A few things, first, Clem's a Capybara, I don't care if the species says Hyena he's a Capybara. (This is a good thing)

Now, I have Vulpine Piper from Beardofsocrates, and Furry Nat from here (she's either lykaios or your style of Fox)... and I think it's somehow broken the conversation trigger between the two upon first entrance into Diamond City. Piper came in and just kind of stood there staring at Nat while Nat continued to push papers. No it didn't break the game at all since I just went into Publick Occurances and they both followed and the interview proceeded as normal, but it's an odd bug and only occurred when upgrading to the version with the furrified kids.

Final thing, the junk of supermutants and feral ghouls keeps clipping through their minimal clothes, though I don't think that's necessarily an error on your end but just a note that it's more prevalent in the latest update of this mod.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Blowing up synths for fun and profit:

[...]

So, progress, but not soup yet.

Progress being made indeed! Looking forward how this turns out, and it'd be interesting to know how that whole system works as well (even if I don't think I'll ever tinker with it, lol).

Side note, but as shown in the pic, you may want to double-check the AMELIA textures you packed. I think you might have swapped red and blue head textures or something like that because most NPCs have mismatched colors and the one time I tried to use standalone AMELIAs alongside FF4 I ended up getting mismatched ear colors on the PC as well.

9 hours ago, Crazed-Panda-King said:

That is weird then, because I have adjusted the bodyslide for the  female canine/lykaios female's several times and it has not had any affect on the female nightstalker body at all.

Turns out I'm a dumdum and while the snekdog body is a straight up copy of the Lykaios one, they do use separate mesh paths and thus a separate Bodyslide set.

I think the Bodyslide file in the Drive hasn't been updated yet so you should be able to find the latest one as an attachment in this post. That should have the snekdog slidersets.

hello bad dog, can i ask some snek dog races oral texture/mesh problem?
it seems wrong, so i questioned to my internet friends, one of them says it may some kind of UV mapping problem.

did the mod go wrong for only me? i love snek dog races, but in this case (it recurring multiple times), i'm so sad.
May did anyone else have this kind of problem before I asked?

i use full, 3 days of time to clear this problem
But to no succeed, I ask for help

enb2022_1_31_22_44_45.jpg

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Progress being made indeed! Looking forward how this turns out, and it'd be interesting to know how that whole system works as well (even if I don't think I'll ever tinker with it, lol).

Side note, but as shown in the pic, you may want to double-check the AMELIA textures you packed. I think you might have swapped red and blue head textures or something like that because most NPCs have mismatched colors and the one time I tried to use standalone AMELIAs alongside FF4 I ended up getting mismatched ear colors on the PC as well.

Turns out I'm a dumdum and while the snekdog body is a straight up copy of the Lykaios one, they do use separate mesh paths and thus a separate Bodyslide set.

I think the Bodyslide file in the Drive hasn't been updated yet so you should be able to find the latest one as an attachment in this post. That should have the snekdog slidersets.

thank you

in sneak status, first person aim sight will be obscured by something. maybe it's tail, but i remove the armor that detach tail, this body texture colored thing is just keep appears.
what kind of bug is this? is this boob? i wonder to know. my mod profile uses ocbp. any thoughts?
Edit: just a bug from clothes. i think. nevermind. not the furry fallout 4 bug. sorry for the false alert  

enb2022_2_1_20_44_42.jpg

enb2022_2_1_20_44_50.jpg

Edited by Robotahate
false alert. sorry

It's your weapon, I think. I saw that once with one weapon and not again.

IN OTHER NEWS

Still working on synths which are going to drive me apeshit. Here's the deal:

There are gen1 and gen2 synths. Gen 1 are the mechanical frame, gen2 is the fake human skin. Fine.

But some of the gen1 synths use a skin which is the gen1 frame with a support structure for the gen2 skin over it. Then mods add the actual gen 2 skin, sometimes all of it, sometimes with pieces missing.

For a while I had a gen2 synth that was somehow putting on an old human head but I discovered a bad thing about FO4:

FO4 DOES NOT RESPECT OVERWRITES, not always anyway. I have the gen2 NPC, which is used by others as a template but doesn't use a template itself; it is pretty vanilla, has a skin but no head parts and no "Object Template" mods. It gets its head from the race record, where I've changed it to the Anubis head. If I run without overriding the NPC record, I get the old human-style head which I overwrote already. If I create an overwrite of the NPC record with no changes at all, then I get my Anubis head. ?

