Nemesis Engine + SexLab - compatible?

• 1 month later...

Hey, I know it's a little late but I'm jumping into this thread anyway because I'm curious about the other question.

Does Nemesis, in fact, support Sexlab, as well as Zaz and Devious Devices animations? I'm not quite sure how it works, but there's a combat mod that appeals to me that only uses Nemesis, so I'm considering switching to it, but I don't want to do it if it means I'm going to lose my bondage stuff.

I have Zaz, DDa and creature animations alike working all together with nemesis.

Install order is as follows for these:

FNIS - Main mod

FNIS - Spells

FNIS - Creatures

FNIS - Data

Nemesis

Nemesis PCEA

The data folder is related to mod organiser 2, basically I build with FNIS first, then run nemesis and everything should be fine. People say you should delete human animations from your FNIS data but I never had to since the nemesis run would just build over them anyways it seems.

Obviously some time when Nemesis is finished with support I can finally remove FNIS

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to leave my quotes here from another thread in case it helps someone:

1 hour ago, Bananaman08 said:

Here's a picture for reference done in MO2: https://prnt.sc/seec5p

Any other animation related mod is located BELOW this list, run FNIS with correct checkboxes as per your mods (skeleton fix, tk dodge etc..) make sure FNIS data is checked in install order and placed like I did, then run Nemesis doing the same (tk dodge etc...) be sure you don't have too many animations installed also.

Then use SLAL to register animations again, reset creature framework, make sure creature anims enabled in SexLab options etc etc...

EDIT: I don't think you need to run FNIS again if you install non-creature related animations later on, just Nemesis

6 minutes ago, Bananaman08 said:

Here's a quick preview video in case you're not convinced ;)  Preview (NSFW) (Compressed for small size)

I showcase using a quick PCEA animation from Nemesis, then initiating sex with a wolf so NSFW of course...

I replaced all PCEA animation needs with Dynamic Animation Replacer, I still use it for testing my own animations though.

In case you're curious, the test animation is my attempt at making struggle animations for animated parasites armors with Dynamic Animation Replacer, I think it kinda sucks though lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been running FNIS alongside with Nemesis for a while now. Just found out after one of the nearby allied giant (one with nature) knocked down a bandit and tried making a move on her. Everything has been running smoothly so far until i realized that the giant animation and only the giant animation isn't working The female is animating as intented, while the giant just stood there iddling. Funnily enough, pretty much every other creature animation works, lurkers, werewolf, riekling, boar, even the netch and ash hoppers. Tried reinstalling framework and everything but nothing seems to work. Tried switching back to FNIS by disabling nemesis and enabling FNIS then running FNIS. It worked this time. Of course i was just checking and rolled back to using nemesis since it just broke one creature animation. So yeah, it seems like Nemesis just doesn't support giant animation for now. But every other creature animation works.

Here are some examples

Spoiler

Untitled-5.jpg

Spoiler

Untitled-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried this and it hasn't worked for me. I get crashes, and when I don't crash, I get constant T-poses.

also, am a dedicated NMM user. I don't have problems with it and it works perfectly for me. Except I can't quite figure out how to pull off nemesis/fnis combination.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:07 AM, Bananaman08 said:

Any non-creature animations yes, but if you install creature animations you'll have to run FNIS again and then Nemesis

Since I don't use creature animation, I can skip FNIS in my new SE build. Am I correct? Thank you. Really wanna use the combat overhaul mod :D

9 hours ago, icyhugs said:

Since I don't use creature animation, I can skip FNIS in my new SE build. Am I correct? Thank you. Really wanna use the combat overhaul mod :D

Probably.  Actually I understand you can with some work get FNIS creatures to work with Nemesis.    But a few (probably very few) non-creature animations mods don't work with Nemesis.  I believe FNIS Sexy Move still doesn't.  Also I think there is a kiss in either Rigmor of Bruma or Rigmor of Cyrodiil (I think its one of those, my memory is vague, is just barely possible it could be another follower) that doesn't work correctly with Nemesis.   Its possible that my knowledge on this is obsolete and those things work no, I don't know

On 6/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, cucklord said:

I've been running FNIS alongside with Nemesis for a while now. Just found out after one of the nearby allied giant (one with nature) knocked down a bandit and tried making a move on her. Everything has been running smoothly so far until i realized that the giant animation and only the giant animation isn't working The female is animating as intented, while the giant just stood there iddling. Funnily enough, pretty much every other creature animation works, lurkers, werewolf, riekling, boar, even the netch and ash hoppers. Tried reinstalling framework and everything but nothing seems to work. Tried switching back to FNIS by disabling nemesis and enabling FNIS then running FNIS. It worked this time. Of course i was just checking and rolled back to using nemesis since it just broke one creature animation. So yeah, it seems like Nemesis just doesn't support giant animation for now. But every other creature animation works.

