After having failed with 3.32 and 3.33 i thought i'd try this 3.35.  Still have the same issues as with the others.  Only three options listed in the MCM and the chaurus spit does not trigger the animations.  The Estrus mod works just fine, alas this one is still broken for me.

Are you installing Estrus Chaurus 1.8.3 Fluids Plugin?

It's not for Estrus Chaurus 3.35.1

Nope, I'm not using the fluids plugin.

After having failed with 3.32 and 3.33 i thought i'd try this 3.35.  Still have the same issues as with the others.  Only three options listed in the MCM and the chaurus spit does not trigger the animations.  The Estrus mod works just fine, alas this one is still broken for me.

Are you installing Estrus Chaurus 1.8.3 Fluids Plugin?

It's not for Estrus Chaurus 3.35.1

Nope, I'm not using the fluids plugin.

In console:

stopquest zzEstrusChaurusMCM

Then

startquest zzEstrusChaurusMCM

Save & reload.

Open MCM, you most likely won't see Estrus Chaurus but opening MCM will trigger a mod refresh. It may take a few min for it to trigger. If that fails, try the following in console.

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

Huh. I'm pretty sure I did at the time, as my method of testing consisted of checking the settings were in order, turning on immortal mode, and running straight at a chaurus or three. it did work later, although I couldn't tell you why. The only thing I did that I can think of is that I reset SexLab because no animations were working, and reloading a save. If it happens again, I'll check if I have the poison effect or not.

What you may want to try is setting actor events to the 40% - 90% range for EC and avoid conflicting with mods like Defeat.

Okay, new character, as last one started breaking due to weird papyrus spam that causes crashes I can't find anything about. Same deal happened, character just stands there getting hit no matter the settings, with something like at least 10 poison effects on, until I reset SexLab, which fixed it every time without fail. In looking at the logs, it was different, as EC was registering correctly with Actor Events this time around, it just wasn't finding any animations, which doesn't make sense, as I am 100% certain I had creatures enabled. But yeah, it was definitely the SexLab reset that did it. Who knows, maybe this'll help other people.

Perhaps the question belongs here?

At this point, I wouldn't even call it a question. I don't know why it's happening, but I do know how to get it to work to a certain degree, and probably won't be able to 100% fix it by myself anyways, as I don't know nearly as much as jbezorg does about modding.

At any rate, even if I do have to reset SexLab every time I want it to start, I'm okay with that, as I'm used to having to do things like that with Skyrim mods. And for what is one of my favorite mods, even more so.

What FNIS version are you running? The last page in EC's MCM menu version checks all the required mods. Are all of them checked?

Huh. I'm pretty sure I did at the time, as my method of testing consisted of checking the settings were in order, turning on immortal mode, and running straight at a chaurus or three. it did work later, although I couldn't tell you why. The only thing I did that I can think of is that I reset SexLab because no animations were working, and reloading a save. If it happens again, I'll check if I have the poison effect or not.

What you may want to try is setting actor events to the 40% - 90% range for EC and avoid conflicting with mods like Defeat.

Okay, new character, as last one started breaking due to weird papyrus spam that causes crashes I can't find anything about. Same deal happened, character just stands there getting hit no matter the settings, with something like at least 10 poison effects on, until I reset SexLab, which fixed it every time without fail. In looking at the logs, it was different, as EC was registering correctly with Actor Events this time around, it just wasn't finding any animations, which doesn't make sense, as I am 100% certain I had creatures enabled. But yeah, it was definitely the SexLab reset that did it. Who knows, maybe this'll help other people.

Perhaps the question belongs here?

At this point, I wouldn't even call it a question. I don't know why it's happening, but I do know how to get it to work to a certain degree, and probably won't be able to 100% fix it by myself anyways, as I don't know nearly as much as jbezorg does about modding.

At any rate, even if I do have to reset SexLab every time I want it to start, I'm okay with that, as I'm used to having to do things like that with Skyrim mods. And for what is one of my favorite mods, even more so.

What FNIS version are you running? The last page in EC's MCM menu version checks all the required mods. Are all of them checked?

I'm running the latest on everything. The version sometimes goes to all 0's, and sometimes registers everything correctly, but I'm pretty sure I've seen animations running when it does and doesn't recognize the version. I'll see if that makes any difference. Is there any way to get it to recognize FNIS on command?

Alright, I made it half-work, but there's a whole list of problems with the mod. ._.

