[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

9 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

You fucker, I read that and started panicking, then my brain caught up and I read it again. I have gone through literally thousands of images for robots, and I've got thousands more to go. My brain might be a little frazzled. 

Sorry! XD Not my intended target for that!

image.jpeg.da4426d039624e64c933ac56dac9bd15.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, ironic2007 said:

game crashes on empire creation while selecting ruler traits. To fix it go to Vanilla Framework\prescripted_countries\default.txt change leader_class = ruler to leader_class = governor

Should also do the same for the VF_stops_the_game_crashing_empire.txt file. 

Just popping this here for now, but there seems to be a persistent issue (at least for me) with the species tab not showing anything other than own starting species. Currently working to fix this, seems like another slight code change/addition to portrait files.

Edit: Okay, got a positive result so I should have a fix out soonish, I just need to add a few line to all the 'species scope' sections. The Observe command doesn't reveal shit anymore.

Edited by Mugginnato

have you thought of using stable diffusion to add art to a species where you cant find enough? you can train a furry (or whatever depending on the species) model on what you have and generate a few more. it would aid in expanding species that have maybe 30 or so but you want 60, maybe you can only find female, so you need male, etc.

7 hours ago, SThurkon said:

have you thought of using stable diffusion to add art to a species where you cant find enough? you can train a furry (or whatever depending on the species) model on what you have and generate a few more. it would aid in expanding species that have maybe 30 or so but you want 60, maybe you can only find female, so you need male, etc.

Honestly yes, I've thought about it, and I've use it too mess around and make some funny stuff for myself and friends. Problem is that I just don't understand it that well enough to get good and specific results. Also, I know there should be a training tab/section in SD but no matter what version I install it's just not there, so that really trows a wrench into the plan if nothing else does.

Edit: Launched it again because I remember there being a check for updates button, and somehow the Train tab has stealthed its way on to my version now. What the hell. So yeah, I'll have to look into training now.

Edited by Mugginnato
17 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Just popping this here for now, but there seems to be a persistent issue (at least for me) with the species tab not showing anything other than own starting species. Currently working to fix this, seems like another slight code change/addition to portrait files.

Edit: Okay, got a positive result so I should have a fix out soonish, I just need to add a few line to all the 'species scope' sections. The Observe command doesn't reveal shit anymore.

In my testing I also found that the species tab doesn't accurately display the species gender. I'll also be revamping all the portrait files to use the vanilla 'male/female/indeterminable' setting. Might use 'indeterminable' as the futa setting since I don't think it serves much of a purpose otherwise.

12 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Honestly yes, I've thought about it, and I've use it too mess around and make some funny stuff for myself and friends. Problem is that I just don't understand it that well enough to get good and specific results. Also, I know there should be a training tab/section in SD but no matter what version I install it's just not there, so that really trows a wrench into the plan if nothing else does.

Edit: Launched it again because I remember there being a check for updates button, and somehow the Train tab has stealthed its way on to my version now. What the hell. So yeah, I'll have to look into training now.

There is the hypernetwork and embedding training in a1111 by default, but it is basically a minor modifier to the model. you are better off training either a lora or a full checkpoint.
the following video will help with learning that.
A hypernetwork is useful mostly for pointing out minor issues to the ai (ie: hands having 6 fingers) and a embedding is something that people have stopped using at this point because it never worked in any reasonable capacity.
Loras are more of modifiers that can apply to multiple different models to add a particular style to a model trained on a particular object, while checkpoints are full models that can be trained on anything, and since almost every model today is based on sd2.1 or 1.5 they can all potentially generate most things, but the full checkpoint makes it more specific and easier to manipulate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-So4VYTL98

Sir, I found a bug. Somehow after the 3.8.2 gamefix, if you click the new tag of "choose leader trait"(the last bar in creation menu), the game crash. 

I'm using the newest hotfix of your mod, and only this mod activated. It works totally fine before 3.8.2.

Edited by fussyvirtu
7 hours ago, fussyvirtu said:

Sir, I found a bug. Somehow after the 3.8.2 gamefix, if you click the new tag of "choose leader trait"(the last bar in creation menu), the game crash. 

I'm using the newest hotfix of your mod, and only this mod activated. It works totally fine before 3.8.2.

I'm currently updating the portrait files which should deal with this bug, I think. Should have them finished today, it's just tedious mind numbing work.

• 4 weeks later...

With Lustful Void's update, I've found the futanari portraits no longer display on my futanari humanoid race. If I don't select a species gender on the "name" page, the portraits (except for the initial ruler) are all female. Even stranger, if I pick "indeterminable", they all become the exact same female portrait.

5 hours ago, hotenhornay said:

With Lustful Void's update, I've found the futanari portraits no longer display on my futanari humanoid race. If I don't select a species gender on the "name" page, the portraits (except for the initial ruler) are all female. Even stranger, if I pick "indeterminable", they all become the exact same female portrait.

