Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

Gotta love the modding community, of course a fun game with a good character creator gets waifu mods within a month of release. Big thanks to all the people that have been experimenting with the extremely obtuse methods needed to mod this game, I hope to contribute at least a little when I get some free time. Really impressive work so far!

On 2/17/2021 at 3:34 PM, etsorhtt said:

Updated .ini for "Hide's Blade Removal" mod
Updated .ini for "Fundoshi Flap Removal" mod

should work with both motion blur on/off

hideyoshiblade.ini 977 B · 86 downloads flapremove.ini 1.21 kB · 132 downloads

The blade will still show up when I use the ninjutsu scroll that makes you invisible. The item is pretty important in gameplay of any stage. Can you plz try to fix it if you have time? Thank you so much.

Screenshot is attached.

20210309091240_1.jpg

W-we really need to find a solution for this issue:

2 hours ago, yzxch said:

The blade will still show up when I use the ninjutsu scroll that makes you invisible. The item is pretty important in gameplay of any stage. Can you plz try to fix it if you have time? Thank you so much.

Screenshot is attached.

20210309091240_1.jpg

There's too many hashes to be included for a mod to work in any condition @.@ my .ini files almost looks like Wikipedia just to make the mod works in Blur on and off, and Snake Theft Auto Japan Scroll things.

5 hours ago, yzxch said:

Screenshot is attached.

20210309091240_1.jpg

Replace the .ini with this one. Should work for blur on/off. Don't have a DLSS card, so probably doesn't work with that.

hideyoshiblade.ini

15 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

@ZReincarnation

I added your backless Chun-Li, I decided to make all variant with Backless option

5RiL9Af.png

it's in Nexus

I noticed~ That's awesome! 
Also I kinda found some rip of chun li's costume textures , in case you wanna do something with it.
Though I kinda think yours look kinda nice already tbh.

Also, thanks for all your hard work~^^

P.S.: Your Malay naming scheme for the files have so much WTF LMAO in them~ xD

1 hour ago, ZReincarnation said:

I noticed~ That's awesome! 
Also I kinda found some rip of chun li's costume textures , in case you wanna do something with it.
Though I kinda think yours look kinda nice already tbh.

Also, thanks for all your hard work~^^

P.S.: Your Malay naming scheme for the files have so much WTF LMAO in them~ xD

Oh, dandy (idk how to use that asset, unfortunately, quite frankly, I literally know Blender exist for like... 2-3 days ago).

I hope you liked the mod!

P.S, Sorry bout the naming, my brain insist to use fart name for everything. (things like this almost convinced me that I'm a retard more than I like to admit)

Is it possible to add Fishnet texture to the leg on the Shinobi waistguard and remove the plates in the middle. Just found this armor piece and it would be a great piece for a full Ibuki cosplay. Not sure if you guys are able to model swap, the waist on the Hakama I think is better as it covers the missing model on the leg. lol. Maybe someone might be willing to do it for me for a commission? I'm not that skilled in texture or model editing.

Spoiler

20210309140350_1.jpg?width=946&height=53

On 3/4/2021 at 7:35 PM, MemoryH said:

Wo-haha-oow! Seriously?!? ? Then it's as I anticipated. It's not compatible with game ver 1.27.00. Same thing happened to Nioh 1. Trying to use the Joint Controls on an updated Nioh game and BAM, game crashes.

Sadly, I read that you can't do roll backs for Nioh 2 to remedy the issue, even with Steam Depot. A lot of players on the Steam discussion forums aren't happy with it. (Only solution I can think of is pirate Nioh 2 ver 1.26.00.)

You'll have to wait for the creator to make a new one that's compatible with the latest version. Assuming the creator gets enough requests for it. I'd rather you wait for game ver 1.28.00 to release first since the current version is apparently buggy. Reports on random crashes and whatnot.

EDIT: Lol, never mind. It got updated! XDD

Link to updated Cheat Engine.

H-How to use this again?

