[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

7 hours ago, Armchair said:

[...]Except for the Geckos I suppose[...]

I faintly recall an event chain where you encounter a shielded world with a timey wimey field going on. Which has the potential to spawn a relative advanced fanatic purifier reptilian civ if someone takes down the shield.

That fits the bill I guess.  That would explain the creation of the fanatic purifier faction out of thin air.  It was an AI player that opened pandora's box though, and I'm not sure precisely when they did it.   Trying to replicate the problem is a bit trickier.  I guess I can try bounding through the old auto-saves and hope that one of them catches the game in the act while midway through the event.

2 hours ago, Mythdral said:

Completely random, but does anyone know the source of Necro set 1, image 24, female?

I don't have the original image anymore, so I did an image search from the dds file. The only results I got were 2 pages, all of this website. Not sure if it helps but you'll at least have a better image/file to work with.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mugginnato said:

I don't have the original image anymore, so I did an image search from the dds file. The only results I got were 2 pages, all of this website. Not sure if it helps but you'll at least have a better image/file to work with.

Thanks so much. I tried the image search thing and came up with nothing. Though I think that is more I'm just a potato when it comes to that stuff. Lol

4 hours ago, Mythdral said:

Thanks so much. I tried the image search thing and came up with nothing. Though I think that is more I'm just a potato when it comes to that stuff. Lol

I tell a lie, had another look and I just found the original image on a backup hard drive.image.jpeg.fca906f70905b218dedff29bf7c90fd1.jpeg

I had a couple ideas for some sets that could be added.

Wyverns: Reptilian set. material might be difficult to find.

Hydras: Reptilian set. material is probably harder to find.

Hyenas: Mammalian set. there should be enough material.

I thought these could be possible sets to find, if the first two even have material to find in the first place.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:08 AM, Mugginnato said:

First troubleshooting step I always suggest is deleting VF, then doing a fresh download and install, then to test it by itself.

just vanilla framework by itself does indeed still result in a crash 

If this doesn't fix the issue, then I'd like you to go into VF/common/species_classes and delete or remove the class file of the species you don't have as well as the pre sapient file as it contains aquatic related stuff, and enclaves just to be sure. 

I tried that same problem

Another test you could do is the steps outlined above, but drop this file into species_classes before testing._100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt. If the aquatics show up, then it means that it was crashing because of a missing graphical culture and/or audio file. I've made similar files like this to address the issue but even though people download them, no one gave feedback so I couldn't confirm.

the current latest version you have on here does have that file in there already i compared this one and your latest vf aquatic class file and they look the same except for 2 new lines under custom portraits so i assume both have the same effect.

but maybe i can give you more details and it might help identify

so without the mod my game looks like this but if i turn the mod on ....it's gets a little funny.

Spoiler

710438195_normalvanillagamewithoutthemod.thumb.jpg.ad30a47c256b3054caafb025045804cd.jpg

with it my screen looks like this (note the appearance, planet, flag, and room will show up once selected but it starts blank and unselected which is unusual) and the city doesnt show up and the ship is a black box and if i hover over the ship it says aquatic ship.

Spoiler

364530119_errormessage.thumb.jpg.f28fc6c9c9c198d81d0d5f931c70187e.jpg

which leads me to believe it's something to do with aquatics which i don't think i can test any further as i don't have it.

1 hour ago, KingSuperJam said:

the current latest version you have on here does have that file in there already i compared this one and your latest vf aquatic class file and they look the same except for 2 new lines under custom portraits so i assume both have the same effect.

with it my screen looks like this (note the appearance, planet, flag, and room will show up once selected but it starts blank and unselected which is unusual) and the city doesnt show up and the ship is a black box and if i hover over the ship it says aquatic ship.

1 hour ago, KingSuperJam said:

oh yea and the aquatic species and images do show up with your mod.

the crash only happens if i click on either city or ship apperance and both give the same empire_design_invalid_gfx_culture error when hovered over

Okay, so all this suggests that the game is trying to call a gfx_culture that doesn't exist, but the modded aquatic class file and removing pre-sapients  should have stopped the game looking for an Aquatic culture. None of the pre-scripted country files use aquatic culture so I just don't see where this is starting from. 

Only solution I can think of might be to remove the Aquatic class file, the pre-sapients class file, the Aquatics portrait files, and the aquatic prescripted county file. This should remove all instances of aquatics. If not, all I can think of is removing all the dlc species in this way. 

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help.

10 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Okay, so all this suggests that the game is trying to call a gfx_culture that doesn't exist, but the modded aquatic class file and removing pre-sapients  should have stopped the game looking for an Aquatic culture. None of the pre-scripted country files use aquatic culture so I just don't see where this is starting from. 

