[mod] Family Oriented [Stellaris 3.11 Update]

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kahad said:

Looks like there is something in this mod that breaks the game now.  I just get infinite blank event windows with it active.  Possibly something is wrong with the planet event that gives the modifier?

Open your console in-game and type in 'debugtooltip' without the quotes. Then hover your pointer over the empty event window's option bar (there's always one). The tooltip should specify the name of the event that is attempting to fire off. The event might be from this mod, or it could be from any other mod, even one from Steam Workshop. I know I got hit by blank events and it turned out to be from a Workshop mod that had, in fact, updated for 3.0. But for some reason Steam gave me a bad download and I had to Unsubscribe/Re-Subscribe for it to give me a good download.

11 hours ago, Kahad said:

Looks like there is something in this mod that breaks the game now.  I just get infinite blank event windows with it active.  Possibly something is wrong with the planet event that gives the modifier?

I've only done testing so far on game start but I'll try a quick game soon to see if something's fully broken. As far as I can tell, there seems to be some weird breaking when paired with some mods I play with. There's a good chance this mod will break with other mods but I don't know if it's because of mine or their mod breaking because of the new update.

In any case, if the mod breaks feel free to send me your mod list and I'll test any mods that we both have. This also goes for anyone reading this and is having trouble with their game breaking.

Edit: Sexpolis itself is broken due to the update but I don't know if it has any conflicts itself with my mod. 

List of mods:
(Barebones Playset) UI Overhaul Dynamic -> LV -> Family Oriented = Works at game start.
(Personal Testing Playset) UI Overhaul Dynamic -> Tiny Outliner + Compatibility patch -> Portrait Mod -> 99 Trait picks -> LV -> Family Oriented = Works at game start.

Ethics & Civics Classic -> Personal Testing Playset = Breaks Newest update works fine along with my mod.

Gigastructural Engineering -> Sexpolis Project -> Personal Testing Playset  = Works at game start.

59 minutes ago, dragondxlv said:

Ethics & Civics Classic -> Personal Testing Playset = Breaks.

I was about to recommend Revolutions - Ethics and Civics, since it's a slightly modified version of Classic and also up to date for 3.0, but then I just checked on Steam and Classic got a fresh 3.0 update just a couple hours ago. Maybe go poke it's Unsubscribe/Re-Subscribe button to make sure you've got a good copy of the mod files.

3 hours ago, Zorlond said:

I was about to recommend Revolutions - Ethics and Civics, since it's a slightly modified version of Classic and also up to date for 3.0, but then I just checked on Steam and Classic got a fresh 3.0 update just a couple hours ago. Maybe go poke it's Unsubscribe/Re-Subscribe button to make sure you've got a good copy of the mod files.

Did what you said, it works fine now with my mod ^^

9 hours ago, Shuuu said:

So is there an update in the works? I've had my eye on this and its dependancy mod for a bit now, no good lewd stellaris mods going around...

There is, I'm mostly trying to figure out how I want to build the mod around the 3.0 changes.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, dragondxlv said:

There is, I'm mostly trying to figure out how I want to build the mod around the 3.0 changes.

Seems to be a common perception. I hear 3.0 changed how events work from the ground up. Hope you figure it out, i'm looking forward to the future of this mod.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, FeverTheHeretic said:

I'm having a bit of an issue when it comes to installing this mod, I've downloaded the file and placed it in my mod folder.

When I check the launcher to see if the mod is installed it's not there, I have tried to re-load the installed mods but it still doesn't appear. Even though I have the Lustful Void mod which it is dependant on.  

I am also having this problem