AAF Family Planning Enhanced Redux

15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If memory serves, there is a maximum enforced by default, configurable in MCM. One option it provides is to not limit the number of births.

because i keep getting thje message of failed to birth in the debug after certain(around 20) babies born

52 minutes ago, Fake438 said:

Can I disable this mods functions if I only want to have wasteland diary features? 

A lot of its functions can either be turned off entirely in MCM or chances set to 0% so they effectively never occur.

5 hours ago, Fake438 said:

But the scripts would still run?

Yes, are you asking to have a custom mod made just for you which only includes scripts for the features you want to turn on and not anything else?

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, are you asking to have a custom mod made just for you which only includes scripts for the features you want to turn on and not anything else?

I am not asking for a custom mod to be made. I am simply concerned about script bloat. I play the game with Whispering hills installed so I kind of want to minimize the amount of scripts running in the background. 

9 minutes ago, Fake438 said:

I am not asking for a custom mod to be made. I am simply concerned about script bloat. I play the game with Whispering hills installed so I kind of want to minimize the amount of scripts running in the background. 

Well-designed scripts don't run constantly anyway. FO4's script engine is designed primarily to rely on registering for and acting on events, so scripts have certain events which will cause the scripting engine to call into them to run specific routines associated with those events, if and only if a handler for that event is defined. It might be something rare like "stepped into a particular region of a cell" or as frequent as "added an item to the player's inventory" or "a previously set timer has expired."

The problem is that mod authors don't always write scripts in a way that optimizes for engine efficiency, but fewer scripts doesn't necessarily mean less load. It has more to do with the quality of the scripts you're running than the quantity.

I'm sorry if there is an answer for this I've somehow missed but when is viability determined? I ask because I'm on month 3.8 and was just told by a doctor the baby is healthy, .2 of the month later the pregnancy fails and I've reloaded and tried again about 20 times now to the same result. Is what I'm doing pointless because it was decided on conception or is it just bad luck?

4 hours ago, chelzmcnamara said:

How long does it take for an NPC to have a baby? Like in hours

By default, assuming no breeder virus infection, an FPE "month" is 3 game days, though it can be set as low as 1 game day in the MCM. With a standard Fallout 4 timescale of 20:1 that means a human baby gestating for 9 FPE "months" (again you can alter the gestation period of different species in MCM) would need 32.4 real life hours (3*9/20 days).

Edit: Note that the above estimate assumes you don't sleep or wait, that would shorten it by however many game hours you skipped (one real life hour per 20 game hours skipped).

Edited by vaultbait
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

By default, assuming no breeder virus infection, an FPE "month" is 3 game days, though it can be set as low as 1 game day in the MCM. With a standard Fallout 4 timescale of 20:1 that means a human baby gestating for 9 FPE "months" (again you can alter the gestation period of different species in MCM) would need 32.4 real life hours (3*9/20 days).

Edit: Note that the above estimate assumes you don't sleep or wait, that would shorten it by however many game hours you skipped (one real life hour per 20 game hours skipped).

Thank you. At this point I've lost track of time but if I get the impregnation notification, does that most likely mean they will be giving birth at some point?

Just now, chelzmcnamara said:

Thank you. At this point I've lost track of time but if I get the impregnation notification, does that most likely mean they will be giving birth at some point?

Yes, eventually. Adjust the settings in MCM if you want that to happen more rapidly overall.

I have a question, when a child grows up in the commonwealth, does the resulting adult end up somewhere or gone forever?

I get a notification that "a child grew up in the Commonwealth" and I just wanna know if there's a point to even search for that adult.

5 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

I have a question, when a child grows up in the commonwealth, does the resulting adult end up somewhere or gone forever?

I get a notification that "a child grew up in the Commonwealth" and I just wanna know if there's a point to even search for that adult.

he/she should be out there somewhere (persistant ref IIRC).

On 6/13/2023 at 3:01 PM, Dont Tell My Parents said:

I'm not sure where this logs to but I've got the bug on CBBE and so I pressed log morphs and hope it's in here lol.

Papyrus.0.log 289.72 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, it's in there. Scroll down to line 1947 where is says this:

[06/14/2023 - 12:53:55AM] [HBD_MorphDebug] Logging morphs for Savannah : [Actor < (00000014)>]

The 165 lines of the log file after that contain details about all the morph values on the actor.

Hey 

did anyone figure out this cumflation thing 

I will try to explain the situation as best I could 

morphing works with looksmenu 

+ other mods that alters morphing 

my aaf works fine ( I use the wizard most of the time) 

I get no messages weather the receiver was the npc or the player 

the only message I get are “ I feel dirty doing this “ or another message that I don’t remember 

Hi, i've been using original aaf fpe from egoballistic for a while and decided to upgrade to this. I uninstalled fpe from egoballistic safely from the guide the mod described. After using this mod, the first pregnancy (my player) is running smoothly with expected behavior, but when the player got the second pregnancy, everything doesn't run as intended, like:

1. verbose mesage stopped popping.

2. belly and breast morph start to multiply out of control (e.g 3rd month pregnancy looks like 6th month pregnancy) and getting worse by the following months. (The first pregnancy didn't do this).

3. pregnancy doesn't stop or labor doesn't occur in 9th pregnancy although the default setting is 9th month pregnancy. So the pregnancy goes on forever (limit pregnancy is off by default)

I tried to clean reinstall the mod, even start a clean save from a new game, but get the same behavior after first successful pregnancy. Any Ideas what's going on?

On 5/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, levyEntity2008 said:

If you are using my modified version of FPE, then I forgot to mention that I also removed those quests. I found it kind of annoying that every time the pc or other NPC started to give birth, the quest activated. Over time, It will become long and tedious in the quest history tab. 

If you want those quests back, You can fix this by reversing back to Invictusblade's FPE or using fo4edit to copy and paste those quests back. If I have time, I can add those quests back for you. Which ever you prefered. And before you activate the mod, make sure your character and any NPC are not pregnant, just in case. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience. 

Hey, I'm using your version of the esp, and I did see that swapping to magic effects does let the player fertile/virile go away.

However, it looks like NPCs are still getting the perk applied and it doesn't seem to be going away. Did you make the same changes for NPCs?