[mod] Family Oriented [Stellaris 3.11 Update]

14 hours ago, dragondxlv said:

Are you using the experimental beta update? I haven't updated the mod for that beta so that might be causing the crash. Also helps to know what civics you're running since that might affect things.

---

After a quick but full playthrough to year 2400 with LV and my mod on the non-beta version of Stellaris, I have experienced no crashes so I'll need more info to try and help you

Using the current version of Stellaris, no beta's. Civics used were sex crazed breeders & pureblood dynasty. I also was using the family bound origin. 

2 hours ago, DoomSlayer96 said:

Using the current version of Stellaris, no beta's. Civics used were sex crazed breeders & pureblood dynasty. I also was using the family bound origin. 

Might be an issue with family-bound with how outdated it is compared to the rest of the mod.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:36 PM, bLean said:

I'm getting these kind of errors, can somebody tell me how to fix them?

image.png

image.png

Hi,
I'm having exactly the same kind of issues on my side on v3.10.4 with latest mod version (1.1.92beta).
Tried disabling both LV balance patch and LV game override, and select a basic character origin, and everything from the mod has .desc file inside as text.
Am I the only one having this issue ? 😮

1 hour ago, anonoane said:

Hi,
I'm having exactly the same kind of issues on my side on v3.10.4 with latest mod version (1.1.92beta).
Tried disabling both LV balance patch and LV game override, and select a basic character origin, and everything from the mod has .desc file inside as text.
Am I the only one having this issue ? 😮

Are you playing in a different language than English?

I though I could be a genius and tried to simply copy paste the english folder of the translation folder, rename it "french", and simply modify the title of the files inside to make it work, but sadly, it's not that easy. x)

Heyas, might I make a suggestion?

I got an idea while making an empire to spawn in my galaxy and is about somewhat of a "Family Crusade" , where the it would work like "Crusader Spirit" , it would be about spreading the the family far beyond their empire and make others to acept their view, maybe even putting members of their own family intro the new goverments?

9 hours ago, SouliK said:

Heyas, might I make a suggestion?

I got an idea while making an empire to spawn in my galaxy and is about somewhat of a "Family Crusade" , where the it would work like "Crusader Spirit" , it would be about spreading the the family far beyond their empire and make others to acept their view, maybe even putting members of their own family intro the new goverments?

I originally planned on making a family-themed subject type, and while I haven't given up on the idea, the coding part has left me putting it on the back burner for quite some time. The impose ideology casus belli might be easier to code but as far as I know, it only forces the losing empire to change ethics and not civics.

At the end of the day, I'm also just slightly hesitant to allow AI empires (non-machine/hivemind) to gain the incest traits for performance reasons but that would be the most accurate way to portray how much an enemy empire has 'accepted' your view. However, it does make it easier if you ever integrate/claim planets so you spend less time converting the already existing incestuous pops.

10 hours ago, dragondxlv said:

I originally planned on making a family-themed subject type, and while I haven't given up on the idea, the coding part has left me putting it on the back burner for quite some time. The impose ideology casus belli might be easier to code but as far as I know, it only forces the losing empire to change ethics and not civics.

At the end of the day, I'm also just slightly hesitant to allow AI empires (non-machine/hivemind) to gain the incest traits for performance reasons but that would be the most accurate way to portray how much an enemy empire has 'accepted' your view. However, it does make it easier if you ever integrate/claim planets so you spend less time converting the already existing incestuous pops.

Maybe as a set as an option with the "No" as default 

For while the AI and player, might get events that says that given the new "family goverment" is pushing an agenda and new pops will grow slower for some time but with a chance for the incest trait, both AI and player might try to oppose  , something like..

Event
* Pops growth: -20%
* Chance of inbreeding trait: 5%

"We acept our new family"
* Pop growth restored
* Each new pop gets incestous trait

"We won't acept such practices"
* Unity -x2 monthly production

• 2 weeks later...

Recently tried this mod.

Nice idea but it is not really suited for a "serious" playthrough unless you ignore any form of gene modification completely.

Reason:
The various traits don't get locked in the gene modding window but every attempt to apply a template to a species with that trait is fully blocked.

Meaning I can't alter a species in my empire even if I never intend on touching this trait.

As a side note the playthrough was with psionic ascension, meaning I ended up with 9 variations of my founder species (had a colony ship en route when I made the switch from latent psionic to psionic) and at least 4 variations of every species I conquer or house.

Some are interested in incest, some are devoted to incest, some are interested in incest and psionic, some are devoted to incest and psionic.

More species = more lag.

6 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Recently tried this mod.

Nice idea but it is not really suited for a "serious" playthrough unless you ignore any form of gene modification completely.

Reason:
The various traits don't get locked in the gene modding window but every attempt to apply a template to a species with that trait is fully blocked.

Meaning I can't alter a species in my empire even if I never intend on touching this trait.

