[mod] Intimate Encounters

I think you don't want to include parens after is_close_or_extended_family_of:

root.father = {
	is_close_or_extended_family_of = root.mother
}

Scope is kind of hard to understand but I'm pretty sure this will do what you want. I think "root.father" and "father" are equivalent in this case and you could also use "prev.mother" instead of "root.mother"

2 hours ago, bunt776 said:

You cannot check that scope before it is set, the trigger is evaluated before the "immediate" code block is executed. Furthermore, you would need to declare you are using a scope like this scope:child_who_has_come_of_age.mother

is_close_or_extended_family does not expect "CHARACTER", though I couldn't tell you what kind of pattern this follows.

Was your previous attempt written like this?

root.father = {
            is_close_or_extended_family_of = {
                root.mother
            }
        }

If so, what kind of error did you receive?

Here are all of the various errors i get related to this if i run the code you listed above.
[14:31:18][jomini_eventtarget.cpp:676]: Failed to find a valid event target link '{' at  file: events/education_and_childhood/ie_coming_of_age_events.txt line: 31[14:31:18][pdx_assert.cpp:583]: Assertion failed: Not a valid compare token in trigger
[14:32:23][jomini_script_object.cpp:30]:  file: events/education_and_childhood/ie_coming_of_age_events.txt line: 31: is_close_or_extended_family_of: target' is invalid: field not set
[14:32:23][jomini_script_system.cpp:208]: Script system error!
  Error: is_close_or_extended_family_of trigger [ Validation failed ]
  Script location: file: events/education_and_childhood/ie_coming_of_age_events.txt line: 31
[14:32:23][jomini_trigger.cpp:205]: PostValidate of trigger 'is_close_or_extended_family_of' returned false at  file: events/education_and_childhood/ie_coming_of_age_events.txt line: 31
[14:34:50][jomini_script_system.cpp:208]: Script system error!
  Error: is_close_or_extended_family_of trigger [ character (is_close_relative (target character)) was null ]
  Script location: file: events/education_and_childhood/ie_coming_of_age_events.txt line: 31

ive tried everything that i know how to do

The Coming of Age event works but it took my such a long time to get i. It's either not 100% chance of getting even though it SHOULD pop as almost all triggers are firing or it's broken or requirements are different than what was said already.

The first one I managed to get needed Handsome (level 3) father who was also a witch of faith that had Cousin marriages which means close family relations were creating Incest secrets, and a daughter/granddaughter that was also a witch (converted at age 15 by me as I was her witch guardian), had a level 3 Beautiful trait and was Lustful. My other 3 previous wards were all my daughters and granddaughters but didn't have either a Lustful or Level 3 beauty trait as they were all witches at age 15. 

@Siudhnewhat you said here "Regarding traits, you need either a beauty-trait father or a lustful/deviant/seducer/incestuous/witch daughter, not both, the requirement is definitely there - or should be there, at least." doesn't hold water at all. First of all, how can a daughter turning 16 already be a seducer unless you use a cheat engine to add that trait? Second, she definitely needs to have more than 1 of those traits as it doesn't trigger the event based solely on those, or the coding is wrong or doesn't work properly in Royal Court update.

Spoiler

20220215205721_1.jpg.5caef9b84aad9f94a982f7e496ba6d6b.jpg

Even though this granddaughter was also a product of incest, the game didn't trigger the event, maybe cause of Disputed Heritage and mod didn't know I was the father. So for all my next daughters, I didn't merry them off and just let them stay in my court, seduced them. The next daughter/granddaughter didn't trigger  the event, could be cause I didn't say she was mine when she was born so it only showed one parent, her mother and my daughter. So for the next one I proclaimed she was mine and we both got the Icnestuous trait but the event didn't pop again, she didn't have a Beautiful nor Lustful trait, only the Witch secret. Only the last daughter/granddaughter triggered it as she had the Witch secret, Lustful trait AND Beautiful, as shown below.

