[mod] Family Oriented [Stellaris 3.11 Update]

Okay for the tradition tree, here's some possible descriptions and rewards for them.

Oedipus Complex:

"The greatest honor a mother can have is their children's undying love! Our people often mark adulthood when they make their mother a grandmother."

+5% population growth and /or +5% happiness

For Family Oriented

"We pride ourselves for our strong filial piety, with our families and their estates growing ever larger, we have formed a superior division of labor capable of meeting our empire's needs!" 

+5% Worker output

OR if that's not horny enough

"We pride ourselves for our strong filial piety and love for families, we should demonstrate both by encouraging procreative exhibitionist sex."

+10% ruling ideology bonus, +5% to sex jobs

I really tied to avoid suggesting pop growth, since every trait seems to give it already. The only one I'd advise giving it too would be Oedipus complex specifically for the mythological connotations. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 11:33 AM, Torpy said:

"Supported (I feel like I need a better term for this, perhaps Legalized?)"

I think something like  embraced could work.

I like it! Doesn't sound too oppressing like my original thought of "Enforced" and feels like a step up from accepted.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:40 PM, Aled190 said:

Okay for the tradition tree, here's some possible descriptions and rewards for them.

Oedipus Complex:

"The greatest honor a mother can have is their children's undying love! Our people often mark adulthood when they make their mother a grandmother."

+5% population growth and /or +5% happiness

For Family Oriented

"We pride ourselves for our strong filial piety, with our families and their estates growing ever larger, we have formed a superior division of labor capable of meeting our empire's needs!" 

+5% Worker output

OR if that's not horny enough

"We pride ourselves for our strong filial piety and love for families, we should demonstrate both by encouraging procreative exhibitionist sex."

+10% ruling ideology bonus, +5% to sex jobs

I really tied to avoid suggesting pop growth, since every trait seems to give it already. The only one I'd advise giving it too would be Oedipus complex specifically for the mythological connotations. 

I'll adjust the values since I have already ideas for what the effects for those specific tradition traits do but I like the tradition descriptions and I'll use them with credit to you ^^

Hmm. For the Policies, I don't think +/- Crime makes much sense. I mean, yes, the fact that incest is or is not legal does change how the legal system works... But you don't rob a bank because you aren't allowed to bang your sister.

I would have gone with a +/- % of Crime. It's a vertical slice vs a horizontal slice. 

38 minutes ago, Zorlond said:

Hmm. For the Policies, I don't think +/- Crime makes much sense. I mean, yes, the fact that incest is or is not legal does change how the legal system works... But you don't rob a bank because you aren't allowed to bang your sister.

I would have gone with a +/- % of Crime. It's a vertical slice vs a horizontal slice. 

Honestly I threw crime in there because I just didn't want to limit the policy effects to two or less effects, so aiming for 3-ish I just threw something random in. I do think crime does seem a bit weird but I'm out of ideas and stability is out because it already exists as a planet modifier.

Edited by dragondxlv
7 hours ago, CryoAgun said:

I have all the titles and texts of the mod that way. Do you know how to resolve?
image.png.7a1645a59f42c9ba2b8f9991aef3763f.png

If you're not playing on english the text will look like that because I don't have this mod localized for other languages (except russian and chinese but those are both outdated as well)

8 hours ago, dragondxlv said:

If you're not playing on english the text will look like that because I don't have this mod localized for other languages (except russian and chinese but those are both outdated as well)

I'm playing in Portuguese (pt-BR), I even tried to reinstall the game but it didn't give me the option to install in English

I'm new at this, so I might be missing something important, but couldn't CryoAgun just create some Portuguese localization files for use in their local copy of the mod? 

Wouldn't the tooltips be fixed by simply copying the english localization files and replacing the "l_english:" line at the top of each file with "l_braz_por:"?

Granted it wouldn't be a true localization since everything would still obviously be written in english, but from the context it sounds like CryoAgun is fluent in english.   If I'm understanding things correctly, this relatively quick copy/paste/edit bandaid fix would fix the broken descriptions by enabling usage of the english ones within the portugese installation of the game.

3 hours ago, hawwwwwwwwk said:

same thing is happening to me

5 hours ago, Lolbot2 said:

Is it me or is the "Pregnancy Chance" not working? idk what this is lol. unless there's a option I needed to pick image.thumb.png.fbe99309192a2bde265757cfa119786e.png

I have disabled the pregnancy event from firing until I work on other systems within the mod first ^^

A bit more info: That option isn't really meant to be picked, it's just there to show what the pregnancy chance is for your ruler or heir which the chance varies for your ruler/heir's species traits.

Edited by dragondxlv