nothing works

There are so many guides out there already, even a fucking mod list ready to download after it. Look them up and follow their tips.

First guide

Second guide

Third Guide

So now that we got that out of the way. if you need help with installation and crash fixes, the best way to do it is to give your Load Order/Mod List and a FNIS Log to start with. Not that there will always be an answer to your problem with them, but the chance that there are People who can help you raises with the information you can provide. You did something wrong, only way to know what for an outsider are this 2 things, a Crash Log would also be a possible way to know why you are crashing.

12 minutes ago, T-lam said:

We should have a sticky link to all those guides. Always on top.

I becomes exhausting linking this stuff every day.

@Psalam

PLEASE, make a sticky post with this links :)

Pretty sure i did saw at least one additional guide but forgot to save it. But they are already in a sticky. Just people not looking for them

20 minutes ago, T-lam said:

We should have a sticky link to all those guides. Always on top.

I becomes exhausting linking this stuff every day.

@Psalam

PLEASE, make a sticky post with this links :)

What, exactly, do you want? I could start a Thread but then it would wind up having pages of posts and wouldn't get read. The reason my "Navigating" blog is made of 5 fairly short posts is simple. The people who come here don't want to read a text. They don't want to do research. They want things handed to them. Sorry, I'm just in a bad place at the minute. If you have a suggestion that might be useful, a SPECIFIC suggestion, I'll be happy to help.

I see the problem.

The post will be hidden after a couple of days.

Is it possible to make under community a sticky section, like *announcements" or "of topic"

but name it  "read first before asking" and have all the links in there ? No posting possible there, only this 1 post with links.

Very on top so nobody can miss it ;)

18 minutes ago, Psalam said:

The people who come here don't want to read a text.

?

I saw a documentary about ghosts and they said "print is dead"

Spoiler

They want things handed to them.

Me first!!! GIMME! GIMME!! GIMME!!!

Sorry, I'm just in a bad place at the minute.

I hope it's nothing chronic ?

Edited by donttouchmethere

Modding these games can be frustrating at times, but the guides posted above can help immensely.  Keep in mind there are 2 main versions of Skyrim.  The original version, sometimes referred to as "Oldrim", or "Legendary Edition", "LE",  and the newer version referred to as Skyrim Special Edition (SSE).  When looking for mods, be sure to first check which version of the game the mod is compatible with.  The first guide posted above is specific to Special Edition.  The Conglomerate guides also linked above are specific to Legendary Edition. 

Another helpful tip to make the modding go smoother, is read as much as you can for each mod.  Make sure that you understand at least the following:

1. The mod is compatible for the edition of Skyrim you are running

2. You have installed any pre-requisite mods needed

3. Check the download description for incompatibilities, load order, and any other info the mod author offers

4. Press the Get Help button on the download page for the specific help thread for that mod to read about any issues that others have had

It takes a great deal of patience, reading and learning to make these games run smoothly.  And of course there are also the technical support forums if you have specific questions.