Jump to content

Game won't let me leave interior cells


Recommended Posts

I just started with a clean re-install of Skyrim and the mods I typically use, when I started a new game with ASLAL it's no longer letting me leave interior cells except long enough to quick save me being outside and then it teleports me back to the last interior cell I was trying to leave.

Link to comment

Did you run the game with no mods after the new installation? Because if you ran the game with all your mods right away it could be the reason you're getting these issues. Disable all mods in your mod manager and run the game as is, see if it's working then. If it is then enable the basic ones first (frameworks and what have you) and check again. Enable your mods two or three at a time to ease the process and minimize such issues.

Link to comment

Only mod i know that is teleporting You back is Alternate Start

 

 if You start game and try to COC out of abandonedprison01, Alternate Start will teleport You back

Maybe you have that script running but its broken ( then delete its instance from Your SaveGame File )

or maybe ur Mod is completly broken ( then just reinstall it?... see if something is overwriting it )

 

Start new Game and if new game will work fine then problem is in ur Save :x...

 

it would be also nice to have ur LO... so we can see what mods u actualy use...

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

What do you mean by 'cells' (plural)?

 

as in using ASLAL if I spawn to an interior cell be it a tavern or a cave it lets me teleport as the mod intended but I can't leave into the overworld of skyrim or even a town, so cells

Link to comment

That was a reported bug for the mod Immersive Interactions - Animated Actions (at least the SE version). Author comment about one of these bug reports:

"Bethesda made a bunch of animations that were never supposed to be shown in first person camera, some of those animations are used in this mod. (Waving animation, lockpicking animation, for example). If you use one of these animations during first person, the game teleports you to the last door you used. This is an annoying vanilla bug as old as time."

 

So if you're using that mod update it, check comments/MCM to see if there is any setting you should tweak. If you're not using that mod it could be a similar mod but I'm not aware of other (recent) instances of that bug, so you'll need to check your loadorder for clues.

Edited by Just Don't
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Genesis5000 said:

as in using ASLAL if I spawn to an interior cell be it a tavern or a cave it lets me teleport as the mod intended but I can't leave into the overworld of skyrim or even a town, so cells

And have you tried one of the outdoor starts?

 

It's highly unlikely that this has anything to do with ASLAL.

Link to comment
On 5/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, Mr. Otaku said:

Did you run the game with no mods after the new installation? Because if you ran the game with all your mods right away it could be the reason you're getting these issues. Disable all mods in your mod manager and run the game as is, see if it's working then. If it is then enable the basic ones first (frameworks and what have you) and check again. Enable your mods two or three at a time to ease the process and minimize such issues.

This is very good info if only people would understand dumping 200+ mods in and trying a fresh start is bad mojo. No magic pills just add a few mods test rinse and repeat.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

And have you tried one of the outdoor starts?

 

It's highly unlikely that this has anything to do with ASLAL.

I've tried several outdoor starts and it just puts me back into the cell at the start of ASLAL

 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:42 AM, Mr. Otaku said:

Did you run the game with no mods after the new installation? Because if you ran the game with all your mods right away it could be the reason you're getting these issues. Disable all mods in your mod manager and run the game as is, see if it's working then. If it is then enable the basic ones first (frameworks and what have you) and check again. Enable your mods two or three at a time to ease the process and minimize such issues.

I did run it clean with no mods before adding anything to it, and I've used these mods before and they have worked pretty good.

Link to comment
On 5/29/2021 at 3:20 PM, Genesis5000 said:

I did run it clean with no mods before adding anything to it, and I've used these mods before and they have worked pretty good.

Believe it or not I've read about mods just acting up like that after a time and the only way to fix them is to reinstall them and put them back in their LO slot for saves using them. And sometimes you have to go back several saves to before they started acting up to get your game playing nice again. Personally when I find a mod doing that, I usually get rid of it for good.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. For more information, see our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use