[mod] Character Body Overhaul

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

image.png.ef5e309d2f9e4534ff68d0b606f5a53f.png

Idk what to tell you. It seems like a problem on your end. 

I guess my only thought is, is your documents directory on one drive. It looks like your game isn't reading some of the new models.

You were right, i took your files for the christian and muslim female armors and replaced the ones in my base game, now it's working 100% fine!

imagem_2022-06-08_233234762.png

I have noticed a glitch with the gender swap option: apparently, the teeth aren't moved according to the scaling gender swap, which causes them to clip with the head on settings higher than 50% (observed on a male model). This wasn't present in previous versions of the mod, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, Tryingtofixit said:

Thanks for the mod, good sir. But could I trouble you for a moment. I'm having an issue with shapes of female characters bust.

Whenever I create a female character with in game Ruler Designer, sometimes game changes female character's bust shape to something other than I choose.

Let's say I choose the "Normal" shape of breasts, nice, perfect shape of water drop. But sometimes game makes them something like, I don't know, each boob trying to get a divorce? They try to make a distance between them as much as they can.

I thought I messed up my DNA strings when I copy(I keep my character's DNA string in a txt file) and paste it in, so I checked my character's DNA string with Portrait Editer in Debug Menu but it shows the exact portrait that I created in Ruler Designer. It only happens to some of the characters that is actually in the game save. Not all the time, but some. Which bothers me even more.

I don't know what I'm missing here. Or maybe it's not even this mod's thing. I just hope to get any advices or suggestions.

I'm using Spouse designer from Steam Workshop, carnality mods(Unified Sex Mod Framework, Arousal Framework, Consequences, and Dei) and CBO mods(CBO, CBO clothes 1, 2, Naked Ruler Designer, and CBO Carnal Court.)

* Sorry about the bad English, grammar and stuff. English is not my first language... I tried to be clear as much as possible. Hope you can understand. Other than the problem above, every other things in the mod works perfectly. Thanks again.

Where can I find those CBO Clothes you mentioned? Can't find them on Google.

@Mange2020 I wanted to ask, I am playing with version 1.5.1.1. of the game, I haven't updated anything yet for fear of breaking the game, do you think it's safe to update the game and the CBO mods, CBO Carnal Court? I also see that carnalitas has not been updated since March, is there a problem continuing to use the current version of carnalitas?. It is worth mentioning that I installed their mods and carnalitas in April, so I have not updated them since I installed them.

Edited by EasyLane
I add more text
7 hours ago, EasyLane said:

@Mange2020 I wanted to ask, I am playing with version 1.5.1.1. of the game, I haven't updated anything yet for fear of breaking the game, do you think it's safe to update the game and the CBO mods, CBO Carnal Court? I also see that carnalitas has not been updated since March, is there a problem continuing to use the current version of carnalitas?. It is worth mentioning that I installed their mods and carnalitas in April, so I have not updated them since I installed them.

I can't speak for CBO Carnal Court, but I have used CBO and Carnalitas on 1.6 with no noticeable issues.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:20 AM, buttonpop said:

What do I need to edit in order to raise the maximum slider sizes for breast/butt/hip genes?

I have looked at old comments, but the breast/butt/hip size genes have curves instead of max/min values attached to them now. The breast size values are #'d out.

Edit: After experimenting quite a bit, I have discovered that the curve blocks are not entirely necessary, and you can manually add min/max values for each attribute. I still have some visual bugs to iron out with the breasts, but so far I have successfully doubled the butt and hip sliders. I think the shape values in the breast attributes are just messing it up, and the number of shapes are making things long and tedious.

It only says it on the breast shape values, but I have confirmed that removing the curve blocks on other values such as breast size, hips size, and butt size, the slider reverts back to a linear scale, which seems to be more convenient for precise edits anyways. The min/max sizes also seem to default to normal when not defined in the code.

Edited by buttonpop
finding answers
7 hours ago, buttonpop said:

I have looked at old comments, but the breast/butt/hip size genes have curves instead of max/min values attached to them now. The breast size values are #'d out.

Edit: After experimenting quite a bit, I have discovered that the curve blocks are not entirely necessary, and you can manually add min/max values for each attribute. I still have some visual bugs to iron out with the breasts, but so far I have successfully doubled the butt and hip sliders. I think the shape values in the breast attributes are just messing it up, and the number of shapes are making things long and tedious.

It only says it on the breast shape values, but I have confirmed that removing the curve blocks on other values such as breast size, hips size, and butt size, the slider reverts back to a linear scale, which seems to be more convenient for precise edits anyways. The min/max sizes also seem to default to normal when not defined in the code.

If you look in mod\char_body_overhaul\common\genes\excess genes.txt you will see the place where I created genes specifically for allowing the creation of much larger values. 

I wouldn't advise reverting to a linear scale. In previous game versions if an attribute returned a negative number it would simply be ignored, now the game will actually produce a negative result (so like concave breasts). The curve is better for precision anyway. Left column specifies a gene value and the right column specifies the attribute value associated with that gene value. Usually this is just used to make it so you don't get those negative results, but you can do some other stuff with it.

