Another change of plans for 3.0. I'm discarding RND and creating an entirely new system to handle food, water, and sleep.

I've really want to create a realistic system that mimics a living person as good as the game can handle. I'm not very good at describing, or rather, there is just too much I want to do that I can't fully describe everything at once, so I'll announce things as they come along.

So the first announcement should be that I have overhauled how the existing scripts work which should run more efficiently.

I've also finished planning how to begin my replacement for RND.(Already have alot of pseudo-code ready to be turned into real code)

My replacement for RND should have nearly all it's features as well as some new ones.

edit: I can make nude suits after I finish the complete overhaul is done for 3.0.

Could you PLEEEAASEEEEE add a option to DISABLE the eat, food, sleep and water requirements from the urinating/defacting parts of the mod?  There are a lot of us who DON"T use RND but use other mods like IMCN which handles the eating/metabolic requirements just fine.  So that would pose a potential conflict with a global and popular mod like IMCN.

Also mods like Realistic Room Rentals and ETaC may have scripts which might end up being incompatible with any sleep scripts you're adding.  I personally use both these mods and getting them to work together (since they alter tavern interiors) was a challenge. RRR in particular, alters the bed ownership requirements by randomizing which bed your char will sleep in each time they visit a tavern or inn.  So that's just something to consider in future.

One final note: realism RPG mods like Watch you Sleep will definitely create incompatibilities with a sleep feature in the future.  So that would eliminate ppl who're using mods like that.  

So please consider making a separate, independent esp for only the peeing/defacting and bathing functions.  This would really help out those of us who have many global RPG mods.   Because to date, the way these function in the mod now (minus the hiccups some folks have posted here) are practically perfect.  I haven't had any issues with direct CTD caused by mods like IMCN, N. Bath houses, ETaC, RRR, Showers of Skyrim, getting dirty with Battle Fatigue & Injuries (other than the broken water script issues & other wierd error msgs I'm getting from waterfall scripts). 

@SkyrimFreak and others who this may concern

Private Needs 3.0's own eating, drinking, bathing and sleeping features will be completely optional and toggleable(maybe as an addon esp maybe not, but it will not be required to use the urinate and defecate features), and will be built in a way such that it will be relatively easy to make it compatible with other needs mods. This is also why it is going to take a long time to complete it since it is almost a complete rebuild rather than and update.

The reason why I'm creating a new basic needs mod is that I find that Realistic Needs and Diseases and Imps More Complex Needs aren't releastic enough in my opinion. The extent of how realistic my mod will be is to simulate, as well as the game engine will allow, the entire digestive system and possibly more. To accomplish this, I've gathered some real life data and extarpolated from it a entire set of new data that allows me to model physical bodily processes such as digestion and metabolisim. Unit values in Private Needs 3.0's basic needs systems will directly corrispond to actual real life units such as calories, grams and litres. The primary adjustable setting, as in adjustable by the user in MCM, will the player's weight in kilograms(or pounds) which will determine how much food you body needs, how fast your body digests food, how metabolizes energy and water(basically how fast your body uses up energy and produces waste material such as urine and feces), how much urine your bladder can hold, how much fecal matter your bowels can hold.

Also, specically about SkyrimFreaks question about the bathing script. Due to the nature of how Skyrim handles normal water(as in water from lakes, rivers, ponds and the ocean), there is no scripting function that can actually detect whether or not the player is in normal water. The workaround is to set all water types to dangerous water, which is water that can do damage, but setting the actually damage done to 0, and use a condition function set in the magic effect "isindangerouswaters" to detect whether or not the player is in water. However, by doing so, the script, or rather the magic effect that uses the script, will only run if the player is in water; the magic effect cannot detect any other type of water. This is why there is two scripts that take care of bathing. One takes care of bathing the player when the player is in normal water, and the other takes care of, currently only waterfalls, but realistically can be, everything else.

It's good to hear that the eat, drink and sleep part of the mod will be optional. Not that I don't want it (personally I like the idea of the immersion you're going for), but rather my game is already heavily loaded with scripts and a simple timer like what RND has is good enough for me. In addition, RND also has compatibility patches out the yinyang - the biggest of which for me is for Hunterborn.

Is the SexLab framework open enough that you could tear into that and see how they did it?

Perhaps, but my priority is to finish the new Private Needs framework first.

I don't think sexlab has auto equiping of wet textures while having sex, unless you are reffering to the ability of player to forward/rewind animations with hotkey use

Neither of the above.  I was referencing SexLab's animation looping.

@SkyrimFreak and others who this may concern

Private Needs 3.0's own eating, drinking, bathing and sleeping features will be completely optional and toggleable(maybe as an addon esp maybe not, but it will not be required to use the urinate and defecate features), and will be built in a way such that it will be relatively easy to make it compatible with other needs mods. This is also why it is going to take a long time to complete it since it is almost a complete rebuild rather than and update.