In the last page of EC menu, everything checks correctly, but while the chaurus does impregnate my character, it does by plain rape and not with estrus tentacles. I'm not exactly sure about the cause, I have Sexlab Defeat and Estrus mod works fine. However, in the Estrus Chaurus MCM menu, the estrus animations are greyed out, so I'm not sure about what can be the cause. Do I need to disable the Chaurus animations in SexLab? Or is it because FNIS is not recognizing the animation files? Is there a way to fix that?

Next issue is that the pregnancy shows but rather weird. While the character is pregnant, her belly and breasts "pop", that is, both parts change size continuously in a rather funny way. I got the proper mods set for pregnancy, and when I get her pregnant with normal sex, it works fine and there's no weird boob and tummy "pop".

Next, I might have gotten the "infinite egg-laying" issue as well. I tried getting attacked by a Chaurus twice, in the first case my character spent hours laying eggs, then she finished. But the second attemp, I had to end it using the uninstall option after many hours and a small mountain of eggs laid.

For some reason, after that happened, three more issues. First, her pregnancy never dissapeared. After laying eggs, in both cases, even the one where she finished by herself, she still looked pregnant (and still had the "popping" breasts and belly). I had to use the HentaiPregnancy mod to manually end all pregnancies and get her body back in shape, but after doing that her butt was still bigger than before the pregnancy (interestingly, while getting bigger it wasn't "popping"). I had disabled the residual grouth, and I though that only affected her breasts anyways, so I'm not sure about this.

Finally, the second time where I had to end the egg-laying manually, the chaurus was still friendly towards her, following her like a companion without attacking. Also, she got up but there were eggs still coming out of her. In the first try, this didn't happen, and someone killed the Chaurus before the pregnancy ended so I didn't notice this.

One last question is, what exactly is the animation that is supposed to be used for the egg laying? My character did both times by lying on the floor on her back, but all the screenshots I've seen show the characters on their fours.

So, am I the only one getting all this? Is there a way to fix any of them? It's funny how it works but there are so many little details that are messed. <_<

Alright, I made it half-work, but there's a whole list of problems with the mod. ._.

In the last page of EC menu, everything checks correctly, but while the chaurus does impregnate my character, it does by plain rape and not with estrus tentacles. I'm not exactly sure about the cause, I have Sexlab Defeat and Estrus mod works fine. However, in the Estrus Chaurus MCM menu, the estrus animations are greyed out, so I'm not sure about what can be the cause. Do I need to disable the Chaurus animations in SexLab? Or is it because FNIS is not recognizing the animation files? Is there a way to fix that?

Next issue is that the pregnancy shows but rather weird. While the character is pregnant, her belly and breasts "pop", that is, both parts change size continuously in a rather funny way. I got the proper mods set for pregnancy, and when I get her pregnant with normal sex, it works fine and there's no weird boob and tummy "pop".

Next, I might have gotten the "infinite egg-laying" issue as well. I tried getting attacked by a Chaurus twice, in the first case my character spent hours laying eggs, then she finished. But the second attemp, I had to end it using the uninstall option after many hours and a small mountain of eggs laid.

For some reason, after that happened, three more issues. First, her pregnancy never dissapeared. After laying eggs, in both cases, even the one where she finished by herself, she still looked pregnant (and still had the "popping" breasts and belly). I had to use the HentaiPregnancy mod to manually end all pregnancies and get her body back in shape, but after doing that her butt was still bigger than before the pregnancy (interestingly, while getting bigger it wasn't "popping"). I had disabled the residual grouth, and I though that only affected her breasts anyways, so I'm not sure about this.

Finally, the second time where I had to end the egg-laying manually, the chaurus was still friendly towards her, following her like a companion without attacking. Also, she got up but there were eggs still coming out of her. In the first try, this didn't happen, and someone killed the Chaurus before the pregnancy ended so I didn't notice this.

One last question is, what exactly is the animation that is supposed to be used for the egg laying? My character did both times by lying on the floor on her back, but all the screenshots I've seen show the characters on their fours.

So, am I the only one getting all this? Is there a way to fix any of them? It's funny how it works but there are so many little details that are messed. <_<

From Estrus Chaurus's description.

CONFLICTS

• Estrus Chaurus 1.8.3 Fluids Plugin is for Estrus Chaurus 1.8.3. Most likely, you don't have it. So don't install it.
  • Any other mod that uses node scaling on the same nodes unless specifically stated to be compatible with this mod.

So let me sum up

In the first battle of the mods. We've got two mods fighting for control for the same resource. Estrus Chaurus uses the node returning to normal to stop the egg laying. It was brutal and it took an hour for the two mods to fight it out but, finally, Estrus Chaurus won.

