Bad Dog's Ungulates: Horse, Deer, Minotaur (LE & SE)

On 1/25/2021 at 11:51 PM, Bad Dog said:

Horse race is obsolete. I'd avoid trying to run the two together but it might work. 

The only CBBE bodies that are seamless are the ones that match the vanilla placement. I could do a variant that fits the other CBBE bodies but is there only one CBBE placement, or do the different bodies require different hands and feet? And what body would be the one to use? And does it work on both platforms, or does SE have a whole different set of issues?

I'll put anthro schlongs on the wish list. Things like that I tend to put off until someone asks for them so I know whether there's interest.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, Vaccinated Alligator said:

I'm having wrist and ankle seams using the CBBE 3BBB body (arrows added to indicate):

ScreenShot6.jpg.2b4f0262067ce15cea90a677fe20bf61.jpg

Is there any patch to fix those seams? Textures and overlays are fine here.

(Edit: The seams happen in all ungulate races ?)

Hi Bad Dog, I am having the same issue as Vaccinated Alligator above. The gaps affect all female ungulate races for me.

I am using CBBE 3BA, and I have tried using Bodyslide to play with the sliders (CBBE Curvy, CBBE Vanilla, CBBE Chubby, CBBE Petite) and the gaps are still there, so I think it may be an issue with the hands and feet meshes (head mesh for Equines too, for me).

Below are my screenshots (using CBBE Vanilla pre-set). A patch to fix these would be awesome. :)

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

SS4.png

SS5.png

On 7/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, mercury4eva said:

I am using CBBE 3BA, and I have tried using Bodyslide to play with the sliders (CBBE Curvy, CBBE Vanilla, CBBE Chubby, CBBE Petite) and the gaps are still there, so I think it may be an issue with the hands and feet meshes (head mesh for Equines too, for me).

I've switched back from 3BA to BHUNP a few months ago and all the body seams were gone.

In fact, if you play mainly with beast races, I'd recommend you to use UNP based bodies instead of cbbe ones.

I was able to do that without much hassle because all armor/clothes/DD mods I use also had a BHUNP version available.

Awesome mod man!! Love the models!

The Minotaur is very buff wich I like, but when I put on armor the body sizes back to the vanilla body size..

Any idea on how to fix this? I looked it up and there is a way to update the clothing to match the character size via BodySlide?? Have no idea if that works on your models..

(A way to keep the naked big body size when putting on clothing)

Thanks man!!

Spoiler

Big Naked 2.pngSmall Clothed.pngBig Naked.png

Edited by Zeraba
Added some screenshots
On 7/17/2021 at 1:41 AM, Bad Dog said:

How did you get him buff, is the question. If you did it with one of the male models that has bodyslide settings, you have to convert all the armor too.

Thanks for the reaction but I just put the (what I thought the "vanilla") Weight slider to the max. But it is a lot larger than the vanilla thats for sure.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.b7f774fba91b7cfb6c8f232aae65c405.PNG

But if it can be fixed via the BodySlide app, do you know what model you used to create this mod? Or how I could get it, to use in BodySlide?

The only male model from the list in BodySlide I could find is the SOS male body..

Edited by Zeraba
10 minutes ago, Zeraba said:

Thanks for the reaction but I just put the (what I thought the "vanilla") Weight slider to the max. But it is a lot larger than the vanilla thats for sure.

Looks like you installed the SOS Bodybuilder body mesh instead of the default one. You'd need to install SOS Bodybuilder-fit mesh replacers for vanilla gear, but none exist so far (and I doubt they ever will).

Reinstall SOS and pick the normal/default body instead. That way the 100% weight shape of the nude body will match that of outfits and armors.

12 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Looks like you installed the SOS Bodybuilder body mesh instead of the default one. You'd need to install SOS Bodybuilder-fit mesh replacers for vanilla gear, but none exist so far (and I doubt they ever will).

Reinstall SOS and pick the normal/default body instead. That way the 100% weight shape of the nude body will match that of outfits and armors.

Ahh makes sense. I'll be on my way then, thanks for the help and fast reactions!

Edit: Now I remember, I check the "bodybuilder" box when installing SOS

Edited by Zeraba
37 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Yoo fixed it!!

I found the right mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26337?tab=posts

First I dint know what to look for so tnx @Blaze69! And for anyone who might have had the same problem there is a solution^^

Spoiler

1553242591_BigNaked2.png.91b6fd1f9526fd562b24795d5fff9168.pngScreenShot5.png.ad97f0e97d5e9e439ab95a32b20a6779.png

Edited by Zeraba
1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

And WTF is this about anyway? I mean, *I'm* not going to but nobody cared enough to do it? With Bodyslide/OS should be straightforward, right?

My favorite race mods with the exception of one problem.

Id like to play cervid with the mane hair option but for some reason textures stretch with that option, tested with others and only that seems to be affected. Although only during combat. tested with a full large mod list and very very few mods as well.

1680315399_SkyrimSpecialEdition2021-02-1211_09_01PM.png.81287434dec3919dccf12a3128a05797.png

Is there a cause unfamiliar with? maybe cbbe? any info would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else gotten the Red Triangle Glitch with this pack? The meshes for all three of the races seem to consistently fail to load, and I'm trying to suss out what the problem might be beyond "has a lot of smut mods installed". I tried deleting the old Horse custom race but it hasn't really gotten me anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, so I spent a couple days digging around and finally pieced together enough information to make vanilla hand/feet fit CBBE ankle/wrists that work with bodyslide. I fixed up the horse and halfway done with the deer. I'll share my cbbe fixes once I get to everything. I did write down the steps so I wouldn't forget, but also if anyone else wants to give it a go. Took me a little over 30 minutes to fix some hands once I got the process down. The instructions might assume at least a basic understanding of outfit studio/bodyslide and 3D modeling software, but hopefully it's not too vague.

