Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

9 hours ago, MemoryH said:

Not to ruin the chain of intellectual discussion, but does Nioh 2 have a gesture for winking? There's a pic on Nexusmods with a wink, so it's either done through a gesture, the Cheat Engine, or it's photoshopped, which would be very disappointing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/images/152

I haven't seen any gestures like that. I would assume Cheat Engine, with the ability to twist the body around as you like. It should be possible to mess with the eyes too.

1 hour ago, NumberXer0 said:

I haven't seen any gestures like that. I would assume Cheat Engine, with the ability to twist the body around as you like. It should be possible to mess with the eyes too.

The only thing I managed to find were controls for the eyes, the tongue, and the nose. Have yet to find what controls the winking. Would love to know.

I'll be updating the list once I've cleaned it up more.

20210313153110_1.jpg.13ccf7705512e3f6945d02de2677e837.jpg

EDIT: Cleaned it the best I can.

Link to updated list.

One thing that I would be interested to see would be using the cutscene face model of player character.

The character model from the creation screen is used in cutscenes, however the in-game model seemingly uses a simplified version of the mesh. Likely lower LOD.

Would be nice if there is a way to somehow use the cutscene models for general gameplay.

3 hours ago, meganightsun said:

is there one where the plates from the shinobi waistguard is removed?

On 3/6/2021 at 8:04 AM, anaslex said:

There is indeed.

Only the side plates though. I left the front and back ones because I thought it looked a bit daft without them.

Hi everyone! I want to thank the community for the awesome mods that has been made. Can I make a request for a mod removing the chest plate and plated waistguard from Suzuka armor? Basically, leaving only fabric. Unfortunately, I can’t make it myself because I have zero skills in modding and coding ?

10 hours ago, sora3 said:

Anyone had any crash to desktop as I've had a few situations where the game can't start up 

Yes I do, after the recent update. The game crashes and sometimes unusual FPS drop. And sometimes the whole game becomes slower. Idk if it's my PC's fault..

I've done an excessive amount of tooling around with how the meshes work in Blender, and I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out how to fix this damned problem.

Spoiler

1325200_20210314033720_1.png.74c85738a55c8573d839eec0b237dfcd.png

What I'm trying to achieve is getting the game to skip over the coat that's displayed here.

Spoiler

1325200_20210314033445_1.png.82636531b190bcd63d3ca197973d99f5.png

Try as I may, however, the end result is like this. To this day, I am continuously perplexed by how the hell this game renders the invisible part. Obviously it looks like it's rendering nothing, right?

Spoiler

1325200_20210314032931_1.png.6bcf98aa61959bcbfbe5a3ad08958dc9.png

I go ahead and try to add the shirt that's supposed to go over the invisible part, but what I end up with is this mess. I even went as far as transferring the vertex groups from the coated armor into the regular sleeves, and no matter what it will always end up like this.

Spoiler

1325200_20210314033014_1.png.3a82599e54604e405894a24436ad4a24.png

In the end, this is the best that I can do. I removed the "match_first_index" out of the texture override and assigned the entire mesh of the shirt into a single vertex group. Is there really no way of fixing this issue, currently? I feel like there's got to be some trick that I haven't looked into enough yet.

22 minutes ago, yzxch said:

Yes I do, after the recent update. The game crashes and sometimes unusual FPS drop. And sometimes the whole game becomes slower. Idk if it's my PC's fault..

The crashes are a fault of the latest patch, hopefully the next one will fix it, they said they are looking into it. FPS drops and slowdowns have been there since release, something they still need to improve. It is not your PC's fault, don't worry.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, murabito11 said:

This post uses a translation.

I've been trying to port the Skyrim mod "AkabirSamurai" to nioh2.
There were some difficult parts, but it seems to have been done well.?

samurai.png.c5a5341bcf52705298c7e2cc6d0539dc.png

Unfortunately, the original Skyrim mod was not made by me, so I can't upload it without permission.?
However, I may be able to provide something that will be useful when making new armor.

How did you deal with the texture and make the mesh behave that way? I reckon the body is never there in the first place so you have to add the body mesh into the armor hash innit? How did you avoid the texture error?

5 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

How did you deal with the texture and make the mesh behave that way? I reckon the body is never there in the first place so you have to add the body mesh into the armor hash innit? How did you avoid the texture error?

Seconding this question.

16 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

I solved the problem of how to display the body by replacing Shinobi Robes with a mod.
The "Shinobi Robes" are set to display the entire body.
If you replace such equipment with a mod, the body will still be visible.

There is also a way to make a part of the body show up.
I'm not in an environment where I can run the game right now, so I can't explain it in detail, but if you want to fill in small gaps such as the waist, you can do so without editing the mesh.
However, that method is not perfect due to some problems.

I'm also working on the skirt.
I don't have much time to work on it, so it will probably take a while.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:08 AM, anaslex said:

@RexTowers274

Looking at the pants, I'd say it's probably impossible. The issue being that there is most likely nothing underneath the pants, so if you remove them, it will just be empty space and no legs. I'll check later.

Is it possible to remove chest wrap of Otakemaru's outfit with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/105 and avoiding nothing underneath it and be empty space there?