In the next fight between the two mods, Estrus Chaurus was sucker punched by being uninstalled while it was running. Hentai Pregnancy fans were seen rioting all over the player's body mesh. Celebrating their victory.

I don't have the fluids plugin installed, but it surprises me that the mod is not compatible with other pregnancy mods (unless it works with Sexlab Procreation?). I want to have my character pregnant, but not only from the Chaurus. Isn't there any way to make both work together?

Anyways, for the sake of testing this, I uninstalled Hentai Pregnancy and any related mod, but now the MCM doesn't load. Estrus Chaurus appears in Actor Events, I got a notification from EC saying that it was looking for animations, but that's all. Could this be related to the issue of FNIS not registering the Estrus mod animations properly, and using the plain rape animation for the impregnation? I'm trying in a save that I made prior to Hentai Pregnancy, and I've used the console commands that you posted, with no luck.

Anyways, for the sake of testing this, I uninstalled Hentai Pregnancy and any related mod, but now the MCM doesn't load. Estrus Chaurus appears in Actor Events, I got a notification from EC saying that it was looking for animations, but that's all. Could this be related to the issue of FNIS not registering the Estrus mod animations properly, and using the plain rape animation for the impregnation? I'm trying in a save that I made prior to Hentai Pregnancy, and I've used the console commands that you posted, with no luck.

Everything you said here is normal. You just have to keep on waiting and loading saves until the MCM menu finally appears. Sometimes the console command works sometimes it doesn't. It'll eventually load though. FNIS always has those warnings, it's unrelated.

I can wait for the MCM menu then, but I don't think the animaton thing is normal. I mean the fact that the Estrus impregnated my character normally (raping it with the SexLab animation) and not using the Estrus tentacles. Was that also caused by Hentai Pregnancy?

[EDIT] Okay, it finally activated, so I went to a clean save and tried it. As expected, this time the pregnancy worked as intended without weird stomach and breast "pops" and she got her body back to normal after laying eggs (she finished by herself as well), though I'm still curious about the giving birth animation. I though she was supposed to be on her fours, not laying on her back (can this be changed?).

Now ignoring that the only problem is what I mention in the first paragraph. My character gets raped "normally" by the chaurus, even though I had the SexLab Defeat mod deactivated, so there's no estrus action, but as I said, the estrus shouts work fine and the animations are there. Am I supposed to do something, like deactivate the chaurus animations in SexLab, or is there any other mod conflicting there?

I can wait for the MCM menu then, but I don't think the animaton thing is normal. I mean the fact that the Estrus impregnated my character normally (raping it with the SexLab animation) and not using the Estrus tentacles. Was that also caused by Hentai Pregnancy?

[EDIT] Okay, it finally activated, so I went to a clean save and tried it. As expected, this time the pregnancy worked as intended without weird stomach and breast "pops" and she got her body back to normal after laying eggs (she finished by herself as well), though I'm still curious about the giving birth animation. I though she was supposed to be on her fours, not laying on her back (can this be changed?).

Now ignoring that the only problem is what I mention in the first paragraph. My character gets raped "normally" by the chaurus, even though I had the SexLab Defeat mod deactivated, so there's no estrus action, but as I said, the estrus shouts work fine and the animations are there. Am I supposed to do something, like deactivate the chaurus animations in SexLab, or is there any other mod conflicting there?

If you're being bit to activate it, it activates the chaurus animations, whereas if you're hit by the spit attack, it activates the tentacle animation.

I don't have the fluids plugin installed, but it surprises me that the mod is not compatible with other pregnancy mods (unless it works with Sexlab Procreation?). I want to have my character pregnant, but not only from the Chaurus. Isn't there any way to make both work together?

A pregnancy framework is needed. Much like what was happening before SexLab one mod would start an animation then another would try to start another animation and make a mess. Both are accessing the same resource, the actor, and telling it to do different things with not much of a capability to communicate between the two mods.

Being Female looks promising as a framework.

If you're being bit to activate it, it activates the chaurus animations, whereas if you're hit by the spit attack, it activates the tentacle animation.

Would it use only the tentacles if I block the chaurus animations in SexLab then? I just wanna check that everything works as intended. All the times I've summoned a Chaurus I've gotten the rape animation and not the tentacles, and I'm pretty sure it used the spit attack some of these times, unless the effect has some delay it seems to me a bit of a weird coincidende.

