7 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Okay, it seems for magic skills the needed skill exp for a level up is

skill level ^1.95

Archery as well. For Alchemy and Smithing you need more. I am confused.

Okay, seems for all skills with no Skill Improve Offset the xp needed to level up is skill level ^1.95. So for those skills we can use the formula

victim skill level ^1.95

it's weird that i can still level Smithing to 100.

8 hours ago, 777sage said:

Thanks for reporting this, I'll investigate it on my end. Were you draining enemies that had Mage skills higher than yours? Or even trainer?

I tried with bandits, and mages from the College main quest, i haven't tried it with trainers though. However, i noticed that my skills leveled up extremely fast.

Edited by noname002@
11 hours ago, noname002@ said:

it's weird that i can still level Smithing to 100.

I tried with bandits, and mages from the College main quest, i haven't tried it with trainers though. However, i noticed that my skills leveled up extremely fast.

Ok, I am working to address this now. Changed the logic behind it avoid rising through levels too fast. Most NPCs may not specifically be that highly skilled despite their abilities and damage output. Same with trainers, they may be a master trainer but their effective level is low. So Its being checked based on their class first, then their effective level. Once the update is uploaded you should rise through the ranks and a far more reasonable rate, which would require repeated sex scenes in order to rise that far. A penalty is instantiated if the players skill level is higher or equal to the victims skill level. So you will gain skill xp in that scenario too.

15 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

When I turn off vampiric feeding but leave arousal from feeding on, I get vampiric feeding.

That is unfortunate because that will reset my stage from 4 to 1, making vampiric drain basically useless.

Might I suggest having a hotkey to enable vampiric feeding on a case by case basis?

Like drain to death is already a hotkey?

Thanks for reporting this, I'll check it out on my end.

New Update:

This version primarily focuses on fixes to issues several users have noticed:

1. Becoming a vampire when feeding or biting. Should be fixed now. Bite as much as you want, while you may recieved arousal you shouldnt be transformed into a vampire when you aren't one.
  2. Fixed skill xp drain logic. Prior the, player would jump up levels too fast. Now using an equation based on xp logic defined by bethesda, and scaling it based on whether or not the victims skill is equal or less than the players. Skill drain now only occurs after sex has ended. Previous iteration was a bit too script heavy.
  3. Updated SLSO drain logic, now orgasms are forced right after enjoyment is maxed out. NOTE: Because the process happens quickly, you will not always see the enjoyment meter fill up. Strongly recommend you disable male orgasm penalty in SLSO.
  4. All modded vampire drains will occur for each victim drained at climax. But the updates of the vampiric status will only occur once the sex scene ends. This applies to both vampiric thirst and Better vampires versions respectively. Also, sexual feeding now counts towards necks bitten for both vampire mods.

• Once I get confirmation things are working fine, an LE version can also be posted. Only reason it isn't present right away is because I have been compiling with the latest version of SLSO SE and Sexlab Framework SE, which changes some things. I have not made any version specific updates to the code but I am being careful with it.
  • Fomod installer is still a WIP. Should have it ready and usable some time later.
Edited by 777sage

2 hours ago, 777sage said:

On the player drainer side I also changed the dialogue to be first person when deciding whether or not to kill or spare the victim.

If PC is drainer I do not see any notifications.

Any plans to change the PC's name with "I" / "me" if you are the victim?

The skill exp gain gave me 1 skill level in many skills from draining Mikael.

Properly a little late, but I just remembered how Devourment used to do this: You get one level in the victims highest skill.

Updated SLSO drain logic, now orgasms are forced right after enjoyment is maxed out.

Is there any difference to the latest test version regarding this? From my first test I did not noticed a difference.

37 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

If PC is drainer I do not see any notifications.

Any plans to change the PC's name with "I" / "me" if you are the victim?

Thats the thing, you wont see anything if you are the drainer during the sex scenes. Only as they end. Nothing was set for us specifically as the drainer during draining. As the victim, I will be updating those too later on. I prioritized fixes this time around. This will make them first person on victim end on next up date for sure. I got you fam. Both this change and Milk Mod Economy are in my sights right now. Player Succubus Quest is another thing as well. But PSQ SLSO has me asking questionsl.

The skill exp gain gave me 1 skill level in many skills from draining Mikael.