Only solution I can think of might be to remove the Aquatic class file, the pre-sapients class file, the Aquatics portrait files, and the aquatic prescripted county file. This should remove all instances of aquatics. If not, all I can think of is removing all the dlc species in this way. 

thats what i thought so after i got some much needed sleep i did some further testing.

10 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help.

don't be cause you initial hypothesis was correct tldr, it is that stupid _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt file the pre-saptiants  doesn't appear to cause a crash in the character/empire creation but i cant say anything about actual gameplay (i just removed the lines of code for aquatics in it's file to be safe) and it does appear to be graphical_culture = aquatic_01 line in the code that does appear to be the problem (there is the feedback on your files no one gave you). however when replaced with humanoid it seems to make aquatics replace them in graphics culture and i dont think thats suppose to happen. and now for the long winded explanation and corrections.

Edited by KingSuperJam

If this doesn't fix the issue, then I'd like you to go into VF/common/species_classes and delete or remove the class file of the species you don't have as well as the pre sapient file as it contains aquatic related stuff, and enclaves just to be sure. 

so the reason this did not work baffles me , it didn't work for first 2 times i did that and it was only after i decided to remove anything that mentioned aquatics or pre-sapiaints that it worked for the first time, i don't know if it's irony mod manager and changes weren't applying right away (i don't understand how that would be though) or if maybe i deleting the wrong file trying to delete it. I don't know once i deleted everything aquatics and pre-saptiants in common\species_classes and prescripted_countries and gfx\models and also gfx\portraits\portraits then it worked, but i wanted to find out what folder/file in particular it was cause maybe it was a simple fix cause the race and images still appeared so i figured maybe it was salvageable. so i put back a folder at a time and tested it one by one and sure enough it didnt crash until i put back _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt so then i took everything out except that file and still crashed so i looked at that file and then compaired it with others and even the one you linked and it looked the same, i however missed your actual edit from graphical_culture = aquatic_01 to humanoid, somehow missed that one, but before i noticed this i had already tried to change that line but i changed it to mammalian and it didnt work. then i noticed you had this line disabled #playable = { has_aquatics = yes } (why is that disabled btw?) so i tried enabling it and that didnt work i noticed then you have playable = { always = yes } so i changed that to playable = { has_aquatics = yes } and then  it worked, and this is why i feel like irony mod manager is part of the problem i didnt change it back from graphical_culture = mammalian_01 and i think only just then on that relaunch of the game did the change take effect. since that recent change worked i had to make sure that was the reason so i changed playable = { has_aquatics = yes } back to have playable = { always = yes } and it still worked, so i deleted the edited file  and put the original back and just changed graphical_culture = aquatic_01 to graphical_culture = mammalian_01 since i thought that's what had worked and it continued to crash the game so i just gave up and deleted the file entirely cause apparently that works. then i ended up seeing under your required you said those linked files changes graphical culture to humanoid so i checked the file you linked again and then tried it and it worked (which baffles me to no end cause wasn't the point of that change to put it as something the game recognizes shouldn't mammalian have worked the same o.0 seriously wth.) i spent 3 hours troubleshooting this just for the second and third things i tried to be the fixes the entire time i'm so done. >.>

10 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

it does appear to be graphical_culture = aquatic_01 line in the code that does appear to be the problem (there is the feedback on your files no one gave you)

Thank you so much, now I know I'm not crazy! Also happy to see you could get it working again!

9 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

Very lengthy explanation 

I'd say you're right about Irony being part of your problem, although I don't know enough to be sure or even know why. When I was helping Armchair, they found that Irony had made a patch file and while this isn't the same sort of situation, it's possible you also had a patch file that that Irony made but hadn't update? Idk, I just the base games launcher and never really had any issues.

Playable = { has_aquatics = yes } being disabled is so that even if you don't have the dlc, you still have access to the portraits. If you didn't have the dlc, vanilla portraits would be blank, but VF disables them anyway. Based on all your testing, I may have to separate the dlc species into drag and drop files or some other system. Main point is, you have helped prove a theory and I thank you again for that.

