Another re-release of Skyrim announced - Skyrim Anniversary

So appearantly there's going to be another SSE version of Skyrim coming 11-11, containing a lot of - possibly all - CC content and fishing. I'm curious as to how many mods it will break this time.

Feel free to share your thoughts! :3

Edited by Swanky
  • Swanky changed the title to Another re-release of Skyrim announced - Skyrim Anniversary
1 hour ago, Swanky said:

So appearantly there's going to be another SSE version of Skyrim coming 11-11, containing a lot of - possibly all - CC content and fishing. I'm curious as to how many mods it will break this time.

Feel free to share your thoughts! :3

Ideally, it'll just be SE with all the CC content bundled in. 

In a perfect world, I mean. 

In reality, it's going to break everything, require entirely new mod forms, and further split up the mod community 

From what I've read so far the SSE receives a free "next gen" upgrade as well as fishing, survival and a quest from CC. Not sure if that means any or all quest related content. Doubt it though. The anniversary itself is the same bundle but will feature "500+" items from CC and will have a pricetag for upgrading.

seems like it will include the Special Edition, so it might end up being compatible

K2wHKrXS33F4PA5nNoxQS9-970-80.jpg

But I'm worried this is gonna be a 'mandatory' update from Steam and break all the game (although it seems PC is not confirmed yet). According to PC Gamer:

And if you have already played it, you're not being left out, as the Anniversary Edition will be available as an upgrade for the Special Edition as well. A free next-gen upgrade will also launch on the same day, although it's not clear yet whether it will come to PC (I've asked)

If they are going to release a next gen version, I wish they'd make some engine improvements. They could probably raise the shadow lights limit to 6 while staying with forward rendering given the amount of processing power that modern PCs and consoles have. A power move would be to shift to a deferred renderer like Fallout 4, but I'm dreaming.

In reality I don't expect any of this to happen of course. If we are lucky maybe some minor threaded optimizations, maybe even smaller renderer improvements.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, veryveryangryman said:

Monetized Creation Club Modding has come.

Death of Modding as we know it.

Creation club has been around for years, it has not killed modding yet nor is it likely to, though the next actual new version of elder scrolls may well make it harder to mod, who knows, considering the only thing we have seen of it is a couple of minutes of flying over some mountains, which could have been from a modded version of current versions of skyrim le or se.