thanks for the mod! be nice if in the future, the outhouses in Windhelm could be moved behind the Candlehearth instead of in that lil alley at the side. i've npcs that have trouble navigating the outhouses in that narrow alley

Hmm with version 2.1 I have not had that happen to me at all. NPCs will casually walk past the outhouses (I know they are taking a sneak peek!) and not bump or touch them. Perhaps there could be a time when too many NPCs are travelling that same corridor at once but I have not seen that happen either.

thanks for the mod! be nice if in the future, the outhouses in Windhelm could be moved behind the Candlehearth instead of in that lil alley at the side. i've npcs that have trouble navigating the outhouses in that narrow alley

Hmm with version 2.1 I have not had that happen to me at all. NPCs will casually walk past the outhouses (I know they are taking a sneak peek!) and not bump or touch them. Perhaps there could be a time when too many NPCs are travelling that same corridor at once but I have not seen that happen either.

thanks. well some of my npcs are bumping them. i do have a few added npcs there but not many. plus it seems a lil odd to have poopers right at a public walkway. there's quite a bit of room behind Candlehearth (opposite side of the entrance w/ the sign), and only some snow drifts would need moved. it'd still be close to the public but at least not where they're forced to walk

How close is this mod to RND? I realy like RND mechanics and didn't find anything that can replace it yet. Would be good to know about differences first.

Can Private Needs just replace RND if properly shut down? I am using latest (last) version and need it to work with Requiem patch. I am guessing yes since patches usually update food values but always safer to ask.

Any plans to add some UI bars or icons as indicators of states?

PN doesn't replace any parts of RND. It is intended to work alongside it.

RND = Eating, Drinking, Sleeping, Diseases and Alcohol

PN = Bladder, Bowels and Bathing

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion for ya ^.^

Edit: Richard has stated he is intending to create his own needs system that would effectively replace RND. But I believe that is purely in the conceptual stage at this point.

RND is dead, no longer supported by the mod's author.  iNeeds was created to continue RND, though it is different, however it does work with PN 2.11, I have yet to try it with 3.0, it should work though.  It does add a few differences that I do like.  Since I use Realistic Wildlife and Loot mod and EBS , I will be making a patch for myself to make it better for me.

thanks. well some of my npcs are bumping them. i do have a few added npcs there but not many. plus it seems a lil odd to have poopers right at a public walkway. there's quite a bit of room behind Candlehearth (opposite side of the entrance w/ the sign), and only some snow drifts would need moved. it'd still be close to the public but at least not where they're forced to walk

Some of the outhouse positions area a little bit weird but it doesn't bother me. Riverwood is an example of great placement. There are a few other weird spots behind some inns. I can't remember the location but a few of the inns have trees so close to the outhouses that they hide them and you have to go into first person or you won't even see them. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to add an outhouse anywhere through console and it will work but I would really love one near the hearthfire homes, outside. Actually one downstairs would be great too. It's kind weird to build this great big house and then have to go outside and pee on the cold rocks.

On another note I switched from iNeeds to RND because Vampiric Thirst supports it (you can bottle blood and drink it later from RND empty bottles and they are both compatible with Requiem) as well and PN has a plugin too. IIRC iNeeds had, at one time, an option to make followers need to eat, I'm not sure if that was fully developed. I would love an iNeeds and PN system for followers as well. RND is no longer supported but all it's features work fine, I haven't had any bugs with it.

@Richard : I think I've sorta fixed the followerurinatequest. The quest didn't start because of empty alias which couldn't be filled at the beginning of the quest. I have included a script named FillToiletAliasScript which still has a few debug.notification lines, do as you will with those. I've also replaced the non-voiced responses with shared (voiced) dialogue lines as best I could but you need some imagination to fill the blanks, do as you will with those.

Also I have finished my mod Strotis Bathroom Private Needs edition if you could test this as well, that would be great. Type coc bathroom to travel to the test cell.

PrivateNeeds Follower Fix.rar

Stroti Bathroom Private Needs.rar

Does anyone know if Private Needs Tbucket is compatible with 3.0?

No, because it still uses the old Private Needs 2.11 "privateneeds.esp" as master plugin. The mods based on Private Needs 2.11 need to be updated to work with Private Needs 3.0.