11 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

so the reason this did not work baffles me , it didn't work for first 2 times i did that and it was only after i decided to remove anything that mentioned aquatics or pre-sapiaints that it worked for the first time, i don't know if it's irony mod manager and changes weren't applying right away (i don't understand how that would be though) or if maybe i deleting the wrong file trying to delete it. I don't know once i deleted everything aquatics and pre-saptiants in common\species_classes and prescripted_countries and gfx\models and also gfx\portraits\portraits then it worked, but i wanted to find out what folder/file in particular it was cause maybe it was a simple fix cause the race and images still appeared so i figured maybe it was salvageable. so i put back a folder at a time and tested it one by one and sure enough it didnt crash until i put back _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt so then i took everything out except that file and still crashed so i looked at that file and then compaired it with others and even the one you linked and it looked the same, i however missed your actual edit from graphical_culture = aquatic_01 to humanoid, somehow missed that one, but before i noticed this i had already tried to change that line but i changed it to mammalian and it didnt work. then i noticed you had this line disabled #playable = { has_aquatics = yes } (why is that disabled btw?) so i tried enabling it and that didnt work i noticed then you have playable = { always = yes } so i changed that to playable = { has_aquatics = yes } and then  it worked, and this is why i feel like irony mod manager is part of the problem i didnt change it back from graphical_culture = mammalian_01 and i think only just then on that relaunch of the game did the change take effect. since that recent change worked i had to make sure that was the reason so i changed playable = { has_aquatics = yes } back to have playable = { always = yes } and it still worked, so i deleted the edited file  and put the original back and just changed graphical_culture = aquatic_01 to graphical_culture = mammalian_01 since i thought that's what had worked and it continued to crash the game so i just gave up and deleted the file entirely cause apparently that works. then i ended up seeing under your required you said those linked files changes graphical culture to humanoid so i checked the file you linked again and then tried it and it worked (which baffles me to no end cause wasn't the point of that change to put it as something the game recognizes shouldn't mammalian have worked the same o.0 seriously wth.) i spent 3 hours troubleshooting this just for the second and third things i tried to be the fixes the entire time i'm so done. >.>

Delete prescripted_countries.

10 hours ago, odinido said:

Delete prescripted_countries.

while i feel like anyone without aquatics should delete the aquatic prescripted_countries file and the line of code in the pre-sapiant unless they have the fixed file and are fine with humanoid cities and ships saying aquatics, that wasnt the the cause of the issue as i mentioned it was the  _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt and the graphical_culture = aquatic_01 line of code in general that caused the crashing

11 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Main point is, you have helped prove a theory and I thank you again for that.

look i'm just glad my pain and suffering wasn't for naught, still far less hair pulling and insanity dealing with this then with trying to fix skyrim mods and im use to dealing with those. these are a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

Idk, I just the base games launcher and never really had any issues.

i started using irony cause of the merge feature, my game use to take 5-10 mins to load and after merging it takes like 30 seconds to load, working and dealing with crashing and having to wait upwards to 10 mins for the game to load just for it to crash before you can test why becomes annoying fast lol.

Edited by KingSuperJam
6 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

while i feel like anyone without aquatics should delete the aquatic prescripted_countries file and the line of code in the pre-sapiant unless they have the fixed file and are fine with humanoid cities and ships saying aquatics, that wasnt the the cause of the issue as i mentioned it was the  _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt and the graphical_culture = aquatic_01 line of code in general that caused the crashing

There is no problem in aquatic, problem in prescripted_countries. Delete prescripted_countries. It is only new feature what author make, so this broke the game.

Edited by odinido
1 hour ago, odinido said:

problem in prescripted_countries. Delete prescripted_countries.

i'm Telling you prescipted_countries is not causing the crashing problems. something in that folder is causing the empty creation windows where nothing is selected automatically like normal (planets, race city apperence ect.) but it is not the reason for the crashing. 

There is no problem in aquatic

there is a problem in aquatic, i don't have the aquatic's dlc as i have previously stated which makes this line graphical_culture = aquatic_01 crash my game, while i appreciate you trying to be helpful try to read what has been stated already cause the problem was already tested fixed and acknowledged.

There is no problem in aquatic, problem in prescripted_countries. Delete prescripted_countries. It is only new feature what author make, so this broke the game.

it isn't the only new thing as if you dont have the dlc ANYTHING AQUATICS is new and just to prove the point i tested just removing prescripted_countries, the game continues to crash, then i tested removing   _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt and keeping prescripted_countries, and it works. prescripted_countries is not the cause of the "CRASHING"

Edited by KingSuperJam
2 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

i'm Telling you prescipted_countries is not causing the crashing problems. something in that folder is causing the empty creation windows where nothing is selected automatically like normal (planets, race city apperence ect.) but it is not the reason for the crashing. 

Have problem identical to you, exsept i have aquatic and other dlc. With deleting prescipted_countries, my problem is gone.

there is a problem in aquatic, i don't have the aquatic's dlc as i have previously stated which makes this line graphical_culture = aquatic_01 crash my game, while i appreciate you trying to be helpful try to read what has been stated already cause the problem was already tested fixed and acknowledged.

Like i say there is no problem in aquatic, you just dont have dlc.

it isn't the only new thing as if you dont have the dlc ANYTHING AQUATICS is new and just to prove the point i tested just removing prescripted_countries, the game continues to crash, then i tested removing   _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt and keeping prescripted_countries, and it works. prescripted_countries is not the cause of the "CRASHING"

First, you dont know what causing ploblem, you think its aqutic because

On 8/21/2022 at 3:27 PM, KingSuperJam said:

Your assumption false. When i hower mouse its say zinara (from mod). So problem is not in aquatic.

