[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

Hey, i don't know if i should write it to you or the author of lewd galaxy but the game crashes if vanilla framework is used alongside lewd galaxy on the broken shackles origin from the new dlc

Edit (22.03.2023): The bug still persists after the 1.9.5 update. The deletion of system initializers doesn't fix the crash

Edited by NeinNeinNeinNope
The bug still persists after the update
1 hour ago, NeinNeinNeinNope said:

Hey, i don't know if i should write it to you or the author of lewd galaxy but the game crashes if vanilla framework is used alongside lewd galaxy on the broken shackles origin from the new dlc

VF doesn't touch any of the origin files, so I'd be inclined to think it was LG. You can test by making a playlist that only has LG and test that origin again, if it crashes then LG is the cause, if not then that would point at VF having a relevant outdated file.

Edit: Okay, it's more than likely VF causing issues. The system initializer files are outdated, you can try deleting them for now. Also, make sure you have the relevant 'I don't have X dlc' patches applied. 

Edited by Mugginnato
On 3/19/2023 at 4:06 AM, Whoopsiedaisy said:

Hello. I've noticed that distant_stars_initializers is missing add_deposit = d_nanites_deposit line in # Scavenger Bot System section. Because of that the Scavenger system is missing the nanites deposit it's supposed to have.

Had a look at those files for the next update and it turns out that more than a few were changed, so a very good catch and thanks again.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, Mugginnato said:

The system initializer files are outdated, you can try deleting them for now. Also, make sure you have the relevant 'I don't have X dlc' patches applied. 

The crashes still occur when using the broken shackles origin with lewd galaxy and the deletion of the initializer files doesn't fix the issue. I don't use the dlc patches as i have access to them all

23 minutes ago, NeinNeinNeinNope said:

The crashes still occur when using the broken shackles origin with lewd galaxy and the deletion of the initializer files doesn't fix the issue. I don't use the dlc patches as i have access to them all

Delete VF, get a fresh download and reinstall, then test VF by itself. I suspect that there might be a corrupted file causing the crash.

I hope you are not fed up with me yet but this time I really found a bug. The new kemonomimi species class has no randomly generated species names so when a kemonomimi specie randomly generates it just leaves a blank box with no name as the species. Because of this, AI countries with kemonomimi species as a starter only have the name %adjective%
Tested on a fresh install of this mod but otherwise on full vanilla

Edit: Added example files and testing clarifictaion

Example.png

example1.png

50 minutes ago, NeinNeinNeinNope said:

I hope you are not fed up with me yet but this time I really found a bug. The new kemonomimi species class has no randomly generated species names so when a kemonomimi specie randomly generates it just leaves a blank box with no name as the species. Because of this, AI countries with kemonomimi species as a starter only have the name %adjective%

Thanks for letting me know. This was my first attempt at a custom species so I wasn't sure exactly what to do. I'll have a hotfix out soon.

Edit: Hotfix is up and seems to be working for me at least. I was having trouble getting the observe command to work properly so I had to manually look for them myself. The ones that I did find had names, so I think it works.

Edited by Mugginnato

Having some difficulty getting this to work.  When I try to load this mod in the launcher it recognizes it, but in the game itself it will just have the default portraits with none of the ones from the mod available.  Tried making a new playset in the launcher with just this mod and nothing else but had the same issue.  Also tried validating the local files of my install, but that didn't help either.  I have it installed in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\ like the other mods I downloaded and double checked that the mod file is pointing at the right folder but for some reason this one specifically isn't doing anything.  Any ideas?

34 minutes ago, kahool said:

Having some difficulty getting this to work.  When I try to load this mod in the launcher it recognizes it, but in the game itself it will just have the default portraits with none of the ones from the mod available.  Tried making a new playset in the launcher with just this mod and nothing else but had the same issue.  Also tried validating the local files of my install, but that didn't help either.  I have it installed in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\ like the other mods I downloaded and double checked that the mod file is pointing at the right folder but for some reason this one specifically isn't doing anything.  Any ideas?

First step would be to delete the VF folder, get a fresh download and reinstall because it could be corrupted files. If that doesn't fix it, I think you could try the Irony mod manager in case it's the launcher that's acting up. Also, You could try renaming the VF folder and correcting the.mod filer to match, I've seen this work for a few people.