I also now have to figure out all over again how to assign Javelin and Ameila bodies. My first plan was gen1=Amelia and gen2=Javelin. But there are still gen1s that don't have a skin at all. Do I leave them alone, which is a bit boring? They're digitigrade already and I could put on a half-assed metal head, but I went to the Amelia model to avoid that. Or I could just replace them with the Amelias, which means no metal skeletons walking around, which might be fine. 

But then the gen1s that dress up as gen2s should really put on a Javelin skin, and I've already done the work to separate out the Amelia skin, so I'd have to do it over. Plus then the gen1s (Amelia) look better (more complete) than gen1s-dressed-as-gen2. 

So maybe:

• gen1 - suck it up, make some metal heads, they stay skeletal
  • gen1-as-gen2 - dress up as Amelia
  • gen2 - Javelin. 

Only downside of this is the gen-as-gen2 are supposed to be messed up gen2s and they aren't with these scheme. But maybe that doesn't matter. There will be fewer Amelias in the world and most of the ones you encounter will be messed up to some degree (missing parts). But maybe that doesn't matter either. I made some of the gen2s in the institute (food vendor, for example) get1s because it seemed wrong to have the Javelin model doing menial tasks. So when you get to the institute you finally see the Amelia model the way it was designed.

Ugh. 

53 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Tirade.

Maybe give the Amelia softer, rounder proportions, and Javelin with sharper proportions, then gen1-dressed-as-gen2 could translate to Javelin, but with rounder proportions? Or maybe since Amelias are white, and Javelins are black, make the gen1-as-gen2 white Javelins?

idk That probably sounds stupid...

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

So maybe:

• gen1 - suck it up, make some metal heads, they stay skeletal
  • gen1-as-gen2 - dress up as Amelia
  • gen2 - Javelin. 

Only downside of this is the gen-as-gen2 are supposed to be messed up gen2s and they aren't with these scheme. But maybe that doesn't matter. There will be fewer Amelias in the world and most of the ones you encounter will be messed up to some degree (missing parts). But maybe that doesn't matter either. I made some of the gen2s in the institute (food vendor, for example) get1s because it seemed wrong to have the Javelin model doing menial tasks. So when you get to the institute you finally see the Amelia model the way it was designed.

Honestly, this sounds about right.

AMELIAs are... "cutesy", and have soft features and such, so they make more sense as "servants" doing menial tasks like staffing the Commissary and the Cafeteria or just running maintenance and cleaning up the place and such. Maybe also as comfort androids but that would be outside of the scope for now. Hell, last time I visited the Institute and saw an AMELIA mopping the place and very politely telling me to "please report any issues I may have so they can be sorted out as soon as possible", I thought it was fitting for their looks.

JAVELIN, on the other hand, are more... "aggressive". Even if you tweak their face shape to better match FF4 races as a whole, they're supposed to look Anubian Jackal-ish(-y) which ain't exactly "cutesy" (still hot tho). They make more sense as shock troops or maybe just multirole units which aren't necessarily meant for "menial" stuff (although they can still do it if need be, I guess).

So we can assume the Institute first built the mechanical frames (Gen1s), and slapped the AMELIA design on those frames to act as servants and such (Gen1-as-Gen2-s). But when they realized they needed an upgrade which was better suited for the kinds of ops they wanted to carry out on the surface (and more complex tasks in the Institute itself), they developed JAVELINs (Gen2s). AMELIAs still in the field were slowly phased out as they were damaged or taken out of commission, leaving most AMELIAs on the surface as either old wrecks or as the last remaining working batches of AMELIA units before JAVELINs happened.

On the other hand, the vendors and janitors and such (aka the former-Gen2s which you will now swap to being normal AMELIAs) are "clean" and fully working AMELIAs because those are fulfilling the tasks they were explicitly designed for, so there's no need to upgrade them to JAVELINs.

So... it works out, I'd say. At least I'd be happy with this layout.

EDIT: one thing I would consider doing if we opt for this layout is adding female AMELIAs, at least to the inside-the-Institute synths themselves. I think they kinda make sense in this context.

Pretty sure the "Female Synths" mod I used as a base for my JAVELIN Courser Replacer also has female Gen2s, so it might already include the matching female-ish voice files for them. And even if it doesn't, I could always fire up xVASynth and generate them myself in one evening or whatever. Good thing about synths being robotic is the robotic-as-fuck voices xVASynth makes are a very good fit, lol. ?

Edited by Blaze69

All right, I'll go ahead with that and see how it works out.

agree about the female Amelias but I'm already blowing circuits trying to get all the variants worked out. Somebody was dropping acid when they designed this system. I don't really understand it--I'm just replacing parts and hoping the right thing happens. 