Create a reference body

create a reference body to use in blender (both the base mesh and one with the sliders applied)

• Load reference CBBE body template in outfit studio

• uncheck de-select/select sliders above the sliders panel to deselect all sliders.

• select the AnkleSize and WristSize sliders and set them to 100%

• slider > set base shape

• right click the mesh in meshes panel and export as .obj

How to edit a .nif in blender basically

If you already have your own .nif workflow use that. I'm sure there's a better way with the right tools.

• import _0.nif into Outfit Studio and then export as .obj

• In Blender, Import cbbe body for reference and hand/foot obj files.

• in edit mode, merge (m) > by distance. Outfit studio splits the vertices along the UV seams and need to be recombined.

• the cbbe wrist/ankle seam has twice as many vertices as vanilla. Some hands may have already been Subdivided, if it has you can probably skip to the next section. Align the vertices to the closest vertex on the cbbe model.

• export the edited mesh as .obj

• In Outfit Studio set the original hand/foot .nif as the reference file.

• import the .obj exported from blender

• double click the new mesh in the mesh panel to open the properties.

• go to the geometry tab and enable skinning. In the shader tab click "copy from shape" at the bottom then click OK. This will apply some of the shader properties, but it will most likely need corrected in nifskope.

• right click the new mesh > copy bone weights

• In the partitions tab create partitions to match the old mesh. You can select the mesh and move to the partitions tab to compare. Right click the partitions panel to add a new one and set the appropriate type to match. Make sure symmetry is off and then paint over the mesh to mask out your selected partition.

• right click the new mesh from the mesh panel and export as .nif

• Open both the original mesh and the one just exported in nifskope.

• On the new mesh select BSTriShape, from Block Details, right click Vertex Desc > Vertex Flags. Make sure they match the original mesh which should only have Vertex | UVs | Skinned enabled in this case.

• On the original mesh right click BSLightingShaderProperty > Block > copy, then right click the same block on the new mesh > block > paste over. This will copy over the shader properties from the original mesh.

• save the new .nif.

Creating the morphs and sliders.

You can skip all of the above if the vertex count on the wrist/ankle seam match up. (like the deer FemHands). Skip the steps with _0.nif if you already completed the earlier steps. You just need to make the slider.

• import _0.nif version into outfit studio

• export the mesh as .obj

• import into blender, preserve vertex order in the geometry import settings.

• snap vertices to the wrist in edit mode, don't merge any vertices or the vertex count won't match. You can also adjust any other part of the wrist area to make for a cleaner transition in shape.

• Duplicate the mesh and do the same on both versions of the reference body.

• export as .obj, make sure the keep vertex order in the export settings.

• in outfit studio set reference to cbbe hand/foot template.

• select the _0.nif mesh imported earlier

• import the edited _0.obj and let it update the selected mesh

• turn on edit mode for the wrist/ankle slider

• sliders > import slider data > .obj and select the exported .obj file.

• Save project as... and make sure the filename matches the original. Uncheck "copy reference shape into output".

• run bodyslide and build morphs for the saved project.

Alternative slider creation

The original method I used before finding the above. This relies more on outfit studios tools. Less precise without vertex snapping.

• Open Outfit Studio, load reference and select CBBE hand/foot from the template

• import the fixed mesh.

• Uncheck any sliders that aren't important to matching the seam if applicable.

• Select the mesh and at the top click sliders > conform selected. This should apply the slider from the reference to the mesh. Some slight manual adjustments may be needed to make the seam is completely invisible.

• Save project as... and make sure the filename matches the original. Uncheck "copy reference shape into output".

• run bodyslide and build morphs for the saved project.

Oh well that's good to hear. Seemed like the most reliable option without having 3dsmax or dredging up blender 2.49b, though finding good info is difficult.

Edit: Oh, snap! I see what you mean now.  Nice work with the blender tool, I'll have to try it out.

Edited by Farvel
11 minutes ago, Doujinator said:

What body mod works with this? Was wanting to use Touched by Dibella but the textures are off and there are seams on the hips and wrists. Or is it CBBE and is CBBE the only one that works currently?

UNP based bodys.

• 1 month later...

"If you have met this horror, you know. Perhaps it has spared you, but it has not spared me from it. Worse still, this fate is not of it's choosing. Rather, it is a matter of absolute desperation, and this, it is my own fate. Pity it is not merely a dream."

Spoiler

Cathedral1.png.1214c11221e5b3b8a89de797cac9b585.pngCathedral2.png.9514de6a7ab6138a33d9d25a04acd748.png

(Consider some assets in these shots a W.I.P.)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, works in vr too with the schlongs vr mod. I have noticed however a ctd in the case of one npc. The moonbeam npc, (female horse in Bannered Mare ALWAYS causes a ctd when she is made nude, whether asked or searched (killed the npc to test this issue a bit) 

Is there a possible know fix or reason? I do use the CBBE with curvy options and the appropriate cbbe patch. Will update after further checking to see if she is the only one.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PatateFrancaise said:

Hey, i verry love you're mod, but i search this muscle texture mod. Can you say give me the mod pls ?

i think thats the sam (Shape Atlas for Men) body with Skyfurry addons

Edited by MadMansGun
  • 3 weeks later...

Love this mod, however I have a problem
The female Minotaur NPCs (Neema, Nzuri and Thamani) are standing still on a rock near Minotaur Home.
They won't move, even if recruited or transported through cheats or Follower Tweaks. I can still order Neema to move, but that's not really a solution.
Is it just a problem on my end or has anyone encountered it too?

Edited by Xylovon
providing more precise information on the topic