Bethesda To Shutter Their Mod Forums?

4 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Yeah, moving to a bunch of discord servers is hardly the same, is it.

Not for me, at least. I've never seen the sense in having all my conversations go through servers owned by a single corporate entity where they can be datamined and resold. It's quite bad enough that google seems determined to log every link everyone clicks on, but at least we had some diversity in forums.

That said, I didn't use Beth's new forums anyway. Horrible design. I'll miss the old ones though when they finally retire them.

14 hours ago, 27X said:

Mmm... I was under the impression that it was the forums rather than Creationkit.com that was going down.

12 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Must have been an "executive decision" to shut down the modding comments. I won't say what "executive decision" means but it involves about a dozen curse words, all verbs.

Apparently it's an industry trend. What a complete bunch of executives, is all I can say.

13 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Must have been an "executive decision" to shut down the modding comments. I won't say what "executive decision" means but it involves about a dozen curse words, all verbs.

Likely who ever MS appointed as Beth's new CEO is "making his mark" kind of petty corporate tool bullshit. And by new  I mean "some dude who didn't quite fuck up enough for MS to fire".  On the other had, the old one was supposed to be some crooked stock broker, so hopefully thew new guy will just be lazy.