Properly a little late, but I just remembered how Devourment used to do this: You get one level in the victims highest skill.

If you are draining and have all xp drain options enabled. You may find yourself leveling up in all of them depending on what you have enabled in MCM. In otherwords, if mikael has skill level 15 in lockpicking, and your level is lower. You'd drain the exp it took for him to go from level 14 to 15. The equation is like this

((skillImproveMult *pow((victimLevel - 1), 1.95)) + skillImproveOffset) / skillUseMult) * modifer

modifier is always 1 unless you are equal to or higher skilled than the victim. In which case the modifer is 0.20, or 20%

I have considered grabbing the top 5 skills and draining those. Perhaps I can set it as a mode the player can select. We will see. For now I would suggest only setting it to whatever playstyle you prefer.

Is there any difference to the latest test version regarding this? From my first test I did not noticed a difference.

If you installed the version I posted earlier in the forum(a1 or 2 pages back) , then not much. However, previously in the mod page version 8c, the drainer would only max out the victims enjoyment. The problem was that SLSO doesnt immediately trigger orgasm at that stage so orgasms happened whenever enjoyment was modified again or seconds after. This time, the drainer also forced the victim to climax right then and there. You should be able to see it.

Edited by 777sage

Quick question, the skill xp drain increases both the level in a skill (i.e archery 15 to 16) and also the player level progress right? Is there a way to disable so that the skills increase but not the player level progress? I use the experience mod which for trainers and normal skill gain removes the player level ups from occurring. However the functionality for levelling up the 'normal' way still exists. If it is not currently possible to decouple the the 2 level ups (skill and player level) would it be possible to add the same feature from this mod?

Experience at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

1 hour ago, 777sage said:

Thats the thing, you wont see anything if you are the drainer during the sex scenes. Only as they end. Nothing was set for us specifically as the drainer during draining.

Ah, so basically the only notification as the drainer is something like "I decide to drain my victim to death"?!

3 hours ago, 777sage said:

Both this change and Milk Mod Economy are in my sights right now.

Have you made any progress in the "DD does only increase the duration of the climax stage if a drainer is involved" bug?

30 minutes ago, tvRoosey said:

Quick question, the skill xp drain increases both the level in a skill (i.e archery 15 to 16) and also the player level progress right?

Tested draining a few times, the progress towards level 3 did not move. It seems it works correctly with the mod Experience.

3 hours ago, 777sage said:

This time, the drainer also forced the victim to climax right then and there. You should be able to see it.

I think that happens. I tried PC drainer today, will have to try NPC drainer tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

Ah, so basically the only notification as the drainer is something like "I decide to drain my victim to death"?!

That is correct, the change to include more notification content is being mapped out for PC drainers right now. This and the climax drain initiation notification will be updated and be in first person.

Have you made any progress in the "DD does only increase the duration of the climax stage if a drainer is involved" bug?

Actually, the initial bug report you made suggested that the climax stage extended even when no drainer was involved. And yes I have made progress, Etheri didnt include a check for that. Basically, so long as DD was enabled it would extend the animation unnecessarily. The extension event would occur on the stage just before the climax. The way I am fixing it is via a boolean that is updated the very moment a sex scene has so much as a single drainer involved. The boolean is a mandatory check. This change is for 8E. Once I compile it again I will be testing it for the following scene combinations. 

• PC Drainer/ victim
  • PC & NPC Drainers/ one or more victims
  • NPC drainer/  PC & NPC victim
  • No drainers

Tested draining a few times, the progress towards level 3 did not move. It seems it works correctly with the mod Experience.

That sounds about right, this mod does not change how player leveling is managed. XP drain only increases skill XP,.

I think that happens. I tried PC drainer today, will have to try NPC drainer tomorrow.

Cool, and thank you for testing this out! You have been the most active thus far.

1 hour ago, tvRoosey said:

Quick question, the skill xp drain increases both the level in a skill (i.e archery 15 to 16) and also the player level progress right? Is there a way to disable so that the skills increase but not the player level progress? I use the experience mod which for trainers and normal skill gain removes the player level ups from occurring. However the functionality for levelling up the 'normal' way still exists. If it is not currently possible to decouple the the 2 level ups (skill and player level) would it be possible to add the same feature from this mod?