As a side note the playthrough was with psionic ascension, meaning I ended up with 9 variations of my founder species (had a colony ship en route when I made the switch from latent psionic to psionic) and at least 4 variations of every species I conquer or house.

Some are interested in incest, some are devoted to incest, some are interested in incest and psionic, some are devoted to incest and psionic.

More species = more lag.

It's understandable, it's kinda same for, but i changed some of traits, so u can merge add, or remove them, but i feel it's kinda goes against the mod intent.
Mostly these lines:

species_possible_remove = {
        can_remove_beneficial_genetic_traits = yes
    }
    species_possible_merge_remove = {
        always = yes
    }

species_possible_merge_add = {
        always = yes
    }

FO_lv_species_traits.txt

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Recently tried this mod.

Reason:

More species = more lag.

You can gene mod but you can't apply the template to those that don't have the traits, thus if using incest traits, you want to go all in and make all of your pops have it via embracing it through policies or completely remove it by banning it. Pops will gain or lose the trait over time depending on the policy.

I mostly play with LV and go bio ascension so I always gene mod at some point but maybe I have to explain the mechanics better on the front page but the trait progresses like this > No incest > Incest Interested > Incest Devoted. It's not immediate and its intentional but your pops will eventually all be devoted over time and thus you can gene-mod them like any other species and apply the template after every single one has the incest devoted trait.

Another tip, if you want to gene mod but not all your pops have the incest devoted trait, gene mod the ones that do have the incest devoted trait and apply the template to those that fit, then just wait for the others to catch up so you can apply the template to them.

It's not ideal, but I can promise you that it's not THAT terrible since you're not gene modding 24/7 and I do all of this mod's testing on admiral difficulty.

Edited by dragondxlv

Hello, I'm trying the mod for the first time, and in this game, I'm following a fanatic spiritualist path. The thing is, my leaders are Psionics, and the leader of my faction is immortal. Obviously, his successor has died before him. The problem is that now all the successors generated are OLD, with a minimum age of 165 years. From there, they start dying very easily, and the window to choose a new one keeps popping up. Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how to solve it?

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 8:01 AM, angelmigel said:

Hello, I'm trying the mod for the first time, and in this game, I'm following a fanatic spiritualist path. The thing is, my leaders are Psionics, and the leader of my faction is immortal. Obviously, his successor has died before him. The problem is that now all the successors generated are OLD, with a minimum age of 165 years. From there, they start dying very easily, and the window to choose a new one keeps popping up. Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how to solve it?

I'm not sure but I'll try and replicate it, could you tell me what civics you had other than psionic ascension?

Edited by dragondxlv

I also have the issue of an immortal psionic leader frequently having old heirs who die rather quickly.

Is it possible that the script values are not expecting a very long lived species with an immortal ruler?  It looks like perhaps only a 20 year gap is made between the ruler and if your immortal ruler is already say, over 200 years old, the new one would be 180+ and close to death?

initial_age_gap = {
	base = 0
	add = value:val_FO_ruler_age_check
	subtract = 20
	min = 18
}

Edited by Raiven
23 hours ago, dragondxlv said:

I'm not sure but I'll try and replicate it, could you tell me what civics you had other than psionic ascension?

I have several mods enabled, but I don't think there's one activated that gives a trait influencing lifespan or death. 🤔 I don't know how to respond.

6 hours ago, Raiven said:

I also have the issue of an immortal psionic leader frequently having old heirs who die rather quickly.

Is it possible that the script values are not expecting a very long lived species with an immortal ruler?  It looks like perhaps only a 20 year gap is made between the ruler and if your immortal ruler is already say, over 200 years old, the new one would be 180+ and close to death?

initial_age_gap = {
	base = 0
	subtract = 20
	min = 18
}

Ah, now that you mention it, they did have that age difference, and the problem you mentioned occurred. As an improvised solution, I sort of "cheated" by using code to give the "Chosen" trait to the leader about to die.

imagen_2024-03-20_214123827.png

Edited by angelmigel
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Raiven said:

initial_age_gap = {
	base = 0
	subtract = 20
	min = 18
}

Oh. Well, that was an oversight on my part. I never took account of rulers far outliving their heirs because I usually have both heir and ruler immortal by a certain point with the holy family ascension or some other method (or both just die and get replaced), well this will be an easy fix by just putting a maximum age on that scripted value, thanks for finding it!

Edited by dragondxlv
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice mod you've made!

I have a question about one of the screenshots. Is there a source for the image in the first one? The one with the pregnant white-haired girl covered in cum.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:58 PM, YutahP said:

Nice mod you've made!

I have a question about one of the screenshots. Is there a source for the image in the first one? The one with the pregnant white-haired girl covered in cum.

image.thumb.png.d7941b55ebe110d531d1889791d68902.png

It's AI-generated, it's a lot more obvious with the full image.