[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

On 9/16/2022 at 1:56 PM, Mugginnato said:

Hmm, try deleting the default.txt file in VF's prescripted_countries folder. I did a small test last night based on a hunch with that file and it seemed to fix the blank/black elements, but I've never had the crash like you or other users so results may vary. 

Thank you very much! Deleting default.txt have fixed it. Ship appearance no longer crashes the game either.

image.png.851e26026541467a5e13fdbb5ae185ac.png

13 hours ago, Trigoniris said:

Smallish bug I caught about Toxoids update to VF. "solar_system_initializers/sol_initializers.txt" doesnt have new toxic god sol which seems to result in not being able to pick that as starting option in homeworld Name & class menu

Good catch, turns out a few of those files got updated and VF doesn't need sol_initializers.txt any more, so the fix is just to delete that file.

Edited by Mugginnato
20 minutes ago, zhali said:

Can you make it compatible with SE-Restyled since that does not work with the SE-Humanoid patch?

This has the vanilla portraits for SE-Humanoids enabled in case you also use it. If not, you can put the # symbol in front of those in the file. Btw, is Restyled taking over for SE Humanoids (which hasn't been updated in 2 years)? Asking since I don't use it, and might just drop the comp patch in favour of Restyled if its the new version that everyone one uses now. 

_101_VF_SE_Humanoids_and_Restyled_Patch_1.7.5.txt

14 hours ago, aceasulter said:

Does this mod take requests? Since I am suprised this mod has some pokemon, but no Lopunny! So that would be my request.

Well, I do take requests to a point, more looking for suggestions to fill out species. There being pokemon sets was more trying to increase the number of portrait sets than specifically making pokemon ones. Lopunny could be a set, but VF already has a rabbit set. Hmm, but it would be distinct enough so maybe it'll get added at some point?

hey got a issue, every appearance group besides molluscoid, avian, fungoid and lithoid have some sets missing n replaced with black squares. Tried it by itself and removed the txt u said to another user but still missing and ideas? regardless thx for the awesome mod 

10 hours ago, Ced1 said:

hey got a issue, every appearance group besides molluscoid, avian, fungoid and lithoid have some sets missing n replaced with black squares. Tried it by itself and removed the txt u said to another user but still missing and ideas? regardless thx for the awesome mod 

Thank you, glad you like it so far!

I think you might have a corrupt download, so delete the VF folder and redownload and install.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mugginnato said:

Well, I do take requests to a point, more looking for suggestions to fill out species. There being pokemon sets was more trying to increase the number of portrait sets than specifically making pokemon ones. Lopunny could be a set, but VF already has a rabbit set. Hmm, but it would be distinct enough so maybe it'll get added at some point?

Well I'd super appreciate it, Lopunny's massive ass ears would definitely serve as a difference, and there's no shortage of Lopunny art either, heh.

49 minutes ago, Ced1 said:

Tried got the same result 

Hmm, are you using Irony Mod Manager? If so, it could have made a patch that affects VF. It would be worthwhile to count up the blanked sets in each species and see if it matches what VF has, i.e, Mammals have 13, Reptilian have 8, etc. 

Also, if you are using Irony, maybe try VF by itself with the base game launcher. 

12 minutes ago, Mugginnato said:

Hmm, are you using Irony Mod Manager? If so, it could have made a patch that affects VF. It would be worthwhile to count up the blanked sets in each species and see if it matches what VF has, i.e, Mammals have 13, Reptilian have 8, etc. 

Also, if you are using Irony, maybe try VF by itself with the base game launcher. 

Using the paradox launcher, you think i should try to use irony?

48 minutes ago, Ced1 said:

Using the paradox launcher, you think i should try to use irony?

I don't use Irony, everything I know about it is from posts here. So if it's not Irony and it's not corruption, then I'm pretty stumped.  There's no obvious reason as to why this would happen. Ummmmm, maybe double check the portrait txt files and make sure the destinations are right?

7 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I don't use Irony, everything I know about it is from posts here. So if it's not Irony and it's not corruption, then I'm pretty stumped.  There's no obvious reason as to why this would happen. Ummmmm, maybe double check the portrait txt files and make sure the destinations are right?

i will try that but apologizes but what should the destinations look like?

7 hours ago, Ced1 said:

i will try that but apologizes but what should the destinations look like?

Sorry for the delay, you basically caught me as I was packing in for the night. Destinations look like:

texturefile = "gfx/models/Humanoid/Hum01/01HumF1.dds"

So if the .dds files location is different then all you'd need to do is rearrange the problem folders. 

For what it's worth, I still think this looks like a corruption thing. So maybe validate game files (if you're on steam) and do a fresh download and install again. I honestly can't think of what else it could be.

11 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Sorry for the delay, you basically caught me as I was packing in for the night. Destinations look like:

texturefile = "gfx/models/Humanoid/Hum01/01HumF1.dds"

So if the .dds files location is different then all you'd need to do is rearrange the problem folders. 

For what it's worth, I still think this looks like a corruption thing. So maybe validate game files (if you're on steam) and do a fresh download and install again. I honestly can't think of what else it could be.

Think I’ve found what caused it but going to work so can’t mess with it yet, lewd galaxy mod is part of the issue. When activated the missing sets are still gone but the black squares are replaced with their work n when not active it’s the black squares. Tried removing the patch n deleting that mod but didn’t work. 

15 hours ago, Ced1 said:

Think I’ve found what caused it but going to work so can’t mess with it yet, lewd galaxy mod is part of the issue. When activated the missing sets are still gone but the black squares are replaced with their work n when not active it’s the black squares. Tried removing the patch n deleting that mod but didn’t work. 

I'll just start messaging you for this.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:19 AM, Mugginnato said:

This has the vanilla portraits for SE-Humanoids enabled in case you also use it. If not, you can put the # symbol in front of those in the file. Btw, is Restyled taking over for SE Humanoids (which hasn't been updated in 2 years)? Asking since I don't use it, and might just drop the comp patch in favour of Restyled if its the new version that everyone one uses now. 

_101_VF_SE_Humanoids_and_Restyled_Patch_1.7.5.txt 1.14 kB · 5 downloads

Is there any way to make se restyled mode and portrait appear together?

When I use that patch file, the existing portrait is overwritten.

1 hour ago, xdwork said:

Se Humanoids Restyle portrait mod overwrites Vanilla Framework portrait mod

Vanilla Framework should be the last mod to load in you list. 

Is it just the Humanoids that are affected? Also, have you tested Re Styled and VF without any other mods?

Edited by Mugginnato