So in this example this attribute doesn't effect the result from 0 to 0.25 (which is the gene strength dealt with by the breast size min attribute). From 0.25 to 0.5 in increases linearly to 0.75 attribute strength. And then from 0.5 to 1.0 it increases to 2.75 which is a bit faster (it has to do with special behavior I gave to the perky shape). 

The TLDR is that the bottom left value should always be 1 and you can increase the maximum value of the curve by increasing the bottom right value.

setting = {
    attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" 
    # value = {min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }
    curve = {
        {0.0   0.0 }
        {0.25   0.0 }
        {0.5   0.75 }
        {1.0   2.75 }
    }  
}

The curve blocks are definitely necessary, because the max/min range is commented out, though I assume you must have removed the "#" in front of the min/max values. You need one or the other and can't have both be active.

Def agree about how tedious the bust gene is with all the shapes though lol, result of paradox making two types of clothed breasts, and 9 shapes. I've played around with making the shapes separate genes but it hasn't really worked. I usually try to use find and replace.

15 hours ago, EasyLane said:

Yeah it should be fine

On 6/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, Mange2020 said:

He's probably using physical attributes. I get rid of that gene in physical attributes. But I have a good reason. That gene creates a modelling issue. There's a seam in the shoulders because the head and body are seperate entities. I am careful to make sure that any body/head shape accounts for this. The old head/body is one of the ones that moves this seam. If you apply one without applying the other it creates a gross seam. I don't know why paradox is ok with this.

image.png.715a8d9931536c5694fdbb5c10dda9b1.png

Good to know. I never encountered it so far but i might refrain from using it.

22 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

If you look in mod\char_body_overhaul\common\genes\excess genes.txt you will see the place where I created genes specifically for allowing the creation of much larger values. 

I wouldn't advise reverting to a linear scale. In previous game versions if an attribute returned a negative number it would simply be ignored, now the game will actually produce a negative result (so like concave breasts). The curve is better for precision anyway. Left column specifies a gene value and the right column specifies the attribute value associated with that gene value. Usually this is just used to make it so you don't get those negative results, but you can do some other stuff with it.

So in this example this attribute doesn't effect the result from 0 to 0.25 (which is the gene strength dealt with by the breast size min attribute). From 0.25 to 0.5 in increases linearly to 0.75 attribute strength. And then from 0.5 to 1.0 it increases to 2.75 which is a bit faster (it has to do with special behavior I gave to the perky shape). 

The TLDR is that the bottom left value should always be 1 and you can increase the maximum value of the curve by increasing the bottom right value.

setting = {
    attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" 
    # value = {min = -1.0 max = 1.0 }
    curve = {
        {0.0   0.0 }
        {0.25   0.0 }
        {0.5   0.75 }
        {1.0   2.75 }
    }  
}

The curve blocks are definitely necessary, because the max/min range is commented out, though I assume you must have removed the "#" in front of the min/max values. You need one or the other and can't have both be active.

Def agree about how tedious the bust gene is with all the shapes though lol, result of paradox making two types of clothed breasts, and 9 shapes. I've played around with making the shapes separate genes but it hasn't really worked. I usually try to use find and replace.

I "solved" the concave breasts issue by just setting the min value to zero, but was still having issues increasing the maximum. I'll definitely try using the excess genes, since that seems much easier than just fucking around.

Edit: @Mange2020 The breast size max has still not increased. All the other genes seem to be working except the breast gene, whether I use the excess or normal files.

Edited by buttonpop

Tried updating to 1.6.* and I cannot get it to work. Any assistance? I'm getting incorrectly dressed characters, naked characters, bald characters, and a bugged as shit Fullscreen Barbershop.

image.thumb.png.97fef4d12e842a154a3f0c83dde93967.png

I've reduced my loadout to the following, all of which have been updated to the new game version. This load out order worked perfectly fine on 1.5.*.

1. Fullscreen Barbershop
  2. Carnalitas
  3. CFP
  4. CBO
  5. CBO CFP Compatch
  6. Carnal Court
  7. Carnal Court CFP Compatch
  8. Physical Attributes 

I've tried this load-out on 1.6.0 and 1.6.1. I've also manually downloaded the updated versions of CFP and FSB and moved them into my mod folder to ensure they were actually updated. I've also made a brand new playset with only those mods and still have the same issue.

I've also confirmed I've installed all the most-recent requisite files for CBO, Carn Court, and Physical Attributes. The only thing I can't update is Carnalitas because it's not updated, but seeing other people (and you, Mange) running on 1.6.* without issues shows me that shouldn't be an issue. 

EDIT: Okay so I think it's either CFP or FSB itself screwing the pooch. Deactivating ALL mods save for those two still results in naked rulers and a broken FSB.

EDIT: Yup it was either CFP or FSB not updating properly through Paradox Mods. Uninstalled them and sub'ed via Steam Workshop fixed the issue.

