Thanks for the info but #1 can't be true. There was a small lake near Nightgate Inn that was more than knee deep and I could stand on it and I still couldn't bathe. I hope in the next versions it will be possible to bathe anywhere as long as there's a water source.

If I enable soaps do I need them to bathe or can I still bathe without them?

You can bathe without soap, but you won't get the "immaculate clean" status which boosts your speechcraft and you won't get the benefits of the soap (Lavender Soap = Health regenerates %50 faster, Spriggan Soap = Animals and Spriggan are non hostile). Without the soap, you can only get the "clean" status which is neutral (doesn't lower it but also doesn't raise it) to speechcraft.

Do you have a custom water mod installed (like W.A.T.E.R. - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux, which has build-in compatibility with Realistic Needs and Disease/Private Needs)? Install a compatibility patch or place the PrivateNeeds.esp below the custom water mod in the load order. You need to do this because Private Needs uses a damage of 0 attached to all watertypes to check if you are in water, so you can use the bath power. Custom water mods overwrite these settings so you can't use the bath power anymore.

@richard19840706 : It seems the update has encountered some delay, because you missed your own deadline of Friday of the previous week or the previous weekend. Can you provide us with a new ETA? I'm desperately to test the new version, because I can't release my own modern bathroom mod without it. 

Thanks for the info but #1 can't be true. There was a small lake near Nightgate Inn that was more than knee deep and I could stand on it and I still couldn't bathe. I hope in the next versions it will be possible to bathe anywhere as long as there's a water source.

If I enable soaps do I need them to bathe or can I still bathe without them?

You can bathe without soap, but you won't get the "immaculate clean" status which boosts your speechcraft and you won't get the benefits of the soap (Lavender Soap = Health regenerates %50 faster, Spriggan Soap = Animals and Spriggan are non hostile). Without the soap, you can only get the "clean" status which is neutral (doesn't lower it but also doesn't raise it) to speechcraft.

Do you have a custom water mod installed (like W.A.T.E.R. - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux, which has build-in compatibility with Realistic Needs and Disease/Private Needs)? Install a compatibility patch or place the PrivateNeeds.esp below the custom water mod in the load order. You need to do this because Private Needs uses a damage of 0 attached to all watertypes to check if you are in water, so you can use the bath power. Custom water mods overwrite these settings so you can't use the bath power anymore.

@richard19840706 : It seems the update has encountered some delay, because you missed your own deadline of Friday of the previous week or the previous weekend. Can you provide us with a new ETA? I'm desperately to test the new version, because I can't release my own modern bathroom mod without it. 

Thanks, that did the trick. I have Realistic Waters installed and I just placed Private Needs after it. I still wish for all water sources to be bath'able though.

How do you guys know about these soaps? Is there a readme somewhere where I can read more? Also, when I enable soaps, where can I find them?

Thanks, that did the trick. I have Realistic Waters installed and I just placed Private Needs after it. I still wish for all water sources to be bath'able though.

How do you guys know about these soaps? Is there a readme somewhere where I can read more? Also, when I enable soaps, where can I find them?

I use pure waters and I can't think I've ever had a problem with bathing

Soaps you have to make for yourself at a cooking pot/spit. You can see what you need if you look at the cooking recipe.

after uninstalling 2.11 wolves, bears, and spriggans will not attack me, I'm sure I fudged the uninstall somehow (excessive amounts of alcohol and modding skyrim don't mix lol ) is there a fix for this? tried using a save / script cleaner, failed. the save is still working but neither version of private needs will work properly on it. hopefully ther is a solution other than a new game

after uninstalling 2.11 wolves, bears, and spriggans will not attack me, I'm sure I fudged the uninstall somehow (excessive amounts of alcohol and modding skyrim don't mix lol ) is there a fix for this? tried using a save / script cleaner, failed. the save is still working but neither version of private needs will work properly on it. hopefully ther is a solution other than a new game

I ran into this same issue. I reinstalled PN then waited a few ingame days for the spriggan soap effect to wear off

I'd like to install this, but I have no idea which of the many file(s) to use. I can't find a guide to which one(s) to select. Can someone help me out here? I'm running RND, Sexlab, and I have Realistic Water Two, but my understanding is that placing the Private Needs esp(s) below the water mod in load order should suffice?