I'm running into an issue with editing dds textures. Every time I attempt to export one, I'm greeted with this kind of preview. 
31uxK.png
To me, this indicates that the file has been corrupted in my edits of it. Sure enough, the texture doesn't seem to apply whenever I try to reload my mods. Currently I'm trying to do the inverted normal map fix. Does anyone have any pointers in how to do this right?
EDIT: I learned how to replace textures on custom meshes by downloading others' mods and reverse engineering my method that way.

4 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Oh, dandy (idk how to use that asset, unfortunately, quite frankly, I literally know Blender exist for like... 2-3 days ago).

I hope you liked the mod!

P.S, Sorry bout the naming, my brain insist to use fart name for everything. (things like this almost convinced me that I'm a retard more than I like to admit)

Like it? I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!

The thing is, as much as I love skimpy armor, I'm not so big on full on stark nakedness on the characters all the time coz it kinda don't make sense to me (except when Hide is using the hot spring coz it's an acceptable occasion for her to be nude). This mod is kinda EXACTLY what I need in my game. At this point, I'm just looking forward any other future possibilities since there's too little feminine outfits in the base game.

Also for someone who just got into blender, you are a wizard at it with all these mods you keep churning up at a daily basis. Hope you take some time to actually play the game as well instead for your own sake~

And I don't have any problem with the file names whatsoever. I just find it hilarious though xD

17 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

@ZReincarnation

I added your backless Chun-Li, I decided to make all variant with Backless option

5RiL9Af.png

it's in Nexus

I've messed with the texture for the chun-li one a bit to make it more dress-like with the golden rim on each side and fixed up the back as well. Don't look at it too closely, I'm a terrible artist and it's a hackjob :(

Spoiler

image.png.916ca835ccf3c3fcc73901b545229e1e.png

Maybe someone will find this useful.

Penli.dds

15 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

H-How to use this again?

On 3/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, MemoryH said:

Not sure if this counts as a mod or if it's in the correct thread, but there's a Cheat Engine for controlling the joints now.

Link to Cheat Engine

Nioh 2 -Joints List- (ver 1.26.00).txt 1.79 kB · 63 downloads

I've made a list of the joints. If you move a limb, it will affect all characters, so it's best used for taking pics of characters when they are alone.

Note that, if the game receives a new update, this Cheat Engine will stop working. Better make use of it while it lasts. :)

EDIT: In case you don't know what buttons to press...

-Number Scrolling. Hold "B" and use "I or K" to scroll through the numbers. Much faster than manually changing numbers.

-Joint Control. Hold "M" and use "J, K, L, U, I, O" to move the selected joint. Make sure nothing in-game is assigned to these keys.

-Moving the Character. Hold "N" and use "J, K, L, U, I, O" to relocate your character's position.

20210301205047_1.jpg.f8c2eddf7778b6e13e37c03695709e04.jpg

20210303234657_1.jpg.2a814533f911791436badfd529fe3eb2.jpg

20210304003147_1.jpg.4bc535abe3f3e5bd60067e47313cb6b4.jpg

20210304005004_1.jpg.8f5d0152228340a1efac8e6ba54e021f.jpg

3 hours ago, MemoryH said:

Oh hey I feel like I'm borderline retarded here but is there a guide on how you even set this up to begin with before you get to the controls? No experience using cheat engine nothing seems to pop up on the screen when press the buttons it just makes a noise and eventually the process crashes. I'd love more positions to work with than the default pins and emotes being awkwardly edited into images but I have no clue how to make this program start working.

Edit: Ah thanks MemoryH it was the wrong version, its working now just gotta remap my keyboard controls cause I accidentally slammed my char through the floorspace to death 5 times testing if the inputs worked just now xD

1 hour ago, Blood_Hawk said:

Oh hey I feel like I'm borderline retarded here but is there a guide on how you even set this up to begin with before you get to the controls? No experience using cheat engine nothing seems to pop up on the screen when press the buttons it just makes a noise and eventually the process crashes. I'd love more positions to work with than the default pins and emotes being awkwardly edited into images but I have no clue how to make this program start working.