Second deleting _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt not remove aquatic from the game, if problem was in aquatic you need to remove _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt AND aquatic from base game (01_base_species_classes). So NO aquatic not problem.

Third not having graphical_culture does not crashing the game in creation window, and the more it doesn't break creation window.

I think it's probably advisable for people who are using irony to create a fresh mod list whenever they're trying to re-install mods as part of a troubleshooting process.  The "fixes" mod that Irony makes looks like it is unique for each mod list.  So a fresh mod list should give you a clean slate in irony without any old fixes haunting your troubleshooting attempts.

18 minutes ago, Armchair said:

I think it's probably advisable for people who are using irony to create a fresh mod list whenever they're trying to re-install mods as part of a troubleshooting process.  The "fixes" mod that Irony makes looks like it is unique for each mod list.  So a fresh mod list should give you a clean slate in irony without any old fixes haunting your troubleshooting attempts.

I try remember this when giving troubleshooting steps. Should probably put up a section for it really.

4 hours ago, odinido said:

Have problem identical to you, exsept i have aquatic and other dlc. With deleting prescipted_countries, my problem is gone.

that just means your issue is different then mine ( or the cause at least), in my case deleting prescripted_countries does not fix my problem

4 hours ago, odinido said:

Like i say there is no problem in aquatic, you just dont have dlc.

i'm wasn't saying the dlc was the problem i was referring to the aquatic parts of the mod that are trying to access the dlc in particular this line: graphical_culture = aquatic_01 which throws and error because of the lack of dlc hence the fix for me ( someone without the dlc) being to change that line to humanoid instead of aquatic.

5 hours ago, odinido said:

First, you dont know what causing ploblem, you think its aqutic because

i do actually, and it is but not the dlc the mods code for aquatics and again since i don't have the dlc it crashes when trying to access it, i never once said the Aquatics DLC was the problem you assumed that everytime i have said aquatics im an purely reffering to the mods files for then not the official dlc it's self.

Your assumption false. When i hower mouse its say zinara (from mod). So problem is not in aquatic.

it's not an assumption, it's a fact based on my situation (it's very clear we have different issues and our situations are different.) also you can't tell me what i see when i hover over the ship in my game is wrong, our load orders and setups arent the same so it makes sense what we see would be different , case and point i have a picture i took with the rest of them i posted before.

Spoiler

1871103377_aquaticships.thumb.jpg.61141dc05685731820fed88a001a6ded.jpg

as you can see it says aquatic when i hover over mine not zinara.

Second deleting _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt not remove aquatic from the game, if problem was in aquatic you need to remove _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt AND aquatic from base game (01_base_species_classes). So NO aquatic not problem.

again your assuming im talking about the aquatics dlc, i'm not. deleting _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt removes aquatics from the mod because it's the main class file, without it the mod cant use the aquatic files it added, fixing the crashing from lacking the dlc since it no longer tries to access aquatic's anymore. the mod does not include a 01_base_species_classes file and since im only referring to the mod and the mods files when i say aquatic and not the dlc as that file has no relevance unless we are talking about the dlc which i was not further proves the point you misunderstood the entire conversation assuming i was talking about the aquatics dlc being the problem when i was talking about the aquatics side of the mod never the dlc except the fact that i didn't have it. 

im "assuming" your problem is that your game crashes in some way when you have prescipted_countries and you stop crashing once you delete it?
if that's the case maybe @Mugginnato can figure out what in that is causing the problem

and if you remember he stated himself on the mod page:

Requierments

All species DLC (maybe)

There have been reports of the game crashing during empire creation and it seems to be related to not having all the species dlc. I can't really replicate this issue, but if it does happen, then drop the relevant files (whatever species you're missing) below into the "common/species_classes" folder. This just switches their graphical culture to humanoid, which I think may be a main cause. If the game still crashes, them please let me know, as well as which of the species you don't have, so I can come up with another solution.

this is my feedback to you Mugginnato as i have the exact issue you were getting getting reports of and just like in those reports im missing a species dlc, the version of the _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt you linked me does fix the crashing issue and allows me to use it. ps. you don't have one for aquatics listed on the main mod page, which is why until you linked that one I couldn't actually try your fix lol ;)

Edited by KingSuperJam
59 minutes ago, KingSuperJam said:

this is my feedback to you Mugginnato as i have the exact issue you were getting getting reports of and just like in those reports im missing a species dlc, the version of the _100_VF_Aquatic_classes.txt you linked me does fix the crashing issue and allows me to use it. ps. you don't have one for aquatics listed on the main mod page, which is why until you linked that one I couldn't actually try your fix lol ;)

Shit, you're right, and I need to update them as well.