Grumpf little rant about the Nazus, aka waiting to be banned...

I reacted to a modo on the Nazus removing my post with some pictures embedded in it. As you can see, no PM prior to it to explain it and a snotty pompoous attitude we all hate.

Meanwhile, the guy maybe a good guy, I'm not condemning I just want kids to know their place...

EDIT: Post content removed.

You know the rules by now, do not openly post the type of content you had here - TVD.

As a matter of fact I don't. Please enlighten me so it won't happen again? No adult pics in an adult mod???

Cheers!

Sent Today, 03:22 PM

You posted adult images in the comments thread, which is visible by all site members via the forum version - whether they use the adult filter or not.

You cannot do that, any images of that type should remain part of the mods gallery where those that have chosen not to see adult orientated content cannot view it and it does not violate site policy on open nudity being posted on the forums (which if continued or repeated is a bannable offense for future reference).

Understood.

So your remark was in fact:

I'm sorry Grumpf; as our flawed web server let private discussion thread of a protected adult mod normaly only available to members open to public I had to remove your post. We're working on it and will make members only adult mod threads hidden very soon. Meanwhile, my sincere apologies for the confusion.

Apologies accepted.

Grumpf.

The last quote was ME sending him what he should have said of course...

Done already :)

But the Nazus is still the only place most players knows about... So file hosting is good (although the web server sucks) and players are aware of the mod. Only things are the commercial attitude against adult mods which I can understand if you live from your sponsor.

It's just not an open community that's all.

The Vampire Dante, on 29 October 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

Why should I be apologising for something that is your doing? I find your assumption that I should apologising for your flawed posting methods insulting to be honest.

From the terms of service for site use:

Through your use of any Nexus site you agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, related to piracy, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of UK law. Know that in severe cases legal action can be taken against you.

Bolded parts can be applied to your post.

We have the right to remove any content we deem objectionable at any time and without warning or reason.

Openly posting sexually explicit conent in this forum environment is not wanted as has been said by the site owner. Therefore there is nothing to 'fix' as you should not be doing so in the first place.

Insure that any content that would typically be awarded a 15 certificate or higher in the US/UK film and video game industry is properly labelled with the "Adult-only" option when uploading files and images. Continued failure to adhere to this rule will result in your account being banned.

That last one is imporant - the forum posts cannot be seperated out the way you (rather rudely) reworded my reply. Therefore you do not post such content in them.

Am I making it clear now?

So if I understand well, as I said before: you cannot prevent discussion thread of a private adult mod to appear public. Hence you prefer I do not post things that can be innapropriate for young people of simply, not safe for work as we say on the intertubes.

I totally understand that and agree with you on that.

Where I disagree, and please let's not play who has the bigger tool here, is that I was not rude (although you were threatening, here in bold) : it is a big flaw to allow posts about private mods to go public. Maybe it will be good to warn any poster in an adult flagged mod that his post will be public. I had no idea and frankly should not feel guilty about it.

So do we agree on that? Not that I can do anything about it though

Chill out dude, I was just pissed you rudely posted orange comment about my post like I was a criminal. That's it. Should we drop it and have a life now?

Just proves that they have major issues with administration. For a long time now, the staff has no real idea what moderation and administration is about. Half the time I feel its nothing more then a big social club to them, the other half I doubt they know what the fuck they are doing at all.

They like to push policy that is often obscure, difficult to understand (nevermind actually locate) all with the expectation of thier members to instantly be aware of all policy changes with no formal administrative announcments.

Grumpf I'd honestly wouldnt concern myself with nex at this point. There is really nothing there that cannot be replaced by going elsewhere. As far as download exposure...trust me, I have no doubt word will get out on where to DL the CLS series if you were to relocate. Word always spreads..if they want it..they will find you.

Stories like yours makes me glad I never seriously got involved with that community.

You make my night guys! Thanks for the kind words, it's really encouraging.

I just wanted to know how much I can squeeze some humanity out of those guys and they represent the Oblivion modding community now, it's sad...

Don't get me wrong, by not losing my temper with him we both had an adult discussion be he will not admit he was wrong and the snotty attitude still stays. That's simply bad as I used to love the site.

