[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

@Mugginnato

I've started to put a new mod list together from scratch since I think some steam mod broke something on my end, and I'm trying to sift through the pieces to figure out what's wrong.  I need to check the workshop to see if there's a setting to disable automatic updates for those.

Anyway, pretty early on, when I was starting with just Vanilla Framework, Irony threw a warning about "common\species_name\xenophilia_species_names.txt"

Values for "home_system" weren't defined on lines 238 and 498.   Both lines are defining values for a species named the "Koletzal."   I doubt that it's a major problem since it doesn't seem to be causing anyone any problems, but you might want to pick a string to define that value just to dot the i's and cross the t's for the future.

3 hours ago, Armchair said:

@Mugginnato

I've started to put a new mod list together from scratch since I think some steam mod broke something on my end, and I'm trying to sift through the pieces to figure out what's wrong.  I need to check the workshop to see if there's a setting to disable automatic updates for those.

Anyway, pretty early on, when I was starting with just Vanilla Framework, Irony threw a warning about "common\species_name\xenophilia_species_names.txt"

Values for "home_system" weren't defined on lines 238 and 498.   Both lines are defining values for a species named the "Koletzal."   I doubt that it's a major problem since it doesn't seem to be causing anyone any problems, but you might want to pick a string to define that value just to dot the i's and cross the t's for the future.

Might be best to remove that file for now. It was added when I incorporated Xenophilia, but I didn't inspect it as I just assumed it worked and I've not made that type of file before.

To be clear, VF wasn't the problem and everything is running fine now on my end.   This was just something that Irony threw a warning about while I was assembling the fresh mod list and I wanted to pass it along.  I think everything does work with the existing file, unless perhaps something has the potential to go awry during runtime when the Koletzal get used.  Either way, the fix looks easy.  Just define some value for Home_system for the koletzal.

On 8/28/2022 at 2:56 AM, Armchair said:

I need to check the workshop to see if there's a setting to disable automatic updates for those.

annoyingly steam forces updates for mods , the best way to "prevent" unwanted updates breaking the list is if your using irony, just make a mod merge which makes it own separate install of all the mods in a zipped folder, it will then use that zip instead of the ones installed in the workshop folder so you wont get updates until you want to. since an update would ruin my list since i have made changes to multiple mods to better fit my tastes i personally use the merge function the compression one which made my game alot faster

Edited by KingSuperJam

If you google 'Steamworkshop downloader' and have the mod urls, you can have all your steam mods as local files. They don't work right away though, you need to delete the descriptor file inside the mod folder and make the .mod files yourself (use something like notepad). 

Downloading like this is basically how I check for compatibility issues with steam mods.

Edited by Mugginnato
11 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

If you google 'Steamworkshop downloader' and have the mod urls, you can have all your steam mods as local files. They don't work right away though, you need to delete the descriptor file inside the mod folder and make the .mod files yourself (use something like notepad). 

Downloading like this is basically how I check for compatibility issues with steam mods.

by that logic i suppose you could also just take the files from the steamworkshop folder and install then into the Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod like the mods from here (i'd rename it from numbers (mod id) to the mod name though) and then just open the descriptor file in notepad++ and change the path to the new location and make a mod.mod (example name) file with the proper info. steam wouldn't be able to touch it then either, and that point you can just remove everything but the descriptor file and copy in the new updated files if you wanted to update the mod.

1 hour ago, walear said:

It seams there's some kind of bug whit Angel portrait set, as when i run it, it bugs out and only shows the portrait I choose as starting leader one.

First step is to delete VF, then do a fresh download and install. I ran the game myself with angels just now and it was fine, so I think it's just corrupted files causing this.

12 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Stellaris Dev Diary #263 - Announcing Toxoids

Well, this could be an interesting pack to find portraits for. Kinda looking forwards to what you do with the new Toxoids.....

Edit: Looking at the portraits the Quarians might be a good one that currently exists to move into the Toxoids category...

I'm liking the ship designs. This could be a tricky one, looks like it'd be a mutant and re-breather type species. Quarians is a good shout but probably wont fit in too well. They'd might have to go in though, if the pickings were slim. 

My initial thought about toxoids was slime people, but the mod already incorporates slime people.  Beyond that I'm feeling creatively bankrupt and can't think of anything beyond copying existing species from other archetypes and making them more noxious by picking art that depicts that species in either a heavily disheveled/slovenly appearance or with emphasis on heavy smoking/drug usage.

I think the hentai stereotype of the "big fat ugly" guy might be able to fall somewhere under toxoid.  Maybe those pig-men style orcs too?

1 hour ago, Armchair said:

It just occurred to me that the Ghouls from the Fallout games are probably a strong fit for a Toxoid.

Yeah, had a quick look with a few terms. Ghouls and super mutants might be the initial step, but apart from them I was looking for stuff with hazmat suits, facial masks, and generally anything with a radioactive waste feel about it. Maybe heavy cybernetics and scaring sort of thing too could work.

There are probably some poison-type pokemon that could be mined from furries making anthro versions of them. Other monster shows/games like digimon work well, too, I once made myself a plantoid species portrait pack entirely from palmon pics off furaffinity and e621.

2 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

@Mugginnato so in _100_VF_Reptilian_classes.txt file why exactly is "Rep01" disabled? there are photo's for it and everything

It's because I forgot to clean it all up after I started separating them into specific sets. One of the new sets will take its place but just a heads up, I'm gathering assets for the new Toxics dlc, so the planned update for Rep, Fun, and Moll is on hold.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mati17 said:

hello I have problem with your mods something like this. I hve all reqiured dlc but this still happen need help.

I assume you mean the 4 empty portraits?

First step is to delete the VF, get a fresh download and install. 

Second, is to test VF by itself. 

If VF works fine by itself, then it was just some corrupted files, but if it happens again with all your other mods then it means there's a conflict.

If it were a conflict, it'd be an interesting one as all 13 VF humanoids appear. 

Hi. I have a problem similar to Mati17. 

When selecting species it doesn't show the portrait in the window. In fact the window doesn't show any usual elements like flag, room, cityscape etc.

When selecting Ship Appearance the game outright crashes.

That's a clean installation, with the previous 1.6 folder and .mod file removed.

I've attached error.log the game generates after the crash, hope that helps

Screenshot.png.6b2df2e6d879a70deae21d415cf3400e.png

error.log

11 hours ago, Vasya_135 said:

Hi. I have a problem similar to Mati17. 

When selecting species it doesn't show the portrait in the window. In fact the window doesn't show any usual elements like flag, room, cityscape etc.

When selecting Ship Appearance the game outright crashes.

That's a clean installation, with the previous 1.6 folder and .mod file removed.

I've attached error.log the game generates after the crash, hope that helps

error.log 549.21 kB · 0 downloads

Hmm, try deleting the default.txt file in VF's prescripted_countries folder. I did a small test last night based on a hunch with that file and it seemed to fix the blank/black elements, but I've never had the crash like you or other users so results may vary. 

1 hour ago, Mati17 said:

Hello it's me again I unable my all mods and is still happening I mean 4 black slots and tell me did I done something wrong here. 

Well, you have the ToT patch in the classes folder, so you need to have Tons of Tits installed And enabled. If you're not gonna add that Tons of Tits to you mod list, then just delete that patch file.