I'm interested in offering a suggestion, though I don't know how practical it is yet to implement. 

1. Audio. You know how your character walks on grass and it sounds like they're walking on grass. (Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle) And then there's a different sound effect for when they are walking on wooden floors (Thud, thud, thud), or if they are trudging through snow? (Crunch, crunch, crunch)

Currently when my character piddles, she releases the full force of a bathtub faucet. Could we tone it down a bit? And have area recognition? 

-Peeing in the woods: 

-Peeing in rocky areas:

-Peeing while standing in water:

-Peeing while standing on a wooden floor (I want this for places like the interior of Dragon's Reach. However, I can't really find any good examples of water on wood action.)

2. On a different note, is it possible to play the defecate animation without forcing the urination animation at the same time? (I'm currently using Poop Overhaul version since that version is most stable for me.)

Here's what I mean:

When my character pees, she squats down, and there is a peeing animation.

When my character poops, she squats down, and there is a peeing animation, and eventually she poops as well. 

(Can we make two separate animations so that they feel different? One with the stream of urine, and then identical poses that excludes the urine stream effect so that the poop can take center stage?)

Thank you for humoring me and taking the time to read my request. Good luck on your current update~

Great sounds, I love it!

I don't know how guys poop (well I do know), but as a girl, when I have to poop, I pee a bit, then I poop and I finish with the final amount of pee (hehe, this is the first time I post this on a forum). I can't poop without peeing.

@MasterYodaa:

When you put it like that, I guess it doesn't bother me as much~

On a side note, I was thinking to myself, (As I was playing with a multitude of other mods available here), why haven't I just changed the audio myself. (I can't make different sound effects depending on location like I want, but at least I know how to trade the original sound for one less dramatic)

Normally I can't make changes to sound effects in Skyrim unless I download a mod that does it for me (until recently), and then I just switch out the .wav file with another .wav I've prepared. (For instance, there is a Nyan-root mod that makes your Nirnroots sing. If I wanted, I could just make a different Audio .wav file and make my nirnroots sound any way I wanted.)

But, when looking through my Data/Sound/FX folder, there is no Private Needs folder, or "Pee" folder or anything like that. 

Recently I taught myself how to tear apart BSA's and find the files within. So I took a look inside the Private Needs BSA, but only found 3 .wav files within. (The ones for pooping). I scratched my head and was like, "Wtf... where did they put them". I would have checked the Zaz Animation Pack BSA.... except there isn't one. And then I just felt stupid and sat sulking in the corner for an hour.

I want to apologize to the people who were expecting an update soon. Recently, after reviewing some of my scripts, I've come to realize that my current scripts are quite messy and might be quite inefficient at handling certain events. That being said I am going to completely re-organize the scripts of Private Needs, which may take a while. In any case, the next version to come out will be Private Needs 3.0.

I wish I'd read this before installing PN in a brand new game from helgen. :(

I'm using the MCM version of PN and now running into a game breaking problem.  If you make the mistake of activating the bowels module, the defaction script is unreliable.  The first time my char tried to defacate in the Strotki toilet outhouse, I got a pop up to either "force it out" or "stop and try later". So I assumed he was constipated (although he never got a message on this) and picked the 2nd option.

Problem was char was continually peeing and couldn't stop.  I tried making him urinate and the animations for this worked fine.  But he continued peeing after that.  I couldn't find a way to restart the mod in MCM. so then I made the critical mistake of disabling the bowels module in MCM.  Then saved the game  to new save and then loaded that new save (not by quick save or quick reload).

That's when my save game began CTD.  So apparently MCM and the save game are extremely finnicky to minor tweaks in the PN mod features.  Problem now is all my saves from helgen to present have had the PN mod with the bowels module enabled.  So there isn't a way to to load a prior save without the PN mod enabled. Here's what papyrus log consistently outputs before the CTD

[01/18/2014 - 01:57:45PM] warning: Variable ::SexLab_var on script zbfsexlab has an invalid type sexlabframework loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

Is there some way to manually restart the mod? i.e. if I copied a fresh copy of the esp into Data folder?  Although I'm wondering this might make the situation worse, since the urination and hygenics modules would be reset?  So the save game would have issues with fact PN (while loaded in the mod deck) is no longer operational (as all 3 modules would be reset)?

been thinking of using this but i'm so low on esp room, and i guess this takes about 4 plugins to get going. zaz, this, outhouses. but i'm a sucker for little immersive animations. could someone please make a video of this, especially the facial pee/poo expressions and the bathing anim. because i'm having all kindsa problems getting this to work. i think Realistic Water Two is killing the bathing, and if i use the mouth and brow tri files from ZAZ (which i'm assuming is needed for the bathroom face expressions) then it messes w/ peoples faces. my pc and a lot of ladies will smile weird and their eyebrows go inside their foreheads.

so any videos of the facial anims at least?

edit: dammit. it is Real Water Two breaking bathing. any patches for that anywhere?

and is there a visual to getting dirty? dusty overlay, smelly fog cloud ect?