Now, I'm bending over due to major fear I will not release CLS for the masses, which is my real concern, not let those days of work wasted you know?

You're right though, I don't need any website to tell me where I sit in the modding community, we know :)

Cheers guys and thanks for indulging my rants... Old men love that you know?

Openly posting sexually explicit content in this forum environment is not wanted as has been said by the site owner. Therefore there is nothing to 'fix' as you should not be doing so in the first place.

Ooops... adult content does include any discussion about adult mods... or is someone saying that the people who don't want to see adult content cannot read?

He is, isn't he?

Insure that any content that would typically be awarded a 15 certificate or higher in the US/UK film and video game industry is properly labelled with the "Adult-only" option when uploading files and images. Continued failure to adhere to this rule will result in your account being banned.

That last one is important - the forum posts cannot be separated out the way you (rather rudely) reworded my reply. Therefore you do not post such content in them.

Am I making it clear now?

Yep... any forum posts that include WRITTEN adult content are not allowed to be posted and should be removed.

So if I understand well, as I said before: you cannot prevent discussion thread of a private adult mod to appear public. Hence you prefer I do not post things that can be innapropriate for young people of simply, not safe for work as we say on the intertubes.

I totally understand that and agree with you on that.

Where I disagree, and please let's not play who has the bigger tool here, is that I was not rude (although you were threatening, here in bold) : it is a big flaw to allow posts about private mods to go public. Maybe it will be good to warn any poster in an adult flagged mod that his post will be public. I had no idea and frankly should not feel guilty about it.

Bingo! By banning images but not the written word (and the written posts I've seen are much more explicit that any images they have on there) they are relying on people not being able to read.

OR... they are saying that, rather than fix their broken software, they'd prefer to insinuate that their users are illiterate. What a fucking insulting twat!

So do we agree on that? Not that I can do anything about it though

Chill out dude, I was just pissed you rudely posted orange comment about my post like I was a criminal. That's it. Should we drop it and have a life now?

He won't drop it... you've pointed out a massive flaw in the site itself. HOW DARE YOU!!11! :@

Hell, when it got pointed out that rape and forced bestiality were illegal under UK Law, they claimed the Law in question was regarding children only... it's a shame the Law makes it clear it's regarding images/video/game modifications et al of ADULTS.

I could be a complete cunt at this point and pass on the details to the authorities... and since they are distributing this stuff despite being warned, they could be in serious shit.

Fact is, the site is run by a group of incompetent morons right now... but goddess forbid if you point that out to them!

Grumpf, I find it nothing short of amazing that CLS has remained unharmed and unmolested by Nexus' moderators for so long. I'd consider that a considerable achievement on your part. The fact that you have managed to remain reasonably civil despite all provocation, speaks volumes to me.

A rational and well phrased reply from yourself means that you took and held the moral high ground throughout. If TVD wants to throw his toys out of the pram, that's no skin off your nose sir!

When all is said and done, folk are going to look back years from now and get nostalgic about great games and the mods that made the most of them and CLS will, I believe, be counted amongst the best. The same folk will probably say also "The Vampire Who?" That is assuming anyone remembers him at all.

Dante was the one who banned me as a troll without warning without checking my previous site history - good thing their bans are laughably easy to get around by creating a new account.

I'm also fairly certain he tried to fuck my dog.

You know I never thought about it but, if it is true that under UK law they should not make adult discussion public, we now have a tool at our disposal.

So he didn't dropped the pompous attitude and was totally unsecure due to me pointing out one of the major flaw in their websever as you said...

It's sad because if he was just giving me the answer I made for him, like you know, between adults, I may have helped him secure is shitty server...

Now for you to know, he didn't see anything, it was "reported" to him...

If you look in the discussion thread, one of the most easiest to see button is the "report" button under each name for each post.

I think that summarizes very well the atmosphere...

Thanks for your support guys!

You know I never thought about it but' date=' if it is true that under UK law they should not make adult discussion public, we now have a tool at our disposal.[/quote']

Oh, adult discussion is ok... hosting stuff that enables people to simulate rape and bestiality, not so ok.

