Need help, Skyrim ctd on startup

2 hours ago, dharvinia said:

I'm going to take a guess and say that this happened soon after you installed something, or modified settings.

has Steam or Bethesda updated your account recently?

Because it sounds like a corrupted launcher exe file.

Actually, it worked fine until 3 days ago and then, i just uninstall a mod and it dies, i try putting it back and it doesn't work

3 minutes ago, Araluen124 said:

Actually, it worked fine until 3 days ago and then, i just uninstall a mod and it dies, i try putting it back and it doesn't work

Have you tried creating a new character / new save file?  Generally speaking, uninstalling a mod mid-playthrough can cause problems depending on the mod in question, whether it has running scripts, changes landscape, etc.  Try backing up your save files to a different folder and make a new character and see if you can get in.  If you can, then it could be something with your current save file.  Perhaps it could be cleaned but I can not make any guesses.

18 hours ago, Araluen124 said:

I can't even get to the main menu, it crashes at the game startup

Are you making it to the beth logo? crashes at that point usually indicate a missing requirement for a mod which running LOOT should high light for you

It crashes just after the logo and i run loot and FNIS every time i try

3 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Are you making it to the beth logo? crashes at that point usually indicate a missing requirement for a mod which running LOOT should high light for you

On 4/27/2021 at 7:06 PM, Araluen124 said:

how did you uninstall the file exactly, did you use a program like NMM, or vortex? or did you just remove the esp from the data folder?

Had you mentioned you had uninstalled a file prior to the crash would have sent us in a different direction.

the mod you uninstalled had dependencies the rest of the game needed, reinstalling it without fully uninstalling it does not work.

Corrupted, or loose files are still present.

Now it is possible that the last save is the culprit,  Go into your game saves and remove the last save (quick save whatever)

this will cause the game to default to the next last available save.  This has worked for me on several occasions.

If you are uninstalling the file manually, you have to go and check a bunch of folders to make sure it is all gone.

Then run Loot and it will tell you if any thing is missing or conflicting.  If all is clear, try to run the game again.  If it fails,  you have two options

reload you game again, or try installing the offending Mod again.

5 hours ago, dharvinia said:

how did you uninstall the file exactly, did you use a program like NMM, or vortex? or did you just remove the esp from the data folder?

Had you mentioned you had uninstalled a file prior to the crash would have sent us in a different direction.

the mod you uninstalled had dependencies the rest of the game needed, reinstalling it without fully uninstalling it does not work.

Corrupted, or loose files are still present.

Now it is possible that the last save is the culprit,  Go into your game saves and remove the last save (quick save whatever)

this will cause the game to default to the next last available save.  This has worked for me on several occasions.

If you are uninstalling the file manually, you have to go and check a bunch of folders to make sure it is all gone.

Then run Loot and it will tell you if any thing is missing or conflicting.  If all is clear, try to run the game again.  If it fails,  you have two options

reload you game again, or try installing the offending Mod again.

I always use NMM for skyrim and i had the mod for a total of 1 hour, i downloaded it to test... and i ran loot after uninstalling... and i tried reinstalling it... to no avail

If Skyrim crashes after the logo, there could be several reasons for this.
- Missing master file or corrupt master file.
- The depth of the folder structure from Data is too big and/or too long or invalid file names in these folders.

Skyrim can only read and process folder depths and file names up to a certain length
- damaged or missing files (e.g. BSA etc.)

My suggestion, let Steam check your Skyrim files. Then start Skyrim only with the Update.esm and the ESM of the DLC's. And always run Skyrim / Skse as admin.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

The depth of the folder structure from Data is too big and/or too long or invalid file names in these folders.

Skyrim can only read and process folder depths and file names up to a certain length

I don't quite understant how i can check if this is the problem

20 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

If your game is installed in the default location then it will not be a problem.

The installation path has nothing to do with the length of file names, folder names or the folder depth that are in the Skyrim folder.

21 hours ago, Araluen124 said:

I don't quite understant how i can check if this is the problem

You can only check it manually. But I don't think that will be the reason.
To this possibility and corrupt files, especially BSA
I pointed this out because a CTD on the Skyrim logo does not ALWAYS indicate missing masters.

Let Steam check the files and start Skyrim once in vanilla mode.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

The installation path has nothing to do with the length of file names, folder names or the folder depth that are in the Skyrim folder.

It has nothing to do with the file name length but it will be extremely unlikely that the folder depth will be excessive in a regular installation.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I pointed this out because a CTD on the Skyrim logo does not ALWAYS indicate missing masters.

Nobody has said it is 'ALWAYS' missing masters. I and the others mentioned missing masters because it is probably the most common reason and also the most likely in this scenario given that the OP has recently removed a mod.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

It has nothing to do with the file name length but it will be extremely unlikely that the folder depth will be excessive in a regular installation.

Nobody has said it is 'ALWAYS' missing masters. I and the others mentioned missing masters because it is probably the most common reason and also the most likely in this scenario given that the OP has recently removed a mod.

It has to do with the length of the file name, the folder name and the folder depth. The total length of the string is crucial.

I didn't write it down as "the reason" either. But as 1 possible reason that can lead to CTD by Logo. Simply as a completion to the statement missing esm is "mostly" the reason.
Broken or overwritten flash files  or missing plugin.txt are still missing from the list.
Have a nice weekend

35 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

didn't write it down as "the reason" either.

I didn't say you did.

I prefer to address the most obvious cause first rather than give rare and unlikely possible causes. I also asked if the OP knew how to check for missing masters with NMM. You gave your folder/file length but without saying what that limit was or how to check it.

I am completely indifferent to how your weekend goes.

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I didn't say you did.

I prefer to address the most obvious cause first rather than give rare and unlikely possible causes. I also asked if the OP knew how to check for missing masters with NMM. You gave your folder/file length but without saying what that limit was or how to check it.

I am completely indifferent to how your weekend goes.

For the blind and arrogant, everything is always obvious. Just not her own stupidity. Because they have no answer to that.

And as I said, have a nice weekend.

27 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

For the blind and arrogant, everything is always obvious. Just not her own stupidity. Because they have no answer to that.

You really are a pillock. How many posts in tech support have you seen where the the CTD on load was caused by a missing master versus how many have you seen where the cause was an overly long file name/overly deep folder structure or a corrupted bsa?

I remain indifferent to the quality of your weekend.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

You really are a pillock. How many posts in tech support have you seen where the the CTD on load was caused by a missing master versus how many have you seen where the cause was an overly long file name/overly deep folder structure or a corrupted bsa?

I remain indifferent to the quality of your weekend.

lol.
Oxygen deficiency in the cerebellum? Take off the mask and take a deep breath. Maybe it helps. Read what I wrote and why - in context. If your cognitive circumstances allow.

little help:

On 4/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, Araluen124 said:

weither i have mods activated or not,