This mod refuses to show up in either the standard launcher or Irony mod manager. Tried the two latest versions of the mod, including redownloading one of them and trying again. I'm at a loss on what to do. It looks like it should do in the mod folder with VF folder and VF.mod. What could be wrong?

4 hours ago, theSkarpur said:

This mod refuses to show up in either the standard launcher or Irony mod manager. Tried the two latest versions of the mod, including redownloading one of them and trying again. I'm at a loss on what to do. It looks like it should do in the mod folder with VF folder and VF.mod. What could be wrong?

First step is always delete VF, get a fresh download and reinstall in case of corruption. Also, double check that you have the mod in the right folder (as far as I know, the launcher and Irony use different folders). After that, you could try changing VF's folder name and changing the .mod file to point it at the new folder name. 

Irony and the default launcher use the same folders for mods.  C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod

This is where all of your *.mod files will live.  Traditionally a lot of people put their mod folders here too, but it's not necessary.  The steam workshop puts the *.mod files here but then saves the meat and potatoes of the mod in your steam library folders.   The *.mod file contains a line that tells your launcher of choice where to look for the meat and potatoes of the mod.

So the "Vanilla framework" folder should live at:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\Vanilla Framework

the *.mod file should live at

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\Vanilla Framework.mod

Double check the contents of the vanilla framework.mod file and make sure that it has the line:

path="mod/Vanilla Framework"

I know you were looking for suggestions for new races, and I was thinking for a slave race, you could add Hu-Cows, a human variant of the cows you added previously, of course they might be quite similar, but I feel like a few people might get a kick out of it, as well as there being a ton of material for you to work with.

Regardless, your work is amazing, please keep going, for all the degenerates like myself out there who don't have nearly the same amount of skill or know-how as you do.

4 hours ago, Trigoniris said:

The hotfix doesn't contain "Kemonomimi->KEM" fix for species_classes. It's in full 1.9.5 but figured I'd mention, mostly if anyone else needs to fix it too. idk if hotfix exactly needs to be reuploaded just for it

I knew I forgot something. The name and localization files seemed like the only difference at the time and I just overlooked that I changed the class for it because the species in game still read as 'Kemonomimi'. Reupload might be worthwhile, this next update is gonna be more involved than i expected. There's a bunch of unique species and character generations in events and I need to lock that shit down.

2 hours ago, Grem00 said:

I know you were looking for suggestions for new races, and I was thinking for a slave race, you could add Hu-Cows, a human variant of the cows you added previously, of course they might be quite similar, but I feel like a few people might get a kick out of it, as well as there being a ton of material for you to work with.

Regardless, your work is amazing, please keep going, for all the degenerates like myself out there who don't have nearly the same amount of skill or know-how as you do.

Hu-Cows we basically a guarantee the moment I made the kemonomimi species (could do with a better name though). I thought the new dlc would have a bit more under the hood for the liberated slaves stuff but nah. The MSI Slavers are generated via event, so I can make them unique at least. 

And thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying VF. Honestly, portrait mods are probably the most straightforward mods you can make, the only major headache was getting images to display correctly with LV's gender traits.

I don't have a list, but to my knowledge anything that tries to include their species within any of the pre-existing species archetypes like humanoid/avian/reptillian/etc will necessitate a patch.  From my own personal experience getting my mod list running, most of the time conflicts arose from mods placing stuff within machines/robots.

6 hours ago, Armchair said:

I don't have a list, but to my knowledge anything that tries to include their species within any of the pre-existing species archetypes like humanoid/avian/reptillian/etc will necessitate a patch.  From my own personal experience getting my mod list running, most of the time conflicts arose from mods placing stuff within machines/robots.

yes i know this, the reason i asked if anyone had a list is so i wouldn't have to go through every single species mod to see if it affected vanilla ones or not, cause when they need a patch most the time they dont even appear in-game and i dont know every single thing each mod adds so i'd have to search them all, (well most of them), with a list i only have to check certain mods and then go from there then i can just double check the other mods, i already spent the last 9 hours fixing a stupid civic mod breaking my policies e.e