Instead of writing walls of texts you could've already made executions yourself....

I actually thought I was on the nexus site when I read this comment.

I had people on nexus nagging me to make a special version of the mod for them.  So I made it, it was useless to me, and only 0.7% of people downloaded it after 2 months.

So 5 people will play with executions, maybe start a new game while 99.9% will look at it once and then reload.

Would someone be so kind as to please explain to me how the timers in this mod work exactly?

Prison -> Time between events

Prison -> Punishment duration

Pillory -> Time between events

Pillory -> Punishment duration

The only thing which seems to affect time is Prison -> Time between events, which changes how long it takes for the jailer to enter your cell. Everything else doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Neither of the pillory values change the duration of pillory, which takes 7 hours of standing around without punishment... Whipping also seems to last an infinitely long amount of time. (Which the Inte's patch addresses via "Whipping Time").

Is there any way to reduce the pillory time? Or is that some kind of hard-coded value? If so, what do the pillory settings do?

Lastly, I also have one issue with the Jailer NPC's whipping event (both versions). It seems like 90% of the time he fails to do anything at all. He comes into the cell with the whip equipped, but fails to actually draw it out. Then he just stands there with an empty hand and whip equipped on his side... I might mention he's the only NPC that does this (also including if he tries to whip you once in 05e.) Everyone else takes out the whip just fine. Is this some kind of bug? Or is it a mod conflict? I don't have any mods that change the jail aside this one.

Dear Inte,

Could you please double-check these functionalities?

1. "Skip once" functionality doesn't seem to be working in 05e.

2. Player doesn't automatically teleport to the jailer if too far away. If this was intentional, could you please make a toggle for this? I sometimes get stuck on the staircase and it breaks immersion to open up the mod menu to teleport.

3. Would it be possible to turn off NPC whipping while in prison / cage? I have NPCs teleporting into the cage to whip me, and it looks very odd.

Thank you so much for your patches!

Edited by Guest

Would someone be so kind as to please explain to me how the timers in this mod work exactly?

Prison -> Time between events

Prison -> Punishment duration

Pillory -> Time between events

Pillory -> Punishment duration

The only thing which seems to affect time is Prison -> Time between events, which changes how long it takes for the jailer to enter your cell. Everything else doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Neither of the pillory values change the duration of pillory, which takes 7 hours of standing around without punishment... Whipping also seems to last an infinitely long amount of time. (Which the Inte's patch addresses via "Whipping Time").

Is there any way to reduce the pillory time? Or is that some kind of hard-coded value? If so, what do the pillory settings do?

Lastly, I also have one issue with the Jailer NPC's whipping event (both versions). It seems like 90% of the time he fails to do anything at all. He comes into the cell with the whip equipped, but fails to actually draw it out. Then he just stands there with an empty hand and whip equipped on his side... I might mention he's the only NPC that does this (also including if he tries to whip you once in 05e.) Everyone else takes out the whip just fine. Is this some kind of bug? Or is it a mod conflict? I don't have any mods that change the jail aside this one.

Dear Inte,

Could you please double-check these functionalities?

1. "Skip once" functionality doesn't seem to be working in 05e.

2. Player doesn't automatically teleport to the jailer if too far away. If this was intentional, could you please make a toggle for this? I sometimes get stuck on the staircase and it breaks immersion to open up the mod menu to teleport.

3. Would it be possible to turn off NPC whipping while in prison / cage? I have NPCs teleporting into the cage to whip me, and it looks very odd.

Thank you so much for your patches!

Let's see...

1. Skip once -- that is used to skip long walks to and from events, and I have not had any problems with it. Truthfully, I do not use it to skip walks to and from the pillory, I like the feeling of helplessness too much (I play in hardcore mode). I have used it when arrested very far away from prison, to teleport to prison and it worked every time.

2. Unless the player is in combat, I've never had any trouble with this either.

3. Oh, you mean the whip once feature? Hm... yes that is experimental an I thought something like that might happen. It is triggered when an NPC talks to your PC, I never tested it with the cage scenario though. :blush:

So the NPC's outside the cage talk to you then teleport inside the cage whip you once and teleport back out again? :D that is strange.

Let's see...

1. Skip once -- that is used to skip long walks to and from events, and I have not had any problems with it. Truthfully, I do not use it to skip walks to and from the pillory, I like the feeling of helplessness too much (I play in hardcore mode). I have used it when arrested very far away from prison, to teleport to prison and it worked every time.

2. Unless the player is in combat, I've never had any trouble with this either.

3. Oh, you mean the whip once feature? Hm... yes that is experimental an I thought something like that might happen. It is triggered when an NPC talks to your PC, I never tested it with the cage scenario though.

So the NPC's outside the cage talk to you then teleport inside the cage whip you once and teleport back out again?  that is strange.

Fast Forward - Once skips the initial arrest, which is the middle option. You're probably thinking of Fast Forward - Always, which does indeed work. Fast Forward - Once stops working when I apply 0.5e. (Though, truth be told, I could probably just press T and wait an hour. Seems to do the same thing.)

