What NPC's are happily married?

Background -- I've been working on a mod that relies on SL and SLA.  One feature of the mod is NPC to NPC interaction.   By accident, I ended up with Ulfberth popping out of the shop to kiss his wife, Adrianne.  I was thinking it might be a feature to expand to other happily married NPC's who have a daytime work location near their spouse where neither spouse is of the "elder race."  But I don't know the details of Skyrim all that well and don't know who else I should add. 

In Solitude, Beirand and Sayma seem happy but it's quite a journey compared to Ulfberth's.  In Darkwater, Annekke and Verner are nearby but I don't think she likes him much.   Perhaps Geimund and Fridrika at the Solitude Stables but she seems like a "cold fish" where my impression is that Ulfberth and Adrianne actually like each other. 

Can anyone think of qualifying couples?

1 hour ago, Wodo said:

Background -- I've been working on a mod that relies on SL and SLA.  One feature of the mod is NPC to NPC interaction.   By accident, I ended up with Ulfberth popping out of the shop to kiss his wife, Adrianne.  I was thinking it might be a feature to expand to other happily married NPC's who have a daytime work location near their spouse where neither spouse is of the "elder race."  But I don't know the details of Skyrim all that well and don't know who else I should add. 

In Solitude, Beirand and Sayma seem happy but it's quite a journey compared to Ulfberth's.  In Darkwater, Annekke and Verner are nearby but I don't think she likes him much.   Perhaps Geimund and Fridrika at the Solitude Stables but she seems like a "cold fish" where my impression is that Ulfberth and Adrianne actually like each other. 

Can anyone think of qualifying couples?

I think Fridrika is just cold to the player, and would be to other travelers, in a way that makes little sense with her husband trying to get those people to come and buy a horse, so I could see her being friendly and close with her hubby.

Katla does have a husband, but you never see him since he never leaves the house.  They do seem to love each other, though she's a little over worked.  He could leave the house to give her a kiss, and food, if you wanted to do that.

The Lylieves (Azzada and Michel) in Dragon Bridge would be another good candidate, and if you wanted to get sneaky, Lodvar and Olda could share a kiss someplace not quite visible. There seems to be a little something going on there.

In Solitude, Freir and Rorlund don't say much but do share the temple and while "not much" does mean they don't have loudly declared passions for each other, it also means they're not carping about have ice for a heart or wanderlust and not helping in the mine.

Addvar and Gretta could be an option, if the player has returned the Amulet of Talos. Gretta will visit the market or go lean against the post outside Angeline's Aromatics and that could be a good time she could visit her husband.

Falk does sneak off to Bryling's house some nights around 3 am, they don't really have a good time while in the palace to sneak down to one of the bedrooms, but that could also be an option if you can swing it.

Markarth probably won't have too many, though if you've done the Book of Love quest out of Riften, Calcelmo and Faleen are a couple, or can be.  He never leaves his area and possibly after 8pm he could walk over to where she's having a supper.  Endon and Kerah would also be a loving couple with paths that cross during the day (iirc both at the market and after 8pm in the Inn... where Kleppr and Frabbi are more likely to throw things at each other than loving glances!).

Riften's temple priests are married and Dinya and Maramal would be pretty good candidates, given their deity. Unmid and Anuriel could sneak off some place for "combat training" as their little dialog aside suggests.

A little out of the way, but the Snow-shod farm SE of Riften has the newlyweds Addvild and Leonara working in the little field.

Whiterun, beyond the smiths, just has the Jon/Olfina Romeo and Juliet thing going, but they're not officially a couple so that might knock out some of the other options I listed, that won't be marked as "spouse" in game.

Windhelm has two possible options. (Discounting the priests of Talos because they don't say anything loving to each other and Jora complains to Elda that he's always at the palace and she doesn't see him much)  Torsten Cruel-Sea does stop to see his wife at the market around 6pm or so and they exchange comments. That would be a good time to do what you wanted.  The horse seller Ulundil outside might not get a kiss from his wife Arivanya if she's dead (cause you botched the Blood on the Ice quest) or because he smells of horses (she complains about smelling of horse herself a lot).