Experience at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

You should be fine, XP draining only gives skill XP. Not player XP. It does not modify how player leveling or xp leveling is treated in the game. On the XP side it is coded to grab values from your game settings, whether default or otherwise, and increase skill xp gains accordingly. If your game is modded the way you say it is, you shouldnt gain any player level xp.

Hi, love the mod, but I am having trouble getting manual draining to work.  I am playing a female character using PSQ, I'd like her to only drain when in succubus form so I figure the best way to do that was to use the manual drain and kill on orgasm for manual.  However, nothing seems to happen.  The visual effect plays, if I push Ralt I get the notification that death can happen, but the victim always survives?  Any thoughts?  Auto works like a champ, but I don't want her draining in human form.

Also, I read earlier that the draugar option was not working, as that been fixed in the newest version or is that still out?  Thanks.

Edited by mrtauntaun

Tried it too, Player drain power and Enhanced Player Drain Powers activated and Drain Level 0, auto drain and auto drain on orgasm deactivated. Tried to drain victim to death, mod notified in the top left that I was gonna drain the victim to death. Victim survived.

edit:

Hm, have you tried if it works if Player Drain Level is 1 or 2?

Suggestion:

If it is easy to implement, a toggle to make Female NPCs, Male NPCs, and / or Followers immune to drain.

Edited by Someone92
1 hour ago, Someone92 said:

Suggestion:

If it is easy to implement, a toggle to make Female NPCs, Male NPCs, and / or Followers immune to drain.

Heck, I'd even love a hotkey to turn the drain ability on and off, right now im just going into the mcm every time i switch forms.

Edited by mrtauntaun

Hi, thanks for another update. Just to clarify:

If we are using Better Vampires, do we install both SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d and SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d Better Vampires Version?

Or just SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d Better Vampires Version?

Thanks!

Yes, also having the same issue that Player Drain Powers 2 always kills the sex partner, Drain Powers 0 never.

I have been pondering on how to get Frozen Electrocuted Combustion to work with this mod. It seems that mod does not have an API to directly apply the drain visuals on the victim, but a drain spell has to be used. It works with Vampiric Drain.

Don't remember if it's possible, but what about creating a custom Vampiric Drain spell without any visuals and with power 1000. This spell (one of) the drainer cast upon the victim when deadly drain had been triggered and the anim ended.

Without FEC, this change would make no difference, with it it would automatically mummify the victim.

14 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Tried it too, Player drain power and Enhanced Player Drain Powers activated and Drain Level 0, auto drain and auto drain on orgasm deactivated. Tried to drain victim to death, mod notified in the top left that I was gonna drain the victim to death. Victim survived.

Draining to death only works if you are drainer level 1 or higher, regardless of your decision. The rules apply just as it would for the NPCs that are drainer level 0. But perhaps I should prevent the force death hotkey OR indicate that you won't kill them anyway. I thought it was already clear after the scene ends though.

edit:

Hm, have you tried if it works if Player Drain Level is 1 or 2?

If you are drainer level 1 or higher, drain to death is set to true by default. Though I probably should have set it to only be the case for drainer level 2. Hitting the death hotkey at this point should indicate the intent to spare the victim.

Suggestion:

Possible, it becomes complex though. But is certainly possible. But regarding the drain immunity, are you referring to regular draining or draining them to death?

6 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Hi, thanks for another update. Just to clarify:

If we are using Better Vampires, do we install both SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d and SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d Better Vampires Version?

Or just SexLab Deadly Drain SE Enhanced v0.8d Better Vampires Version?

Thanks!

This time around, you only need the Better Vampires version. I ultimately decided against patch because some were not sure which to download.

15 hours ago, mrtauntaun said:

Hi, love the mod, but I am having trouble getting manual draining to work.  I am playing a female character using PSQ, I'd like her to only drain when in succubus form so I figure the best way to do that was to use the manual drain and kill on orgasm for manual.  However, nothing seems to happen.  The visual effect plays, if I push Ralt I get the notification that death can happen, but the victim always survives?  Any thoughts?  Auto works like a champ, but I don't want her draining in human form.

Also, I read earlier that the draugar option was not working, as that been fixed in the newest version or is that still out?  Thanks.

