Quick question -- Is there a 'showracemenu' type command for NPCs?

I would greatly prefer to experiment with mods on NPCs rather than my player character, since NPCs are a bit more disposable.  This would be much easier for me if a console command similar to 'show race menu' existed for NPCs.  Is there anything like that?  Or perhaps a mod that makes it possible?

Thanks.

I think you can do something like the following. At least you could...

npcREF.MatchFaceGeometry player 100

http://www.creationkit.com/MatchFaceGeometry

If you have RaceMenu you could open RaceMenu, save your player's face, edit it to what you want the NPC to be, exit RaceMenu. Use the console command to transfer the player's face to the NPC, then open RaceMenu and load the saved face and apply it to the player then save & exit.

Nope, you'll need to use something like the NPC Editor or the CK. I recommend the latter. :P

What kind of mods are you trying to experiment with that works better on NPCs rather than your PC?

My character is male, most of the mods I'm experimenting with are meant for females.  I could use the 'sexchange' command, yeah, but I'd still have a male face and that'd be a little unsettling.  I could also start an entirely new character for the sole purpose of being a mod guinea pig, but I would have preferred to just experiment with NPCs since they already exist in abundance.

But since there's no 'showracemenu'-esque command for NPCs, I'm left with no choice but to explore those alternatives.  Guess it's time to learn how to use the Creation Kit.

I think you can do something like the following. At least you could...

npcREF.MatchFaceGeometry player 100

http://www.creationkit.com/MatchFaceGeometry

If you have RaceMenu you could open RaceMenu, save your player's face, edit it to what you want the NPC to be, exit RaceMenu. Use the console command to transfer the player's face to the NPC, then open RaceMenu and load the saved face and apply it to the player then save & exit.

Ah, this might be useful.  Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Nope, you'll need to use something like the NPC Editor or the CK. I recommend the latter. :P

What kind of mods are you trying to experiment with that works better on NPCs rather than your PC?

In fact you need both, because of that annoying lip tint bug of the CK. You need to create your NPC in the CK and afterwards apply the makeup FaceGenData created by NPCEditor (with the same settings as adjusted in the CK) by overriding the FaceGenData file of the CK. Otherwise you will have always colorless lips.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You can use Extensible follower framework, it allows you to use the "tattoos" command and allow you to morph the bodies of NPC's to your liking. Changes to their bodies are carried over, it works with UUNP and CBBE. It requires Racemenu and its respective plugins for UUNP and CBBE.

Guest ffabris

You can use Extensible follower framework, it allows you to use the "tattoos" command and allow you to morph the bodies of NPC's to your liking. Changes to their bodies are carried over, it works with UUNP and CBBE. It requires Racemenu and its respective plugins for UUNP and CBBE.

Manipulator also allows this. But you cannot edit faces, as you would end up with grey face. EFF and Manipulator both call RaceMenu directly, and RaceMenu itself disables editing anything to do wit the NPC's face.

Manipulator also allows this. But you cannot edit faces, as you would end up with grey face. EFF and Manipulator both call RaceMenu directly, and RaceMenu itself disables editing anything to do wit the NPC's face.

Not gonna lie, I think you may have solved a problem of mine. And alright, i was just thinking of places to start.

Well done SIR!

Please accept the title of "The Thread Necromancer"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys the thread is from 2013 :P

And the "Thread Necromancer of the Year" award goes to...

Some topics are timeless and it's better to resurrect existing information than to create new threads where the same replies may or may not get included.

Yes, I will note resurrected threads when the topic is not like this but this is a topic where the old answers still have merit.

Guys the thread is from 2013 :P

And the "Thread Necromancer of the Year" award goes to...

Some topics are timeless and it's better to resurrect existing information than to create new threads where the same replies may or may not get included.

Yes, I will note resurrected threads when the topic is not like this but this is a topic where the old answers still have merit.

I'm going to have to give you a special mention award for re-necromancing a 2-month old thread that people stopped caring about because it was already answered :D .

You have to admit that resurrecting a 3-year old thread to answer someone's question (again, answering someone's question from 3 YEARS AGO) has to be considered somewhat useless.  Let me restate this:  777Sage resurrected a 3-year old thread to answer someone's question - they did NOT ask a new, related question.  They answered a 3-yr old question.  That they had to search for.  I think the gentle ribbing for thread necromancy is well deserved in this case, don't you?  :)

[EDIT] CRAP, now I have to give myself a special award for continuing it.  shit.[/EDIT]

• 1 month later...

You have to admit that resurrecting a 3-year old thread to answer someone's question (again, answering someone's question from 3 YEARS AGO) has to be considered somewhat useless.

Not to re-re-necromance a positively ancient thread, but 777sage and ffabris' contributions are the furthest thing from useless. I (OP) just started modding Skyrim again after building myself a powerful new PC, and boy am I glad to see that my old question finally has a solid answer, even if it took a few years. And I might not have been aware of my options had 777sage not bumped it.

Even if I myself had never returned to this thread, look at how many others found use in their responses. I definitely appreciate their decision to bump this, odd a decision as that may have been. Thanks guys!

Not to re-re-necromance a positively ancient thread...

Too late...

First of all, WaxenFigure sum-total contribution to this thread was "Some topics are timeless..." - not even an answer to the original question.  My "somewhat useless" comment was not directed at WFs comment. but the necromancy of a three year old thread.  Something that someone (777sage) had to diligently search for.  It's not like this thread suddenly popped up to the top of the list and someone answered it.  Should I look for every "when is the CK coming out for Skyrim" ancient thread and answer it them saying "you can download it from steam now." ?  It is answering a valid question...

there's is a way to showracemenu npc now

161010072051723635.jpg

above it's just replacing the nif with one from a follower mod after renumbering it to that npc id to copy paste headmorphs

after renumbering the follower to that npc to copy paste headparts, if the game don't find one in the nif, it won't load it but generate a head with whatever is in the esp (result have no tinmask, head color won't match neck color)

you can't do that if the npc is already in the save

161010072046681277.jpg

the result of using an automate tools instead of just picking followers heads...

if you don't want to go back to a save before meeting that npc because of that, you have that npc id now

data\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\x.esm\

copy paste in skse\chargen

tesedit, go to the id of npc, check of its weight

back to the game, showracemenu, you select the npc weight (or there will be a gap between head and neck), import its head and do whatever you want to do

if you change that npc weight, setnpcweight newweight disable then enable

game won't load that nif like that, it want to find the headmorphs from the save

either you rename the meshes of new nif with what is in old nif

either you copy paste morphs of new nif in old nif

The other option us use Manipulator...  copy the description about Racemenu over NPC...

------------COPY-----------

If you have UIExtensions installed, then you will have a RaceMenu entry in the panel as well. This allows you to modify some aspects of the NPC, including body sliders (if your installed skeleton supports it). Tattoo support probably requires RaceMenu Overlays as well. This RaceMenu window can also be opened via hotkey (set in the Settings panel)

In brief, the RaceMenu bit allows you to do to an NPC everything you can do to your own character, minus anything that would alter the face to the point that the facegendata becomes invalid. If you don't have morphs available for yourself, you won't have them for NPCs - etc. Anything that would alter the face cannot be done. This isn't lack of will or knowledge; simply, the game engine doesn't allow it.

------------COPY-----------

• 6 months later...