Spoiler

20220215231543_1.jpg.6a65d4157dae8cb627d405735721b2df.jpg

Spoiler

20220215234237_1.jpg.0868cde0c0ccebd60aa675262f9a5178.jpg

Spoiler

20220215234446_1.jpg.3706da6b36e7d265a34c76725fe99ee7.jpg

Spoiler

20220215234511_1.jpg.f7ae8a256a4f89e5e22778b1e94095cf.jpg

So either the triggers are misfiring or the mod doesn't work all of the time. Only had Carnalitis and Intimate Encounters mod in my playlist during this playthrough.

2 hours ago, disposabletemp said:

I think you don't want to include parens after is_close_or_extended_family_of:

root.father = {
	is_close_or_extended_family_of = root.mother
}

Scope is kind of hard to understand but I'm pretty sure this will do what you want. I think "root.father" and "father" are equivalent in this case and you could also use "prev.mother" instead of "root.mother"

THIS. THIS IS IT. i dont know why but removing the brackets fixed this issue. i was finally able to get the event to pop up naturally in game. THANKYOU

Alright, so I've done extensive tests regarding the coming of age event. My conclusion: It works as intended.

So now that I've wasted far too much time on this one, here's the comprehensive list of requirements for you all, so that hopefully this issue doesn't need bother me again:

• The event triggers 7 to 21 days after your daughter turned 16.
  • She must be attracted to men
  • You must be the father officially. It is not enough for you or the player character to know it. If the child doesn't have you in the father slot, it doesn't count.
  • One of these must be true:
    • Your daughter has one of the following traits: Deviant, lustful, or seducer, but doesn't have the traits chaste or celibate
    • Your daughter has the incestuous or witch traits
    • You have any beauty trait and the daughter is not chaste
  • Your daughter must not be incapable
  • The daughter must not be able to trigger the disputed heritage event. This is no issue as long as you are both the real and the official father. It's also no issue if the daughter has the bastard, legitimized bastard or wild oaf trait. Both should be the case anyway.
  • A relationship with your daughter must be seen as incestuous according to your faith. So check what your consanguinity doctrine says.

I don't get it, how can you be the father officially, yet at the same time make the bastard with unknown, secretly incestuous, mother? I know only that you can hide a father by not acknowledging a bastard, but how to make that work with mother?

Would make more sense to reveal that to your relative's daughter-ward, who you are a secretly a father of

Edited by disrupt
8 hours ago, disrupt said:

I don't get it, how can you be the father officially, yet at the same time make the bastard with unknown, secretly incestuous, mother? I know only that you can hide a father by not acknowledging a bastard, but how to make that work with mother?

Not sure what you mean with "unknown, secretly incesuous". When the child is born, there is an event that basically says "you both know it's your child - acknowledge or keep it a secret?" If you acknowledge the child, you officially become the father. If you don't, you can later reveal the secret ("child's heritage" or something like that) of the mother, to the same effect.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:14 PM, Siudhne said:

Not sure what you mean with "unknown, secretly incesuous". When the child is born, there is an event that basically says "you both know it's your child - acknowledge or keep it a secret?" If you acknowledge the child, you officially become the father. If you don't, you can later reveal the secret ("child's heritage" or something like that) of the mother, to the same effect.

The event text says: 

"Now that my [child_who_has_come_of_age.Custom('GetDaughterSon')] [child_who_has_come_of_age.GetFirstNameNoTooltip] has come of age, it is time to tell [child_who_has_come_of_age.GetHerHim] the truth: [child_who_has_come_of_age.GetSheHe] is the product of the incestuous relationship between me and my [ROOT.Char.Custom2('RelationToMe', child_who_has_come_of_age.GetMother)].\n\n[child_who_has_come_of_age.GetSheHe|U] does not seem surprised when I tell

It implies that the truth about her mother was hidden, and it was unknown that her mother was related to father. But how?  If you seduce your sister, you can either:

1) Acknowledge the child, but the incest secret will be revealed

2) Not reveal the secret, but then you won't be a father officially

How can you both keep it a secret and be a father officially? 