Falkreath has Mathies and Indara, though they might be a little too down having just buried their girl. At least they do work in the same area and could easily walk to each other.  Be a good candidate for a "hug" animation if we had one.

Winterhold's Dagur and Haran would be another easy couple.  Married, apparently happy and pretty much always in the same cell, baring any mods changing their sleep packages (they do have a bed in the basement where Haran could sleep but Dagur doesn't in vanilla).

Kynesgrove has Kjeld and Iddra in that inn but he seems a little too taciturn to engage in PDA.

So, for simplicity and ease I'd pick Katla and Snilling, Azzada and Michel, Freir and Rorlund, Endon and Kerah, Dinya and Maramal, Torsten and Hillevi, and Hod and Gerdur would really make sense and be easy.  The Alvor/Sigrid coupling has a few snippy remarks between them that make public PDA make less sense.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, karlpaws said:

I think Fridrika is just cold to the player, and would be to other travelers, in a way that makes little sense with her husband trying to get those people to come and buy a horse, so I could see her being friendly and close with her hubby.

Katla does have a husband, but you never see him since he never leaves the house.  They do seem to love each other, though she's a little over worked.  He could leave the house to give her a kiss, and food, if you wanted to do that.

The Lylieves (Azzada and Michel) in Dragon Bridge would be another good candidate, and if you wanted to get sneaky, Lodvar and Olda could share a kiss someplace not quite visible. There seems to be a little something going on there.

In Solitude, Freir and Rorlund don't say much but do share the temple and while "not much" does mean they don't have loudly declared passions for each other, it also means they're not carping about have ice for a heart or wanderlust and not helping in the mine.

Addvar and Gretta could be an option, if the player has returned the Amulet of Talos. Gretta will visit the market or go lean against the post outside Angeline's Aromatics and that could be a good time she could visit her husband.

Falk does sneak off to Bryling's house some nights around 3 am, they don't really have a good time while in the palace to sneak down to one of the bedrooms, but that could also be an option if you can swing it.

Markarth probably won't have too many, though if you've done the Book of Love quest out of Riften, Calcelmo and Faleen are a couple, or can be.  He never leaves his area and possibly after 8pm he could walk over to where she's having a supper.  Endon and Kerah would also be a loving couple with paths that cross during the day (iirc both at the market and after 8pm in the Inn... where Kleppr and Frabbi are more likely to throw things at each other than loving glances!).

Riften's temple priests are married and Dinya and Maramal would be pretty good candidates, given their deity. Unmid and Anuriel could sneak off some place for "combat training" as their little dialog aside suggests.

A little out of the way, but the Snow-shod farm SE of Riften has the newlyweds Addvild and Leonara working in the little field.

Whiterun, beyond the smiths, just has the Jon/Olfina Romeo and Juliet thing going, but they're not officially a couple so that might knock out some of the other options I listed, that won't be marked as "spouse" in game.

Windhelm has two possible options. (Discounting the priests of Talos because they don't say anything loving to each other and Jora complains to Elda that he's always at the palace and she doesn't see him much)  Torsten Cruel-Sea does stop to see his wife at the market around 6pm or so and they exchange comments. That would be a good time to do what you wanted.  The horse seller Ulundil outside might not get a kiss from his wife Arivanya if she's dead (cause you botched the Blood on the Ice quest) or because he smells of horses (she complains about smelling of horse herself a lot).

Falkreath has Mathies and Indara, though they might be a little too down having just buried their girl. At least they do work in the same area and could easily walk to each other.  Be a good candidate for a "hug" animation if we had one.

Winterhold's Dagur and Haran would be another easy couple.  Married, apparently happy and pretty much always in the same cell, baring any mods changing their sleep packages (they do have a bed in the basement where Haran could sleep but Dagur doesn't in vanilla).

Kynesgrove has Kjeld and Iddra in that inn but he seems a little too taciturn to engage in PDA.

So, for simplicity and ease I'd pick Katla and Snilling, Azzada and Michel, Freir and Rorlund, Endon and Kerah, Dinya and Maramal, Torsten and Hillevi, and Hod and Gerdur would really make sense and be easy.  The Alvor/Sigrid coupling has a few snippy remarks between them that make public PDA make less sense.

