• 5 months later...

It is wonderful to see the progress that has been made.

Since is a community effort, I tried to make some tweaks to one of the most recent versions of the merfolk mod by Larasen.

The main goal is to add more immersion to this mod.

The following changes have been applied:

Mermaid tail form:
- Now using meshes from "Mermaid all Bodyslide"; installation of this mod is required (you don't need to activate the .esp). This gives the advantage that different body shapes may be used (both CBBE and UUNP HDT), and some additional items can be worn (jewelry, gloves, hats -- they wouldn't show on the player in the previous merfolk mods)
- any worn chest or leg armor will automatically drop to the ground (makes sense; wearing chest or leg armor would lead to strange visuals, too)
- added swimming speed buff
- added strong walking speed debuff (can merely crawl and slither; no more prancing through Skyrim on your tailfin!)

Mermaid leg form:
- removed magic ability to transform directly into tail form (getting wet is now the only way to switch to tail form)
- mermaid leg form has only rather weak abilities; to gain more power need to switch to tail form
- added a small walking speed debuff (after all she has left her natural habitat)

Overall changes:
- both mermaid forms are no longer overpowered; compared to standard races, mermaids in tail form are a bit more powerful, mermaids in leg form less powerful
- added "Mermaid Tears" potion, allowing players of any race to change into mermaid race in leg form (one bottle can be found at the Serpent Stone on the platform; jump into the water to switch to tail form); might not work on vampires (didn't try out)
- translated a few Russian spell names to English (just by guessing)

Requirements:
- Mermaid all Bodyslide (can be found on the Nexus)
- Apachii Hair (might work without, didn't try to remove the dependency)
- FNIS

Compatibility issues may arise with
- vampires (maybe)
- mods affecting walking speed
- mods using custom player animations
- mods forcing the player to wear certain chest or foot armor pieces (including hidden armor pieces)
If you experience problems, turn these features off in the other mods.

Mod comes in two variants (just install the corresponding ESP):
- Landlubber version (can switch between tail and leg forms)
- Shellback version (mermaid tail form may never change back to leg form, so two-legged would-be mermaids better shouldn't jump into the pool in Whiterun, or they will live like a fish in a glass bowl; beware of rain as well)

Credit goes to mearalikesmead, COCO 2048 and Larasen for their mermaid mods.

Enjoy ??️:shell:

Merfolk Immersive 1.0.7z

Why not using the Hover animations for walking and running on land, adding some some magical effect under your tail ( water for example) and going full magic? I tried with this pack and the coco's marmaid mod, only the idle clip on the terrain(The tail). The effect was pretty good but i didnt like the Tail being slot 32. SSE Version.

Spoiler

On 4/4/2020 at 9:17 PM, emily1673 said:

Since is a community effort, I tried to make some tweaks to one of the most recent versions of the merfolk mod by Larasen.

Mermaid tail form:
- Now using meshes from "Mermaid all Bodyslide"; installation of this mod is required (you don't need to activate the .esp). This gives the advantage that different body shapes may be used (both CBBE and UUNP HDT), and some additional items can be worn (jewelry, gloves, hats -- they wouldn't show on the player in the previous merfolk mods)
- any worn chest or leg armor will automatically drop to the ground (makes sense; wearing chest or leg armor would lead to strange visuals, too)
- added strong walking speed debuff (can merely crawl and slither; no more prancing through Skyrim on your tailfin!)

Mermaid leg form:
- removed magic ability to transform directly into tail form (getting wet is now the only way to switch to tail form)
- mermaid leg form has only rather weak abilities; to gain more power need to switch to tail form
- added a small walking speed debuff (after all she has left her natural habitat)

Overall changes:
- both mermaid forms are no longer overpowered; compared to standard races, mermaids in tail form are a bit more powerful, mermaids in leg form less powerful
- added "Mermaid Tears" potion, allowing players of any race to change into mermaid race in leg form (one bottle can be found at the Serpent Stone on the platform; jump into the water to switch to tail form); might not work on vampires (didn't try out)

[...]