In the next version there will be visuals to getting dirty. How is Realistic Water Two breaking bathing? What exactly happens when you use the bathing spell? As for the facial animations, I really don't have a clue. They work fine in my game. Have you tried pulling the facial animation strength slider all the way to  100.

RW2 breaks bathing because it changes water somehow and i guess bathing is looking for you to be in vanilla water before it kicks in. apparently all the water mods break "needs" type mods, like the ones that require you to fill bottles of water from streams to drink so you don't dehydrate. i'm guessing it's the same kind of breaking w/ bathing. any water mod breaks bathing in this mod too...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29025/?

that one has a dirty visual btw^. not great tho.

anyway, it seems the water mods (RW2, WATER) have made patches for these needs mods. specifically Realistic Needs and Diseases, but they also work w/ Drink Eat Sleep Bath, and also your mod. unfortunately these patches remove the splash effect from water. so when you jump in, or water hits rocks, there's no longer splash effects. that's a pretty big deal for me. any way to make a patch for Private Needs and RW2?

Well my dirt effects ain't too great either. Regarding RW2, to make water mods compatible with Realistic Needs and my you have to forgo the splash effects and install the Realistic Needs patch. Otherwise the script can't detect whether or not you're in the water. There is no work arounds so far to my knowledge.

well perhaps a decent solution would be to remove just the bathing aspect's reliance on water altogether. let the player use their judgment, restraint, and ability to roleplay to determine when to use the power that removes the dirt shader and starts a bathing animation. that way you get all the benefits of the bathing feature, without the drawbacks, and you still have all the rest of the needs, script/time based, and working as usual.

I wish to 2nd this suggestion as well.  the recently updated W.A.T.E.R (and WATER Redux 2) mods break the bathing animation in PN.  Prior to the 1.09 base game update, my char could bathe just about anywhere.  And this included any natural water body, provided the water was at least 2 cm deep. Places like

- in the Riften canals while standing on the bottom most ladder rung leading down into the water

- anywhere inside and outside Whiterun's creeks/streams and rapids

- inside the water pools in the TG Cistern and Ragged Flagon

- in the lake at the Riften docks, or in coastal areas  etc. etc. 

But since the 1.09 update, the WATER mod was updated.  So now my char is restricted to showering only in water that has a waterfall nearby.  Which is somewhat unrealistic.  More specifically, My char has only been able to bathe at that small waterfall across the bridge at Whiterun, the waterfall by the your char's bed in the TG, and right under the large waterfall across from the Whiterun meadery.  I haven't been able to verify other waterfall locations due to the current CTD however.

But the indoor bathing areas like the Solitude shower room (if N. Bathouses is installed) and Showers in Inns areas still seem to work.

So I'd recommend removing the waterfall and/or all water being present requirement.  That way, your char could shower wherever they wanted (giving the player the max freedom to determine where this would be) yet still gain the hygeine benefits.  So regardless of whether they shower in the frigid waters of the SOG, or that creek by the smith's shop in Whiterun, your char still would get the same immculately clean buff. 

i wish not to go through around 70 pages of comments, but i am new to modding, and i have absolutely no clue how to install this mod in particular. when i open the file in win.rar i get a 5 folders. an interface, meshes a BSA, BSL, and ESP file. from here i have noclue what i am supposed to do.

Paste all the folders and it's contents inside the data folder of your skyrim installation.The data folder is where the skyrim executable is.All mods are installed this way with very few exeptions.Though since you are asking such a basic question,before installing this mod (private needs) or any other mod of this kind you really should look up for things like skse,fnis,mcm, skyUI and how they work.

It's good to have a mod that add more realism (beside realistic need and disease).

My suggestion is:

- Could you add more explanation on MCM menu.

- Option to make the piss animation faster, with more appropriate sound, and water animation (pissing) that's not too exaggerate. 

And it would be great if we could bath without being dirty, it just doesn't make sense to wait for the moment of being unkempt or dirty.

i agree. Being a low level who needs better prices, waiting to become dirty is rather time consuming.

I would like an Open Cities patch for the toilets, now that we have more stability with the memory allocation.

And it would be great if we could bath without being dirty, it just doesn't make sense to wait for the moment of being unkempt or dirty.