If your game is version 1.27.00, use this link: (Nioh 2 Cheat Engine Ver1.27)

If your game is version 1.26.00, which nobody in their right mind would be using but definitely should since it doesn't have many issues, use this link: (Nioh 2 Cheat Engine Ver1.26)

Obviously, you need to connect the CE to the game for it to work. The button is on the top left, and then manually select Nioh 2 while it's running. Also remember to tick the box "Control Joints" to activate it. ?

If you don't use the correct version for the correct game version, the Cheat Engine will just crash the game.

If anyone is having trouble editing those textures, sounds like @Patchysouls figured it out a different way, just download paint.net, its free!

I've been refraining from reposting my own minor edits on @alpaca21's and anyone else's stuff but my manual edits took a bit this time.  Alpaca, how do you feel about posting edits on your work?

On the Chun li (penli) outfit, I opened the middle more, thinned out the top, removed the trim and some more for extra side boob, and tried to straighten awkward lines made by choosing to have larger than average... assets.  If you actually look at the file, it's pretty funny how the bumps and notches = straight line in practice.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9cb5ee4ed045a745935010566a1a4f0c.png

image.thumb.png.731992d9c07bf566cf70689d688c0a28.png

Alpaca, if reposting stuff like this bothers you, I'll take it down right away.

If you do want to use it, overwrite Penli.dss and/or Pecun.dds in Alpaca's Pecunli Cosplay after renaming the files to the right name

Pecun.dds Penli.dds thinner with back Penli.dds thinner without back

The rotations are working yay! Is there a place I'm able to see a display of which number is currently selected for the joints because I have nothing on the game or the cheat engine that shows which it's at in fullscreen or borderless, you mentioned scrolling is faster than manually entering the numbers but I don't see where I would manually enter the numbers if I wanted. Damn I'm bad with programs. Whoops didnt put that spoiler image in right.

Edit: Thanks again that helps!

5 minutes ago, Blood_Hawk said:

The rotations are working yay! Is there a place I'm able to see a display of which number is currently selected for the joints because I have nothing on the game or the cheat engine that shows which it's at in fullscreen or borderless, you mentioned scrolling is faster than manually entering the numbers but I don't see where I would manually enter the numbers if I wanted.

It's on the Cheat Engine. Look for the first option under the "Control Joints" tab. The value on the right will be at "zero". THAT is what controls the joints.

1 hour ago, arggme said:

If anyone is having trouble editing those textures, sounds like @Patchysouls figured it out a different way, just download paint.net, its free!

I've been refraining from reposting my own minor edits on @alpaca21's and anyone else's stuff but my manual edits took a bit this time.  Alpaca, how do you feel about posting edits on your work?

On the Chun li (penli) outfit, I opened the middle more, thinned out the top, removed the trim and some more for extra side boob, and tried to straighten awkward lines made by choosing to have larger than average... assets.  If you actually look at the file, it's pretty funny how the bumps and notches = straight line in practice.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9cb5ee4ed045a745935010566a1a4f0c.png

image.thumb.png.731992d9c07bf566cf70689d688c0a28.png

Alpaca, if reposting stuff like this bothers you, I'll take it down right away.

If you do want to use it, overwrite Penli.dss and/or Pecun.dds in Alpaca's Pecunli Cosplay after renaming the files to the right name

Pecun.dds 1 MB · 7 downloads Penli.dds thinner with back 1 MB · 3 downloads Penli.dds thinner without back 1 MB · 12 downloads

Go for it my dude!

You did great job on that, I would use that actually.

btw:

Spoiler

image.png.518dab60ea8fbdeca1269d2010003ff4.png

Would it be possible to edit Master Swordsman's Bracer (Hands) to remove the glove part from left hand and leave only the bangle/trinket on the right hand? Basically make the glove invisible so it will show a naked left hand.

2 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Go for it my dude!

You did great job on that, I would use that actually.

?  I just wish the hakama behaved the same way as the ninja top with transparency instead of turning black!

I like the hat!