[...]
- Shellback version (mermaid tail form may never change back to leg form, so two-legged would-be mermaids better shouldn't jump into the pool in Whiterun, or they will live like a fish in a glass bowl; beware of rain as well)

Merfolk Immersive 1.0.7z 15.14 MB · 15 downloads

Oh my god, this sounds amazing! Thank you for doing this, I honestly thought this project was gone for good. I can't wait to try the mod out! ?

On 4/5/2020 at 3:17 AM, emily1673 said:

Mermaid tail form:

Mermaid leg form:

Overall changes:

Requirements:
- FNIS

- vampires (maybe)
- mods forcing the player to wear certain chest or foot armor pieces (including hidden armor pieces)

Merfolk Immersive 1.0.7z 15.14 MB · 18 downloads

It's beautiful, though I suggest that instead of dropping the armour, put it in the inventory instead, since if you drop the armour in the river it's cumbersome to chase the equipment back again

thanks,  ice magic doesn't work for me...the mermaid is a very hardcore race. -10% speed is logical but can remove -10%,and use ddi 

fall with heels animation.  more buffs would like resistance to cold or magic.perhaps hands with webbed like fish. will be cool

14 minutes ago, Friend_a said:

thanks,  ice magic doesn't work for me...the mermaid is a very hardcore race. -10% speed is logical but can remove -10%,and use ddi 

fall with heels animation.  more buffs would like resistance to cold or magic.perhaps hands with webbed like fish. will be cool

It's all work in progress. And yes, it's intended to be a bit hardcore. (For an easy experience you can just use Larasen's original mod.)

I'd like to take a look at the "ddi fall with heels animation". Could you show me where to find it?

I've run into one issue with the shellback version so far. If I'm in tail form on land, in thrid person my character sometimes doesn't move at all for a while. Might have something to do with the idle animation not cancelling when i try to move?

Also what friend A said, the frost spells dont do anything, you can equip them, but there is no reaction at all when you try to cast them.

1 hour ago, Friend_a said:

so if  get up to apply ddi animation, our fish girlfriend .will fall because she is not trained to walk on her human feet)

Ah yes, I have seen that one. Adding a DD animation comes with the disadvantage, that DD becomes a required ESM (with a bunch of other ESMs). But in my other mod, I used the vanilla Skyrim "bleedout" animation instead, which is also ok.

1 hour ago, Threeshades said:

I've run into one issue with the shellback version so far. If I'm in tail form on land, in thrid person my character sometimes doesn't move at all for a while. Might have something to do with the idle animation not cancelling when i try to move?

Also what friend A said, the frost spells dont do anything, you can equip them, but there is no reaction at all when you try to cast them.

Difficulty to move is due to the runspeed debuff. Maybe I can tone it down a bit. I will look into the frost spell issue (though the reason might simply be that you don't have enough magicka at low levels).

-

Attached an image, showing off some jewelry. Tail-form mermaids can sit on a chair quite well. :)

ScreenShot8.jpg

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding here, I get that tail form is meant to be very slow on land,and I actually like it that way. It's just that the character gets stuck in place and doesn't respond to directional inputs at all for a seemingly random amount of time if I stop for only a second. It usually continues moving after a while if I hold a direction continuously, or i can get it to move immediately if i switch to first person just for an instant.

In fact in first person, it doesnt happen at all, the character just moves slowly as it is supposed to be, but never gets stuck in place.

I have run into the stuck in place movement issue on the Landlubber version while being a mermaid. Switching to first person for a second does fix the issue. I do like the slow movement speed while as a mermaid.

I have tried the frost spells with tgm enabled and they don't appear to do anything either.

One more thing ive noticed is that the mermaid tail and attire doesnt react to dynamic lighting. Resulting in them keeping the bright environmental light while in shadows and staying dark while near a light source in a dark environment. I'm told there is like a layer that should be on the texture to enable that sort of thing.

Here are some pictures.

20200408215332_1.jpg

20200408221420_1.jpg

There are also random instances where Also experienced the unable to move for a while issue. I just spam jump and hold a direction til the mermaid moves again.

Also whenever you get off a horse in tail form, there are random instances where you'd be temporarily stuck moving fast in one direction for a few seconds in crawl animation

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, donttouchmethere said:

Thanks!

You also never had a chance not to improve the merfolk with that avatar ^^

But it's Emily from DNA Twister: Gender Bender Extreme (an obscure little game but oddly appropriate to YPS given how Emily behaves in that game).