If I have time, and if I don't feel too exhausted after I finish overhauling Private Needs. I'll do a patch for open cities.

I can add in bathing without being to dirty in 3.0, but I'll just say that bathing way too often when not dirty will have its consequences.

It's good to have a mod that add more realism (beside realistic need and disease).

My suggestion is:

- Option to make the piss animation faster, with more appropriate sound, and water animation (pissing) that's not too exaggerate. 

I can add more explanation in the MCM menu, but I can't really do anything about the animations. Currently you can change how long you stay in animation for, but actually making your character look like he or she is pissing faster is out of my abilities.

I'm also quite pleased to say that 3.0 will come with updated RND integration which will be much more realistic. I've recently designed an entirely new way to handle how the food and water you eat in RND correlates to how your bladder and bowels fill in Private Needs.

My suggestion is:

I can add more explanation in the MCM menu, but I can't really do anything about the animations. Currently you can change how long you stay in animation for, but actually making your character look like he or she is pissing faster is out of my abilities.

I'm also quite pleased to say that 3.0 will come with updated RND integration which will be much more realistic. I've recently designed an entirely new way to handle how the food and water you eat in RND correlates to how your bladder and bowels fill in Private Needs.

I mean, is it possible to make the PC stay in animation faster. The minimum point available on MCM is 10. It'd be better if I could set it lower (for the not to full bladder).

I find that the mod doesn't clean the cum in face and breast after bathing. Could it be done?

Somehow my PC can only piss but she can't defecate even though she have eaten a food. Is there something I need to do to make my PC defecate.

It doesn't clean up blood either, neither will it make you "dirty" in any way (playing with Hunterborn for example).

I don't think there is a global way of detecting and cleaning the stuff on the body but I might be wrong.

@anolbee: But the character is releasing it?

Or is simply nothing happen? Because this could be a script problem, might want to check your papyrus logs.

I'll lower the minimum time setting in mcm in the next version then.

Blood and cum cleaning doesn't always work perfectly. The sexlab addon plugin cleaned cum quite well until Sexlab 1.30 based on my own observations. Blood cleaning on the other hand is quite random. There's is a line of code that is supposed to clean blood, but I'm almost certain it either only works occasionally or doesn't work at all. In any case, these problems should be resolved in the next version.

edit: Make sure the excrement point per hour setting in the mcm is anything other that zero. If you have the RND addon installed. Then you need to eat something and your bowels will start to fill according to your mcm setting.

Love the idea of this mod, it adds that extra level of realism to the game.

Would it be possible to add an option when peeing/pooping to use NudeSuits instead of just the stripping armor options? I personally prefer using the Underwear models for normal plan and NudeSuits when using the other SexLabs mods. This means i don't leave naked bodies all over Skyrim, i at least let them die with some dignity :D

Currently when my character needs to go it goes in its underwear.

I think there needs to be Devious Devices integration aswell. Although the chastity belt has a urination option (not sure if it's tied in with this mod) someone with a chastity belt can still go number 2 - with a buttplug locked in place by said belt.

I personally don't use Devious Devices, but I'm not opposed to integrated Private Needs with it. However, since I'm not too familiar with the chastity belts in Devious Devices, I'm open to suggestion on how the mod should handle going number with the chastity belts.

This would be great. If you are anal plugged you are really in troubles .... (could cause severe bowel damage)

I would like an Open Cities patch for the toilets, now that we have more stability with the memory allocation.

If I have time, and if I don't feel too exhausted after I finish overhauling Private Needs. I'll do a patch for open cities.

I can add in bathing without being to dirty in 3.0, but I'll just say that bathing way too often when not dirty will have its consequences.

My suggestion is:

I like the way this mod is going to be developed.

Plz add some points to dirt after every sex.

If it is posssible then bathing should also remove blood.

And dont forget to take into account that running all the time (what most PC are doing) reduces the amount of piss accumulating over time  :cool:

Well at least it should be more customizable.

Appreciate your mod. Thank you richard19840706

Another change of plans for 3.0. I'm discarding RND and creating an entirely new system to handle food, water, and sleep.

I've really want to create a realistic system that mimics a living person as good as the game can handle. I'm not very good at describing, or rather, there is just too much I want to do that I can't fully describe everything at once, so I'll announce things as they come along.

So the first announcement should be that I have overhauled how the existing scripts work which should run more efficiently.

I've also finished planning how to begin my replacement for RND.(Already have alot of pseudo-code ready to be turned into real code)

My replacement for RND should have nearly all it's features as well as some new ones.

edit: I can make nude suits after I finish the complete overhaul is done for 3.0.