Also making the dismemberable skin is a PITA, tho that wouldn't matter so much if the females are only in the institute.

It's a weird thing with the Javelins that they are more robotic with their armor on than without, but I'm inclined to just ignore that part.

53 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Ouch. What are you saying?

I'm saying if the Fallout world is based on 50s Americana propaganda wonderland + 50s pulp scifi in the case of the Institute in particular, then obviously any robots meant to be cutesy servants would be female-presenting, because misogyny and racism are basically the two main (and only) concepts that entire decade's society was based on. ?

TBH it's just an excuse to have female AMELIAs in a convenient way that doesn't require building female versions of the entire "breakable body pieces" system or other tedious work like that (as adding female versions of the standard/combat synths would need). If the vanilla inside-Insitute maintenance/servant synths were all female instead I'd still suggest making some of them male so both were represented.

Also, if AAF (or just sex stuff in FO4 as a whole) didn't suck so badly, I'd probably try to make a small addon to add a few "comfort" AMELIAs around the Institute with some simple dialogue options to make use of their services if the player is friendly with the Institute. It's probably never gonna happen because I'm pretty sure AAF will never get better, but nevertheless it would be nice to have the base framework for female AMELIAs in place in FF4 itself just in case.

I have breached the defenses of the secret tower; I have delved the deeps of the hidden well; I have travelled to lands unknown; and I return with the mystic knowledge of what is, what has been, and what will be. Also of segmentation and dismemberment.

Which is to say, @Blaze69, that I've figured out how segmentation makes dismemberment happen for realsies and I've been fiddling it on some of the Amelia meshes, headgear in particular so that it all blows up in a satisfactory way. Details here: https://github.com/BadDogSkyrim/PyNifly/wiki/FO4-Segments-and-Subsegments. "Details on segmentation" is the key section.

Details here: https://github.com/BadDogSkyrim/PyNifly/wiki/FO4-Segments-and-Subsegments. "Details on segmentation" is the key section.

Fucking Christ. It's been seven years since the game came out and we're still finding out crap that should have been known as soon as the CK released. All of this in the year of Our Dog 2022. I have no words. ?

Worst part about this shit is that it all clicks once you find out about it, and kinda sorta makes sense, just like the skeleton path thing which was only discovered months ago. The problem is coming close enough to the conclusion on your own, since there's fuckall information available from Beth themselves.

At this rate once Starfield comes out we're gonna have to kidnap Todd Howard and ask for Beth's internal dev documents as ransom to figure out how to change weapon damage or do some other simple task whose instructions should have been made public in the first place.

...anyhow, endless kudos to your for unraveling the secrets of Todd Almighty to us. ?

Edited by Blaze69

LOL, yeah, it makes sense but damn I had to dig a bunch to finally see what was going on.

I'm reshaping the Javelin heads now and tried putting the ears in separate subsegments to see if they'd separate when the head gets blown off. No such luck, tho the head did separate properly as a whole.

Something I still don't get is how meatcaps work when wearing whole-body armor. There are no meatcaps in the nif, so they must be coming from somewhere else--the race record? The skin that's associated with the race? But whatever it is isn't working with the Anubis armor. I'm going to have to do something so the armor doesn't look stupid when bits fall off. 

One possibility would be to do the whole armor mod thing that some of the vanilla synths do but that would be a TOTAL PITA and I'm not sure I could really duplicate it. Otherwise, just put internal  separators so there are no see-through holes.

I might start just with making all the armor parts double-sided. I've heard that's a performance hit but it's done all the time in the vanilla nifs, which was not true of Skyrim--makes me think maybe the FO4 engine handles them better.

I'm reshaping the Javelin heads now and tried putting the ears in separate subsegments to see if they'd separate when the head gets blown off. No such luck, tho the head did separate properly as a whole.

Shame because getting them to separate would be cool, but I don't know if it's even possible to add extra separate "pieces" to dismember heads into in the first place.

Something I still don't get is how meatcaps work when wearing whole-body armor. There are no meatcaps in the nif, so they must be coming from somewhere else--the race record? The skin that's associated with the race? But whatever it is isn't working with the Anubis armor. I'm going to have to do something so the armor doesn't look stupid when bits fall off. 

I've been looking around the plugin data but I haven't found anything; most I got is the ragdolled bits that spawn when a body part gets completely gibbed and blown up are placed inside "Gore" in the base game's Meshes folder. But I've got nothing for the caps for severed (not blown up) limbs themselves. ?