Edit: Per page 1 of the thread, is Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resource packaged with yours? I'm new to modding and hope to avoid making edits (e.g. "...add it as a sitting furniture in the CK and choose the front sitting position, for instance edit the CommonChair01F..."). Is this mod packaged in with any version of your mod, and if so, does it still require CK editing?

2.1 is the old version, which is ... old, but very stable. PN RND and PN SL are addons for that version.

3.0 is a new version. Which has its issues still (dunno about newest one which was just released). PN DD is an addon for 3.0.

If you want to just check it out and you dont rly know what you're doing i would say get 2.11 version.

2.1 is the old version, which is ... old, but very stable. PN RND and PN SL are addons for that version.

3.0 is a new version. Which has its issues still (dunno about newest one which was just released). PN DD is an addon for 3.0.

If you want to just check it out and you dont rly know what you're doing i would say get 2.11 version.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll go for 2.11, Private Needs-RND, and Private Needs-Sexlab then. I assume (via NMM) install 2.11, then PN-RND, then PN-SL, saying no on all "Newer Version" prompts if I get any?

And can you by any chance confirm whether I need to also install Strotis Outdoor Toilets Resource? Because as mentioned, I'm awfully hesitant to go making edits with Creation Kit just yet...still trying to get my bearings...is not having Strotis a dealbreaker for this mod?

Hi, both in the previous alpha version and this one the check needs button does not work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm, I thought I fixed it. I guess I'll have to look at it again.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll go for 2.11, Private Needs-RND, and Private Needs-Sexlab then. I assume (via NMM) install 2.11, then PN-RND, then PN-SL, saying no on all "Newer Version" prompts if I get any?

And can you by any chance confirm whether I need to also install Strotis Outdoor Toilets Resource? Because as mentioned, I'm awfully hesitant to go making edits with Creation Kit just yet...still trying to get my bearings...is not having Strotis a dealbreaker for this mod?

Yes, you need to install strotis's mod. But you don't need to make edits yourself. I've already added the outhouses at all major towns and most rural inns.

Richard19840706, thanks for the explanation (sorry, can't seem to quote from a previous page).

Last question/clarification- I just want to be sure we're talking about not needing to make the edit(s) as described on the page for Stroti's mod itself. I don't need to take those editing steps on his page, if I'm using it in tandem with your mod?

And, I've found elsewhere throughout this thread, that its ok to install his mod, and then disable the .esp for it, so that I'm only just using the meshes/textures. Do you have any recommendation on whether or not its safe to disable his .esp?

Thanks for your responses, all.

I seem to be having a rather annoying problem. Bath won't work every time I try to bathe the power does not do anything. I assumed this is because of Realistic Water Two so I disabled hygiene, but every time I relieve bowels no matter what I use it says, "I'm very disgusting right now". It does not matter if I wipe with Toilet paper, leather, rough paper it still does the same thing. What's the point in wiping if it's just going to do the same thing. Also, I can't clean myself off so I end up stuck with this effect.

a wierd thing also happened.. reloading saves, the MCM dissapeared :-S

That's odd, but type in the console "stopquest PrivateNeedsMCMconfigQuest" followed by "startquest PrivateNeedsMCMconfigQuest" should make the menu reappear.

I seem to be having a rather annoying problem. Bath won't work every time I try to bathe the power does not do anything. I assumed this is because of Realistic Water Two so I disabled hygiene, but every time I relieve bowels no matter what I use it says, "I'm very disgusting right now". It does not matter if I wipe with Toilet paper, leather, rough paper it still does the same thing. What's the point in wiping if it's just going to do the same thing. Also, I can't clean myself off so I end up stuck with this effect.

That's an oversight on my part. I forgot to stop the bowels and bladder from updating hygiene status if hygiene was disabled. I'll make a hotfix tomorrow as I really need to get some rest now.

how come realistic water two disables bathing when the mod knows im near water otherwise the option wouldn't even appear o.O how does this work?

Can't wait for this mod to finaly get out of alpha/beta states I've tryed your alpha releases off and on. Each time I've enountered a lot of script lag just to get annoyed and swap back to your last completed release. The lag wasn't cause by just your mod I've been expermenting with a lot of mods latley not one of my girls have made it past whiterun in over a month lol. If I wasn't such a realizism fanatcic I probally wouldn't even bother but I am so I'll keep waiting. Odds are when you get the hygeine bug fixed I'll try it again I use piure waters myself. I do know rnd uses a patch for it cause it mods something with the default water so rnd with the patch can't reconize you standing in it.