The reason why I'm creating a new basic needs mod is that I find that Realistic Needs and Diseases and Imps More Complex Needs aren't releastic enough in my opinion. The extent of how realistic my mod will be is to simulate, as well as the game engine will allow, the entire digestive system and possibly more. To accomplish this, I've gathered some real life data and extarpolated from it a entire set of new data that allows me to model physical bodily processes such as digestion and metabolisim. Unit values in Private Needs 3.0's basic needs systems will directly corrispond to actual real life units such as calories, grams and litres. The primary adjustable setting, as in adjustable by the user in MCM, will the player's weight in kilograms(or pounds) which will determine how much food you body needs, how fast your body digests food, how metabolizes energy and water(basically how fast your body uses up energy and produces waste material such as urine and feces), how much urine your bladder can hold, how much fecal matter your bowels can hold.

Also, specically about SkyrimFreaks question about the bathing script. Due to the nature of how Skyrim handles normal water(as in water from lakes, rivers, ponds and the ocean), there is no scripting function that can actually detect whether or not the player is in normal water. The workaround is to set all water types to dangerous water, which is water that can do damage, but setting the actually damage done to 0, and use a condition function set in the magic effect "isindangerouswaters" to detect whether or not the player is in water. However, by doing so, the script, or rather the magic effect that uses the script, will only run if the player is in water; the magic effect cannot detect any other type of water. This is why there is two scripts that take care of bathing. One takes care of bathing the player when the player is in normal water, and the other takes care of, currently only waterfalls, but realistically can be, everything else.

I dont mean to neglect your hard work, but its extreme overkill if u ask me.  sounds like it will be too much heavy scripts for just a simple mod.  I have enough heavily scripted mods, im not going to cause more stress on papyrus just to drop a deuce.  the only thing wrong with this mod is u cant take a dump indoors or even in parts of the sewer.  thats the only thing u really need to fix imo.

I hope u would include a lite version that works like the current one just with being able to relieve yourself where u want.

For those who are concerned about script load. You can be assured that the script load will not be anymore cumbersome than most other needs mod such as RND and Imps. Also, the initial reason for 3.0 was to streamline the existing scripts for relieving the bowels and bladder which as of this post is nearly done. In 3.0 you will be prompt whether or not you want to do it indoors(excluding places like dungeons, caves, wherever appropriate) or while someone is within seeing range.

As for werewolves, as soon as someone makes the animations for it, I'll do it.

Glad to see richard chugging along strong still after me just getting back to Skyrim again. So long as the next system will allow us to do our business anywhere we want to again (if a restriction system is really desired, why not use a similar system to Sexlab submit's guard detection so you are fined when you're spotted) and a bathing system that is either longer, or we can personally set. Now, some of my concerns may be already accounted or, so forgive me for any repetitions. 

The wet texture will also be a big bonus for the project, but not essential! Good work Richard again. 

Greetings,

I was wondering if it were possible for you to make.. if you are going to add eating and drinking and such to the mod... it compatible with this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26271/?

Since I rather love that mod and it works seamlessly with RND which is what I use right now. Oh.. and this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17836/?

Since those two mods along with this.... Ok I can't add that one cause Nexus is ... down.. of course... 

Oh and Osare Food which I have just discovered.. sorry if this is asking too much. I was just curious :) Thanks for your hard work!

-C

@Carida

Eating will be animated definitely. I can add patches for the other two to make them work with 3.0.

Also, just finished overhauling the bladder, and finished the thirst system. Not fully tested it yet though. Next up will be food and bowels. There will be an alpha release after food and bowels are done along with an RND patch for the alpha.

@Carida

Eating will be animated definitely. I can add patches for the other two to make them work with 3.0.

Also, just finished overhauling the bladder, and finished the thirst system. Not fully tested it yet though. Next up will be food and bowels. There will be an alpha release after food and bowels are done along with an RND patch for the alpha.

Sounds good! I'd be happy to try, I'm constantly starting new games anyway lol

-C

Richard,

Not sure if I already wrote to thank you for this mod. It adds a lot to immersion to have the inconveniences of real life in the game too. This is another great addition to the many "needs" mods out there. I can't see myself ever playing without it.

Could we please have an option where females can use the male animations too ?

I could be wrong since i don't have this installed at the moment but if i remember correctly there should be "treat as male" option there somewhere in the mcm menu?

Thanks, found it!

Hm...now the only thing we could get, is a puddle that shows up better : )

Isn't that more of a suggestion for the ZaZ thread? The piss is from that resource.

Anyway, I'm finally learning 3DSMax and Photoshop in school, so I may actually be able to do that myself, if I'm lucky (and skilled).

I'll try to look at the piss sometime soon and see if I can swap the textures from Estrus into the piss anim.

If not, I'll make it a personal goal to create a piss anim from scratch. I have some serious geniuses in school who are eager to help me, so I will be modding fairly soon.

LL 4 Life

hi, this mod is amazing! I was searching for a mod that make me have to bath in order to clean the cum effects from my character and found this! thanks!

now a question that I dont know if can be implemented by your mod or the RND one:

What if you dont take a bath within some time you start to smell bad and reducing you speechcraft and you sneaking levels? And then predators (animals, monsters) would find you much more easily!

sorry if I'm wrong in asking it here.