Sexout-xNVSE compatibility

For the moment, SexoutNG and several dependent mods such as Spunk are experiencing difficulty when xNVSE 6+ is installed. With the anticipated Frontier mod now out, which requires xNVSE 6.0.2+, more people here update & end up wondering why sexout is bugging out. This thread should group everything related to that, so redirect people here if they mention issues.

Here's what we know:

- failure to start a second act after a first one completes: this should be resolved in xNVSE 6.0.3

- other issues related to arrays, loops & other NSVE4 functionality: several resolved by now, but not all.

Edits:

- updated OP to reflect changes in xNVSE 6.0.3.

4 hours ago, KiTiTy said:

I'm putting a build together now from TTW+Frontier, and it has NVSE 5.1.4 included--sounds like I should hold off on updating for now?

I just tried xNVSE 6.0.3. and can confirm the ability to have sex more then once. so its probably safe to update

• 4 weeks later...

Dude you saved me from any more hours of trying to figure out why my mods didn't work! I never would have guessed that XNvse 6.0.2 was the center of my problems thank you! I updated to 6.0.6 and its all fixed, can't believe this was the only topic on this subject. Thank you again.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2021 at 11:31 PM, ChancellorKremlin said:

Stupid question, but this sounds unrelated to the issue where NVSE Extender (NX) appears to now be incompatible with NVSE 6+, is that correct?

If that is true, is there anything that can be done to fix it? 

I believe those bugs have been addressed.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:01 AM, dborg2 said:

I believe those bugs have been addressed.

Then I'm doing something incorrectly.  NVSE 6.0.9 and NVSE Extender v16 or v18 consistently generate error log messages.

nvse_extender_ng.dll (00000001 Extensions for NVSE 00000012) reported as incompatible during query

With xvnse  6.09 and nx 18 i get constantly Received Unknown Message 20 in my Console log and the Logfile from nx.

Did not find a Solution but its very annoying because the it goes on and on. The Sexout stuff works fine as far as i could test it.

I hope someone can come up with a Solution for this. I would but no Idea where to begin :)

I'm starting to think that most of this new problems only related to no gore version of the game, as it was already a thing with nvse and some plugins before. I have no evidence of my theory for now, but i noticed this

17 hours ago, danoid22 said:

nvse_extender_ng.dll

_ng, means that it's related to no gore version as i know, so probably it's related to it

What I did to get this far:

1. Deleted everything
  2. redownloaded FNV
  3. started FNV to 1st screen to create .ini files
  4. quit
  5. patched 4GB
  6. loaded NVSE 6.0.9 as a mod in Vortex (yes I know they say don't do that - but it appears to work - and I can change versions easily)
  7. loaded xnvse v18 as a mod in Vortex
  8. deleted nvse_extender_ng.dll from the mod staging folder (not Data) - redeploy in Vortex
  9. loaded JIP LN NVSE Plugin 56.10 as a mod in Vortex
  10. loaded SexoutNG - Core 2-10-97 as a mod in Vortex
  11. loaded SexoutNG - Data 2-10-07 as a mod in Vortex
  12. downloaded two part .zip SexoutCommonResources dated 04-23-21 - unzipped into offline folder - rezipped into one file - loaded as a mod in Vortex

So functionality appears to work, no external errors reported, but I too, an receiving the 'Received unknown message 20' spam in nvse_extender.log.  Basically a deal breaker because the file will bloat to fill the drive.

Help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

nvse_extender.log

• 1 month later...

The solution, which I can attest to, seems to be to use jfmherokiller's fix which eliminates the issue:

I would also highly recommend installing the New Vegas Tick Fix which massively improves performance and stability for New Vegas, especially with Sexout mods installed:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537

Using these in tandem has had a huge impact on performance on my end, so I hope it helps you guys too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My New Vegas game broke at some point, so I tried updating to that new NX 19.  However my game thinks that version 19 is 0, so it instantly crashes.  I don't know why it sees it as 0 instead of 19.  I'm using the custom LL FOMM for installing, and also tried copying the file manually everywhere.  Nothing seems to work.

21 hours ago, ereese1980 said:

My New Vegas game broke at some point, so I tried updating to that new NX 19.  However my game thinks that version 19 is 0, so it instantly crashes.  I don't know why it sees it as 0 instead of 19.  I'm using the custom LL FOMM for installing, and also tried copying the file manually everywhere.  Nothing seems to work.

FOMM has issues installing DLL files.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hentaiswentai said:

so I am using nvse 6.0.7 and when I boot the game sexout and spunk are not working, their saying that I don't even have it working? can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

do you have JIP NVSE and also version 19 of NVSE Extender.

Versions 16 and 18 of NVSE Extender are incompatible with xNVSE 6.0.7