[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

Quick look says there's 5 pages of Stellaris mods. A fair few seem to be submods or lite versions of some older mods. Honestly, I don't think a list would have done you much good. 

Just aheads-up, next update will be soonish™️. I've finished (for now) all the event stuff and I'm just working on some primitive sets. The new event files will mean that there'll probably be more conflicts with other mods.

5 hours ago, Armchair said:

I simply didn't expect anyone to have such a list prewritten for you and thought you might need help on how to compile one yourself.

nah i've made a patch before so i know how, it's just been over a year so my memory is a bit hazy on which don't work and i dont know where my old files went, while i wasnt expecting people to tell me like 5 and so mods that dont work i was expecting some people to know at least 1 that technically "incompatible" but it's fine , im rested and done with the other stuff i was fixing so it shouldnt take me too too long to figure it out

Edited by KingSuperJam
3 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Quick look says there's 5 pages of Stellaris mods. A fair few seem to be submods or lite versions of some older mods. Honestly, I don't think a list would have done you much good. 

Just aheads-up, next update will be soonish™️. I've finished (for now) all the event stuff and I'm just working on some primitive sets. The new event files will mean that there'll probably be more conflicts with other mods.

while i was fixing everything else i was updating it would have helped alot actually, but it's fine i've already concluded that people dont know and am moving on since i'm done with my other fixes, shouldnt take me too long to get this done now

Glad to hear that you're making progress.  I hope I didn't come off as dismissive or anything along those lines.  It's hard to tell where strangers fall on the spectrum of "everything needs to 'just work'" to "I'll rewrite it better myself, uphill both ways"

3 hours ago, Armchair said:

Glad to hear that you're making progress.  I hope I didn't come off as dismissive or anything along those lines.  It's hard to tell where strangers fall on the spectrum of "everything needs to 'just work'" to "I'll rewrite it better myself, uphill both ways"

im just patching things to make them work cause i use the stuff and want it to, its no big deal it isnt like im doing any major work, i was just asking if anyone knew any off the top of their head to take a bit of load off my brain while i fixed other problem mods but it's fine , since i can focus on this now.

3 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

@Mugginnato assuming it wasn't intentional I went ahead and fixed it for you.

_102_SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_combined_Patch_1.9.5.txt 4.8 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, that was an oversight. Sorry to say, but the next update is gonna re-enable them, but just set them to none randomized. This is mainly because empires that start with robots get assigned their relevant types (humanoid, avian, etc). This also happens for players, but you can get the tech to mod them to the portraits you prefer. 

After this next update, I'll be focusing on revamping robot/machines. They've been neglected for quite a while.

8 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Thanks, that was an oversight. Sorry to say, but the next update is gonna re-enable them, but just set them to none randomized. This is mainly because empires that start with robots get assigned their relevant types (humanoid, avian, etc). This also happens for players, but you can get the tech to mod them to the portraits you prefer. 

After this next update, I'll be focusing on revamping robot/machines. They've been neglected for quite a while.

you could also just change what portraits they use to yours , just like with prescripted countries , mods that add those i get to work by just changing with portrait they are using, i did the same for the vanilla ones and re-enabled those, i'm not sure why you guys disabled them instead 

48 minutes ago, KingSuperJam said:

you could also just change what portraits they use to yours , just like with prescripted countries , mods that add those i get to work by just changing with portrait they are using, i did the same for the vanilla ones and re-enabled those, i'm not sure why you guys disabled them instead 

I can't remember why or when they got disabled in the first place. I'm re-enabling them because the plan is that for the robot/machine update after this one, there will be avian, humanoid, mammalian, etc basic robot sets that will replace them. They'll use the same names rather than 'VF_Avian_basic' and so on, this'll help make sure that even if I did miss a file or two, they'll still use the new art. Up until now, the available VF robot/machine sets just weren't suitable, and I think it was also to keep player and ai stuff a bit more distinct. 

1 hour ago, Mugginnato said:

I can't remember why or when they got disabled in the first place. I'm re-enabling them because the plan is that for the robot/machine update after this one, there will be avian, humanoid, mammalian, etc basic robot sets that will replace them. They'll use the same names rather than 'VF_Avian_basic' and so on, this'll help make sure that even if I did miss a file or two, they'll still use the new art. Up until now, the available VF robot/machine sets just weren't suitable, and I think it was also to keep player and ai stuff a bit more distinct. 

hmmm, i see well since i use your patch as a base it wont really cause that much more work for me xD, i'm looking forward to see what you do lol.

this may be niche but i'd like to share my patch using the 102 patch i added support for calcifire's portraits (i use the directors cut), gynoids, and the monster girl conversion mod (steam) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856517248 , the monster girl conversion mod uses the vanilla portrait names so im pretty sure it wont work with se humans. also if using monster girl conversion and the 104 patch I did with kRIEGERs 130 Added Empires: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2853841010 , i made a patch for that as well to fix them and changed some to use vanilla frameworks portraits and some using calcifire's (mainly toxoids cause monster girl conversion has no toxoids).

_104_MGC_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids_combined_Patch_1.9.5.txt kRIEGERs 120 Added Empires.txt

@Mugginnato

okay so i made less niche patches in the same vein as my personal one lol,  got one for "SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids" for those who use all the stuff from the 102 patch from vf but want to use gynoids , got one for "SEhumanoinds_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT" for those who use all the stuff from the 102 patch from vf but want to use calcifires portrait pack as well (i use the directors cut) , got one for "SEhumanoinds_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids" for those who use all the stuff from the 102 patch from vf but want to use calcifires portrait pack (i use the directors cut) and gynoids, and got one for "Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids" for those who want to use calcifires portrait pack and gynoids but dont want to use se humanoids. only use one btw , dont pair with with the other patch folder mods it follows the same rules as the included patches.

_103_SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids_combined_Patch_2.0 Exp.txt _104_SEhumanoinds_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_combined_Patch_2.0 Exp.txt _105_SEhumanoinds_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids_combined_Patch_2.0 Exp.txt _106_Calcifire_SSXrobot_ToT_Gynoids_combined_Patch_2.0 Exp.txt

Edited by KingSuperJam

I've been waiting for bug reports to trickle in since I launched the update and was rather confused/concerned why I wasn't hearing anything yet. When I saw I had 4 comments and 2 mentions now, I leaned back and thought 'now it's on fire'. But apparently not. Still confused why nothing has fallen apart yet.

13 hours ago, KingSuperJam said:

i see you change some of the robot randomization code.....but why though? prepping for the machine overhaul?

Right now they're needed for events, bit otherwise it was to reduce vanilla sets. It's only temporary, until the new species specific sets get added in the next update.

4 hours ago, Revan1108 said:

how can i unite portraits un the same folder (example reptile 02 portraits in reptile 01 carpet)

You'll have to go into the portrait files (VF/gfx/portraits/portraits) and edit them together so the look more like this:

image.png.1fdb601b596b49ec8726220429bd7718.png

I recommend naming your new file something like "200_VF_Reptilian_modded" so it'll load last, assuming you're not saving the changes to the original file.

Edited by Mugginnato
6 hours ago, Screws said:

What are you talking about?! I've found tons of bugs.. Ants, Arachnids, plenty of Arthropods roaming around! *Shivers*

You fucker, I read that and started panicking, then my brain caught up and I read it again. I have gone through literally thousands of images for robots, and I've got thousands more to go. My brain might be a little frazzled.