Has anyone use PureWater with private Needs.  I just switch from realistic water which work with PN but Purewater does not work.  Is there a patch for Pure Waters

Not that I know of, but you can make your own compatibility patch by loading pure waters and Private Needs in CK, go to watertypes and check the box "Causes" and leave damage to 0 of each "normal" watertype. Save the patch and leave it at the bottom of your load order list. I don't know if this is required but you might need to add "privateneedsNEW.esp" as master to your compatibility patch in Wrye Bash (right click menu, add master).

Some of the outhouse positions area a little bit weird but it doesn't bother me. Riverwood is an example of great placement. There are a few other weird spots behind some inns. I can't remember the location but a few of the inns have trees so close to the outhouses that they hide them and you have to go into first person or you won't even see them. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to add an outhouse anywhere through console and it will work but I would really love one near the hearthfire homes, outside. Actually one downstairs would be great too. It's kind weird to build this great big house and then have to go outside and pee on the cold rocks.

On another note I switched from iNeeds to RND because Vampiric Thirst supports it (you can bottle blood and drink it later from RND empty bottles and they are both compatible with Requiem) as well and PN has a plugin too. IIRC iNeeds had, at one time, an option to make followers need to eat, I'm not sure if that was fully developed. I would love an iNeeds and PN system for followers as well. RND is no longer supported but all it's features work fine, I haven't had any bugs with it.

Which version of PN are you using? 2.11 or 3.0?  I ask because I have created outhouses for the Hearthfire homes for v 2.11 and will, in time, do so for 3.0

Bug report: Mm, just so you know richard, the 'sexlab' section is broken. It says it requires "PrivateNeeds.esp", where as the private needs verion 3.0alpha 5 installs one called "PrivateNeedsNew.esp", which is what the devious devices version requires.

I've attached a replacement esp with no scripts and no dependencies below (used Ithlia's outdoor design from her Cabin of Riverwood/Falkreath mod, all credits must go to her), use the "urinate/defecate" hotkey when you are seated, the locations of the outhouses are the same as with the "Outhouse of Skyrim" mod (but with two extra outhouses, one in Markarth and one near Anise's Cabin with a pull chain which activates a trap door inside the latrine itself for cleaning the waste gathered after use), disable the "Stroti Outhouse modding resource" as they might conflict with this little mod. Works with both the 2.11 version and 3.0 version.

I've made a compatibility patch for the Ithliaouthouse.esp which you can find in the post above (click the two speech bubbles in the right corner of the quote), this patch adds the istoilet keyword so Private Needs can detect it as being a toilet. This is recommended for the Private Needs follower fix I've provided in the previous post. Just place the esp in the Data folder and enable in Skyrim Launcher > Data Files or install/activate it through NMM. Keep it at the bottom of the load order list.

To start the FollowerUrinateQuest, type setstage FollowerUrinateQuest 0 in the console. The quest won't start automatically (I've tried enabling Start Game Enabled in CK but then the quest won't start at all -> this needs to be fixed in the future, maybe an additional SkyUI/MCM option would do the trick).

Edit : Outdated version of outhouse mod removed, please download the latest version here.

Yes, uninstall the meshes and textures, because when testing my mod with these enabled, the Stroti's Outdoor toilets would show up where ever Ithilia's did (I don't know why because I checked the ESP and there was no outhouse in it and Outhouses of Skyrim was disabled). Also it's very important that  you install the latest ZAZ Animation Pack as some bugs have been fixed including a peeing bug. Please understand that this 3.0 version is an alpha version so a lot of bugs can happen on different Skyrim configurations. Try loading a previous save (before installing the 3.0 version) and reconfigure the mod. I use the "U" button as hotkey for "Urinate/Defecate" and "P" button for "Check Private Needs".

Could you provide a link to Ithlia's mod?  Could not find it.

Yes, uninstall the meshes and textures, because when testing my mod with these enabled, the Stroti's Outdoor toilets would show up where ever Ithilia's did (I don't know why because I checked the ESP and there was no outhouse in it and Outhouses of Skyrim was disabled). Also it's very important that  you install the latest ZAZ Animation Pack as some bugs have been fixed including a peeing bug. Please understand that this 3.0 version is an alpha version so a lot of bugs can happen on different Skyrim configurations. Try loading a previous save (before installing the 3.0 version) and reconfigure the mod. I use the "U" button as hotkey for "Urinate/Defecate" and "P" button for "Check Private Needs".