I downloaded LV and had a look at the gender traits but nothing looks like it would affect VF. Could be a corrupted download, so the only thing to do would be delete LV and redownload and install and test VF and LV together. In case I messed up in the code somewhere, which humanoid set is it and have you tried this with other sets/species?

10 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I downloaded LV and had a look at the gender traits but nothing looks like it would affect VF. Could be a corrupted download, so the only thing to do would be delete LV and redownload and install and test VF and LV together. In case I messed up in the code somewhere, which humanoid set is it and have you tried this with other sets/species?

I'm also experiencing this issue with multiple different portraits. I imagine the LV update broke something perhaps?

After doing some poking i think it might be todo with Ruler titles? Since when futa is enabled my ruler seems to bug out and regenerate also. Only for futa.

Edited by Sondone
1 hour ago, XXXXX_EH29RR said:

As I see crop edges on mods portraits are normal , yeah ? will there be more femboys in this mod?

Yeah, if there wasn't, there'd be a lot less art. No real dedicated femboy stuff, if I find it while making a set and the art is good then I'll use it.

14 hours ago, Sondone said:

I'm also experiencing this issue with multiple different portraits. I imagine the LV update broke something perhaps?

After doing some poking i think it might be todo with Ruler titles? Since when futa is enabled my ruler seems to bug out and regenerate also. Only for futa.

Yup, tested it and it's the leader/ruler stuff that's busted. I'm gonna test with an older version of LV to see if it still happens, which would mean I messed up the code when I tried to integrate the base gender selection. If not, then I'll have to lift the old traits and make them a patch until I can sort this out.

Edit: Yeah, still busted with the older version, so I messed up. This could take a while to fix.

Edit the second: I figured it out. Used to be that "has_trait = trait_lv_futanari" would work fine for the leader scope, but with all the new stuff they added to the game it's changed, so now it should be "species = { has_trait = trait_lv_futanari }", a small thing but that's a lot of code to adjust given the number of sets.

Edited by Mugginnato
8 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Edit the second: I figured it out. Used to be that "has_trait = trait_lv_futanari" would work fine for the leader scope, but with all the new stuff they added to the game it's changed, so now it should be "species = { has_trait = trait_lv_futanari }", a small thing but that's a lot of code to adjust given the number of sets.

Does that only apply to the futa leader scope, or would the male and female leader scopes also need adjustment? I might be able to edit the txt files accordingly after work and upload here.

2 hours ago, hotenhornay said:

Does that only apply to the futa leader scope, or would the male and female leader scopes also need adjustment? I might be able to edit the txt files accordingly after work and upload here.

I've only checked with the futa trait, but I'm also applying the same thing to the male and female traits just in case.

6 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I've only checked with the futa trait, but I'm also applying the same thing to the male and female traits just in case.

Nice! Was just about to start updating the Multiplayer modpack we use on the Stellaris MP server. :D

So I've been playing with VF and new DLC and for some reason Paragon or Renowned leader events don't fire. I tried doing it through console, and the game can't even find the event to roll for the renowned leader. And I couldn't find it in the paragon_events_4.txt. Is it broken, or am I not understanding something? When I renamed the files to VF_paragon_events.txt, it worked, but the portraits of the renowned leaders became normal.

12 hours ago, masl said:

So I've been playing with VF and new DLC and for some reason Paragon or Renowned leader events don't fire. I tried doing it through console, and the game can't even find the event to roll for the renowned leader. And I couldn't find it in the paragon_events_4.txt. Is it broken, or am I not understanding something? When I renamed the files to VF_paragon_events.txt, it worked, but the portraits of the renowned leaders became normal.

Okay, so this sounds similar to the problem I had with the vanilla portraits slipping back in after the new dlc launched. Used to be the engine would take the latest instance (last mod to load) of an event or whatever and use that, but now it seems to default to the vanilla files in some way. So either the VF files need all of the related events in them, or I also need dummy (empty) vanilla files to stop the engine replacing the VF versions.

I'll have the portrait patch done by the end of today, so I'll also do some testing and put out the fix for this with it.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:33 PM, masl said:

Turns out I'm an idiot and forgot to rename those files, but it also turns out the game wasn't going to use my images anyway. Good catch, thanks for letting me know. A lot of people weren't getting renowned paragons due to this screw up.

Futa trait visually works now however every leader is still listed as a female Gender.

Also for some reason whenever I do a futa empire the Rulers name gets overwritten with a random one.

Maybe todo with them becoming Female on game start and not staying indeterminate? Not a massive issue since you can rename but effects other prescripted empires.

Also notice vanilla machines are now useable/not removed?

Edited by Sondone