The settings allow that level of control though, simply deactivate auto drain and autodrain on orgasm. You can just use hotkeys to drain whenever you want. You shouldn't drain anyone. Climax draining wont happen unless you drain on the climax stage. Death drain only works in the following scenarios:

• If the victim is not an ally or higher to a drainer that is level 1
  • if the victim is not an lover or higher to  a drainer that is level 2
  • When the drainer is higher than level 0.

Without autodrain on orgasm, the orgasm drain must be triggered manually. In otherwords, try draining on climax stage. Orgasm deaths only occur if the orgasm happens. And Orgasm death option can run the risk of killing those that would normally survived. I'll check the code and see if there is a fault anywhere on the manual orgasm drain logic. There is always a chance.

Currently, if you are drainer level 1 or higher you are set to kill by default. You must decide to spare your victim otherwise in this case. If you are drainer level 0 or -1 you will not kill at all as per the rules defined. It applies to both PC and NPC drainers.

As for drain to draugr, there are 2 versions. The original version still works, but it is present for an PC or NPC drainer depending on who doesn't have enhanced drain functions enabled on them. The new one that doesnt work is being primed to work with another mods that has a better effect.

Edited by 777sage
5 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Yes, also having the same issue that Player Drain Powers 2 always kills the sex partner, Drain Powers 0 never.

That is by design, think of levels -1 and 0 has being benign and unwilling to kill. 1 is being flippant, whimsical, and playful. 2 as being, ruthless, cold, or heartless. in the last 2 you must make the decision to spare your victim. But you wont kill them if relationship checks pass.

I have been pondering on how to get Frozen Electrocuted Combustion to work with this mod. It seems that mod does not have an API to directly apply the drain visuals on the victim, but a drain spell has to be used. It works with Vampiric Drain.

Yeah, I have been having a the same problem with iNeed. At least I could interface with the vampire mods.

Don't remember if it's possible, but what about creating a custom Vampiric Drain spell without any visuals and with power 1000. This spell (one of) the drainer cast upon the victim when deadly drain had been triggered and the anim ended.

Without FEC, this change would make no difference, with it it would automatically mummify the victim.

I typically only play with effects level 1, because 2 and 3 are just too much. I discovered that problems can arise at effects level 3 because the draining effect can persist longer than it should. I don't I'd ever use it because if you are draining using sex, why would the spell be cast from a distance? Perhaps it would be possible to create one, I am not experience with it though. In time I can check it out. I defaulted the drain effects to 1 in the code since I prefer the subtle effects until orgasm drain.

Edited by 777sage

Climax draining wont happen unless you drain on the climax stage.

Ah, I didn't realize it was stage dependent.  I was only pushing the manual drain at the very beginning.  Is this why the animation seems to stop partway through a stage?

Is it possible to implement a hotkey for the 'Enable Drain' toggle?  Im not a modder, so I don't know if that's asking for the moon or just a second helping of potatos.

Again, thanks for your great work!

29 minutes ago, mrtauntaun said:

Ah, I didn't realize it was stage dependent.  I was only pushing the manual drain at the very beginning.  Is this why the animation seems to stop partway through a stage?

Is it possible to implement a hotkey for the 'Enable Drain' toggle?  Im not a modder, so I don't know if that's asking for the moon or just a second helping of potatos.

Again, thanks for your great work!

Sexlab events use stages. Depending on settings it may auto progress. If auto drain and autodrain on orgasm are active, then the draining will at each stage. The last stage of a sexlab animation is considered the "climax" stage, where orgasms are set to run by default. SLSO changes it so that orgasms can happen depending on individual actors enjoyment, but by doing so the last stage is treated like a normal stage. I had to code DD to handle that as well since the original version wasnt made with it in mind. IF autodrain on orgasm is not active, you will be expected to make the decision on whether or not to initiate that process yourself.

I dont know what you mean by the animation stopping partway? Are the actors dying right then and there? If so, either PSQ is causing them to die or you have Manual drain death enabled. Sexlab will always end an animation when an actor dies in the middle. Likely because of the potential errors lingering scripts calls that could propagate if not handled correctly. To avoid this issue, the previous updates also included the prevention of killing your victims by draining unless you have the option to allow manual drain death enabled. If it is enabled and the next draining event would kill the victim(s), then you or the succubus will kill the victim. I even removed force kill option from the standard draining process and reserved it to only kill once the animation ends if it the decision to do so is still active on the player's part.

