[mod] Intimate Encounters

6 hours ago, Siudhne said:

I'm not sure in which context your problem might have occured. Can you specify what Intimate Encounters event caused it?

It is hard to say. Happen months after a sexual encounter; after orgy event. If I am a male ruler, the event work as intended. Trouble often brew when I am a female ruler.

@Siudhne
Hi,

you default game rule is not the same as the available options:

ie_masked_orgy = {
	default = ie_masked_orgy_all
	ie_masked_orgy_player_and_ai = {}
	ie_masked_orgy_player_only = {}
	ie_masked_orgy_disabled = {}
}

Should the default not be "ie_masked_orgy_player_and_ai"?

On 5/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, sagimine1 said:

It is hard to say. Happen months after a sexual encounter; after orgy event. If I am a male ruler, the event work as intended. Trouble often brew when I am a female ruler.

Can you make screenshots the next time it happens?

On 5/8/2022 at 10:06 PM, LordDGP said:

@Siudhne
Hi,

you default game rule is not the same as the available options:

ie_masked_orgy = {
	default = ie_masked_orgy_all
	ie_masked_orgy_player_and_ai = {}
	ie_masked_orgy_player_only = {}
	ie_masked_orgy_disabled = {}
}

Should the default not be "ie_masked_orgy_player_and_ai"?

True. Sorry for the inconvenience. I can't seem to find the time to test these days, let alone to play, and it shows. ?

Intimate Encounters is causing an issue where the Make Love button does not always trigger. When clicked it just closes the decision window. You still lose stress (if you have Arousal Framework installed (I believe that's where stress loss from sex comes from)) but you do not lose arousal. If you repeatedly click Make Love it will eventually trigger a scene.

Here is my loadout. Ignore the warning beside CFP, I had to download from Paradox Plaza and manually put the older version in because I forgot the new expansion came out today and the creator for CFP was lighting quick with his update (btw if anyone's game is filled with bald characters all of a sudden this is the cause). So the launcher thinks it's for 1.6 but it's actually for the version I'm on. 

I have turned off all of the following mods to test if they were the cause. None of them fixed the issue, however as soon as I turned off Intimate Encounters the issue stopped appearing (tested with triggering Make Love 10 times in a row without issue).

• Carnalitas Arousal Framework
  • Prostitution Tweaks
  • CBO Animations Pack
  • CBO Carnal Court + CFP compatch

Here is my load order. Do I need to move my Intimate Encounters somewhere else? I really want the masked orgy decision it's great for stress and arousal loss lol.

image.png.054a8ca5325a052e04876df3a440f94c.png

Other installed mods I do not believe interact with the same system so should have no conflict.

image.png.56da5aa80c29487be4b1e5ce89516143.png

Thanks for the report. The new iberia update probably broke something with Carnal Court, and Intimate Encounters may or may not need to be fixed as well. I don't have much time right now, but I'll keep in mind that there's an outstanding issue.

In the meantime you could try disabling Carnal Court. If you do, Intimate Encounters should fall back to regular events with vanilla CK3 animations, which probably still work.

By the way, the default stress loss from the "Make Love" decision is from Carnalitas (as seen in the preview window before confirming the decision). However, if you have exceptionally good sex, you might trigger additional stress loss (shown in a small popup window).

Edited by Siudhne
12 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Thanks for the report. The new iberia update probably broke something with Carnal Court, and Intimate Encounters may or may not need to be fixed as well. I don't have much time right now, but I'll keep in mind that there's an outstanding issue.

In the meantime you could try disabling Carnal Court. If you do, Intimate Encounters should fall back to regular events with vanilla CK3 animations, which probably still work.

By the way, the default stress loss from the "Make Love" decision is from Carnalitas (as seen in the preview window before confirming the decision). However, if you have exceptionally good sex, you might trigger additional stress loss (shown in a small popup window).

Oh true I actually may have noticed the issue after my game auto-updated and enabled the new DLC without me realizing... I will add it to my current playthrough (still on 1.5.1.1 for my LoversLab playset) and report back if the issue exists or not.

To your point on the "Make Love" section, oh okay I get it I didn't know that was from Carnalitas. That part is still working. With Intimate Encounters enabled though, in addition to the Make Love scene not activating, no Arousal is lost, which is from Arousal Framework. Arousal is still lost when other events trigger your character having sex (brothel, seduction, etc.).

I'll check later tonight if it was in fact the new DLC causing issues.

EDIT: Nope it's present on 1.5.1.1 with Iberia DLC deactivated. I think it's a conflict with Carnal Court.

Edited by KingOfCairo
On 6/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, gaser20 said:

I was wondering if we could get the Event ID's to use if we want to use the console commands to forcibly trigger one of the events?

I'd suggest looking in the events folder for the specific event you want to trigger.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:02 AM, Siudhne said:

Hey just FYI the issue was on my end, not with Intimate Encounters. I re-installed the mod and it works fine, although I do feel the chance to trigger events is pretty low. Would increasing the "on action" chance for the events break the mod?

friendship_ongoing = {
	# For reference: vanilla friendship events have weights 10-300, total 1200
	random_events = {
		10 = ie_friendship.0001 # Sharing everything. "Might become lover" event has weight 10, and this a bit more extreme. However, it also has harsher requirements.
	}
}

For example, increasing the weight of the "share everything" friendship event from 10 to say 50? My understanding is that is how you determine the chance of a specific event triggering, so if we wanted to see these events more consistently we'd just have to up the weight in each of the "on_action" files?

Thanks for the follow-up.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, KingOfCairo said:

For example, increasing the weight of the "share everything" friendship event from 10 to say 50? My understanding is that is how you determine the chance of a specific event triggering, so if we wanted to see these events more consistently we'd just have to up the weight in each of the "on_action" files?

Yes, increasing the weights in that way will increase the chances in general. However, keep in mind if the event has very restrictive triggers and is not allowed to trigger in your current situation you won't see it no matter the weight.

Edited by Siudhne
3 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, increasing the weights in that way will increase the chances in general. However, keep in mind if the event has very restrictive triggers and is not allowed to trigger in your current situation you won't see it no matter the weight.

You're welcome.

That makes sense! I did notice when looking through the files there were events with a lot of required triggers. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...