A pregnancy framework is needed. Much like what was happening before SexLab one mod would start an animation then another would try to start another animation and make a mess. Both are accessing the same resource, the actor, and telling it to do different things with not much of a capability to communicate between the two mods.

Being Female looks promising as a framework.

Honestly, after taking a look it seems kinda bit too complex to my tastes. I do prefer Hentai Pregnancy, specially for a mod such as Estrus Chaurus that leans more to the fetish side than to the realistic.

Honestly, after taking a look it seems kinda bit too complex to my tastes. I do prefer Hentai Pregnancy, specially for a mod such as Estrus Chaurus that leans more to the fetish side than to the realistic.

If the final version allows the player to toggle features on and off then it's suitable for both which would make it perfect as a framework.

Okay, got it working. I'm going to disable it for the time being, since my character is not in a level where she'd encounter Chaurus yet, and I prefer getting normal pregnancies, but just to note that it does work, including the tentacles, but what a bitch to make it work, lol.

There's a detail, and it's the animation thing again. I see that the EC menu has a place to toggle animations off, and I would really like to make it never use any other animation but the fleshy tentacle ones (why would a giant roach use a machine or a weird magical sex tool, lol). I would in fact like to disable them entirely, including in the main Estrus mod. Is there an easy way to do this?

For example, if I delete all animations but the normal tentacle ones, then run FNIS, would the mods break, or just work with the only available (in the case of the main Estrus mod, the voice would only work on the first word)?

For the next iteration of the mod, maybe it would be a nice idea simply to take the animations and use them, considering that the other mod isn't getting updated.

i have installed the required mod and this mod. Then I tried to summon chaurus through console command. But its attack doesn't trigger the tentacle, what should I do?
Thx.

Do you mean that it doesn't impregnate your character in any way, or that it does, but only with the normal rape animation? if that's the case, disable the chaurus animations in SexLab, and keep your distance so it attacks only from far.

If you mean that it doesn't do anything except killing your character, then there must be a conflict with other mods. Try disabling Sexlab Defeat, and more importantly don't use any pregnancy mod, if you read my past posts that one fucks this one really bad.

i have installed the required mod and this mod. Then I tried to summon chaurus through console command. But its attack doesn't trigger the tentacle, what should I do?

Thx.

Do you mean that it doesn't impregnate your character in any way, or that it does, but only with the normal rape animation? if that's the case, disable the chaurus animations in SexLab, and keep your distance so it attacks only from far.

If you mean that it doesn't do anything except killing your character, then there must be a conflict with other mods. Try disabling Sexlab Defeat, and more importantly don't use any pregnancy mod, if you read my past posts that one fucks this one really bad.

Yes I use sexlab defeat, I'll try that disabled. I summon frozen chaurus through console, no animation started.

which one is your post? Link maybe.

Hello Jbezorg, I tried your mod and it worked quite great ! thanks for your job :)

I however have a few comments and questions:

- what's the purpose of the follower support ? Brelina could take a shower of chaurus spit and did not see any tentacles

- And i've read in your description page that the chaurus spit shouldn't trigger the tentacles every time, but it did ... i'd enjoy an MCM configurable probability.

- It is said that beeing tentacle-raped by a chaurus would add the player to the chaurus faction. Actually the raper was calmed but the other chaurus kept attacking. Is that normal ?

- As my character was struggling with tentacles, my follower was just standing still, like nothing was happenning. As the player is invulnerable during the tentacle scene, you could force the followers to attack (or to flee) so we have the feeling they want to help (or that they are afraid). Maybe there could even be a probability that the follower manage to interrupt the tentacle scene and save the PC ?

- The chaurus which ipregnate the PC should follow and protect her against non chaurus attackers, at least in the same area (could be fun)!

Now that my PC has laid her eggs, can't wait to see them hatch  !! :) lol

cheers

I'm not sure of it, simply type "help chaurus" in the console and look for one code that starts with three zeroes and ends with two labelled "Male Chaurus". It could be 000A5600, but I'm just picking it from memory and I'm probably wrong.

There's no such code when I type help "chaurus"

Then, when SOMEHOW, the chaurus spit work, the animation isn't working. No animation at all.

Quit game, load save -> CTD

Then, when SOMEHOW, the chaurus spit work, the animation isn't working. No animation at all.

Quit game, load save -> CTD

Is Estrus for skyrim working normally ?

i mean do you have the Estrus shouts and does it work on PC ?

I have defeat (4.2.1) as well, and no problem (execept what I've described a bit earlier which is not blocking nor related to defeat i think)