Here are some examples

Hide contents

Untitled-5.jpg

Hide contents

Untitled-4.jpg

Quick question, how'd you get your female character to have that ahegao look on her face? The two options in Sexlab (facial expressions or mouth open sync) don't quite give that look.

14 hours ago, icyhugs said:

Yes, I recently made the switch to Nemesis too and it's been working without a hitch with the rest of the SexLab suite. Just be sure to download the SE version of Nemesis and only tick the appropriate patches. As for Sexy Move and others like it, you can yoink the animations and put them into the Dynamic Animation Replacer framework.

Summary for MO2 users (needs testing):

1. read the post here: https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98
  2. in MO2 ensure these are in this order top to bottom (check the esp list on the right as well):
    • FNIS - Main mod
    • FNIS - Spells
    • FNIS - Creatures
    • FNIS - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Nemesis - Main mod
    • Nemesis PCEA
    • Nemesis - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Dynamic Animation Replacer (optional)
    • (SLAL and animation packs)
    • (other SL mods)
  3. temporarily disable Nemesis - Main mod
  4. run FNIS to generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
  5. disable FNIS - Main mod
  6. enable Nemesis - Main mod
  7. run Nemesis, generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
    • if Nemesis created a new fnis.esp move it to the "Nemesis - Data" folder and position it on the right side above the Nemesis esp file.  This file exists to handle legacy animation files that are hard coded to look for it (I think)
  8. repeat 3 thru 7 if installing/removing creature animations (or make part of your "do it anyway" procedure)
  9. In-game, Mod Manager
    •  use SLAL to register animations again, reset creature framework, make sure creature anims enabled in SexLab options etc etc...

I have not tested this myself, but plan to (gotta make a backup first).  Not sure about handling other mods like MNC overwriting any of the Nemesis/FNIS generated files if they load later (testing required).

User74: would you be willing to release your mod order using the modwat.ch website (just use a random username for this purpose and post the link), and maybe add to the steps I have posted above if you do anything different (or I missed something).  I'm sure others would appreciate it.

51 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

User74: would you be willing to release your mod order using the modwat.ch website (just use a random username for this purpose and post the link), and maybe add to the steps I have posted above if you do anything different (or I missed something).  I'm sure others would appreciate it.

my mod order is f*king trash (complete mess) I'm ashamed sharing this

ok, that's it; https://modwat.ch/u/user74

7 minutes ago, user74 said:

my mod order is f*king trash (complete mess) I'm ashamed sharing this

fair enough, mine needs work too, though I'll share mine if I get Nemesis working to my satisfaction (presuming I remember to come back to this thread).

If you think of anything to add to my list of steps above (post 19) let us know (ie: copy/paste/edit).

Okay so I use NMM. I'm assuming most people have used NMM at one point and now have moved on to other mod organizers (obviously MO). I still support NMM and haven't had issues, so i'm going to be repeating a lot here to see if it aligns with the instructions that have been given. correct me if i am wrong at any point:

1. install fnis with my creature animations. fnis and my creature anims are now in my plugins list for NMM.

2. install nemesis. keep all plugins active.

----i'm not supposed don't run any behavior engines yet?----

3. run fnis, generate appropriate behaviors, then delete character behaviors not associated with creatures?

4 disable fnis plugins in NMM plugins list, then run nemesis and generate behaviors

5. it should work now?

am i getting the gist of this?   i'm still extremely hesitant to try it solo as I have a 99% consistent functioning load order.

EDIT: okay I tried this out, made sure to read the instructions carefully, and it seems to make sense to what I typed above.

it didn't work. Nemesis couldn't generate files, in fact it crashed half way through. Then upon uninstallation, it completely broke fnis entirely. Working out the fixes now. One failed attempt on my part here, thought I'd share what happened if anyone was curious.

I finally pulled the trigger and was able to get Nemesis and creature working using the steps in post 19.

Conclusion: seems to work, but more testing required

That said, it was not a clean or fresh base (so maybe I got lucky)

• for an existing player/game where I had a working FNIS and MNC config
  • not a fresh character
  • I did not empty out the fnis generated files from before, but did click the remove creatures button before regenerating (probably safe anyway)
  • only had CGO checked in Nemesis (not using the others listed)

So far no crashes or anomalies in my limited post conversion playing (same as before).

No fnis.esp was generated by Nemesis (also not in the active mod list).

I did not manually delete anything after running FNIS.

Nemesis version was 0.84 beta (version info noted, things change, this thread may become obsolete over time).

FNIS version was 7.6.

I like using MO2 so that's all I have installed right now, but I suspect using Vortex/NMM could also work with some additional testing by the community.  In MO2 I can assign an empty/specific mod (just a folder really) to the Nemesis executable to capture the generated files, not sure if NMM can do the same or not, but I suspect as long as the FNIS generated files are preserved you could just disable FNIS and "refresh" (whatever it is called in NMM to sync the hardlinks) before running Nemesis to regenerate the humanoid animations.  Or maybe just uncheck the fnis.esp before Nemesis is run? (don't know, good luck)