Another change of plans for 3.0. I'm discarding RND and creating an entirely new system to handle food, water, and sleep.

Hmm, RND is widely supported in terms of compatibility and pretty much feature complete though.

It would be nice to have it at least compatible for a while before you force an entirely new system to people.

Another change of plans for 3.0. I'm discarding RND and creating an entirely new system to handle food, water, and sleep.

Hmm, RND is widely supported in terms of compatibility and pretty much feature complete though.

It would be nice to have it at least compatible for a while before you force an entirely new system to people.

I will definitely try and make my mod compatible with as many mod RND is compatible with.

That being said, it is also possible with my current new framework for Private Needs, to make RND compatible Private Needs instead of the other way around as it with all 2.x versions.

I am currently using RND as sort of a gold standard, meaning, if all goes as planned, Private Needs 3.0 will have at least as many features as RND and be at least compatible with as many mods RND is compatible with.

The main reason I'll don't want to use RND anymore is I really don't think it is realistic enough. (I'm using here "realistic" liberally)

As to how "realistic" I intend to make Private Needs, I currently can't say exactly. However, I currently have, as in currently defined in my scripts, not only the bladder and bowels simulated, but also the stomach and general body.

Hi, I installed this mod manually and was able to get an animation to happen when entering "player.playidle zazapcao101" in the console. However, how can I access the full features of the mod? This person was able to use all features in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKcdh4fD-4. Do you need MCM? I tried looking for it but read that it combined with SkyUI. I am a bit confused. Thanks!

Edit: I basically need simple instructions on how to use this mod since I didn't see any on the first page. I am not very experienced with mods. I do not have any spells/powers in my magic menu for this mod. help please

I will definitely try and make my mod compatible with as many mod RND is compatible with.

That being said, it is also possible with my current new framework for Private Needs, to make RND compatible Private Needs instead of the other way around as it with all 2.x versions.

I am currently using RND as sort of a gold standard, meaning, if all goes as planned, Private Needs 3.0 will have at least as many features as RND and be at least compatible with as many mods RND is compatible with.

The main reason I'll don't want to use RND anymore is I really don't think it is realistic enough. (I'm using here "realistic" liberally)

As to how "realistic" I intend to make Private Needs, I currently can't say exactly. However, I currently have, as in currently defined in my scripts, not only the bladder and bowels simulated, but also the stomach and general body.

I have one request, would it be possible for you to make patches for the water mods in the next version so us ocd people can have there poop and splashes too? I know I'm pushing it here but splashing poop mixed with awful's sounds would an  awesome addition : )

Sounds like you're really giving your all with this mod, which is fantastic and I love you for it. I think it's really admirable that you're going to make your own RND system, but could I please just ask that you maintain the option of having RND compatibility? I have RND installed on my current save and I'm sure if I were to uninstall it for a new RND-like system I'd probably incinerate my already unstable save. But I'd still love to use Private Needs with it... I hope you understand.

I mean, when I get around to starting a new game, I'll definitely use your revised version, but... Please don't take the compatibility with RND away. (Or at the very least, allow it to work alongside RND even if eating food and drinking does not effect bladder and poop etc)

Hi, I installed this mod manually and was able to get an animation to happen when entering "player.playidle zazapcao101" in the console. However, how can I access the full features of the mod? This person was able to use all features in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKcdh4fD-4. Do you need MCM? I tried looking for it but read that it combined with SkyUI. I am a bit confused. Thanks!

Edit: I basically need simple instructions on how to use this mod since I didn't see any on the first page. I am not very experienced with mods. I do not have any spells/powers in my magic menu for this mod. help please

MCM is part of SkyUI yes, if you don't like SkyUI for whatever reason you can use SkyUI away with it to get the old one back.

All of this need SKSE of course, so be sure you have that as well and starting Skyrim with SKSE instead of the normal launcher.

To address some of questions and inquires.

@AwfulArchdemon

It's unlikely that I will, or even have the ability to, change the animations, which includes the piss stream. However, I will take a look in the files and see what I can and can't do.

@sherribadger

MCM is required to activate and tweak the settings of the mod, which entails installing SkyUI. When I get the time. I'll write a relatively detail description on how to install this properly.

@Dragonjoe69

I'll make a patch, in the next version that is, that disables checking whether or not the player is in water when bathing and disables the changes to water which will allow splashes, which I assume is what you want.

@TiddleToppler

I've reorganized my scripts to be very modular, so RND compatibility is definitely possible, but it will also require me to change some of RND's script as well. However, everything will need to wait until I finish the new framework.

@TheOtherGuy

Fixing the negative sell prices is on my list, and if it can be done, which it should be, will be included in the next version.

@turtlbrdr

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be touching NPCs in the next version or any time in the future at all.

If you need help in modding, I suggest you watch the Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim series by Gopher. There's basic nexus mod manager usage, installing SKSE and SkyUI which includes MCM. However, if you know all the basics of modding, then just jump to episode 4 for SKSE and episode 5 for SkyUI/MCM.

its an excellent ingredient for poisons, so alchemists with interesst in such potions might pay for it.