On 4/5/2020 at 9:52 AM, emily1673 said:

That's exactly why this happened :)

I remember checking this thread back when it was soundly dead, and lo and behold you've actually made it functional. Thank you soooo much, this might just make me re-install Skyrim, haha!

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, emily1673 said:

Mermaid tail form:

Mermaid leg form:

Overall changes:

Requirements:
- FNIS

- vampires (maybe)

Merfolk Immersive 1.0.7z 15.14 MB · 142 downloads

Love the concept, I wish this could work with custom animations, however. I'd like to simply be able use the tail when swimming, and then switch back on land, but with custom animations installed, horrifying things happen lol. Which is a pity, as the vanilla animations are so ugly. :(

On 4/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, emily1673 said:

Mermaid tail form:

Mermaid leg form:

Overall changes:

Requirements:
- FNIS

- vampires (maybe)

Merfolk Immersive 1.0.7z 15.14 MB · 144 downloads

I installed the SE Version of COCO's Mermaid, and was wondering if anyone had tried to make a race/curse mod out of it, and lo and behold, this mod has existed for years! I can testify that it does work in SE (to a certain degree). All that's required is using the SE version of Apachii Hair and an SE version of COCO's mermaid (I use the 3BB version).

It works well when used as a standalone race/appearance mod. However, there are a few things stopping me from keeping it in my load order:

1. Some setting in the custom race seems to prevent proper scaling/morphs by other mods (Sexlab Hormones didn't want to scale the PC's Breast/Butt/Belly, even if an update is forced by the MCM). It works with the normal COCO Mermaid armor, so I think it's something up with the race.

2. Additionally, Sexlab Hormones skin color change, while somewhat working (appears on loading a save), is cleared when transforming between leg and tail form.

3. With certain mods on save startup, particularly with a custom race character turned into a mermaid (via mermaid's tears), the default character appearance seemed to update/glitch out sometimes. For example, with YPS custom hair enabled (YPS SE 6.2.1), the character appears bald on startup, before loading the current hair (didn't happen with the same character+save before the race change).

It wouldn't surprise me if these errors are due to a nioverride layer/morph application setting (or it's just not meant to be transformed mid-playthrough). Unfortunately, as I use a number of mods that interfere with these (ex. Sexlab Hormones, Fertility Mode, etc.), a different solution was needed.

I came up with another way to get the same end effects by adding a custom enchantment to the actual COCO Mermaid tail (esp modification). I think the middleground might be the best option for my case. Something where the mermaid tail is an armor, but it's hidden from the player, and some player-attached spell (enchantment on a cursed item, permanent player curse, maybe even a disease from getting attacked by a mermaid from Female Monsters of Skyrim) is linked to an equip/unequip effect permanently attached to a player. If difficulty is desired, maybe make the unequip tied to a potion?

Also, if anyone's interested, I can post the modified Special Edition .esp for testing (also would come with a "skimpy" version of the top with just the armbands, to negate the wrist gap).

5 hours ago, Shugouchiha said:

How does one install this mod? Ive tried using mod organizer but I think I did something wrong.

Could you describe the problem? Will make the trouble shooting a bit quicker.

Basic install should be
SKSE. Current version is 1.7.3 https://skse.silverlock.org/

Fnis Grab behaviors, creatures and spells. (not sure if all 3 are needed) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811

Bodyslide and a body of choice (i.e. CBBE, UUNP) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015

apachiskyhair https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168

mermaid all bodyslide https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91398
This mod

Install skse to the skyrim directory
Install fnis and bodyslide with MO then in the drop-down on the right choose edit, A window pops-up and click on the plus sign choose add from file and navigate to the fnis file.  <ModOrganizer>/mods/Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users) and select the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe application.
click add.
Do the same for bodyslide
Install apachi, mermaid all bodyslide and merfolk immersive.
Run FNIS and bodyslide with MO.

MO will create an override file for FNIS and bodyslide
create an empty mod for FNIS and move the override content. (drag and drop)
do the same for bodyslide.

Also make sure that you click on the tick box in the left panel for all the mods to install them.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything important as I currently don't have Skyrim installed so going from memory.

• 2 weeks later...