So he didn't dropped the pompous attitude and was totally unsecure due to me pointing out one of the major flaw in their websever as you said...

Figures... the mod part of the site has software that means you have to opt-in to see adult stuff... the forum software just gives you everything. It really isn't hard to close that hole... and since their own rules state you won't post anything obscene, and since they class adult stuff as obscene, they really should expunge all discussion of adult material from their forum database... or, you know... fix the fucking hole!

It is incredibly stupid to blame users for inadvertently falling foul of a "bug" in their forum software... but it is what I've come to expect from them.

It's sad because if he was just giving me the answer I made for him, like you know, between adults, I may have helped him secure is shitty server...

They don't need your help... they are perfect and can do no wrong... *vomits*

Fucking hubris...

Well the whole thing is done poorly, should have been two url's one which required you to be and adult to join, and another which required no adult status, and had no adult material.

I mean you can dress nicely, but if your not careful the wind may blow your skirt up, and reveal something you wanted to keep hidden..

Im surprised you were even able to hold a correspondance with a Nexus mod after being banned. Oh wait, your one of the ones that got away LOL!

I didn't get any type of communication from their end whatsoever.

Basically they might as well have said: "F*ck you, you messed up, your not welcome anymore you filthy son of a f*cking c*nt", and then dusted off their hands and continued to do as they please, randomly choosing when, and when not to enforce their contradictory rule system. Or maybe its not random, perhaps they choose WHO to go on a power trip with.

Edit: X-Files forum!? LOL I love the X-files, well, until they recycled Mulder and Scully and replaced them with two idiots, one of which is so bad at acting, its not even funny. X-files Oblivion/FO3 mod with nudity? Get on it!!

It's obvious they're setting up the nexus as some sort of gamespy esque thing they can make money off of and they also want to keep their malware spewing advertisers happy.

Thing is their attitude stinks, they blame users for problems the administrators create and have bizarrely stupid rules like for instance you can't post images with illegal rips in them (what constitutes illegal rips is entirely and arbitrarily defined solely by the nexus staff, of course) because "somebody might ask where they're from and get them into trouble".

So basically you will have your content removed and be disciplined for what might possibly happen. The future crime department is alive and working at the nexus.

@Grumpf you could always prep your mods users by throwing in a few discreet ads as to your mods potential new home. And make mention of it in the read me file ect ect you could even start using a mirror instead of nexus

Nexus where Dante thinks he owns it almost 60% of the modders that are banned are Dante's doings

Where I live the police are far to busy to do menial things such as write parking tickets so they hired a local guy who is borderline mentaly retarded to ride his bicycle around around town and write parking tickets.

In theory this sounds Ideal but I'm sure you can all imagine what happens once a 250 lb biker discovers the local retard writing him a ticket for leaving his chopper up on the mc clubs lawn.

or how the mayor reacts when the same retards ticketing the ambulance service, first responders and fire department.

I shit you not this happened.

You have to think of Dante the same way, Just some Idiot who mindlessly logs on to see who he can ban for the slightest infraction egged on by a slew of ass kissing I wanna be a nexus moderator wannbes

@Grumpf you could always prep your mods users by throwing in a few discreet ads as to your mods potential new home. And make mention of it in the read me file ect ect you could even start using a mirror instead of nexus

Nexus where Dante thinks he owns it almost 60% of the modders that are banned are Dante's doings

Where I live the police are far to busy to do menial things such as write parking tickets so they hired a local guy who is borderline mentaly retarded to ride his bicycle around around town and write parking tickets.

In theory this sounds Ideal but I'm sure you can all imagine what happens once a 250 lb biker discovers the local retard writing him a ticket for leaving his chopper up on the mc clubs lawn.

or how the mayor reacts when the same retards ticketing the ambulance service' date=' first responders and fire department.

I shit you not this happened.

You have to think of Dante the same way, Just some Idiot who mindlessly logs on to see who he can ban for the slightest infraction egged on by a slew of ass kissing I wanna be a nexus moderator wannbes

[/quote']

Damn this is true, the worst part is hes like the retarded new police man recruit because when i argued with him he ended up not having all the answer and called the batallion of nexus moderators he even made robin scott fought me.