One possibility would be to do the whole armor mod thing that some of the vanilla synths do but that would be a TOTAL PITA and I'm not sure I could really duplicate it. Otherwise, just put internal  separators so there are no see-through holes.

Yeah, I'd say internal separators are the best course of action here since they should be simple to do and get the job done easily.

I might start just with making all the armor parts double-sided. I've heard that's a performance hit but it's done all the time in the vanilla nifs, which was not true of Skyrim--makes me think maybe the FO4 engine handles them better.

Every single material file I've ever made or edited for FO4 uses the "Two Sided" flag, other than headparts and such where I simply copied the vanilla layout 1:1. And I've never experienced any bugs or issues or performance hits.

The only trouble those may cause is if the original mesh already had certain faces duplicated and flipped in certain areas to mimic the "Two Sided" effect without actually enabling the flag (e.g. certain long coats or skirts in the lower bits which are visible when looking from below). In that case you get double-sided shading on both sides and there's buggy lighting. But I haven't really seen a lot of those and even if it happens it's not that hard to solve, just have to delete the inside-facing duplicate geometry and that's it.

I don't suppose the Lupine mod works with this mod? Not exactly having the greatest compatibility with it atm. 

Loading in, the male does not change at all, and he changes to a weird human face furred body mishmash once character creation is done, plus in two games there was one save that had no hands or wrists. Shifting the plugins didn't change anything except for hanging the character creation right after the intro vid before the bathroom scene.

Spoiler

20220206200536_1.thumb.jpg.65d525568cb99bdee782616ef7a49245.jpg20220205222133_1.thumb.jpg.ee6cce1025a7671c917d8f0cb6117ced.jpg

Ah, wait, forgot to post my plugin list:

Spoiler

Saving plugin list:
    [0]    Fallout4.esm
    [1]    DLCRobot.esm
    [2]    DLCworkshop01.esm
    [3]    DLCCoast.esm
    [4]    DLCworkshop02.esm
    [5]    DLCworkshop03.esm
    [6]    DLCNukaWorld.esm
    [7]    Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
    [8]    LupineRace.esm
    [9]    AAF.esm
    [10]    TacticalReload.esm
    [FE:0]    GCM_DLC_Automatron.esl
    [FE:1]    GCM_DLC_Far_Harbor.esl
    [FE:2]    SavrenX HD Vanilla Armor.esp
    [FE:3]    SavrenX HD Vanilla Clothes Optimized.esp
    [FE:4]    SavrenX HD DLC Armor and Clothes.esp
    [11]    FlirtyCommonwealth.esp
    [12]    FlirtyCommonwealthFemale.esp
    [13]    LooksMenu.esp
    [14]    CBBE.esp
    [15]    LupineAzarHairPatch.esp
    [16]    FurryFallout.esp
    [17]    FFO_NPC_DLC.esp
    [18]    FurryFalloutNPCs.esp
    [19]    FurryFalloutDLC.esp
 LupinePlayer.esl (not checked in, but without it and Lykaios on it works just fine)
    [FE:5]    LupineCait.esp
    [20]    PiperCaitCurieDialogueOverhaul.esp
    [21]    AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
    [22]    MODGirlyAnimation.esp
    [23]    MODMoreGirlyAnimation.esp
    [24]    ValiusHDTextures2K.esp
    [25]    Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp
    [26]    dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
    [27]    Insignificant Object Remover.esp
    [28]    No More Fake Puddles - Nuka World 1-0.esp
    [29]    DOOMMerged.esp
    [30]    RU556.esp
    [31]    AK74M.esp
    [32]    G36Complex.esp
    [33]    GCM.esp
    [34]    TacticalReloadDLC.esp
    [35]    TacticalReloadVanilla.esp
    [FE:6]    FO4HHS_AAF.esp
    [36]    Dickys Pinup Outfit.esp
    [37]    FFO-Player-LYKAIOS.esp

7 hours ago, Moncoyoule42 said:

I don't suppose the Lupine mod works with this mod? Not exactly having the greatest compatibility with it atm. 

Lupines work just fine with FF4, as do any other race mods (as long as they're built properly).

7 hours ago, Moncoyoule42 said:

Ah, wait, forgot to post my plugin list:

"(Race Name)Player.esp" plugins should always go at the bottom of your load order, and as Bad Dog said you can only have one race's plugin enabled at a time.

Disable the Lykaios plugin and then enable the LupinePlayer one and place it at the bottom of your LO (right below "Dickys Pinup Outfit").