Honestly you can count down happy couples in Skyrim on your hands, it was probably a running joke or something or the writer hated happy couples because most are either bickering among each other, widows/ers or unfaithful. Even Hod in the very first intro towards Skyrim for the player tells to his wife "What is it woman? Spent drunk on the job again?" lmao

Some of those are simply terrible in general, for example Kjeld has a bastard child with a young woman in Darkwater passing, and Sergius has a love triangle with Faralda and Nirya who hate each other because of it. Bethesda never finished the relationship system or their backgrounds so we only know this from delving around in creation kit

Another suggestion would be Vantus Loreius and Curwe, Tova and Torbjorn shatter-shield, he after all gives a quests for the player to help his mourning wife.

3 hours ago, Durante said:

Honestly you can count down happy couples in Skyrim on your hands, it was probably a running joke or something

or the ever more common product of a broken marriage not having any good examples.

Hod in the very first intro towards Skyrim for the player tells to his wife "What is it woman? Spent drunk on the job again?" lmao

Yeah she was trying to get his attention in such a way as not to tell the whole village there was a traitor fleeing the authorities and then he goes and yells it anyway (though your quote is "Sven drunk on the job again" and I don't blame Camilla for her indecision, though Faendal at least is productive and useful, though will cause problems with any racist locals).  Alvor and Sigrid bicker far more with him staying too long drinking at the inn and then her not bringing water.

Some of those are simply terrible in general, for example Kjeld has a bastard child with a young woman in Darkwater passing, and Sergius has a love triangle with Faralda and Nirya who hate each other because of it. Bethesda never finished the relationship system or their backgrounds so we only know this from delving around in creation kit

Yeah, hard to figure out what was going on with just hints and unfinished clues.  Some of that I discount since we don't have a whole story or even the reasons behind what we do find.  How much was unfinished and how much just mistakes or different devs without a unified storyline (Black briars for example)

Another suggestion would be Vantus Loreius and Curwe, Tova and Torbjorn shatter-shield, he after all gives a quests for the player to help his mourning wife.

The Shatter Shields I did consider but did not mention for the same reason as the couple in Falkreath... mourning couples probably won't have much in the way of PDA though they are both in public and visible areas every day which would make encounters easy.  Vantus and Curwe I did not consider, but she was a single line of blocking dialog so I don't know if that would interfere with anything else. She certainly seems stiff to outsiders, like Fridrika at the Solitude stables.

Idgrod Ravencrone and Aslfur in Morthal seem to have a pretty supportive relationship.

I think at least some of the bickering spouses would benefit from this interaction as well. Depends if you interpret their bickering as gentle ribbing or genuine resentment. Like Alvor and Sigrid in Whiterun for example, they have some bickery lines but Sigrid shows a possessive side if you talk to her as a female DB, which might make PDA make some sense.

It'd also be neat for this interaction to imply certain romantic relationships that don't necessarily have a canonical basis. For example Dengeir and Tekla in Falkreath, Sond and Asta in the Eldergleam Sanctuary, or some of the Companions at Jorvasskr.

12 hours ago, Buridan said:

Idgrod Ravencrone and Aslfur in Morthal seem to have a pretty supportive relationship.

I think at least some of the bickering spouses would benefit from this interaction as well. Depends if you interpret their bickering as gentle ribbing or genuine resentment. Like Alvor and Sigrid in Whiterun for example, they have some bickery lines but Sigrid shows a possessive side if you talk to her as a female DB, which might make PDA make some sense.

It'd also be neat for this interaction to imply certain romantic relationships that don't necessarily have a canonical basis. For example Dengeir and Tekla in Falkreath, Sond and Asta in the Eldergleam Sanctuary, or some of the Companions at Jorvasskr.

I imagine the Companions as more of a free Sex Community.. I mean they "Fight" everyday for their life's. Wouldn't be strange if they see Sex as a means to release the tension. If we get Aela and Skor out of the way they don't seem  to be much of a romantic group :/

But i agree, there have to be more couples outside of marriage. If we look back at Riverwood it wouldn't be strange for me to see Camilla switching from Sven to Feandal every second day until you solve the Quest in the favor for one of them (or even your own which is possible in Solutions.)