Edited by KingOfCairo
14 hours ago, trainst86 said:

image.png.d2e545b5ffecc744f6e807cf64f3781e.pngimage.png.fdaeec969971614e0ba71aa69d2c4b1a.pngAnyone know why charaters have no hair?

Im using only these mods

Carnalitas

char_body_overhaul

(with CBO_Carnal_Court, It works well in Carnal court, but I still see that happens)

I'm also experiencing this after updating. Only happens with Throes of Passion animations in the window, does not happen in Carnal Court.

22 hours ago, KingOfCairo said:

I'm also experiencing this after updating. Only happens with Throes of Passion animations in the window, does not happen in Carnal Court.

The bald issue is no longer happening but I've noticed the CBO animations are severely misaligned after the new update. Tested with multiple characters to see if it was a height issue, does not appear so. 

image.png.241b5fb93acf7995e207e546670740db.png

There also appears to be misalignment on some of the Carnal Court animations too (only noticing this in the two oral sex options (fellatio and cunnilingus). Interestingly enough the animations in Carnal Court which are misaligned in the "Throes of Passion" Window are not misaligned in Carnal Court (save for the previously mentioned ones).

I've made no modifications to any files in the mods I have. Tested with only Carnalitas, CBO, Carnal Court, and Physical Attributes active. 

image.png.d8de6105baac94e15b1b90a0ea837b25.png

Edited by KingOfCairo
1 hour ago, KingOfCairo said:

The bald issue is no longer happening but I've noticed the CBO animations are severely misaligned after the new update. Tested with multiple characters to see if it was a height issue, does not appear so. 

image.png.241b5fb93acf7995e207e546670740db.png

There also appears to be misalignment on some of the Carnal Court animations too (only noticing this in the two oral sex options (fellatio and cunnilingus). Interestingly enough the animations in Carnal Court which are misaligned in the "Throes of Passion" Window are not misaligned in Carnal Court (save for the previously mentioned ones).

I've made no modifications to any files in the mods I have. Tested with only Carnalitas, CBO, Carnal Court, and Physical Attributes active. 

image.png.d8de6105baac94e15b1b90a0ea837b25.png

It is 100% a height issue. The blowjob animation never worked with tall women. I could never get the height adjustments to work. It has a special adjustment animation to try to deal with it. Same with the standing animation, normally its not that bad though, I don't really use the non carnal court events anymore so idk what's going on there. I'll see if I have time to look into it.

Edit: If you only have those files active you need to redownload Carnal Court. Idk what you are seeing that icon. I got rid of it a while ago. Obviously not the issue but, it's weird that it's there. It's removed in the gui coding.

Edited by Mange2020
4 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

It is 100% a height issue. The blowjob animation never worked with tall women. I could never get the height adjustments to work. It has a special adjustment animation to try to deal with it. Same with the standing animation, normally its not that bad though, I don't really use the non carnal court events anymore so idk what's going on there. I'll see if I have time to look into it.

Edit: If you only have those files active you need to redownload Carnal Court. Idk what you are seeing that icon. I got rid of it a while ago. Obviously not the issue but, it's weird that it's there. It's removed in the gui coding.

Gotcha. I did notice minor misalignment with the previous version but nothing nearly as severe (talking about the non-Court events). The missionary scene the male character is floating a good foot above the female and humping the air lmao.

Will do a re-install of Carnal Court, as I've always had that icon when doing the 3D Carnal Court option (where you can cycle through animations).

2 hours ago, rosheen said:

Hello how can i increase the minimum breast size ? i was able to increase the butt size of everyone which worked nicely but cant seem to get it to work with breasts, 

The "beauty scales breasts" mod uses this modifier to increase the bust size of characters with beauty traits:

dna_modifiers = {
	morph = {
		mode = modify
		gene = gene_bs_bust
		value = 0.2
	}
}

I don't know much about modding this game, but assuming there's away to apply this to all characters, you could easily increase the average bust size of the world.

@Mange I've noticed that the muscularity of high prowess characters is still much lower than it was before you changed how the genes work. Is this WAD or am I missing something? I liked army of bodybuilders ?

@Mange2020 The maximum breast size ingame isn't increasing no matter if I edit the bust genes file or excess genes file. I've tried disabling mods, but that did not fix it. I am doubling the bottom right curve value on all the excess genes related to size. Do I need to double the shape genes as well or something (Edit: That doesn't work either.)?

Edited by buttonpop

Question:

Several updates ago, all hairstyles, male and female, were available for either gender.   Since that update, its back to male and female only for each gender.   How did you make the all hairstyles option happen.  I tried doing this on my own but got lost.  That one update was the first one to do that.   I would love to be able to choose from all hairstyles for my ruler.  Any help?  Maybe a new smaller mod just for that?  

Also, I'd be willing to try to implement the changes to the exsisting CBO if you had that older version.   Don't mind improving my modding skills.

Edited by frateralius
Update