For 2 ... I will look again, it might be because the guard stopped nearby.

I use to play a mod on Oblivion that had Execution available only if you were caught out as a member of the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild, and even then you had to sit in a jail cell and wait for either the guards to take you away or for a guild member to come and help you escape. 9/10 you could escape on your own and could even stand a chance of earning the right to live in combat (since the form of execution was held in the Arena, against either the Grand Champion if you're not already them, or a line of Elite Guards that would shoot arrows at you or fight you.)

Sadly because Skyrim has no Arena, the concept of having an Execution system that grants the PC a chance of escaping or earning their right to live is very narrow; the PC would have to try and escape from their cell before their execution date, and even then I would assume no guards would simply allow you to pay them off should you return to the Hold.

Perhaps a better form of harsher punishments for serious offences or repeat offenders could be one of the following:

-Longer time in jail based on crime gold. (1 day per 100 gold, for example)

-For very long sentences that would not be fulfilled by the days in prison limit (if it had one), a forced triggering of one Hold Quest after the PC is released (go kill these bandits for the Jarl, ect.) in order to remove the remaining bounty, or face more jailtime.

-Crimes that (in my opinion) would normally net execution could be punished through forced labour (like how you mine silver in Cidnha Mine) or enslavement by the Jarl or Thanes.

-Banishment could be a possibility, with permission to return being granted when certain conditions are met.

I still miss the Arena in Oblivion...it would have been so much fun fighting all the far more aggressive creatures of Skyrim in the Arena! And we might have had a better form of "Fight or Die" Justice for serious crimes.

Still loving this mod! It makes being a thief far more enjoyable when you get caught.

I have noticed alot of talks about executions and there are some good cases against it which I agree with. But my mind for some reason thought of a solution that may or may not solve this issue with those who want executions and those who don't want them.

Well in the debug section of the mod you can activate the triggers for minor and major crimes. What if a third trigger was created for Capital Crime or Death Sentence Crimes that can only be accessed through the trigger. So if a player wanted to add some level of fear and the need to try and escape knowing all well that if they fail the escape or not trying to escape while they activate the Capital Crime Trigger than they will be executed. 

Now I ain't much of a programmer so I don't know if that is possible to create a trigger only function of the mod so this middle ground of the debate can be reached.

Minor feature request: Lose all your valueable items after captured for major crime. Why? Because it's fun! And it always bothered me how I could serve my jail time instead of paying my high bounty and come out as a rich woman nontheless.  :)

(And wouldn't it be more logical if you could pawn your items anyway? :) )

I will just go ahead and mention that I figured out what my issue was with the whip animation failing to work.

This mod has compatibility issues with XP32's 1H Weapon Animations. Even if I use the female-only version, I still had to delete the included male animation directory.

Ok, having recently tried Slaves of Tamreil you get a real sense of immersion into what its like to be a victim in a prison type scenario. Degraded, chain ganged and then left to sleep in filth it really looks like a great mod. Its from this type of immersion that you can see why people want executions. Not every master you come across is going to be a benevolent master like captured dreams your going to get your ME's and worse.

What I think would make Prison Overhaul amazing would be this escalation of punishment to fit the crime and track repeat offenders.

To be truly lore friendly, even a thief in this kind of game era may have had a hand cut off. In fact I dont know if it was a glitch in my game or on purpose but if you play Vigilants of Stendarr one of the punishments your character gets their hand hammered and you can no longer cast spells from that hand for a time.

Lesser crimes like what was discussed here about being banished well I'm sure you've heard of tared and feathered. But as in slaves of Tamriel and a great device by Nooblet called the branding device of doom there's the option of branding someone with a mark so everyone knows their crime.

Again I cant express how much immersion the mod gives when your subjected to something and theres an interaction going on with your character. PO gives you a public display as this for example but they are at best an hour apart and can get repetitive after a while. If your like me you cut all sentences down to just one day and don't bother with being captured again after you've seen all that the mod had to offer.

With a branding however your stuck with the crime and a good scriptor could make it that npc's will treat you according to your mark. Shop owners will charge you more if your a thief perhaps or just refuse service. Random people may attack you if you've killed someone to get revenge for the fallen (actually that could happen without the branding but lets say it allows them to pick you out in a crowd).

The possibilities go on in this scenario. Another idea I had in regards to the executions was being crucified, there are crosses used in many mods, I prefer the one with the hook as its more animated and it made me think, seeing as crucifixion was designed as a slow death you could make a mini game where you suffer on the cross for a while and if you survive then your sentence is up. You could have people throw fruit at you as well just to give it that immersion.

In fact I dont know if it was a glitch in my game or on purpose but if you play Vigilants of Stendarr one of the punishments your character gets their hand hammered and you can no longer cast spells from that hand for a time.

Definitely a glitch if it only didn't let you cast spells, because you're also not supposed to use weapons with it lol.