As for the enable drain toggle, I am curious. Is there a reason you wont just choose not to drain? Or perhaps its because you want to be able to have autodrain and autodrain active without having to go to the MCM when you dont want to drain anymore? The reasoning behind it can influence how the change is made. There is already a request to allow the user to exclude actors based on sex and/or whether or not they are a follower (which I understand)

NP, Glad you have been enable to enjoy it thus far.

37 minutes ago, 777sage said:

Sexlab events use stages. Depending on settings it may auto progress. If auto drain and autodrain on orgasm are active, then the draining will at each stage. The last stage of a sexlab animation is considered the "climax" stage, where orgasms are set to run by default. SLSO changes it so that orgasms can happen depending on individual actors enjoyment, but by doing so the last stage is treated like a normal stage. I had to code DD to handle that as well since the original version wasnt made with it in mind. IF autodrain on orgasm is not active, you will be expected to make the decision on whether or not to initiate that process yourself.

I dont know what you mean by the animation stopping partway? Are the actors dying right then and there? If so, either PSQ is causing them to die or you have Manual drain death enabled. Sexlab will always end an animation when an actor dies in the middle. Likely because of the potential errors lingering scripts calls that could propagate if not handled correctly. To avoid this issue, the previous updates also included the prevention of killing your victims by draining unless you have the option to allow manual drain death enabled. If it is enabled and the next draining event would kill the victim(s), then you or the succubus will kill the victim. I even removed force kill option from the standard draining process and reserved it to only kill once the animation ends if it the decision to do so is still active on the player's part.

As for the enable drain toggle, I am curious. Is there a reason you wont just choose not to drain? Or perhaps its because you want to be able to have autodrain and autodrain active without having to go to the MCM when you dont want to drain anymore? The reasoning behind it can influence how the change is made. There is already a request to allow the user to exclude actors based on sex and/or whether or not they are a follower (which I understand)

NP, Glad you have been enable to enjoy it thus far.

So in regards to stopping part way, I think I misunderstood the manual button's purpose.  I just tried holding it down and it continuously drains, I originally thought it was a toggle,; kind of like the kill victim button.  Oops.

As for why not to drain, I am using PSQ as a curse.  Auto-transform at 100 arousal and hostile to crime faction.  Only way to transform back is to lower arousal.  I want all the perks that go with the form to be used ONLY in the form, but have to deal with the consequences of avoiding populated areas etc.  I am using the drain as a perk, so I only want to use it in the succubus form.  Plus I find that if drain is 100% available, it makes capture and enslavement rather trivial to escape.  And I like the way the auto drain works right at orgasm vs the manual, as the manual I now know is stage dependent and a lot of animations have various numbers of stages so it's more of a pain to keep track and knowing exactly when to hit the button.

So, bottom line, more of an RP thing.  

Edited by mrtauntaun

manual drain not working as intended? havent had an issue with it in prior patches however, in this latest patch, i can no longer drain to the point of crit ecstasy on climax stage thus can no longer manual drain to kill (or not) and can no longer capture soul or even acquire vamp feed or skill points. its all automatic drain on orgasm. even then they all seem to die any ways even if choose to spare.

21 hours ago, mrtauntaun said:

So in regards to stopping part way, I think I misunderstood the manual button's purpose.  I just tried holding it down and it continuously drains, I originally thought it was a toggle,; kind of like the kill victim button.  Oops.

As for why not to drain, I am using PSQ as a curse.  Auto-transform at 100 arousal and hostile to crime faction.  Only way to transform back is to lower arousal.  I want all the perks that go with the form to be used ONLY in the form, but have to deal with the consequences of avoiding populated areas etc.  I am using the drain as a perk, so I only want to use it in the succubus form.  Plus I find that if drain is 100% available, it makes capture and enslavement rather trivial to escape.  And I like the way the auto drain works right at orgasm vs the manual, as the manual I now know is stage dependent and a lot of animations have various numbers of stages so it's more of a pain to keep track and knowing exactly when to hit the button.

So, bottom line, more of an RP thing.  

Ah, now I get it. No problem. I'll look into it.