If there's no secret then there's no "truth" to reveal as it happens in th event

Edited by disrupt

I see what you mean. In this case the event text does not perfectly match the event requirements and effects. Although I guess one could interpet it as "some people know my secret - it is revealed - but of course I'm not actively going around telling everyone" - so maybe you child in particular was actively shielded from that knowledge, up until to the event. CK3 secrets are sadly very binary in this aspect.

Hi, I have problem with version 0.1.7 of this mods, (versions 0.1.4 and 0.1.5 both are fine though can't speak about 0.1.6 cause I skipped it) - I don't see "host masked orgy" decision. I thought that I could have some mods incompatibility issies but I tested this mod with only Carnalitas on new save and still I didn't see that decision but on previous versions I have it even with other mods. My game is up to date so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what is wrong :/

Interesting, it works for me. Do you by chance not have the Royal Court DLC?

The only thing that changed from 0.1.5 to 0.1.7 is a one-liner. Can you test the following for me? In mod\Intimate Encounters\common\activities\ie_activity_orgy.txt, under ie_activity_orgy, add "frame = 2" so that it looks like this:

ie_activity_orgy = {
	expiration_days = 300
	days_until_auto_start = 20
	frame = 2
	color = { 0.853906 0.867188 0.105469 1 }

Does that resolve the issue?

Edited by Siudhne

Just tried again with the official 0.1.7 and DLC, still works for me. Weird. No other mods should be able to interfere with it either, unless they are deliberately overriding the orgy. Do you use the outdated Carnalitas Dominatio (or other mods that add orgies I'm unaware of)? If so, try disabling them and see if it makes a difference.

Silly maybe, but you are playing a landed character with a county title or above, right?

I'm not using other mods which adds orgies and yes I was playing and testing with landed charactes with county and above. But I checked some mods and I had in the same folder IE 0.14, so I checked it files. It's turns out that forgot to change names in .mod files (descriptor and IE inside the folder) cause I left this version bc of the animations form CBO- I'm swithing between them (sometimes I want only Carnalitas and IE and sometimes more mods, but some of them requires CBO). So I'm just stupid  :v Sorry that I bothered you when problem was on my side and thanks for helping :)

I'm sort of irked that the "Coming of Age" event only fires for characters that whose religion forbids incestuous encounters. Why not allow them for the other religions as well? Well, I did that. Modified the Coming of Age Event file and the English localization (if someone else wants to to the others, be my guest, I just know I'm unilingual),

I originally just modified the event, so it would fire for any father/daughter incestuous relation, but the localization about "What's one more sin" and "forbidden lust" didn't make sense, so I slightly changed those as well.

If anyone wants to check to make sure I didn't screw anything up (and if I did, please let me know) or just wants my version, here it is.

ie_coming_of_age_events.txt ie_coming_of_age_events_l_english.yml

This mod causes head seperation on spindly characters

image.png.033a8f31a5eac33d8893769a35e30a84.png

removing

gene_spindly = {

spindly = {
				index = 0
				male = {
					setting = { attribute = "bs_body_gaunt_1"  value = { min = 0.0 max = 1.0 }	}
					setting = { attribute = "bs_body_slim_1"  value = { min = 0.0 max = 0.5 }	}
					setting = { attribute = "bs_gaunt_1_body"  value = { min = 0.0 max = 1.0 }	}
				}
				female = male
				boy = male
				girl = male
			}

}

from zz_08_genes_special_visual_traits_overwrite.txt solves it.

AS someone unfamiliar with mod, why is a 'sex scene' mod affecting genes anyhoo?

Edited by Dwjliel
2 hours ago, Dwjliel said:

This mod causes head seperation on spindly character[...]

Good catch, I removed those overrides and uploaded a new version. Back then it was included to fix a vanilla bug, but meanwhile they fixed it themselves.

10 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

None of my wifes has an option for A Bold Proposition. How do i trigger it?

It's not an option, but a randomly occuring event if the conditions are met (see spoilers in the first post).

Edited by Siudhne