Nemisis engine and creature mods

There is no official support for creatures from Nemesis side, yet? I'm not sure what we can do about it. The author should do that, right?

There is a way to get Nemesis + creature animations which involves using a combo of FNIS and Nemesis, enabling and disabling things between running one tool and the other. There are some threads about this (in this one there are some instructions, here are other similar instructions, just scroll down a bit until you find the "(ADVANCED) Nemesis and FNIS for creatures" part).

NEMESIS can ´t replace the parameters which come with FNIS. NEMESIS is interesting for adding animation-behaviors for humanoid-animations-anyway has it the same issures which come by using FNIS. FNIS and NEMESIS can be combined but I do not see a useful reason for such a dual-use. 

For modding SKYRIM and add new animations FNIS is the first choice. For LL-animation-mods it will stay the most important basic-mod.

All other workarounds on SKYRIM ´s animation-graph would make SKYRIM for FNIS/NEMESIS incompatible and there would be needed an update of FNIS again. (You can ´t add thousands of new animations by editing the existing SKYRIM humanoid-animation-behavior manually without the industry-standard tools and the necessary knowledge!)

22 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

by that point whats the fucking point of even having Nemesis in the first place? just delete it and use FNIS.

There are mods that require Nemesis to work and won't work with FNIS alone. But I'm not even using Nemesis, so I can't say if it's worth or not, just mentioning what I've read about it.

There are some really nice combat improving framework mods out there that require Nemesis to function to their fullest, or at all, as I understand things. That's really why I'm wondering, I guess there is no way to make a FNIS version of them though, otherwise that would have been done already or in the works.

Skyrim's combat system is so.. simple and boring.

Speaking of which, for example I have a mod that adds pikes (well the mod calls them pikes but really some of them are more like glaives) and no matter where I aim, the legs, the head, wherever, as long as the NPC has a shield they're covered, they don't even have to block that spot and stuff like that is kind of annoying.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, Just Don't said:

There is no official support for creatures from Nemesis side, yet? I'm not sure what we can do about it. The author should do that, right?

There is a way to get Nemesis + creature animations which involves using a combo of FNIS and Nemesis, enabling and disabling things between running one tool and the other. There are some threads about this (in this one there are some instructions, here are other similar instructions, just scroll down a bit until you find the "(ADVANCED) Nemesis and FNIS for creatures" part).

Unfortunately this seems to be an "either/or" type of thing. I couldn't help but notice both of those links refer to using some kind of mod organizer (which I don't use) and I'm not sure if that's what allows things to work together in the first place, but with Nemesis running in my game Sex Lab animations cease to work entirely (maybe there's some kind of Sex Lab module for Nemesis I'm missing or something, I'm not sure, that part wasn't really explained as far as I can tell).

It kind of sucks but I guess I'm just going to have to put up with Skyrim's boring combat system until Nemesis can be used to replace FNIS completely.

9 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

That's what I've been doing up till now, I just don't know of any DAR mods that overhaul the combat system the way CGO does. While I had that mod running it was definitely a nice change of pace.

You can try Engarde, but anything more advanced basically requires Nemesis.

19 hours ago, MonVert said:

You can try Engarde, but anything more advanced basically requires Nemesis.

Gave this a try last night but was a little put off by the changes it made to combat controls so I uninstalled it.

I decided to try out CGO one more time with another mod (the name of which escapes me at the moment) to make it play nicely with Animated Armory and this time around I got things working (so far I haven't had the opportunity to test out SL on creatures yet). Apparently Nemesis is supposed to generate a DUMMY FINIS file which you are supposed to use in place of the real FNIS esp file while running Nemesis however Nemesis was not making the dummy file so I had to make one myself and so far things are working relatively fine though I have been getting some error messages saying something about there being too many of a certain kind of animation file (I'm at work so I'll update this when I get home with the right information), even so I haven't really noticed any issues so far.

As someone else said, it's possible to generate FNIS animations and keep only creature animations while Nemesis handles the rest, assuring compatibility with Nemesis-dependant mods. That said, I'm impressed you don't use a mod manager, do you do everything through manual install?

As a new user I thought Nemesis worked great on my end after working out my personal issues.   I now only use FNIS, but that's after I discovered it had a menu in MO2, and it has served me well ever since.  I've seen some of the newer stuff requiring Nemesis, but I don't really need all that right now.  I'll eventually switch back to Nemesis when FNIS ends up failing me, but for the most part it's been serving me well.

It does have its quirks, and It did keep crashing on me one time and Nemesis was able to display the actual error.  I think they both pretty solid programs and for me it's just a flip of coin on which one I end up using.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran and re-ran FNIS and Nemesis as instructed by the handful of tutorials I found online where people got them working together, and I get no CTD's or T-Poses but when I try to initiate intercourse with a creature my character is animated just fine but the creatures stay in their idles. I noticed the FNIS output does not have any files in the "behaviors" folders for the creatures. Could that be a problem?

EDIT: Looks like hkx files are supposed to be in those folders but they for some reason were never generated. I clicked the "hkx check" patch in FNIS this time around and it generated hkx files in the "behaviors" folders.