Using the console you could try this: player.placeatme 000E1646 1

[spawn on you]   [base ID] {#]

it should spawn 1 bandit chief on you allowing you to have a more controlled fight. let them get your health low and they should eat you. if you need a stronger enemy here's a list of all the NPC spawns.  If you don't mind starting a new game an easier method would be to use: player.placeatme 000753CE 1 to spawn a wolf in the cell with you then just let it attack you. The wolf should eat you before it can kill you. Anytime a shield appears that is attempt at eating you. Also DON"T HEAL! By default Swallow Heal should be on meaning that you will be healed fully upon being swallowed giving you a chance to struggle free.

Edited by SAOFan4Ever

Just to show it working here is a video I made very quickly.  it shows a controlled test in the cell and in Embershard Mine. It is unedited and uncut sorry.  I control an Xbox One Controller with mostly one hand so that's why the camera movement is weird. Also it seems I was just lucky during my earlier testing because I was nommed at higher health this time  

I am struggling to get the menu to load in the MCM?

usually,   setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1  works just fine at sort of refreshing the skse.. (which i think is usually the culprit when a menu doesnt show)..

but still not able to get it to come up after trying ^ a few times, a hour or 2 of playing, etc..

I do get [Vore] in chat menus.. and i do see the HUD stuff....

does load order matter any?

7 hours ago, zen12490 said:

So I noticed or it looks like you manually installed into the loader jc and race menu rather than downloading them from nexus’ site could that be the issue 

maybe. I manually downloaded all the mods off nexus [except libfire and SKSE of course]  just as Hatter does. Then I just installed them and enabled them. I am currently tinkering around with a windows 11 virtual machine to do an install on it myself. It's the closest thing I can do to help you troubleshoot this issue without breaking my windows 10 pc. Skyrim just doesn't want to run at the moment so I need to figure that out first

Edited by SAOFan4Ever
21 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

I am struggling to get the menu to load in the MCM?

usually,   setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1  works just fine at sort of refreshing the skse.. (which i think is usually the culprit when a menu doesnt show)..

but still not able to get it to come up after trying ^ a few times, a hour or 2 of playing, etc..

I do get [Vore] in chat menus.. and i do see the HUD stuff....

does load order matter any?

All I know is the XP32 Skeleton has to win any conflict. Here is my load order if it helps any

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Devourment.esp
SkyUI_SE.esp
CBBE.esp
FNIS.esp
MCMHelper.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

How I ended up fixing MCM issue was to wipe my Skyrim install and the Uninstall and delete the archives of all my mods in my mod manager. Just make sure to backup your Mod Downloads Folder and saves first.

Edited by SAOFan4Ever
1 hour ago, zen12490 said:

So I got it in your list switch the devourment to the last one and it works you have it has 9 I used 11 worked first time yes now it’s a fair fight 

Right, I listed the 9th version because Hatter didn't have the new video up yet. Glad to See you got it working finally. Going to post a Vortex install video myself soon.

ive reinsatlled the mod several times now and its stuck like how its showing, if i remove devourment all the empty bars go away. i think the dependencies are bugged, i cant use engine fixes because it errors out everytime i try to launch the game with it installed. the rest are installed but are showing as missing

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot2.png

8 hours ago, Parisa1997 said:

ive reinsatlled the mod several times now and its stuck like how its showing, if i remove devourment all the empty bars go away. i think the dependencies are bugged, i cant use engine fixes because it errors out everytime i try to launch the game with it installed. the rest are installed but are showing as missing

From what I can see your SKSE is wrong. Other then that make sure that your skyrim has been downgraded with the  Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher [Full Patcher]Your game version can be found in lower left of settings in game. If it is version 1.5.97.0.8  your good. If it is version 1.6.323 or higher it is wrong. After that make sure that you don't install any mods for 1.6.xxx or any mod uploaded after Nov. 11 2021. This is my quick answer to your issue. Also use this version of Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 

Devourment Refactor Correct Dependancies.jpg

Just updated the mod, updated all the dependencies I could (Jcontainers is unavailable for stupid reasons) and the MCM says my dependencies are missing.  I can't find CSF or BFSSE.  Perk Menu won't show either.  

On 3/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, KillJoyTROV said:

Just updated the mod, updated all the dependencies I could (Jcontainers is unavailable for stupid reasons) and the MCM says my dependencies are missing.  I can't find CSF or BFSSE.  Perk Menu won't show either.  

Scramble Bugs and BugfixesSSE are not required. As for the rest please try using these versions.