To be truly lore friendly, even a thief in this kind of game era may have had a hand cut off.

That can be done either with a mesh(as long as the weight slider doesn't explode) or making part of the hand invisible(much easier) and adding a little stump to it, but the problem is making all gloves invisible/deleting them for that hand from every nif, maybe the rings too.

The possibilities go on in this scenario. Another idea I had in regards to the executions was being crucified, there are crosses used in many mods, I prefer the one with the hook as its more animated and it made me think, seeing as crucifixion was designed as a slow death you could make a mini game where you suffer on the cross for a while and if you survive then your sentence is up. You could have people throw fruit at you as well just to give it that immersion.

Nobody cared about the crucifixion

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16113-prison-overhaul/page-25?do=findComment&comment=340694

With the new version installed I get CTD whenever the guard will violate to the prisoner in the cell, too annoying! does anyone know the reason of that? I had to disable the options of sex in the cell and only leave the whipping, not more CTD. 

CTD shouldn't happen on violation. It sounds ilke you have a mod conflict between two scripts. It might take you a couple days of experienting to figure out what exactly is causing CTDs. In my case, it was Death Alternative and Creatures pack. Those two mods make Defeat and the other sex mods extremely unstable... especially Creatures.

Try enabling only the bare minimum for PO, and see if it causes any problems.

Nobody cared about the crucifixion

http://www.loverslab...-25#entry340694

I guess it depends on how complete it is and how it immerses you. In the post you said it yourself "its in a prison cell (lame)"  hardly a setting for a public display to deter future criminals. No jeering crowd and rotten fruit. True immersion is the lead up to the event this would even include a black screen or a fixed camera point in first person on the ground with the blindfold effect and just being able to see a guard standing over you, meanwhile you hear some hammering of the nails pinning you to the cross and your screams. It would probably be to much to then have the camera pan up as they hoist the cross up but it would be a good effect. Only then would you be able to pan to third camera and see yourself on the cross with a hood on and then it switches to the mini game to keep your char alive.

With the new version installed I get CTD whenever the guard will violate to the prisoner in the cell, too annoying! does anyone know the reason of that? I had to disable the options of sex in the cell and only leave the whipping, not more CTD. 

CTD shouldn't happen on violation. It sounds ilke you have a mod conflict between two scripts. It might take you a couple days of experienting to figure out what exactly is causing CTDs. In my case, it was Death Alternative and Creatures pack. Those two mods make Defeat and the other sex mods extremely unstable... especially Creatures.

Try enabling only the bare minimum for PO, and see if it causes any problems.

I only have installed the mods required for PO, I not have installed  the mods you mention, I thought in install Defeat but it requires necessarily the creatures pack. Do you use Defeat without the creatures pack? I do not understand why the CTD only happen when the charater going to be raped in the cell, except for that there is nothing wrong with the mod. 

To be truly lore friendly, even a thief in this kind of game era may have had a hand cut off.

That can be done either with a mesh(as long as the weight slider doesn't explode) or making part of the hand invisible(much easier) and adding a little stump to it, but the problem is making all gloves invisible/deleting them for that hand from every nif, maybe the rings too.

Well I'll have to take your word for it my programming skills are basic and I've never scripted for a game before so I wouldn't know where to begin when messing around with skeletons and related code. I'm not one for wanting to reload games after my characters been too debilitated either so to put such a punishment in there would have to be some Harry Potter potion to grow back the limb. Or maybe a nice hook hand or peg leg mod.

While on the topic of all things permanent like death from being executed what maybe easy to do is something done in a few games like WoW and have the character turn into a ghost until they get to a shrine and heal. There's the phantom potion effect and you'd just have to turn off AI aggro and the ability to interact with anything but a shrine and maybe doors if the idea of placing shrines at accessible locations sounds annoying.

While on the topic of all things permanent like death from being executed what maybe easy to do is something done in a few games like WoW and have the character turn into a ghost until they get to a shrine and heal. There's the phantom potion effect and you'd just have to turn off AI aggro and the ability to interact with anything but a shrine and maybe doors if the idea of placing shrines at accessible locations sounds annoying.

One good way to do that would be a go-between mod, linking to SD+ and API for optional scenarios. Author of such mod could device what ever peril he\she wishes and get characater sent to Sanguine after the event. This would allow her to die without actually dying and stumble back to Nirn trough Sanguine's realm.

Executions are not my cup of tea, but situations could vary from sexy bound perils with change of escape (and which are my cup of tea) to actually slaying the character, depending on author and audience.

Here is where I jump out of the siderailed wagon. ;)

One good way to do that would be a go-between mod, linking to SD+ and API for optional scenarios.

Yes theres always that option, but it has been my experience in these mods that swapping between load area's incurs other problems like black screens, stuck characters, CTD and other scripts tagging along for the ride. A spell effect like what I suggested that has to many conditions maybe just as bad as a death alternative scenario. Ideally something lite weight and none dependent on other mods would be my first choice however.