Well... my toon uses her own crap to create really powerfull poisons, so it definitly got it's use. ;)

it's just awkward that your toon needs to eat everything to discover the first effect of an ingredient. :(

its an excellent ingredient for poisons, so alchemists with interesst in such potions might pay for it.

Well... my toon uses her own crap to create really powerfull poisons, so it definitly got it's use. ;)

it's just awkward that your toon needs to eat everything to discover the first effect of an ingredient. :(

I think I'm going to be a warrior next play through :P

Richard,in the next version, do you plan on adding selectable time for bathing animations (by making them loop) and also auto equiping wet/sweaty textures when bathing/getting out of water? (estrus also does that,the wet effect textures, that is)!

Richard,in the next version, do you plan on adding selectable time for bathing animations (by making them loop) and also auto equiping wet/sweaty textures when bathing/getting out of water? (estrus also does that,the wet effect textures, that is)!

I've tried before to make the bathing animations loop and have not succeeded. Unless I suddenly figure out a way to do so. It is very unlikely that I will add a option to change bathing time. Auto equipping wet/sweaty textures when bathing is definitely doable, so I probably will add them.

I've tried before to make the bathing animations loop and have not succeeded. Unless I suddenly figure out a way to do so. It is very unlikely that I will add a option to change bathing time. Auto equipping wet/sweaty textures when bathing is definitely doable, so I probably will add them.

Is the SexLab framework open enough that you could tear into that and see how they did it?

Is the SexLab framework open enough that you could tear into that and see how they did it?

Perhaps, but my priority is to finish the new Private Needs framework first.

Perhaps, but my priority is to finish the new Private Needs framework first.

I don't think sexlab has auto equiping of wet textures while having sex, unless you are reffering to the ability of player to forward/rewind animations with hotkey use

I'll lower the minimum time setting in mcm in the next version then.

Blood and cum cleaning doesn't always work perfectly. The sexlab addon plugin cleaned cum quite well until Sexlab 1.30 based on my own observations. Blood cleaning on the other hand is quite random. There's is a line of code that is supposed to clean blood, but I'm almost certain it either only works occasionally or doesn't work at all. In any case, these problems should be resolved in the next version.

edit: Make sure the excrement point per hour setting in the mcm is anything other that zero. If you have the RND addon installed. Then you need to eat something and your bowels will start to fill according to your mcm setting.

I suspect this is the case if you have blood texture specific mods like Battle Fatigue and Injuries and/or First Aid.  I typically have my char bath when PN says he's unkempt. And definitely by the time it says he's filthy.  So it doesn't matter if he was bloodied up from combat or not.

Anyhow, both of these health mods are on nexus for anyone interested.  I had no problems making the blood dissappear from these 2 health mods when bathing with PN.  But then again, I typically had my char use bandages (for minor wounds/injuries) or for more serious/grave injuries visit one of the 3 vanilla restoration healers.  Then he'd take a bath, then sleep for a day (as required by Battle field mod for the serious/potentially fatal injuries).  All of his injuries would be healed by the health mods and his bloody apearance would be gone. 

So I was incorrectly assuming he was getting clean from the PN mod and not the health ones.  

Another point of note is if you have the WATER or WATER 2 Redux mod installed.  If either of these mods are installed, you'll lose the ability to bathe in any natural water body outdoors unless you're standing right next to a water fall. 

Indoors bathing works as it should with mods like N. Bathouses and particularly with the bigger bath houses like in Solitude which has 2cm water with the shower room.  It also appears the script is somewhat compatible with the Showers of Skyrim mod.  I DID get the mod to work EXACTLY ONE TIME while showering in the bathtub cellar room at the Sleeping Giant Inn.  But my char was standing directly under the shower pipe in the bath tub (water was waist deep).  

However, after exiting that cell and re-entering it later, the bathing animation function stopped working :\

*snip*

I've seen countless "Cannot call xxxx() on None object" errors before in my log without any causing crashes. Regardless, I'll look into this.

Well the call itself doesn't crash games, but there is always the possibility that the script in question was written poorly and can't handle 'none' values. The three most notorious scripts that can't handle 'none' are the critter scripts, FXDustDrop, and LvlPredator. However iirc the change in how cum effects in sexlab are handled have caused several CTD's with PN in the past. Perhaps you missed the waterfall script?

@richard19840706:  I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to eliminate the need for the bathing script which checks for the existence of a waterfall before the bathing animantion will happen? Also wouldn't it be easier to allow the animation to play regardless of how deep the water is?  Or where the water body is located ie. if it was inoors (like in a bath tub, or at a sink), or outdoors?

For example, like at Whiterun rapids, the fountain area at Dragon's Reach, on beach coastal areas like SOG, Castle Volkhair, at the volcanic hot springs neear Dark Water Crossing, on shorelines of stream and lake water bodies like at Riften, inside caves, city sewers etc etc.

This lack of restriction would lower the need for excessive script checks and make the game that much more immersive IMO.  From an RPG perspecitive, it technically shouldn't matter WHERE the Dovahkin can bathe, as long as the script check validates the existence of water.  So he should be able to do a simple sponge bath at any sink object in an inn (regardless of whether that sink or bath object is vanilla or from a mod).  Or he should be able to bathe anywhere in the wilderness when away from a bath house or inn.  It also shouldn't matter if that natural water body is 2cm deep or not.