 months later...

They already confirmed a sequel, I hope that in this one they have put the costumes in a single model and not scattered by mesh as in the previous one so that we can have a Nude Mod (I know you must use the same mesh so the same nude model from the first game works for us )

That still surprises me how well the developers did to prevent us from using Tina's Nude Model in the rest of the game, as they knew that we would try to make a mod like this and the developers insisted on making everything more difficult, because that to create games it is easier to put all the meshes in the same model than to do it in several separate files.

I am Chilean just like the developers of this game

I'm not sure if the developers intended to make it difficult to mod or if they just weren't very organized in general. I personally am not fond of working with games that have a bunch of duplicate assets and split assets. I hope that the sequel fixes these problems for the sake of their own sanity. I have never lost interest in a project so fast in my life.

• 3 months later...