Could you provide a link to Ithlia's mod?  Could not find it.

Which mod? The outhouse mod or the Cabin of Falkreath/Riverwood mod?

I put the outhouse mod in the attachment below. The other two mods are offline, I can't help you there.

Edit : Outdated version of outhouse mod removed, please download the latest version here.

Which version of PN are you using? 2.11 or 3.0?  I ask because I have created outhouses for the Hearthfire homes for v 2.11 and will, in time, do so for 3.0

I am using 2.11 at the moment. I haven't tried the portable TBucket yet.

I would love to get followers to work with PN 2.11. In the previous posts Bruce mentioned it, I am a little confused with all the files posted and for which PN version they are for. Would someone mind posting a small guide to get followers working.

I am using 2.11 at the moment. I haven't tried the portable TBucket yet.

I would love to get followers to work with PN 2.11. In the previous posts Bruce mentioned it, I am a little confused with all the files posted and for which PN version they are for. Would someone mind posting a small guide to get followers working.

All the files I have provided so far are for version 3.0 of the Private Needs mod. TBucket, NPC Private Needs and Outhouses of Skyrim are mods which are made for Private Needs 2.11. You can't use mods made for Private Needs  2.11 on the Private Needs 3.0 and vice-versa because of the mod's complete redesign.

Fun mod, thanks.

Is there a visual effect for leaking? I got the impression there is supposed to be, but I don't see one when I get the 'down the leg' message.

An idea - an option to have play a randomly chosen animation rather than have the same one each time.

And maybe drop the hygene level down 1 when taking a swim, so you can jump in for a 'quick clean', but still need to activate the animation/'scrub up' if dirtier.

I installed the Strotis Outhouse of Skyrim and so far I have yet to see a single one of them. I remember seeing them when I was running PN 2.11 though.

Did I miss something or is this by design, as of now? Not too critical though, since I can take a crap by the river or something.

Check your installation of Strotis, the outhouses should all be in their usual places

Thanks, I actually found them near the inns. Perhaps I might have installed some other mods that placed outhouses by the side of the main roads.

Also, something that troubles me for a while. After relieving myself at the outhouses I would often get stuck after standing up. I would either try to sprint and hopefully get loose or sit down and stand up again, having the pop up menu appear twice or thrice after doing that. Does anybody experience the same thing or is it just me?

yeah i think all PN outhouses are behind and/or very close to Inns. i get the "trapped" in outhouse thing too. have to tcl out. dunno what causes that

I will sometimes have an animation occur, and then I get teleported back to wherever the last loading zone I went through was. Anyone know what this might be? I remember reading about this a few times but it's been lon

i used to get that same thing too! never knew what did it. the glitch or whatever would also bring up the lockpick scene too, tho that was rarer. mainly is just sent me back to last door entered.

i've been reading thru here and not seen an answer to my problem. basically i can't bathe. i'll be dirty, have the bath spell equipped, using Realistic Water 2 w/ needs patch (i need that right?), and have soap (tried both w/ n w/o soap enabled). when i use the spell, my compass up top disappears. that's it. if i sneak stoop then use the spell, i stand up quickly and compass disappears. that's all. if i try the spell in deep water treading, then it tells me i can't bathe while swimming. what am i doing wrong?!

That's a great mod ! I'm really enjoing it so far, thanks a lot !

I used the 3.0, the 3.0Alpha5 but it tends to crash my Skyrim from time to time, so I decided to use the 2.11 and it's really great and all but... is there a reason why I can't toggle the option "Bursts when bladder is full" ??

How do I use the bath spell, because when I use the "power" nothing happends just the compass dissapear for 1 sec and how do I use the soap I add me via command just to try them but it says "you cant equip this item"

exact same problem here. need help please. using Realistic Water 2. have tried a "needs" patch that was made for WATER mod, and it had worked in the past but not now. any help please

edit; oddly i can bathe with this mod normally, in Morthal, in the water around the city (i have ETAC. that make a diff?)...so this mod is working. just nowhere else can i find water that'll work