1. SKSECurrent Special Edition build 2.0.20 (game version 1.5.97)

2. Engine Fixes Part 1: (Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97

3. Address Library: All in one (Special Edition)

4. Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

5. Netscript Framework: NetScriptFramework SkyrimSE v18

6. SkyUI: SkyUI_5_2_SE

7. MCM Helper: MCM Helper SE (1.5)

8. XP32 Maximum Skeleton: XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (Main)

9. RaceMenu: RaceMenu Special Edition v0-4-16 (Old Files)

10. UIExtensions: UIExtensions v1-2-0

11. ConsoleUtilSSE: ConsoleUtilSSE (Old Files)

12. PapyrusUtil: PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions Version 3.9 for SKSE64 2.0.20 & SSE 1.5.97

13. JContainers: JContainers (SE) v4.1.13

14. Papyrus Extender SE: For Special Edition (1.5.97 and below)

15. Spell Perk Item Distributor - SSE: Special Edition (1.5.97 and below)

16. Custom Skills Framework : Custom Skills Framework v1

17. More Informative Console: More Informative Console 0.43 SSE Edition

18. LibFire : Version 1.0.7.1

19. Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE: FNIS Behavior SE 7_6

Recommended Mods

1. Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer : Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.6.2

2. BodySlide and Outfit Studio: BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v5.5.2

3. Alternate Start: (Main)

Optional Mods

1. Expressive Facial Animation - Female Edition: (Main)

2. Fuz Ro D'oh:  Version 1.7 (Old Files)

I kind through this together quickly from my notes.  In general don't install any mod that is for AE, 1.6.xxx, or that was upload on Nov. 11th 2021. The only exception is CBBE. Other then that please also use the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher [Full Patcher]. I'm sure you did that but I say it just in case. 

Edit: In trying to get a JContainers link for you I noticed what you meant. Unfortunately without JContainers I don't think Devourment Refactor will work too well. It must have been hidden recently then. 

Edited by SAOFan4Ever
JContainers and LibFire link added
4 hours ago, SAOFan4Ever said:

A link to the github was added by the mod author I added it to my post above. it should be the correct one  

Thank you.  I went through the list and everything looks updated correctly, but the MCM still says things are missing when they are there and up to date, and the perk menu still wont show.

16 hours ago, KillJoyTROV said:

Thank you.  I went through the list and everything looks updated correctly, but the MCM still says things are missing when they are there and up to date, and the perk menu still wont show.

Sounds like some of the files from the old install of DR didn't get fully deleted or your mod manager might be screwing up.

Please back up your

• Mod Downloads Folder: It can usually be found in settings and downloads in your mod manager. This is where all you mods archives are kept
  • Saves: Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/Saves
    • Your Game Settings are in the My Games Folder you should back up the entire folder if you are using an ENB

Then do the following

1.  Browse to your Skyrim Special Edition install folder
  2.  Go uninstall Skyrim from Steam
  3.  Double check that your install folder is empty
  4. Delete the empty folder for good measure
  5. Delete the Skyrim Special Edition Folder in My Games
  6. Open your mod manager
  7. Uninstall your mods and Delete the archives
  8. Reinstall Skyrim Special Edition
  9. Attempt to install DR and its dependencies again

Remember to use Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher [Full Patcher]

Your Skyrim Version should be version 1.5.97.0.8 in the lower left of settings

If you need more help I will be here to help

Edited by SAOFan4Ever
On 12/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, Gherking said:

Sorry, I typed up a whole answer for this last night but it seems like it never posted. Thanks, LL.

If you install that zip file of scripts, then Nether's wont teleport followers anymore. You wouldn't believe how many places in the scripts it tries to do that in lol

Putting the lone script file I attached into your scripts folder will let NPCs with custom races get skulls.

NetherNoTeleport.rar 91.93 kB · 16 downloads DevourmentSkullHandler.pex 8.44 kB · 8 downloads

So... Something with this. The NetherNoTeleport.rar somehow also disables the outfits system of NFF... I'm not even remotely sure how. But with it installed I get 0/0 available outfits.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:27 PM, SAOFan4Ever said:

Sounds like some of the files from the old install of DR didn't get fully deleted or your mod manager might be screwing up.

Please back up your

• Mod Downloads Folder: It can usually be found in settings and downloads in your mod manager. This is where all you mods archives are kept
  • Saves: Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/Saves
    • Your Game Settings are in the My Games Folder you should back up the entire folder if you are using an ENB

Then do the following

1.  Browse to your Skyrim Special Edition install folder
  2.  Go uninstall Skyrim from Steam
  3.  Double check that your install folder is empty
  4. Delete the empty folder for good measure
  5. Delete the Skyrim Special Edition Folder in My Games
  6. Open your mod manager
  7. Uninstall your mods and Delete the archives
  8. Reinstall Skyrim Special Edition
  9. Attempt to install DR and its dependencies again

Remember to use Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher [Full Patcher]

Your Skyrim Version should be version 1.5.97.0.8 in the lower left of settings

If you need more help I will be here to help

REinstalling this game (including re-installing the ENB and all the mods) takes hours.  Fuck Bethesda for their stupid YOU HAVE TO HAVE AE bullshit.  I think I'm abandoning this mod as it is way too much to update.  Makes me sad though as I love this mod.